• None

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

We're roleplaying in LC, not NY.

Belgium bagel
  • Belgium bagel

[TSA] Remnant

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Well i had things to do but glad to hear the turnout was better than yesterdays beta.Keep us posted on upcoming games!

BackWoods
  • BackWoods

SoF - General

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (MIDEVL @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 23:03)
QUOTE (Officer Will Troll @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 20:50)
QUOTE (SkullyzBoy1 @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 15:09)
QUOTE (Officer Will Troll @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 19:26)
As for the AK/Uzi sh*t. You guys do know they can be legally obtained IRL? I know many people who have multiple AK's legally.

Either way boys, if you don't like something, you don't have to play.

Automatic? I somewhat doubt it. Either way they are auto and they should be illegal. People will just abuse a "semi"- auto shot one.

EDIT: I put somewhat because the auto ones are highly regulated so...

You do know TSA Leader openly owns an AK without any hassle?

People need to stop assuming the AK is a "Terrorist" or "Illegal" weapon. You can obtain them IRL legally pretty easily.

Not necassarily, in real NY, automatics are illegal.

they do have semi ak 47s

MIDEVL
  • MIDEVL

BCF Caporegime

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (Officer Will Troll @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 23:10)
We're roleplaying in LC, not NY.

Fine, in LC, all unlicensed guns are banned.

There, happy? f*cking skeptic.

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Yeah, he's mad. Very mad.

Anyway, I think part of the issue was the PD was too unorganized. We had people yelling over each other, the modder basically had the ability to stop a chase immediately. Nobody updated, nobody called locations, nobody explained situations. People on PD need to understand, you WILL die if you don't say anything. You cant focus too hard on the subject to the point you don't say anything. Realisticly, in a chase, I should be hearing the person chasing update with a new location every 5-10 seconds. We went at times 45+ seconds of no communication. Thats how people get lost. The PD needs organization, and less people as PD who don't go through some sort of training or something to understand how to act.

On the civi side, the main issue is that theres nothing for civs to do. They cant do anything and the majority of them are friends or at least neutral with each other. So their only option is to f*ck with cops. There needs to be things for civis to do with other civis, so they keep active and the police doesn't bud into everyones business just because they saw the orange dot.

SkullyzBoy1
  • SkullyzBoy1

I <3 Tacoz

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (BackWoods @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 23:24)
QUOTE (MIDEVL @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 23:03)
QUOTE (Officer Will Troll @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 20:50)
QUOTE (SkullyzBoy1 @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 15:09)
QUOTE (Officer Will Troll @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 19:26)
As for the AK/Uzi sh*t. You guys do know they can be legally obtained IRL? I know many people who have multiple AK's legally.

Either way boys, if you don't like something, you don't have to play.

Automatic? I somewhat doubt it. Either way they are auto and they should be illegal. People will just abuse a "semi"- auto shot one.

EDIT: I put somewhat because the auto ones are highly regulated so...

You do know TSA Leader openly owns an AK without any hassle?

People need to stop assuming the AK is a "Terrorist" or "Illegal" weapon. You can obtain them IRL legally pretty easily.

Not necassarily, in real NY, automatics are illegal.

they do have semi ak 47s

No! What I meant is in the RP if someone obtains a "semi" auto AK they are just gonna hold the trigger. Not tap. I know that you can acquire them legally in real life. By all means I love shooting guns it's just going to be abused in the game.

SRB
  • SRB

Riding the highway to nowhere.

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

See if somebody owned the russian club for instance, then they could hold fights, or karaoke nights, or have a comedian act or a car auction and civilians could go there. Or if somebody owned a maverick they could take people on tours, or if anybody bar tended the Irish pub in Steinway people could hangout there. The problem is nobody has the money to be able to do anything like that. Not yet.

What needs to happen now is people need to take out loans big enough to buy themselves a cheap car, and a small time business, or something that can forward the role play. Then spend their next games paying back what they owe, and letting civis have something to do while playing.

It creates jobs, and creates things civilians can do for jobs. But, the loan should be in regulation. Can't borrow 250,000 dollars so you can go buy a super gt and a strip club. No, start with small loans, and small businesses.

Also, I don't think the civilians f*cked with the police as much as the police f*cked with the civilians.

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

@SRB - Nah. The civs def f*cked with police, but its because there is no other options, theres nothing for them to do because nobody has anything.

SRB
  • SRB

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Every now and again a civilian would slightly provoke a cop. But nothing extreme. I got pulled over for no reason at all and accused of speeding while bar tending in the platypus. After, I received a 150 dollar ticket for running a red light(which 3 more police cars showed up for. After I pulled away from the traffic stop, I was immediately pulled over and two more cops came as back up to give me yet another red light ticket for the same amount.

