The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

204 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:05 AM

Anyone getting the collector's edition? Not sure how much money it is. Also, never was really a fan of a statue being the main selling point of a collector's edition. Don't get why people like them. You put it in your room and it just stands there. I'd rather take in-game bonuses.

Anyway, could this game become the greatest RPG of all time? Should I play the first two Witcher games before getting this?

Saying "greatest of all time" before something has proofed itself doesnt work imo. You should at least play TW2 although you dont need to for TW2 since they explain the story again.

The CE is 140 $ for PC afaik. I pre ordered it for 140 but the price could always drop a bit till release. Im not a fan of special editions or statues and so on either, but this game looks so awesome and it SEEMS like CDPR is doing alot things better than other developers.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:07 AM

Anyone getting the collector's edition? Not sure how much money it is. Also, never was really a fan of a statue being the main selling point of a collector's edition. Don't get why people like them. You put it in your room and it just stands there. I'd rather take in-game bonuses.

Anyway, could this game become the greatest RPG of all time? Should I play the first two Witcher games before getting this?

Saying "greatest of all time" before something has proofed itself doesnt work imo. You should at least play TW2 although you dont need to for TW2 since they explain the story again.

The CE is 140 $ for PC afaik. I pre ordered it for 140 but the price could always drop a bit till release. Im not a fan of special editions or statues and so on either, but this game looks so awesome and it SEEMS like CDPR is doing alot things better than other developers.

This game and Kingdom Come: Deliverance both coming out in 2015. Two awesome RPG's. Any other RPG's coming out this year or next year that look promising?

GTA DUDE05
  • GTA DUDE05

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:21 AM

The Witcher 3 Coming February 24, 'The Sword of Destiny' Trailer..

sbug4y.jpg

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Release date set, new trailer and pre-orders launched!

CD Projekt RED, the creators of the critically acclaimed Witcher series of games, are thrilled to announce the content of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Collector’s Edition, reveal details about pre-orders, and launch a new trailer, full of epic in-game footage showing previously-unseen game features.

With the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, CD Projekt RED continues its tradition of giving gamers more. Wild Hunt will be available in two physical, content-rich editions, and as a digital edition, on GOG.com.

Dedicated to gamers who want more from physical box editions of games than just the disc and the manual, containing premium items prepared by the developers, this edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the definitive answer for those gamers who want to enter the Witcher universe with style.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt standard box contents

• A Blu-ray Disc with the game (DVDs on PC)
• An exclusive CD with the official soundtrack
• The official, developer-created "Witcher Universe - The Compendium"
• A beautiful, detailed map of the in-game world
• A set of unique stickers
• A stylish, protective sleeve

hss4fd.jpg

The Wild Hunt Collector’s Edition brings Witcher fans the fruit of our hard work and passion--what we think is the most artistically complete game figure ever made for a collector’s edition of a game. Forged of supreme-quality materials and containing exclusive content straight from the developers, The Witcher 3 Collector’s Edition is every Witcher fan’s dream come true.

“Behold, the Collector’s Edition of The Witcher--over two kilograms of the most badass monster slayer, ready to bring your desktop figure collection to a whole new level,” said Adam Badowski, Head of Studio, CD PROJEKT RED.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Collector’s Edition box contents

• All the contents from the standard edition of the game
• A giant, 33x24x26 cm (10”), 100% hand painted, Polystone figure of Geralt of Rivia battling a Griffin
• An exquisite, collector-grade Witcher medallion
• A one-of-a-kind SteelBook™ box
• A two-hundred-page artbook, containing breathtaking art from the game
• Huge outer and inner Collector’s Boxes you can store your Witcher merchandise in!
2jbn0at.jpg

The release date of the game is set for the 24th of February, 2015. The game will be available in the following languages: English, Polish, German, French, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese and Japanese (full voiceover); Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Czech, Hungarian, Latin America Spanish, Korean (subtitles).

To whet your appetite, the studio has released a brand new trailer for the game, containing never-before-published gameplay and features.

The Witcher 3 "The Sword of Destiny Trailer"

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:32 AM

I really f*cking hate that I have to wait another year....

but this game looks f*cking great.

