Photo

An Occasional Dream

3 replies to this topic
Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Velvet Underground’s heroin was drowsing away during my midnight creep of laughter and cold beer. I was sitting there peacefully in my room and then suddenly the door of the terrace flew open and three people I have never met or seen in my life came walking through it; lighting their cigarettes, and talking to each other in the calmest manner as if nothing strange had happened or was going to happen.
Two of them were tall, large middle-aged men. The other was a woman – whose age I couldn’t predict easily, but she looked as stale as a dead pancake confided to the mandatory morning feast – that lied down next to me on the bed smoking her cigarette and completely ignoring me.
The two men sat down on the floor and merrily continued with their conversation regarding some boring trivialities that I forgot about.
I was baffled and lost somewhere in shock so I took another sip from my beer before trying to find and follow the bread crumbs leading to the sun of my mouth:
‘’What the sh*t is this?’’ I said, looking at the three dreamlike strangers.
They threw a mild gaze at me as if they didn’t understand what I was asking and then proceeded to smoke and talk the exact same way they were doing so far without a care in the world. Nothing seemed to matter to them except life’s continuation of rampant boredom. I didn’t know if these people had the largest or smallest balls in the world and the odd stench I had never experienced before made me weary and afraid of actually knowing so I just sat there in silence, drinking my beer, smoking my own cigarettes, staring at them and listening to them as if I were watching the greatest act, charade, play and film the universe had ever seen.
Then when I had finished my cigarette and almost fell into a maddening vertigo of confusing chaos, the woman stretched her hand towards me and I saw a cigarette stuck in the spider-web that were her fingers and, naturally, I took it and put it in my mouth. I reached for my lighter to light it but she slammed the lighter out of my hands and enveloped herself around my shoulders, tossing her arms over me and having a lighter of her own she lit it for me and then gently kissed me on the cheek. I noticed that the two men were still busy talking with each other, not paying any mind to what I or the woman were doing.
She sweetly put her head against mine and I felt her long dark hair across my face like an afternoon breeze. I lightly grabbed her by her chin and moved it up towards mine and gave her the softest kiss on her lips; she seemed so beautiful and young now, blossoming even in the frozen grip of death.
I still didn’t know what was going on exactly but by this point I felt entirely pacified and secure, free of restrictions so I glided along the tides of the masquerade and held her tight in my arms as I was kissing her and stroking the uplifting hardness of her back.
I could feel the tenderness of her tongue dancing upon mine; the greatest dance of mortality there was; vanquishing the sorrow of your nostrils; erupting the subterranean flame hidden away in dreary gardens and moonlight tombs.
Then, as sudden as the blink of a mournful eye, she disappeared from my arms and from my lips and I held and felt nothing. All I saw and heard before me, as I sat there in the shadow of a fool, were the two men still exchanging words betwixt themselves and chewing on the same eternal cigarette that would not go out.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

By all means, don't be shy or afraid to call this goddamn terrible if you wish!

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Funky Jazz

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

I don't think its awful at all.
It's very special, and dream like, i enjoyed reading it smile.gif

Now, i'm actually awful at giving tips. The only tip i can give is, leave some space in the middle orso,
the text looks very chaotic and heavy without it, having a bit of space makes it a lot more enjoyable smile.gif

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (DestaliusDark @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 01:06)
I don't think its awful at all.
It's very special, and dream like, i enjoyed reading it smile.gif

Now, i'm actually awful at giving tips. The only tip i can give is, leave some space in the middle orso,
the text looks very chaotic and heavy without it, having a bit of space makes it a lot more enjoyable smile.gif

I actually space it a lot but GTAForums' layout sort of demolishes that

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users