Photo

Franklin = Luis?

148 replies to this topic
latigreblue
  • latigreblue

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

I certainly don't want to play as some unthinking psycho with the ability to kill everybody around me esp if they were mouthy. There are different degrees of criminality and I personally prefer the Ocean's Eleven type.

I liked Luis. He was quite ruthless when he had to be. When H and A are teasing him, it was normal, to me that's how fellas talk to each other. The only thing I will agree him was the strange way he ran - like his shoes were too tight or he had to use the loo.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

you racist like gooby, they nothing alike

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (SomeManForGTA @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 01:50)
you racist like gooby, they nothing alike

Mannn everything about this post gave me life... from the avatar to the reply.. im laughing tears. thank you homie

jdrandall38
  • jdrandall38

Out of Work Comedian

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

Luis was the only character I liked from the GTA IV saga.

Johnny and Niko were very lame.
  • infamousxx09 likes this

GatoRemelento
  • GatoRemelento

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

Very little is known about Franklin to judge if he is or not like Luis. I think Franklin is a small timer wanting to rise in the criminal world, following Michael's steps.

Silentype
  • Silentype

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 23:58)
One of the reasons i disliked Luis, was because of the way he allowed his friends to treat him.. The guy went to prison for them and all throughout the missions with them one of them (can't remember which, the slightly less dumb one Henrique i think) treats him like a total bitch, cusses him out and tricks him in to getting in to serious drug deals, despite Luis having already told him he didn't want to do that anymore, and he just takes it throughout the entire story.

That's what pisses me off about him the most, they don't give the player agency to do what they want, which in my case was dump that mouthy, abrasive c*nt in the Hudson river. And they force you in to a linear story. That would be ok in itself, but the characters actions are always completely at odds with what he is actually doing.

Stop giving us protagonists who don't want to be f*cking criminals.. It's a crime game, it's about criminals, we all buy it because we want to participate in the crime. I don't want to go legit and work nightclubs, and i don't want to settle down with some deranged bitch to whom i couldn't even forge a single connection

Save these repentant characters for other games.. Having a character in GTA who spends all his time wanting to go straight, is completely at odds with why i put the disc in in the first place, breaks my immersion and completely shatters any connection with the character. Well for me it does at least.

And don't try to convince me that i like or have any emotional attachment to characters who are totally unlikable and spend the entire game treating me like i'm a complete c*nt.. All i want to do is shoot these f*ckers

"i LOVE YOU H"

No i f*cking don't, i can't stand the piece of sh*t and hope he dies...

100% agree, i'm tired of r* making half way in, wanna be out criminals, it's gta not a morality lesson.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Silentype @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 02:58)
One of the reasons i disliked Luis, was because of the way he allowed his friends to treat him.. The guy went to prison for them and all throughout the missions with them one of them (can't remember which, the slightly less dumb one Henrique i think) treats him like a total bitch, cusses him out and tricks him in to getting in to serious drug deals, despite Luis having already told him he didn't want to do that anymore, and he just takes it throughout the entire story.

That's what pisses me off about him the most, they don't give the player agency to do what they want, which in my case was dump that mouthy, abrasive c*nt in the Hudson river. And they force you in to a linear story. That would be ok in itself, but the characters actions are always completely at odds with what he is actually doing.

Stop giving us protagonists who don't want to be f*cking criminals.. It's a crime game, it's about criminals, we all buy it because we want to participate in the crime. I don't want to go legit and work nightclubs, and i don't want to settle down with some deranged bitch to whom i couldn't even forge a single connection

Save these repentant characters for other games.. Having a character in GTA who spends all his time wanting to go straight, is completely at odds with why i put the disc in in the first place, breaks my immersion and completely shatters any connection with the character. Well for me it does at least.

And don't try to convince me that i like or have any emotional attachment to characters who are totally unlikable and spend the entire game treating me like i'm a complete c*nt.. All i want to do is shoot these f*ckers

"i LOVE YOU H"

100% agree, i'm tired of r* making half way in, wanna be out criminals, it's gta not a morality lesson.

and with that said.. franklin betta be able to smoke blunts.. Opposed to drug free cj.... wtf was that???

