GTA III Missions Scripts

2 replies to this topic
Brazilian Leone
  • Brazilian Leone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Hello there,

I have some personal projects in progress and to complete them I need some information about the GTA games. I'm collecting information about everything that appears in each mission, secondary mission, challenge, etc. in each game of GTA III onwards (with the exception of GTA Advance and Chinatown Wars) and I wonder if you could help me with this.

Thus, for example, the Triads and Tribulations mission, we have the appearance of Claude (player), which is accompanied by two Leones bodyguards (armed with Micro-SMGs). There is a general chaos in some key points in the city because of the war between the Leone Family and the Liberty City Triads. In the laundry in Chinatown was a Triad Warlord (with body armor, armed with Micro-SMG and has a Triad Fish Van near) and 6 Triads (armed with Pistols). At the fish market we have another Triad Warlord (with body armor, armed with Micro-SMG) and 6 more Triads (armed with Micro-SMG). And so on.

My question is if there is any way I can see how this information appears on every mission in any game file on the PC. For example, through the handling file in the Data folder, I can see the details about each vehicle in the game. Through the weapon file, I can see the details about each gun. But I would like to know if there are files that allow me to know about each mission of the game, each character (important or not) that appears in with every weapon he carries, each vehicle that spawns and each event occurring.

Thank you.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

I think you can find what you're looking for in the game's main.scm.

You can use GTA3 Mission Builder to open/edit the file's contents. Also this article could help you with understanding the format a bit.

Brazilian Leone
  • Brazilian Leone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Man, very nice! That was all I was looking for! Thank you very much!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users