Photo

Franklin = Luis?

148 replies to this topic
Baseball
  • Baseball

Godzilla flyin on a Pegasaurus

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

I can't wait to play as Franklin, he seems cool and you can't think of him as a pussy just cause he don't wanna sell dope on the corner. Same sh*t about Luis.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Baseball @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 12:33)
I can't wait to play as Franklin, he seems cool and you can't think of him as a pussy just cause he don't wanna sell dope on the corner. Same sh*t about Luis.

I'll admit; at first I wasn't really interested in Franklin at all because we don't know much about him. However, since this thead has been posted, I've come to appreciate the mystery and gotten hyped for the answers.

FrankieP
  • FrankieP

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

IQ-wise, they're basicly the same.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (FrankieP @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 13:12)

You don't know what you're talking about, do you?

Also, the correct spelling is "basically".

FrankieP
  • FrankieP

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 18:16)

My bad, I'm not a native speaker.

And, well, how would I not know ? Luis had a Cole Phelps morality along with a smaller IQ. And from what I've seen so far, it seems that Franklin will be the same.

BigBoyTraks
  • BigBoyTraks

Where's Myra HotchKiss?

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by BigBoyTraks, 09 February 2013 - 06:54 PM.

QUOTE (Claude94 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 00:49)
To all the "just because he's black" people, Luis isn't even black suicidal.gif

?? What was Luis then? Don't say Dominican because that is not a race. Clearly Luis has African in his blood just based on his features, like a ton of Afro-Latinos I know from the NY area. You can say the same thing about Obama then also, because his mother is white.

I guess I'm not black either I'm Brasilian..SMH

rare.steak
  • rare.steak

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

^^ Just like there are no Caucasians in this world just Americans and Brits and some Europeans and whatnots.

Also,
QUOTE (FrankieP @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 18:46)
QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 18:16)

My bad, I'm not a native speaker.

And, well, how would I not know ? Luis had a Cole Phelps morality along with a smaller IQ. And from what I've seen so far, it seems that Franklin will be the same.

Oh the irony. Not only are you pre-judging, but doing so by placing your own IQ tags on video game characters.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (BigBoyTraks @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 13:50)

?? What was Luis then? Don't say Dominican because that is not a race. Clearly Luis has African in his blood just based on his features, like a ton of Afro-Latinos I know from the NY area. You can say the same thing about Obama then also, because his mother is white.

Luis isn't black, he's hispanic. But why does that even matter in the first place?

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 19:12)

Luis isn't black, he's hispanic. But why does that even matter in the first place?

It matters to them apparently, because they can't let it go and they keep replying and it will simply keep going on forever.

But I blame the ones who keep replying, looking stupid imo.

This will be my last reply on this topic, Luis isn't similar to Franky.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:28 PM Edited by whatsstrength, 09 February 2013 - 07:30 PM.

It seems Luis is now Tom Cruise' bodyguard.

0:42

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Habs @ Friday, Feb 8 2013, 23:52)
Am I the only one who thinks like that? I mean, from what we've seen Franklin look the same damn thing, physically & mentally. From what we saw in trailer #2, all we could see is Franklin crying about the fact that his homie is selling dope & throwing up gang signs + he's arguing with his girlfriend just like Luis was doing with his mom. (And his brother/her sister Online)

I'm not trying to be pessimist, I'm sure I'll be a huge Franklin fan, but from what I saw/read lately it's looking like we're going to have a Luis #2.

What do you think?

No, even Rockstar says Franklin is a mixture between CJ and Luis.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (shadyslady @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 19:38)
Am I the only one who thinks like that? I mean, from what we've seen Franklin look the same damn thing, physically & mentally. From what we saw in trailer #2, all we could see is Franklin crying about the fact that his homie is selling dope & throwing up gang signs + he's arguing with his girlfriend just like Luis was doing with his mom. (And his brother/her sister Online)

I'm not trying to be pessimist, I'm sure I'll be a huge Franklin fan, but from what I saw/read lately it's looking like we're going to have a Luis #2.

What do you think?

proof?