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:05 AM Edited by GTA-King, 11 February 2013 - 03:09 AM.

^ I remember reading somewhere that a game journalist saw Franklin walk out of a marijuana dispensery. So I'm pretty sure he smokes the pot. cool.gif

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 03:05)
^ I remember reading somewhere that a game journalist saw Franklin walk out of a marijuana dispensery. So I'm pretty sure he smokes the pot. cool.gif

i just hope they aint removing sh*t for delay

Anzand17
  • Anzand17

V.I.P

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 00:01)
Why? Because is black? Other then that I don't see why or how.

user posted image

user posted image

Since when the f*ck is luis black? wtf? hes dominican and Puertorican. None of those are black. Damn racist hillbillies up in here. Probably from the south amirite?

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (Anzand17 @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 03:20)

user posted image

user posted image

Since when the f*ck is luis black? wtf? hes dominican and Puertorican. None of those are black. Damn racist hillbillies up in here. Probably from the south amirite?

First of all Luis is not Puerto Rican. Second, You have no idea how race, ethnicity and nationality works. Third, you're an idiot.

BigBoyTraks
  • BigBoyTraks

Where's Myra HotchKiss?

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (Mikey_Navaja @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 03:23)

user posted image

user posted image

First of all Luis is not Puerto Rican. Second, You have no idea how race, ethnicity and nationality works. Third, you're an idiot.

Truth!!

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

user posted image

user posted image

SMH

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

Yeah, black people are all the same! (I'm joking)
I think they might be slightly similar but not that much..

V8 Engine
  • V8 Engine

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

I just realised luis has an earring damn

CSM. HB J-DOGG
  • CSM. HB J-DOGG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

I think people need to understand is there is a difference between. American Black people, Domincan Black, African Black, ect... We may all have African Ancestors but are culturally different. Luis was also my favorite character also he was loyal and wanted better for his team like franklin so in that regard yes they may be the same. Franklin was telling lamar standing on the corner throwing gang signs will not get you real money. You never see a kingpin or a supplier on the corner. The move weight in bulk behind close doors. What I dont understand is how displaying confidence as a Black person is always considered arrogant by other races.

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (CSM. HB J-DOGG @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 05:50)
I think people need to understand is there is a difference between. American Black people, Domincan Black, African Black, ect... We may all have African Ancestors but are culturally different.

Yeah but the thing people are getting confused is that they think Dominican is a separate race by itself. I understand what you mean though.

CSM. HB J-DOGG
  • CSM. HB J-DOGG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE (Mikey_Navaja @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 06:07)
I think people need to understand is there is a difference between. American Black people, Domincan Black, African Black, ect... We may all have African Ancestors but are culturally different.

Yeah but the thing people are getting confused is that they think Dominican is a separate race by itself. I understand what you mean though.

Yeah some both have african ancestry but are cultural different. My ancestors were African American, Im a black american.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 03:01)

and with that said.. franklin betta be able to smoke blunts.. Opposed to drug free cj.... wtf was that???

Yeah i found that a little hard to swallow. Admittedly i don't know too many LA gangstas, but it seemed a little odd to me that CJ didn't partake. It's as much a cultural thing for street gangs as it is for Rastafarians..

I think it was maybe they were afraid of the controversy. Hence why the guys on the street offered you other sh*t too and you could choose to say yes, but he still said no, as if they wanted to put it in there but thought better of it.

Of course with weed now being legal in California, they figure they can put it in there and use that fact to get past any possible legal implications.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (CSM. HB J-DOGG @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 06:30)
QUOTE (Mikey_Navaja @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 06:07)

Yeah some both have african ancestry but are cultural different. My ancestors were African American, Im a black american.

We all have African ancestry whether we be black, white, or any other colour in between.

Not only is Africa where the oldest known human fossils were found, but extensive DNA testing has apparently revealed that every single ethnicity/race alive on this planet, who aren't from sub saharan africa share the same genetic transmutation in their DNA.

We are all descended from Africans and all from the same tribe.

