» «
Photo

mod_rewrite questions

No replies to this topic
Edmachine
  • Edmachine

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:08 PM Edited by Edmachine, 10 February 2013 - 11:10 PM.

Hello.

So, I'm developing a website for my school (a virtual museum). No, it's not a homework task. Of course, I'd like 'fancy' links and all. But I'm having trouble even understanding mod_rewrite. Or rather the regexp part of it. Can someone help me figure out what the best structure would be?

In the end, I'd like it to look like http://domain.com/mu...e1/page2/page3/ and so forth. museum/ would be the main page/index, but page1-3 would be optional. I don't know how to regexp it. Also, I tried some stuff I found online, but it broke my CSS and images, I need to use absolute paths, I guess. Basically, if someone could write the RewriteRule for me and explain everything simply, yet detailed, I'd be forever in your debt.

Would also love it someone could direct me to an amazing regexp tutorial, I really should learn that stuff.

CODE
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(\w+)/$ index.php?page=$1
RewriteRule ^(\w+)/([A-Za-z0-9-_]+)/$ index.php?page=$1&subpage=$2 [L]

Side question: Notepad++ doesn't enter Latvian characters (ā, ē, , etc.) correctly, even though the encoding is set to UTF-8 (without BOM), it doesn't work. I can paste them in or edit them from another editor, but not enter them from N++. What's up with that, yo?
Updated to Notepad++ v6.3

Thanks in advance!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users