Photo

A sugestion/ idea for GTAForums.

12 replies to this topic
S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:53 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 08 February 2013 - 11:56 PM.

I'd like to purpose an idea for the interface of these forums to deal with the daily search of info of GTAV.

I'm sure everyone knows that GTAV release is further away, although they keep coming here daily hoping that there is something new, even if is just a remote possibility but very plausible. So with this is mind I have a suggestion for the Admins/ Mods of this forum. So this is my idea, instead of that annoying image of that crying kid, how about something like a "shoutbox" a square or even just an image updated daily with whate is happening or happened about GTAV?

Something like "Nothing new about GTAV today" or "a rumor about a distribution company about a vresion for PC/ PS4, Wii U...", News from a developer indicate"...

I used just some examples, not what is expected or possible, but the idea is just a new visible "billboard" to replace and be used in the header of GTAV forum, I knoew about the EWS section, but what I'm saying is something a bit difference.

So what do you think is good is bad (why?), it's possible to do (yes, no?), leave your feedback please.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Rock of Ages. Still Rollin'. Rock 'n' Rollin'.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Shhhh don't question this police state. Do you want to get cut too?

But yes, I like this idea.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

Police state why? It's an innocent and harmless suggestion and I think it could actually be a very useful thing. And due to the constant spam and creation of useless threads, it could prevent people from missing what could be important and to dig into a lot of crap.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Rock of Ages. Still Rollin'. Rock 'n' Rollin'.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 00:24)
Police state why? It's an innocent and harmless suggestion and I think it could actually be a very useful thing. And due to the constant spam and creation of useless threads, it could prevent people from missing what could be important and to dig into a lot of crap.

This depressing blue background makes me think of North Korea, but that's besides the point.

The truth is that it won't really affect that. Remember there used to be a note saying that all dates provided by retailers are placeholders? There were still 2 topics about possible release dates created per day. It won't help that, it would be good if I just want to have a quick check to see if anything new is out.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

I didn't thought about this to end the multiple useless threads, I know that won't happen you can't control that. But the idea was for a quick check, like open forum look at the top read and thats it. Other then get in here, search 2 or 3 pages of the latest threads and realize there is noting useful other then a few pictures of videos to laugh about.

Hammertime12
  • Hammertime12

Let's Bounce!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

I like the idea. Why not right?

Linc.
  • Linc.

Seeking and Destroying since 1997...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

How about you just go to the New subforum and check for any new threads? smile.gif

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

This was a suggestion exclusively for GTAV, so I don't know why it was moved as a global GTA forum suggestion.

But, I hope mods give some feedback to it, I think it could be very helpful and useful.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Seeking and Destroying since 1997...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 12:31)
This was a suggestion exclusively for GTAV, so I don't know why it was moved as a global GTA forum suggestion.

It doesn't matter what subforum/GTANet site the suggestion is regarding, it belongs in the Site Suggestions subforum no matter what.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

No need for a shoutbox since we have IRC. As for reporting on leaks and rumors, it's nothing more than a waste of time. We prefer to focus our efforts on legitimate information, not fake or rumored information.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 04:48)
No need for a shoutbox since we have IRC. As for reporting on leaks and rumors, it's nothing more than a waste of time. We prefer to focus our efforts on legitimate information, not fake or rumored information.

Exactly. 99% of rumors are based on something false (like a faked CV or faked leaked in account or fake preview/interview) or, as most of the time, just silly fan conspiracy theories. I got real tired of seeing all the crap about how Rockstar used the "Hurricane" as an "excuse" to delay the trailer - even though their offices were shut down and without power for an entire week.

The next-gen rumors and the false "Adriaan said something will happen today" is also a big pet peeve of mine.

Thanks to everyone from the V section who read this. All 2 of you mad.gif

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 14:24)
[QUOTE=Ryan,Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 04:48]

Thanks to everyone from the V section who read this. All 2 of you mad.gif

Not sure what the last sentence meant.

Anyway the idea was like the "highlights" of the day instead on t he header, but ok was just an idea.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

I think that if there is anything worth being noticed it will be posted in the News section of GTAV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users