Photo

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

204 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:02 PM Edited by iNero, 06 July 2013 - 10:05 PM.

Lol. So you say it needa a titan to play TW3 on max?
You know that most gaming PCs arent as powerful as the PS4? There are not manny players which have a GTX690 or similar and the games have to run on a wide range of PCs. So basicly for the first few years the PC players are holding back graphics if you go after tze common logic.

For the Crysis comparison.:

What about C3?! Runs on the same systems and looks much better.

And imo The Division looks quite a bit better. Same with destiny. Both ran on PS4 Dev Kits.
So there shouldnt be a problem to run the witcher on max...
If you watch the TW2 comparisons you see what CDPR actually can do port.
And as this phrase reads, it looks like that the next gens are developed simultaniously

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:38 AM

The Witcher 2 can't even run on max settings on PS4/X1 hardware. I'm struggling to think how TW3 could be maxed out without severe graphical limitations.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 00:38)
The Witcher 2 can't even run on max settings on PS4/X1 hardware. I'm struggling to think how TW3 could be maxed out without severe graphical limitations.

It's just PR bullsh*t. Happens every generation. They have to convince people to buy consoles one way or another.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 02:38)

Lmao
WTF are you talkin about...?!
http://www.bit-tech....90-1gb-review/6
And it has used DX9...
Even more hilarious is that once again vuys compare console hardware 1:1 with PC...

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 03:21)

Lmao
And it has used DX9...
Even more hilarious is that once again vuys compare console hardware 1:1 with PC...

The Witcher 3 on PS4 won't have GPU accelerated features, it will on PC. I'm talking about Nvidia PhysX.

And you show me this link, I'll let you know that It'll run on the CPU, which is worse. Running PhysX on the CPU is like running on spikes barefoot. Seriously though, I hope Nvidia port their physics engine (PhysX) to OpenCL or DirectCompute so everyone would be able to have the best experience. Even PS360 supported PhysX although I don't recall a single game taking advantage of it, the reason is simple, when you run it on PS360's CPU, you'll have a slideshow appearing in front of you, so because of Nvidia's selfishness, the developers opted for Havok/Bullet™.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:53 AM Edited by GTAvanja, 08 July 2013 - 08:00 AM.

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 05:49)
The Witcher 3 on PS4 won't have GPU accelerated features, it will on PC. I'm talking about Nvidia PhysX.

I think new consoles will handle PhysX just fine. It depends on optimization. CPU is supposed to handle physics anyway. PhysX is the only known physics engine that uses the GPU as it's primary processing unit as far as I'm aware. And it kills performance every time. Physics should be offloaded to the CPU, and if that's how the PS4 will process physics then that is good news. And the architecture within the PS4 makes the PS4 more capable of running PhysX than the PC. People don't seem to know how the APU and the unified memory make the communication between the CPU and the GPU a lot faster than what we have on PC's. On top of that the PS4 has an enormous memory bandwidth. Higher than a high-end PC and faster because it uses GDDR5.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

I haven't properly played either game, but I have a couple of questions:

Do you choose between 3 development trees (magic, melee, alchemy) or do you have to use all three? I've heard a reviewer say about The Witcher 2 that you have to use at least magic + melee because the game's too difficult for just melee. If you have to use them all, doesn't that restrict your freedom to create the character you want? Wouldn't that make the game like a harder version of Fable, which is more like an action game, instead of an action RPG like the Souls series, where you have to build a specific character (mage, thief, knight, warrior etc.) and min-max to be successful?
The idea of alchemy is really putting me off. If I understand correctly, you have to drink a potion before a fight, but how do you know what's coming? Do you have to die first, to know which potion you should've carried with you and used? How long do the effects last?
I like to create characters that don't rely on consumables, so the I don't like the idea of alchemy.

I tried playing The Witcher 2 twice now, but both times I had to stop playing after a while because it just didn't interest me. I think it was mainly due to the story, I just didn't know why I had to care about anyone around me. It was like I was being dropped in the middle of a story, instead of at the start of it. There was a quest where I had to unveil the identity of an assassin of the king. What assassin? And the king seemed like a dick anyway, I didn't feel the need to protect him at all, but the game still had me do it.