Also, ask artfull, or jay, or danny or anyone else that was a civilian. To us, it looked like you guys had nothing to do. Most of the time civilians were accused of "Matching identity" to a criminal. I think that happened to me derek, jay and danny.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It wasn't bad in the beginning, people got alittle loopy with faggios but that was the only real problem. Other than that, the only problems came when the modder would take over peoples cars, flatten their tires, taze them, and or the police would just plain shoot people on sight.

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

I did state, multiple times, if you're caught resisting and we give you 3 orders, and you ignore all of them, we will shoot.

Not to mention, the majority of times we shot at a criminal, they had a gun in their hand.

SRB
  • SRB

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

Only towards the end of the game did any civilian have any guns. Which was after most people were fed up with police brutality. Even then nobody did anything until it really did get out of hand. I didn't want to do anything until it happened to me, artfull didn't until it happened to him and same with Danny and derek.

---------------------------------------------------

We need to find ways to get civilians more involved in their jobs or doing things in the town. otherwise, most people just drive around or sit in random places. I say we find a way to incorporate drugs, arms dealing, small businesses and transportation and things will get moving.

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

I like how you're directly lying. For at least half of that game, people were carrying guns. Everything from handguns, to ak's, to even hand grenades. The civilians cant complain about RP if they're the ones not doing it.

For literally half of the time, I would hear a call and each call would start even something as simple as a traffic stop and end up as an assault. Hell, even the civs killed Troll Nyan as soon as I left the area. I was less than a block away.

SRB
  • SRB

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

Troll was accidentally killed. By no means was that on purpose. Also, you say you like how I'm directly lying? How can you tell me I'm lying? Can't I just say your lying? I was hoping to just defend the other half of the game. I didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings. sigh.gif

-------------------------------------------

Civilians see the game one way and the police see it the other. Just because you don't see it that way doesn't mean it isn't true.

SkullyzBoy1
  • SkullyzBoy1

I <3 Tacoz

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

We need to incorporate CPU's in the games or else it is just going to be boring. Let's say your a Cluckin Bell worker, and you just kinda RP a CPU that is buying a meal and have some fun. Also the Blista Compact or Futo should be your free car.
Faggio is optional.

---------------------
Also the drug dealing system needs to be incorporated fast. Also players can start gangs or mafias even. Start off small in Bohan. End up big in Algonquin.

lamboto
  • lamboto

Hungry Chicken

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

That would have been better beside the fact I couldn't sell properties or give loans because it was beta.
Everyone needs to fill out an IC form so I can keep track of everything.

I was going to just sell Rambo some drugs and he would spread it throughout the city.
Then supply him from the docks and the rest is up to everyone else.

SRB
  • SRB

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

A futo or blista compact are fast cars. both cars handle very good, and are quick. Despite price, I'd say people need slow, below average sedans if anything. but then again, who knows when and if they'll even spawn.

Rambo21k
  • Rambo21k

Never forget.

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (lamboto @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 20:58)
I was going to just sell Rambo some drugs and he would spread it throughout the city.
Then supply him from the docks and the rest is up to everyone else.

Yea, I like that idea very much. Sell drugs and shouting terroristic threats from my taxi.

And correct me if Im wrong, but i believe artfull is the arms dealer.

And about the IC sheets and stuff, I would say ask jungle, because he had a pretty nice system on how to deal with it, he might be able to give you some pointers.

lamboto
  • lamboto

Hungry Chicken

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

I'm trying to get him to marry Pazzo on samp and he believed I was Toke, then Ezio, then me.

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

@SRB - There was alot of gunplay with civis. Which, is understandable. I think the loans and making things count for the next one would help. That way, as some of you said before, if you guys got ahold of the Russian Cabaret or so, it could allow new RP's to be created. Less guns, more RP. I will admit, part of the issue didn't always involve guns, sometimes people would flee in chases, like instantly. Killing the pull-over RP. Most of the time they were driving cars they cant, which it suprises me that Joe Blow workers would just up and steal a car? Faggios are given so that you can still get around besides walking.

On the opposing side, the PD needs an ass-kicking. Part of the problem was yesterday, we had like 6 cops, and only 3 of them were registered to be cops. As it stands, there is no difficult way into the PD. I think getting into the PD should be a matter of applying for it, and if acceptable being trained IG. As many of the cops may or may not of had RP police experience. But even if we all did, we all came from different backgrounds, which made it more difficult. In between class and free time, I'm going to develop a "trainer" side of the PD, something so everyone knows what to do and when to do it. For example, not stalking people just because they have an orange blimp. Police Patrol is generally boring.

I think next time, we should do somewhere different than dukes/broker. If we have a lower # of people, we should just do Bohan. Otherwise, maybe Alderny or something.

