Quantcast

» «
Photo

if you play gtaiv on pc

6 replies to this topic

Poll: did you pay for your pc copy of gtaiv? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

did you pay for your pc copy of gtaiv?

1. yes i paid for my copy (18 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

2. no i didn't pay for mine (4 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote
grandthefthoughto
  • grandthefthoughto

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

i watched the latest episode of gta 5 o'clock (from cvg) the other day and they claimed that gtaiv sold 10 million units on xbox360, 9 1/2 million on ps3 and only 700 thousand copies on pc, implying that it may not be worth the costs to develop gtav for pc.

and since there seems to be quite a large and vocal pc crowd my question is:

did you pay for your copy of gtaiv?
as i find it hard to believe there are only 700,000 people playing on pc.

grandthefthoughto
  • grandthefthoughto

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

no thoughts on this guys?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

...well technically it would be illegal not to pay for it so I doubt people would answer back saying they haven't but 700,000 is a lot. Of course nowhere near the amounts of consoles but you have to take into consideration that consoles have a much larger fanbase

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

No wonder why. Most of people had to waste their money to buy the game and a console to play it. So when 9 months later the PC version came out most of players already had the game. Those who bought it on console before might not want to pay for the same thing twice only becouse cockstars delayed the PC version so much only to raise up consoles sales. Also 700 000 copies are most likely outdated info not including copies sold on Steam. It probably also doesnt say anything about EFLC/DLC sales. I think this amount must be at least twice bigger now.

You do realise that if PC version would be released at the same time as consoles it would probably sale more copies than X360 version and only less than PS3

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Friday, Feb 8 2013, 17:47)
No wonder why. Most of people had to waste their money to buy the game and a console to play it. So when 9 months later the PC version came out most of players already had the game. Those who bought it on console before might not want to pay for the same thing twice only becouse cockstars delayed the PC version so much only to raise up consoles sales. Also 700 000 copies are most likely outdated info not including copies sold on Steam. It probably also doesnt say anything about EFLC/DLC sales. I think this amount must be at least twice bigger now.

You do realise that if PC version would be released at the same time as consoles it would probably sale more copies than X360 version and only less than PS3

gta iv PC version sale 7,060,000 copies - 4/4/2013

DimeADozen
  • DimeADozen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

Most publishers don't factor in digital sales into their figures, not just Steam but also any other site like GMG or Gamefly. It's stupid because it's by far taken over boxed sales in terms of being the dominant distribution method for PC. You can't even get new boxed PC games in most of the game stores in my town anymore.

I've bought GTAIV twice on PC now, once from Gamefly and another time on Steam when it was part of a discount bundle with EfLC. I guarantee that way more than 700,000 people have bought it.

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

Got it from my friend. lol.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users