I also tried playing The Witcher (1), but I didn't like the combat system and not being able to play with a controller. So I'm thinking of watching a playthrough of it to understand the story better. Is that worth it or would it be a waste of time?

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 21:21)

Lmao
And it has used DX9...

Technically that still isn't maxed out (though ubersampling would undoubtedly destroy that GPU), on Dx9 and manages to scrape above 30. Still waiting to be convinced as to how TW3 will be viable without severe visual cutbacks but as it's been said - PR bullsh*t.

Aside, jesus christ. An Xbox and Ronaldo fanboy. Youse a bit of a princess.

Do you choose between 3 development trees (magic, melee, alchemy) or do you have to use all three? I

Geralt can't max out all 3 trees so you'll have to pick and choose between the 3 - depending on your playstyle.

doesn't that restrict your freedom to create the character you want?

This game isn't TES. It's incredibly viable to have melee and magic / alchemy as your priorities, because that's what Witchers specialize in. If you wanted to go full melee / full magic, that isn't exactly lore friendly I'd suppose. I mean, you COULD do that. But you wouldn't want to.

you have to drink a potion before a fight, but how do you know what's coming? Do you have to die first, to know which potion you should've carried with you and used? How long do the effects last?

The game is usually painfully obvious as to letting the player know when there is a fight, or one big enough to logically inform them to use potions. They last about 10 minutes but this can easily be increased with mods.

So I'm thinking of watching a playthrough of it to understand the story better. Is that worth it or would it be a waste of time?

CDPR made a video explaining what happened in the first game for their X360 release of TW2.

Honestly, The Witcher series has always been a bit of a slow burner. It starts off slow, but if you give it a proper chance then you may get sucked into it easily.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

Thanks, I'll watch that video a couple of times and then give The Witcher 2 another whirl. 10 minutes for a potion sounds pretty decent.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 11:17)
QUOTE (iNero @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 21:21)

Lmao
And it has used DX9...

Technically that still isn't maxed out (though ubersampling would undoubtedly destroy that GPU), on Dx9 and manages to scrape above 30. Still waiting to be convinced as to how TW3 will be viable without severe visual cutbacks but as it's been said - PR bullsh*t.

Aside, jesus christ. An Xbox and Ronaldo fanboy. Youse a bit of a princess.

Do you choose between 3 development trees (magic, melee, alchemy) or do you have to use all three? I

Geralt can't max out all 3 trees so you'll have to pick and choose between the 3 - depending on your playstyle.

doesn't that restrict your freedom to create the character you want?

This game isn't TES. It's incredibly viable to have melee and magic / alchemy as your priorities, because that's what Witchers specialize in. If you wanted to go full melee / full magic, that isn't exactly lore friendly I'd suppose. I mean, you COULD do that. But you wouldn't want to.

you have to drink a potion before a fight, but how do you know what's coming? Do you have to die first, to know which potion you should've carried with you and used? How long do the effects last?

The game is usually painfully obvious as to letting the player know when there is a fight, or one big enough to logically inform them to use potions. They last about 10 minutes but this can easily be increased with mods.

So I'm thinking of watching a playthrough of it to understand the story better. Is that worth it or would it be a waste of time?

CDPR made a video explaining what happened in the first game for their X360 release of TW2.

Honestly, The Witcher series has always been a bit of a slow burner. It starts off slow, but if you give it a proper chance then you may get sucked into it easily.

Lol. Stupid guy thinks Im an Xbox fanboy.
And a american who no idea tries tonjudge about Ronaldo?

You should use your brain and think further... if you could you wouldnt translate the performence of a PC 1:1 to a console..

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:30 AM Edited by nigelhere9901, 14 July 2013 - 10:20 AM.

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 07:53)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 05:49)

I think new consoles will handle PhysX just fine. It depends on optimization. CPU is supposed to handle physics anyway. PhysX is the only known physics engine that uses the GPU as it's primary processing unit as far as I'm aware. And it kills performance every time. Physics should be offloaded to the CPU, and if that's how the PS4 will process physics then that is good news. And the architecture within the PS4 makes the PS4 more capable of running PhysX than the PC. People don't seem to know how the APU and the unified memory make the communication between the CPU and the GPU a lot faster than what we have on PC's. On top of that the PS4 has an enormous memory bandwidth. Higher than a high-end PC and faster because it uses GDDR5.

