Photo

Skip failed mission?

7 replies to this topic
Apalachicola
  • Apalachicola

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hi. I was just wondering if there is a way to skip failed missions. I'm on "Bleed Out" the one with a brawl followed by a car chase. I've failed it many times, and it the game displays an icon allowing me to replay the mission. (I don't wish to.) However, even if I don't press any buttons at all, Roman calls me and the mission restarts. I'm not interested in tips to complete this mission because I don't enjoy car chases in Rockstar Games and always fail them. L.A. Noire had a skip option, but it seems to be missing from this game. Any help?

Thanks

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • Romania
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

No, you can't skip missions. And since you're not looking for any tips, the only solution would be to ask somebody to pass the mission for you. I could do it, as long as you upload your save here and do wish me to do so.

Apalachicola
  • Apalachicola

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Thanks, but I think it's a game-breaking issue for me. sad.gif

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • Romania
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

I don't really understand what you mean by that, but if you don't wish somebody else to do the mission for you, there's no other way than taking a save file with that mission already passed. Be aware, though, that you won't have the same statistics and achievements as on your save file, they'll either be better or worse. The save game with the "Bleed Out" mission passed is here. If you decide to do this, you'll have to follow the next technique (that, only if you do NOT have already xliveless)

First, you need to install xliveless. Simply put the xlive.dll in the game directory. Now, go to any of these locations, depending on what Operating System you have, and take your the save game from here, since they won't work anymore if they're located here since you have xliveless installed (change the system driver letters accordingly):

Windows XP SP3: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames
Windows Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames
Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

Now, to place the savegames in the proper directory, you can go by one of the following two procedures:
a) Create the following folder structure in the "My Documents" folder manually (Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames)
b) Simply start GTAIV, create a new game from the menu and save the game taking the first opportunity. Now you can look for the folder in "My Documents" and drop any savegames you have there.

Choice is yours, my little friend! icon14.gif

Apalachicola
  • Apalachicola

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:01 PM Edited by Apalachicola, 08 February 2013 - 10:12 PM.

I'm on 360.

Besides, I'm not crazy about the driving in this (or any) Rockstar game. I love their production values, their artistic sensibility, level design, storytelling and voice acting, but they've always fallen short in the gameplay department. Even the horse-riding in Red Dead was pretty awful, IMO. L.A. Noire was great because you could skip driving-based action sequences. Without this feauture, GTAIV is going to be a very tedious game, no matter how much I might enjoy every single other aspect, and I'm sure I would. Rockstar is great at some things.

(Just so you know where I'm coming from, I think Gran Turismo, Forza 4, Horizon, NFS: Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted all had superb driving controls, which run the gamut from simulation to arcade-racer style. There's something about Rockstar's driving engine that just doesn't work for me whether it's a stagecoach or Roman's Taxi.)

Edit: Turns out I own it on Steam too, but I'd forgotten since I got stuck so early in the game. Thanks very much for the offer, but I'm going to pass.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

This vertical line, I watch it go by.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Apalachicola @ Friday, Feb 8 2013, 22:01)
I'm on 360.

Besides, I'm not crazy about the driving in this (or any) Rockstar game. I love their production values, their artistic sensibility, level design, storytelling and voice acting, but they've always fallen short in the gameplay department. Even the horse-riding in Red Dead was pretty awful, IMO. L.A. Noire was great because you could skip driving-based action sequences. Without this feauture, GTAIV is going to be a very tedious game, no matter how much I might enjoy every single other aspect, and I'm sure I would. Rockstar is great at some things.

(Just so you know where I'm coming from, I think Gran Turismo, Forza 4, Horizon, NFS: Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted all had superb driving controls, which run the gamut from simulation to arcade-racer style. There's something about Rockstar's driving engine that just doesn't work for me whether it's a stagecoach or Roman's Taxi.)

Edit: Turns out I own it on Steam too, but I'd forgotten since I got stuck so early in the game. Thanks very much for the offer, but I'm going to pass.

I found this mission tedious the first time I played it too. Although over time I got used to the awkward, boat-like physics the cars have. If you have trouble getting through this mission then you can probably use my tips which are as follows:

When getting to a tight corner, let go of the accelerator and use LT and gently squeeze RT when going around (using the cars momentum to go round them). I found that this makes going round corners much easier.

Also I don't know if this still works but if you get a gun (there are a few lying around the city that you can pick up) and shoot the wheels of Dardan's car then he'll have trouble gaining speed meaning you can easily catch up with him.

Once you beat this mission I recommend driving around Liberty City for a few minutes and get a hand at the driving as there are a few driving missions that are ahead of "Bleed Out" that can get tricky if you don't practise.

Just found this on GTA WIKI:

"Whilst after Dardan, you can take the Crockett Ave and drive straight without needing to follow his car because the road you take leads to BOABO where he'll stop his car. It's far easier than following him that could possibly end you bumping onto walls, objects or scripted traffics, especially for new players."[I]

-Wheatley

Apalachicola
  • Apalachicola

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Thanks. I guess I'll give it some more time after my frustration dissipates. Awkward and boat-like are exactly the way I would describe the driving. I can drift a Lambo around a dirt road at 100mph in other games, but I can't even make a left turn at 30mph in a taxi in GTAIV.

nobbele
  • nobbele

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

give me a save so i can download it please

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users