[IDEA] Delete your own thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic
corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Okay, I may be alone on this, but I think it would be great if you could delete your own threads, like for quick questions and stuff, and it would keep the forums a bit cleaner.

Also, the ability to move your own thread would be good too, could also keep some work off the moderators.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

dat was mad tekkers bruh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

If only you could move this thread here. tounge.gif

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

http://www.gtaforums...php?showforum=7

Site Suggestion Section.

Beaten to it by the so called LazyBoy, doesn't seem too lazy to me.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

That's the worst idea I've ever heard.

user posted image

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

That feature could be abused.
That's all I have to say.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

How about you just post in the proper topic or section in the first place? That would work too, wouldn't it?

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

I agree. Also I never understood why we couldn't rename our own threads, it's sometimes annoying when you have to wait for a mod or area mod to do it.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 23:29)
How about you just post in the proper topic or section in the first place? That would work too, wouldn't it?

And create a worthwhile topic in the first place.

gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Thursday, Feb 7 2013, 07:38)
I agree. Also I never understood why we couldn't rename our own threads, it's sometimes annoying when you have to wait for a mod or area mod to do it.

Because they want complete and utter control. It's like a North Korea up in this place

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Thursday, Feb 7 2013, 10:38)

Forum soft ware is really broken because of some incident ages back, it's pretty unstable. V 2 might have those features though.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 23:44)

Well,

A: I don't visit here often, so I didn't see the Suggestion thread. My apologies.

B: If you don't like it, don't read it, I really don't see why so many people get so upset on here over stupid stuff. And if you don't think it's a "worthwhile topic" then why did you even bother to read it? Just an idea, as the title says.

C: Not a bad idea, and this is proof, I could have moved it myself, but no, either a mod has to lock it or move it.

D: I think the pro's outweigh the con's on this idea, I don't see how it is stupid for the forums to be a bit cleaner and give the users more control over their topics, you could always require the member to have a certain amount of posts or be a long term member to use it.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (corvettelover @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 19:15)

Well,

A: I don't visit here often, so I didn't see the Suggestion thread. My apologies.

B: If you don't like it, don't read it, I really don't see why so many people get so upset on here over stupid stuff. And if you don't think it's a "worthwhile topic" then why did you even bother to read it? Just an idea, as the title says.

C: Not a bad idea, and this is proof, I could have moved it myself, but no, either a mod has to lock it or move it.

D: I think the pro's outweigh the con's on this idea, I don't see how it is stupid for the forums to be a bit cleaner and give the users more control over their topics, you could always require the member to have a certain amount of posts or be a long term member to use it.

I meant as opposed to having the forum features you suggested, Mr Sensitive.

Sheesh.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

It isn't that bad of an idea, but I don't think it would work around here. It would kind of promote every youngster here to create his/her own topic about how their parents suck, or how school sucks, or how do I get rid of zits. The entire first page of GenChat would just be selfish, attention seeking threads.

Maybe a V2 possibility after more controls are built in.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Thursday, Feb 7 2013, 01:30)
QUOTE (corvettelover @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 19:15)

Well,

I meant as opposed to having the forum features you suggested, Mr Sensitive.

Sheesh.

Um, I don't see how that was sensitive, it's an internet forum, a bit weird to get upset over don't you think?.

And that was not all directed at you, seeing as you didn't say anything about most of the stuff I said in the quote.

And it could work if there was a membership time requirement and/or a post requirement. Or you could always have it be on approval judged by some of your posts, but that would require alot of man power on the part of the mods.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Resident Ginger

• Canada

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

All being able to delete your posts would do is encourage people to troll and post spam. Assuming you put thought and effort into your posts, there really shouldn't be any reason as to why they would need to be deleted.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (corvettelover @ Thursday, Feb 7 2013, 01:15)

Well,

I wasn't being specific to this topic.
If you have a small question, then there is more than likely an appropriate place to put it already.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:05 AM Edited by corvettelover, 07 February 2013 - 02:09 AM.

QUOTE (Ryan @ Thursday, Feb 7 2013, 01:58)
All being able to delete your posts would do is encourage people to troll and post spam. Assuming you put thought and effort into your posts, there really shouldn't be any reason as to why they would need to be deleted.

Well, it seems there is an fair amount of people who don't put any thought into their posts.

And it would actually be great for quick questions and such, but yeah, I guess there is alot of different things that would have to be thought of before doing this, and I guess it could -possibly- cause more harm then good.

I do find it ironic that a mod had to move this thread about moving your own threads and deleting them.

QUOTE (Chukkles)
I wasn't being specific to this topic.
If you have a small question, then there is more than likely an appropriate place to put it already.

Sorry, I misread both yours and Voodoo's comments, and I was speaking more in general to all then directly at you two, guess I should have watched how I quoted.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Thursday, Feb 7 2013, 07:28)

Indeed.

What you're suggesting is what we have forum leaders for. Even if a forum is un-moderated, any report is generally attended to within 24 hours. If you want a topic locked/moved, hit the report button.

No point discussing this further because it's never going to happen for obvious reasons mentioned above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users