I'm not quite sure you understand how GPGPU APIs work actually. Also, perhaps I misinterpreted your post, my apologies in advance if I did, but what? You do realize that all modern physics engine (Including Havok, Bullet™ etc) can be executed on the GPU since like the 8800 series or earlier (refer to GPGPU), right? And how would be the CPU be better at general computing when compared to the GPU? Again, I apologize if I misinterpreted your post.

In addition, memory matters, yes. But it's not everything. It all comes down to the raw performance/FLOPS. PS4's GPU has 1.8TFLOPS GPU, while the enthusiast card, the 7990 has 8TFLOPS of computation power. One more thing, the PS4's bandwidth is 176GB/s, in contrast, the 7950's bandwidth, which is not even an enthusiast card (take note that I'm just using the GPU solely for that comparison, the 8 core AMD CPU will probably take 20GB/s bandwidth out of the 176GB/s, it was confirmed on Beyond3D). So higher than a high-end PC? I'm guessing you're only taking the system memory, the DDR3 RAM which will obviously have slow speeds, into account, which is rather silly.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

Here's the new cinematic trailer

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

Today 8pm CET a countdown on the official website of witcher 3 ends.

hopefully its gameplay

though it would be too early I guess. release is far far away

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 02:50)

hopefully its gameplay

You mean the countdown that's already over with, who's resulting trailer was posted in the post before yours, half an hour before you posted?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (The-King @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 11:33)

hopefully its gameplay

You mean the countdown that's already over with, who's resulting trailer was posted in the post before yours, half an hour before you posted?

read the damn thing... http://www.vg247.com...ious-countdown/

to me it says today 20 pm or 11 PDT

http://www.timeandda...30814T11&p1=224

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 15:26)
Here's the new cinematic trailer

user posted image

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

If you think that is awesome, get a load of this.

http://en.thewitcher.com/news/view/366

Charles Dance is providing his voice for the emperor of Nilfgaard.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

I know him from Game of Thrones but I watch it in German so I have no idea how he sounds biggrin.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 19:35)
If you think that is awesome, get a load of this.

http://en.thewitcher.com/news/view/366

Charles Dance is providing his voice for the emperor of Nilfgaard.

Charles. F*cking. Dance.

Get it bought.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 04:12)
QUOTE (The-King @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 11:33)

hopefully its gameplay

read the damn thing... http://www.vg247.com...ious-countdown/

to me it says today 20 pm or 11 PDT

http://www.timeandda...30814T11&p1=224

There is no countdown, the countdown is over, it's done, it was counting down to the f*cking trailer.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

Can't wait for this! It's my second most anticipated game after GTA V!

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:44 AM

Not a fan of CGI trailers, especially photorealistic ones like this, but that was cool.

So excited for this game.

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:42 AM Edited by kamuran, 15 August 2013 - 08:44 AM.

My reaction.

user posted image

And...

user posted image

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:20 AM Edited by Tashan, 01 November 2013 - 05:29 AM.

Witcher 3 Studio Promises "Absolutely No DRM" At Launch

7Uv3O4F.jpg

Read more

Kotaku

• Osho likes this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:29 AM

This thread deserves members attention 

Check Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Artwork Album 

It's so cool :)

• Osho likes this

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

Damn, This the only game that looks next - gen.

Day one!

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

witcusf1z.gif

13864661776317qbl2.gif

1386466538213wcuqn.gif1386465862046ktkue.gif

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:17 PM Edited by iNero, 09 December 2013 - 06:17 PM.

oh maaan. I want Bows or Crossbows so much in this game. Also a jump button and some kind of free aiming for the signs. ( with a reticle )

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by Versous, 09 December 2013 - 07:10 PM.

http://www.gamersyde...r-14895_en.html

That should be the best quality available so far... Incredible!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users