Silentype
  • Silentype

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 03:01)
QUOTE (Silentype @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 02:58)

"i LOVE YOU H"

That was some bullsh*t, but even bigger bull then that was the fact that Sweet didn't want his gang to sale drugs because for him it was supposedly about protecting the neighborhood, yet more than likely the gang at the very least burglarized houses in its neighborhoods and extorted the limited # of businesses in its neighborhoods given that there is a money icon outside the johnsons' house at a certain point in time in the game that lets you know proceeds from criminal activities were being funneled to the player/CJ, so how are you then going to turn around and say your protecting a neighborhood? Now granted drugs do cause major damage, but any consistent pattern of criminal activity contained in a neighborhood cause and effect some form of damage/negative side effect to the people living therein.

Celtics
  • Celtics

Montreality.

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:44 AM Edited by Celtics, 09 October 2013 - 12:45 AM.

969814Luis1.png

792540Franklin1.png

Similarities:

-Background

-Both went to jail.

-Both need father figure. (Tony/Michael)

-Both having dumb friends.

-Annoying mom/aunt. (Adriana/Denise)

-Swagfags.

-Both are millionaire at the end of the game but they can't buy any houses.

Differences:

-Franklin can wear a bandana... Not Luis. Still, Franklin doesn't know that he can put his bandana into his right pocket instead of walking to his Vinewood house everytime he wants to put/remove it, what a shame.

-Franklin can wear a ski-mask... Not Luis. Unfortunately, F. doesn't know that a ski-mask could be considered as a '' mask ''.

-Luis could go to at least 3 clubs... Not Franklin.

-NOTHING.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

Both bitch about situations they got into, yet continue to get into even more sh*t. So god damn annoying do stranger and freaks missions, and hearing him bitch constantly about what he's doing as if they came to him.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

Frank and Luis are both definitely annoying whiners. That sh*t gets on my nerve too. R* really need to bring in someone fresh to help them create and write. They need to hire me. I'll make the GTA that everyone wants. I won't even charge them that much for doing it.

• tikhung01 likes this

infamousxx09
  • infamousxx09

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:44 AM

like big pun said,boricua

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:50 AM

They were similar. All of you dumb niggas kept saying that he is just like CJ. You clowns should have played TBoGT. Franklin is more like Luis than any other character in GTA history.

• infamousxx09 likes this

Jacob-B
  • Jacob-B

Misunderstood Genius

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

I honestly think Franklin is pretty different from Luis, and a definitely better protagonist.

Celtics
  • Celtics

Montreality.

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

I honestly think Franklin is pretty different from Luis, and a definitely better protagonist.

Franklin is the most generic/stereotypical character R* has ever created... I expected a lot more from him. I was shocked when

Spoiler
What a selfish prick, I laughed so hard when I saw that Shawn Fonteno (Voice of Franklin) was talking to TMZ & saying he's just like Franklin... So you're a bitch, Shawn?

CJ ran away of course but he came back & did his things...

By the way... Can anybody tell me why there's Chamberlain tattoos all over the parlors for Franklin? He bitching about the street life the whole story but he's going to have 423423 gang-related tattos? Come on.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:11 PM Edited by Deacon Bosco, 09 October 2013 - 06:11 PM.

Franklin is the most generic/stereotypical character R* has ever created... I expected a lot more from him. I was shocked when

Spoiler
What a selfish prick, I laughed so hard when I saw that Shawn Fonteno (Voice of Franklin) was talking to TMZ & saying he's just like Franklin... So you're a bitch, Shawn?

I couldn't really blame him, from what we see of him throughout most of the story Lamar's a borderline liability, with Franklin covering up for him on multiple occasions, almost as bad as Lance Vance in VCS but way less of a total asshole. I never doubted Frank cared about Lamar and would help him, but he's understandably sour.

Back to the point, yeah, I noted the similarity to him and Luis when we heard about Frank's situation, there's a difference though. Luis' story wasn't about him getting to the top, but staying there as he had his cushy job as Tony's "Business Partner" for a few years before TBOGT started, whereas you see Franklin go to his crappy repo job to his mansion up on Vinewood Hills. That's the difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users