Eventually, if people stop picking up guns without realisticly obtaining them and factions start to create, it may justify more of the gun violence, and provide a less Civ vs Cop enviroment, but a 3-way. Theres alot that can evolve, but part of the problem is nobody is actually gaining anything from these "Beta Tests", which are just causing arguments in the end as it is.

lamboto
  • lamboto

Hungry Chicken

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

The reason we do Dukes/Broker is because it has a low class feel to it but I think Alderney would be good.

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Dukes/Broker is blah. Its a large map for only a handful of people.

lamboto
  • lamboto

Hungry Chicken

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

I will admit I was one of the people who wanted to do Dukes/Broker.
But that doesn't seem to work.

MERCYOVTHEDEVIL
  • MERCYOVTHEDEVIL

Makaveli Trained

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

My opinion, is do algonquin (north) like from Holland to Northwood. It's a good area, with interiors, pay n spray, Fire Department, LCPD, etc.. You shoould block off everything that goes South of Middle Park and the bridge to Bohan by modders and kick anyone who violates the area limit. That should do good for Beta Tests where everyone is just slipping into this.. In the official games, you should be more experienced and ready for Bohan.

My 69 Yen..

Rambo21k
  • Rambo21k

Never forget.

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

I think Dukes/ Broker is fine, because it allows the oppurtunity to Rp most of the jobs, the main reason it didn't work was because we had way too many cops.

And to the idea of Northern algonquin, NO, JUST NO. there are barely any businesses there, and we aren't all from the hood.

Bohan- it seems almost too small

SRB
  • SRB

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

I think bohan would satisfy. Algonquin gives too many opportunities to run away from people and maybe too ghetto. Alderney is good if we did from alderney through the industrial area. That way you have docks, slums, townhouses, rich neighborhoods and a small city. But, like Dukes broker, it's still a big space to cover. Bohan is good because it has a lot of interiors, a lot of alleyways, factories, boat docks, clubs and restaurants. It also has garages, and is the smallest place, making it the easiest place for police to be able to control. Also, it is definitely a lower class living there, where imigrants would very likely end up.

I say we try alderney. We c ould rp coming off the octopus and live out our lives in alderney for a game or two. If that doesn't work we can try bohan.

o Mr Punchy o
  • o Mr Punchy o

British Legionnaire Air Commodore, leader of the Air Corp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

SRB I think your idea of coming of the octopus is a great idea but the difference between the platypus is were are they going to live when they have no purchased property at least the platypus has bunks. on the other hand your idea would work quite well
also when are the role-plays I've submitted an application and it has been completely ignored!

lamboto
  • lamboto

Hungry Chicken

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

So maybe your house doesn't have an interior, so what?

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

I mean, I've personally done Bohan for TD which seems to work decent. I suppose, it doesn't really matter all that much about what island, but to centralize. For example if we do broker/dukes, it should be the entire island, but most of the RP should be focused on the southern side where the majority of jobs/buildings are. When we do full island full time with 10 dudes, theres alot of not seeing anyone and checking facebook and stuff rather than RPing.

BackWoods
  • BackWoods

SoF - General

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Officer Will Troll @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 23:33)
Yeah, he's mad. Very mad.

Anyway, I think part of the issue was the PD was too unorganized. We had people yelling over each other, the modder basically had the ability to stop a chase immediately. Nobody updated, nobody called locations, nobody explained situations. People on PD need to understand, you WILL die if you don't say anything. You cant focus too hard on the subject to the point you don't say anything. Realisticly, in a chase, I should be hearing the person chasing update with a new location every 5-10 seconds. We went at times 45+ seconds of no communication. Thats how people get lost. The PD needs organization, and less people as PD who don't go through some sort of training or something to understand how to act.

On the civi side, the main issue is that theres nothing for civs to do. They cant do anything and the majority of them are friends or at least neutral with each other. So their only option is to f*ck with cops. There needs to be things for civis to do with other civis, so they keep active and the police doesn't bud into everyones business just because they saw the orange dot.

this is a late response but yes the modders ability was abused indefinetly being that he could just yell spike strip and take over a persons car.

I do realize the police were just trying to do their jobs but they went too far too fast.

I admit that i may have crossed a line aswell but my thought process was that i was stealing cars and being a realistic criminal. My apologies if i disrupted the roleplay in anyway.

All that being said i do agree that i contributed to the chaos and disorganization of the last roleplay but that was only after being unlawfully harrased by police and noticing that the police somehow seemed to know automatically that i was not supposed to have the vehicles i was driving.

ACE LethalKillz
  • ACE LethalKillz

The Chicken is burning!

• Members

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hey Ezio, the "beta" rp was pretty chill the otherday. When will we have real roleplays? and will it just be with TUR?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users