The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

253 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well, on the event they ran it on i7 + 980s on high preset as Ultra wasnt available. Still they only had around 30 fps with drops. Also it was said that apparently the recommended settings will let you hit 30 fps.

Besides that, the new gameplays from yesterday dont look that great if you compare it to earlier footage. I watched the 30mbps version (3GB download) and you have tons of pop in and aliasing. I see why they pushed it back twice. Still the performance seems really bad on PC. I can only assume that they put all the work in optimizing the console versions. I meannif a 980 cant hold 30 fps... the consoles would melt.
  • utack likes this

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well, on the event they ran it on i7 + 980s on high preset as Ultra wasnt available. Still they only had around 30 fps with drops. Also it was said that apparently the recommended settings will let you hit 30 fps.

Besides that, the new gameplays from yesterday dont look that great if you compare it to earlier footage. I watched the 30mbps version (3GB download) and you have tons of pop in and aliasing. I see why they pushed it back twice. Still the performance seems really bad on PC. I can only assume that they put all the work in optimizing the console versions. I meannif a 980 cant hold 30 fps... the consoles would melt.

There also seems a lot of terrible framerate anf bug problems during the latest hands-on previews. Especially tbe framerate is a mess. Good thing they pushed it back.

utack
  • utack

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by utack, 4 weeks ago.

This just in:

i7 3770k and GTX 770 is requirement for 30fps.

Are you f**king kidding me, the game does not even look that good!

LOD switches and popping, vegetation is nothing special.

I hate all these conspiracies but: next Nvidia gameworks messed up game. (it is true, every single game using it so far turned out to perform like sh*t)

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

This just in from where? Your ass?

Post a link to the source before ranting.  

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

I already posted that too just a few above.

It was said on reddit and the PC Performance on the event just confirm it...

i7 and a 980 on high (no ultra settings were available there) with around 30FPS and dips...

They have around 4 months to optimize although I doubt that it will get better since they pushed it back twice already. And yes the game has tons if pop ins and aliasing. Graphics look good but not as good that it would justify such a performance...

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah I read your post, but still no link so that I can read it for myself.

If it is true then I'd say that's a sign of little to no optimization. If an i7 and 980 struggle with 30 fps on high settings, what's the console versions at? Low? Medium?

Either way I'm very intrigued to see how it runs on my computer when it's out.

utack
  • utack

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by utack, 4 weeks ago.

This just in from where? Your ass?

Post a link to the source before ranting.  

http://www.pcgamesha...30-Fps-1149178/

Source is German. I would of course have posted it right away, if it were of any use to most people here.

And here is the original source, in Polish:

http://www.gry-onlin...p?ID=1132&STR=4

The latest gameplay video really did not look good enough to justify it, next broken PC game incoming!

I mean it is a last generation highest end CPU and high end GPU, for 30fps with that graphics. :sui:

@iNero: Sorry for the re-post of your content, I agree on both of your points.

• Dutch Psycho likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Thanks for the links.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Goddamn Consoles. :angry:
I really got a bad feeling about the game now, not so much regarding the optimisation as the overall performance still looks far from finished, but rather than streamlining other aspects of the gameplay in favor of consoles. :(

utack
  • utack

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

This was just on the 9gag top page:

a8YLr51_700b.jpg

I mean really, for this?

Spoiler

ARC8_1982
  • ARC8_1982

Thug

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ARC8_1982, 4 weeks ago.

So, i heard the game is very, very demanding, sure it looks beautiful and all, but they probably failed at optimization, and the game is going to take the crown from AC:U as the most fu**ed up port. Looks like there's possibility it will struggle heavily even on latest hardware LOL. Will the industry ever learn, not just single developer but all of them ? PC gamers deserves more than crappy ports that barely works even on good (beefy) rigs

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Stormingz, 4 weeks ago.

I'm glad I'm one of those people that don't really care about graphics, because a lot of people seem to be crying these days because of poor graphics or optimization.

Game looks great nonetheless, looking forward to getting my hands in this.

quxxo
  • quxxo

Daddy's back you bitches!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

http://www.gry-onlin...p?ID=1132&STR=3interview with Adam Badowski. Use google translate

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

http://www.gry-onlin...p?ID=1132&STR=3interview with Adam Badowski. Use google translate

"On platforms where there is less memory otherwise manage it. Load less complex models, it all depends on what is happening on the screen at any given time. In summary, there is little difference between the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, rather than solve some errors reconfigure."

Well there's that. Add into the statement about the recommended specs being for 30 fps and I'd say this will compete with ACU, GTA IV, and SR2 for worst optimized game ever unless they can sort it out by May. 

• utack likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users