Silentype
  • Silentype

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

It doesn't matter, but as BigBoyTraks was trying to say is that in some latin american/caribbean countries and cities and states in the u.s. you might see some individuals that you may mistake for black until they open up their mouth and start speaking spanish on you. Now the question is, is it a coincidence that some of these people "look black"(have darker than brown skin and have "african features") or is there something else to this deep darrkk(pun intended) mystery? We may never know.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Silentype @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 20:20)

It doesn't matter, but as BigBoyTraks was trying to say is that in some latin american/caribbean countries and cities and states in the u.s. you might see some individuals that you may mistake for black until they open up their mouth and start speaking spanish on you. Now the question is, is it a coincidence that some of these people "look black"(have darker than brown skin and have "african features") or is there something else to this deep darrkk(pun intended) mystery? We may never know.

dominicans have african ancestry just as much as black americans.. no mystery

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 14:45)
QUOTE (shadyslady @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 19:38)

What do you think?

proof?

I'm skeptical as well. I've read through EVERY preview and don't remember such a thing being said.

BigBoyTraks
  • BigBoyTraks

Where's Myra HotchKiss?

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Where did I say Luis was black? I said it's clear Luis has African blood based on his features, like many people from the DR's or Pr's. Hispanic is not a race smart guy. Any race can be hispanic. Just like Latino. I'm of African descent but I'm latino because I was born in Brasil, which is in South America. Am I "African American black"? No but I am black or negro in Brasil. It doesn't matter I'm pointing out that Hispanic nor Latino is not a race. It's a common thing mistaken by Americans.

Silentype
  • Silentype

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 20:33)

I was being sarcastic homie.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Silentype @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 21:46)

damn.. my fault

Silentype
  • Silentype

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 22:07)
QUOTE (Silentype @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 21:46)

damn.. my fault

It's cool.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

What do you think?

Ignorance is bliss, right.

CJ and Luis are the exact same character.

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

He is suicidal.gif

Or youre saying that hispanics cant be black? suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

ChrissDaMan
  • ChrissDaMan

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 02:51)
QUOTE (Revolution-XW @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 03:43)
QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 00:02)
QUOTE (Noclue_42 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 00:57)
QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Friday, Feb 8 2013, 23:54)
Oh god, I hope not. I hated that douche.

NO YOU'RE A DOUCHE cry.gif

Yes, thank you smile.gif
I don't really have a reason why Luis was a douche but he just is/was

That's call being a hater, straight up.

Luis was my fav character from IV, I don't really see anything wrong with him, was just always tough, physically and mentally.

OP, No, not even.

Sorry about that, lol. I just don't like him because he doesn't have a reason to do the things he is doing like Niko and Johnny do, he is also kind of a douche because he thinks he is such a big shot. confused.gif

I don't think he is like Franklin one bit.

That might be because he is a big shot.... sarcasm.gif

[µT]
  • [µT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

Luis is Afro-Dominican so yes he is black. But in response to OP, I don't really see how a non-Latino black from Southern California involved in a West Coast cultured street gang draws any similarities with an East Coast black Latino club bopper other than the fact that they both have really bad fades

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:04 AM Edited by Mikey_Navaja, 10 February 2013 - 06:10 AM.

So far the only clear similarities are as follows:

African ancestry

Ex-gang members

The differences are:

Luis is East Coast. Franklin is West Coast.

Luis is a bouncer. Franklin is a repo man.

Franklin has a dog. Luis, no pets

Luis is Latino. Franklin is not.

Luis's job is actually legit. Franklin is involved in a scamming business.

Luis wears fashionable jackets. Franklin is fond of button downs/polos.

ShaneHunter
  • ShaneHunter

The Boss

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

Op must be either blind or a troll.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

You could apply that same description to CJ too. He was trying to make more of himself, but kept getting dragged back to the ghetto by his friends. Was also arguing with his sister and brother.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

I don't see any real resemblance between Franklin and Luis. Franklin doesn't come across as an arrogant douchebag.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 07:38)
I don't see any real resemblance between Franklin and Luis. Franklin doesn't come across as an arrogant douchebag.

Only because you haven't heard him say more than one sentence... Which considering he used to do the same, could easily be construed as being an arrogant douchebag..

I am expecting Franklin to be exactly the same tbh

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 18:39)

Only because you haven't heard him say more than one sentence...

I almost guarantee he wont irritate me as much as Luis. Though I pretty much hate Luis so he's gotta be better. Can't be much worse. wink.gif

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 07:41)
QUOTE (Honest Bill @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 18:39)

Only because you haven't heard him say more than one sentence...

I almost guarantee he wont irritate me as much as Luis. Though I pretty much hate Luis so he's gotta be better. Can't be much worse. wink.gif

Haha i'm expecting him to be pretty much the same character..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users