Franklin = Luis?

148 replies to this topic
rare.steak
  • rare.steak

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

In that case CJ = Luis = Franklin.

Essentially they're getting out of the ghettos and going for bigger things. I don't see how that's a problem.

Oops, Getzmunney is reading. I mean they're trying to run from the set. Hope you understand you thug.

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (Revolution-XW @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 02:43)
QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 00:02)
QUOTE (Noclue_42 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 00:57)
QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Friday, Feb 8 2013, 23:54)
Oh god, I hope not. I hated that douche.

NO YOU'RE A DOUCHE cry.gif

Yes, thank you smile.gif
I don't really have a reason why Luis was a douche but he just is/was

That's call being a hater, straight up.

Luis was my fav character from IV, I don't really see anything wrong with him, was just always tough, physically and mentally.

OP, No, not even.

Luis is my favorite character too. Imo he was one of the most suited gta protags. i just don't like his sprint. it feels kinda slow.

sibs44
  • sibs44

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

Franklin is still in the ghetto, but he wants to get out. He has ambition and it's sorta evident he wants power. Luis was fine working under Tony.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

No comparison.. a dominican nyc bouncer ladies man with a gay boss and a south central los angeles street hustlin ex gang banger that looks like he will break your face if you even look wrong at him.

trinitario_DR
  • trinitario_DR

The Prospect

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

Franklin is black and Luis is Spanish ( Dominican). Luis is not black!

The-San-Andreas-man
  • The-San-Andreas-man

Certified Furry!

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (trinitario_DR @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 03:02)

Pretty sure his mother was spanish and his dad was black. So he's a bit of both. Correct me if i'm wrong.

YoungChrist
  • YoungChrist

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (beargryllls @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 00:04)
QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 00:01)
Why? Because is black? Other then that I don't see why or how.

user posted image

user posted image

yes of course yes, all black people looks and are the same, 2 years ago I met a black guy and he said he likes basketball then this year I met another black guy and he said the same thing

lmfaooooooooooo, I love this post

Melchior
  • Melchior

Anti-Complacency League, Baby!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (trinitario_DR @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 13:02)

I'm pretty sure the Dominican Republic is a largely Afro-Caribbean nation.

Anyway, I see the OP's point, but I doubt they'd completely recycle a character. They might come from similar positions, but I don't think that's a bad thing; I wouldn't really want to see another wanton gangbanger, I think Rockstar has outgrown that. Their narratives might have a similar theme of conflicting loyalties, but I'm sure their actual characters (attitudes, mannerism etc.) will be completely different. As long as Franklin doesn't share Luis' trademark flippancy ("chill out bro") I'll be satisfied that they're distinct characters.

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (The-San-Andreas-man @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 03:10)

Pretty sure his mother was spanish and his dad was black. So he's a bit of both. Correct me if i'm wrong.

both his parents are Dominican. Spanish people are from SPAIN. he means Hispanic. In actuality Hispanic just means you speak spanish as you native language. it has nothing to do with race. Most Latin Americans are from mixed race background (European, African, American Indian, etc..) causing us to have various brown complexions. this is why people tend to group Latinos/Hispanics into our own racial group.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

Luis was boring and not that great of a GTA protagonist. Franklin will be more interesting.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

People are assuming way too much about Franklin from a 2+ minute trailer. Let's at least wait until we get more vids or play the game in 7 months....

PsicopataBrutal
  • PsicopataBrutal

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (Sizeway @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 00:05)
Franklin looks badass. Luis was only a good boy hitting the clubs

Don't worry. Trevor will take care of this nigga. I can already see myself failing a mission several times for killing Franklen or whatever his name is.

PS: I'm not racist, I just don't like Frunklyn. smile.gif

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

I think they're very similar, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. While I'm not fond of Luis even slightly, it's for other more superficial reasons that I dislike him. I.e. He gives sh*t to H and A about being gangsters, when in fact he's just a guy that does the dirty-work for a "higher-class" of criminals so to speak -- which in my opinion is really hypocritical. In many ways, his friends who are stuck in the hood are more honest about who they are than he is, and in a sense that makes them better people.

I think the big difference will be that when Franklin moves up in the world and gets to that "higher-class", he'll know he's still a crook and he won't try to hide it like Luis did.

grandola
  • grandola

Southern Comfort

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (PsicopataBrutal @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 04:10)

Don't worry. Trevor will take care of this nigga. I can already see myself failing a mission several times for killing Franklen or whatever his name is.

Based off a 2+ minute trailer... maybe not racist, but definatly prejudice

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

Franklin is allot different to Luis, Franklin is a guy who doesn't want to stay a small criminal he want to be like Tommy a big criminal with no boss because he is the boss, another Reason he is not like Luis is because he is got a GF while Luis just f*ck any girls he see without knowing her name.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

I didn't really take issue with Luis himself (in fact it was nice to see a protag standing up for himself), but it's hard to get by his stupidity by hanging around with complete and total obnoxious assholes.