• Raavi likes this

R* E
  • R* E

Emmi

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:34 AM

Sorry I'm a newcomer when it comes to RPG stuff and The Witcher (yeah you can blame me for that if you want) but will this be 3rd person or 1st person, HOPEFULLY 3rd person - otherwise I'm gonna skip this.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

I Have A Beard

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:35 AM

Sorry I'm a newcomer when it comes to RPG stuff and The Witcher (yeah you can blame me for that if you want) but will this be 3rd person or 1st person, HOPEFULLY 3rd person - otherwise I'm gonna skip this.

Third person.

Enjoyed TW2 but always felt like it was touching on greatness but coming up short. Definitely looking forward to this.

R* E
  • R* E

Emmi

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:37 AM Edited by R* E, 06 June 2014 - 05:37 AM.

What else is there to add? Maybe one thing

Spoiler

• gta_aus and Insert-Coin-To-Continue like this

gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:34 AM

So I saw the trailer for this and it looks amazing! But should I play the first 2?

R* E
  • R* E

Emmi

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:49 AM

^ Yes I think I have to do that too in order to fully understand the story, characters, etc. It's a trilogy and so it makes common sense that it's indeed better to have played the first two games. I'll do that soon, very soon.

• gta_aus likes this

gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:32 PM Edited by gta_aus, 06 June 2014 - 12:32 PM.

^^ahh, I don't have a gaming pc or Xbox, damn!

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

^^ahh, I don't have. Gaming pc or Xbox, damn!

The second game doesn't take a powerful PC to run...it's still only DX9 and will work fine on a dual core CPU and even an ancient 8800GT.

The first one is only available on PC.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

Is it an Action RPG (Bioshock) or is it just an RPG (Final Fantasy) well old school FF. Haven't played one of those in ten plus years. Not sure if they ever changed the FF series to more of an action style or not.

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

CDPR are one of the few devs who realize that if you want to make money in the game industry you have to treat you're fans with real respect and not like ATM machines. 

gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

^^ahh, I don't have. Gaming pc or Xbox, damn!

The second game doesn't take a powerful PC to run...it's still only DX9 and will work fine on a dual core CPU and even an ancient 8800GT.
The first one is only available on PC.
Awesome I might give them both a shot on pc, my pc is actually good, the only thing that holds me back is my stock video card...Intel HD Graphics card I think it's called.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

I bought TW1 on Steam recently for 1,49€ since it was on sale.

Completed TW2 on Xbox 360 already.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

Awesome I might give them both a shot on pc, my pc is actually good, the only thing that holds me back is my stock video card...Intel HD Graphics card I think it's called.

Yikes, Not sure if you'll be able to run TW2 well on that. 

I don't want to tell you to go an buy it and you can't run it on your PC. You can get a video card for $100 that will allow you to play both games.

Good luck  :^:

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

Amazing update from CDPR.
I was eagerly waiting for the details on pre-order, and certainly pleased to see the collectors edition with a DRM Free version, map and the artwork handbook.
Much respect to the CDPR.

Now, just want the game badly. Such a long wait :/

Waldie
  • Waldie

Narcissistic Introvert

• Members

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

2q8wnsw.jpg

Couldn't care less about the collector's, pre-order whatever, I don't buy them but that trailer...

I've still never played played the first one or read the books but I absolutely loved the second game and this one of the few games I'm actually looking forward to.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

I Have A Beard

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

Intel HD graphics cards aren't really for gaming. You can always use Can I Run It to see whether or not you might be able to without getting a new graphics card (but I'm guessing probably not).

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

That looks absolutely stunning.

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:37 AM

Feb 2015 - Pre-Orders have begun.

GOG

Steam

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

Well, pre oders have begun since the trailer was out.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:14 PM Edited by iNero, 10 June 2014 - 09:15 PM.

New Gameplay

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

do i have to play the other witcher games first to understand the story.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

Like Assassin's Creed, it helps to play the earlier games to get a full grasp on the story.

OR you can read the novels which are far more in-depth than the games will ever be

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users