Melchior
  • Melchior

Anti-Complacency League, Baby!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 18:12)
it's hard to get by his stupidity by hanging around with complete and total obnoxious assholes.

I liked having Armando and Henrique, hilarity ensued.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 08:14)
QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 18:12)
it's hard to get by his stupidity by hanging around with complete and total obnoxious assholes.

I liked having Armando and Henrique, hilarity ensued.

The amount of times they've got in my crossfire, or fallen off the top off a building as I try to snipe the bad guys from afar. Usually I'd just drop them off in the middle of the gang war & watch them get shot to pieces. Good times, good times.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:57 AM Edited by Gregers08, 09 February 2013 - 10:19 AM.

See where your coming from OP, both are in similar situations however Franklin seems to be more in the transitional period of changing his life while Luis seems to have already made it and has become comfortable being around rich people and living a rich lifestyle.

In terms of their similarities both had a past on the streets until both decide to move away from that life and do a line of work that is somewhat more legitimate Bouncer/Repo man. Both seem like they will have friends still stuck in the past lives they were trying to get away from and keeping in contact with these friends will ultimately lead to both characters temporarily reverting back to their old lives so they can help those friends out drug dealing/gang banging.

One of the more important similarities is that both will find unlikely father figures that will help them to live a more ambitious lifestyle to the point that their old friends will become jealous of the father figure, I can guarantee Lamar will give Michael a hard time the same way Armando and Henrique would constantly talk sh*t about Tony.

In terms of physical similarities I can't really see it, however when we got the first image of the blurry Franklin and Chop artwork the first thing I thought was he looked like a rougher more built version of Luis, but seeing him in-game they don't really look alike.

@S1LV3R_W0LF while I don't think they look alike that wasn't really a good comparison heres something a bit more fair.
user posted image
Franklin Lopez confirmed Jkn

down2buisness
  • down2buisness

R* F

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

This is very cool if you haven't seen it..

Silentype
  • Silentype

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 02:59)
Franklin is still in the ghetto, but he wants to get out. He has ambition and it's sorta evident he wants power. Luis was fine working under Tony.

I don't think and it doesn't seem like he wants power, he just seems to want the riches, other wise he'd try to position himself in a high position in the gang or try to supply drugs(amongst other things.) but at the moment with the info we got it doesn't seem like he's trying to do either.(it actually seems like he's trying to do to the contrary based off of his comments to his compadre in trailer 2.)

On a side note, I don't understand how doing high risk heists are an improvement, in the criminal underworld it has to be 1 of the most risky endeavors with a high percentage of failure.

baboultr
  • baboultr

Grove Street

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (japse123 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 00:17)

user posted image

user posted image

Why do people always seem to think that they are racist just because they are saying stuff like that ?

No jaspe just No..

Silentype
  • Silentype

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:11 PM Edited by Silentype, 09 February 2013 - 01:32 PM.

Ever here the term black behind the ears,(I have a feeling you have.) some of you dominicans,(hell latinos) kill me, get a clue you self hateful motherf*cker.(tu maldita madre.)

P.s. I don't know spanish.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Why the f*ck do people have to go to colour/race?? Some people here are ignorant racist motherf*ckers, no wonder this forum is full of retards. Does it matter about colour, race? Stfu.

japse123
  • japse123

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (baboultr @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 13:04)
QUOTE (japse123 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 00:17)

user posted image

user posted image

Why do people always seem to think that they are racist just because they are saying stuff like that ?

No jaspe just No..

Dont know if you saw my name by mistake, but I was not the one who posted that picture.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (PsicopataBrutal @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 04:10)

Look at this punk ass.

Haters will be haters...

Anyways, Luis isn't similar to Franky, let it go.

(inb4 another noob comes to post about skin color and race)

Rjeev142
  • Rjeev142

Snitches get stitches

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

The reason why Luis doesn't want to be a MAJOR criminal and build a drugs empire is because he's seen all his old friends fall into failure by trying to do the same. That's why Luis is so hesitant about working with Armando and Henrique.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Friday, Feb 8 2013, 23:54)
Oh god, I hope not. I hated that douche.

This.

I guess it's one of the reason why I haven't been very interested in Franklin.

DryJohnson45
  • DryJohnson45

Poet to the dumb

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 00:18)
QUOTE (Sizeway @ Friday, Feb 8 2013, 16:05)

What kind of badass is always wearing a collared button-up shirt over a thermal?

I'm sorry but thats how some black and hispanic people dress over there during the nights but I think It went out of style a while ago over there.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

Rockstar please release some more footage so these dumb f*cks can shut up. Yall havent even heard more then 12 words out of franklins mouth... but yet he is the same as luis.. idiots homie. Second african american protag in gta history

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users