Another new trailer:

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:49 PM Edited by Raavi, 10 June 2013 - 09:17 PM.

I'll edit the OP with everything released so far, so it's one complete read.

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:17 AM Edited by kamuran, 13 June 2013 - 12:45 AM.

Here's some new screenshots, artwork, videos, articles, and info.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:19 AM Edited by kamuran, 13 June 2013 - 12:45 AM.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Here's some interviews, an Nvidia video and more.

Here's some articles and some more videos.
Secret message in the trailer
Killing Monsters website
Konrad Tomaszkiewicz from CD Projekt Red talks about exploring the vast world as well as deeper within Geralt of Rivia.
Supposedly going to be 35 times bigger than the Witcher 2!
Another article
A 1080p download link for the trailer
My friend's Witcher gallery on Imgur if anyone wants to check out some awesome artwork, screens and fan art
1080p trailer screenshots

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:32 AM Edited by Ibrahimhassounah, 13 June 2013 - 03:08 AM.

There will be exclusive content for the Xbox One

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 16:32)
There will be exclusive DLC for the Xbox One

Do you have a source to that? I can't see CD Projekt doing that, they are into their PC gamers more.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

Glad the PS4 supports DX11(.1) ( even an customized advanced version for even lower level access to the hardware)

graphics will be awesome

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:37 AM

f*ck me softly....this game looks beautiful. One of the very few games that has me interested in next gen.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:59 AM Edited by Ibrahimhassounah, 13 June 2013 - 03:08 AM.

QUOTE (kamuran @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 00:38)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 16:32)
There will be exclusive DLC for the Xbox One

Do you have a source to that? I can't see CD Projekt doing that, they are into their PC gamers more.

They announced that at the Microsoft E3 2013 event :

and this is where it gets announced 1:02:43 - 1:04:10

-Kinect support
-Exclusive Xbox One feature
-Smart Glass support

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

It's not exclusive in game content. It's voice commands.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (kamuran @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 03:21)
It's not exclusive in game content. It's voice commands.

There is a secret exclusive feature for the Xbox One if you heard , they already announced 2 exclusive content and that is Kinect and Smart Glass and 1 is a secret Content that yet to be announced later and I didn't say in-game content

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:11 AM Edited by kamuran, 13 June 2013 - 08:21 AM.

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 19:35)

There is a secret exclusive feature for the Xbox One if you heard , they already announced 2 exclusive content and that is Kinect and Smart Glass and 1 is a secret Content that yet to be announced later and I didn't say in-game content

He didn't say anything about exclusive content. He said the Kinect feature and Smart glass integration will be exclusive only to Xbox one, not exclusive "secret" content.

"Also, we will be harnessing some of the strengths of the awesome new platform. For example, we're integrating optional voice commands and combat using Kinect. For things like quick switching and casting of spells, an exclusive feature for Xbox one . We also will be porting the U.I. to smart glass devices for things like inventory management and character development."

He was just talking about how the features on Xbox one will be exclusive, nothing else. CD Projekt Red would never make something exclusive to Xbox one. They mainly developed their games for PC gamers, not Xbox. The first 2 games came out on PC and stayed on PC for years, then they ported only the second game to Xbox 360. If they made exclusive features on either console, the PC players would go insane. From day one when the first Witcher game came out, it was created for PC players only, not not consoles. Your point is invalid stating that a "secret" feature will be exclusive to Xbox one.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:15 PM Edited by Ibrahimhassounah, 13 June 2013 - 01:27 PM.

QUOTE (kamuran @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 08:11)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 19:35)

He didn't say anything about exclusive content. He said the Kinect feature and Smart glass integration will be exclusive only to Xbox one, not exclusive "secret" content.

"Also, we will be harnessing some of the strengths of the awesome new platform. For example, we're integrating optional voice commands and combat using Kinect. For things like quick switching and casting of spells, an exclusive feature for Xbox one . We also will be porting the U.I. to smart glass devices for things like inventory management and character development."

He was just talking about how the features on Xbox one will be exclusive, nothing else. CD Projekt Red would never make something exclusive to Xbox one. They mainly developed their games for PC gamers, not Xbox. The first 2 games came out on PC and stayed on PC for years, then they ported only the second game to Xbox 360. If they made exclusive features on either console, the PC players would go insane. From day one when the first Witcher game came out, it was created for PC players only, not not consoles. Your point is invalid stating that a "secret" feature will be exclusive to Xbox one.

Sorry ,I heard him saying "and exclusive feature" but he said "an exclusive feature" , so your right I'm wrong , but I have to say CD Projekt Red knows how to make great games , I was a PC gamer once but after my PC got broken I was gonna pay
700 dollars to repair it , cause there was a lot of damage to my Radeon HD 4770 card and my screen was damaged too and a lot of other damages , so I wasn't gonna pay 700$ so I bought the Xbox 360

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

dude who cares.
the XboxOne sucks dick anyway.

the new Witcher looks incredible and it will be just as much fun on Playstation and PC as it will be on Microsoft.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 23:56)
the XboxOne sucks dick anyway.

I would actually like that feature. It would make the bloody thing useful.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (kamuran @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 00:17)
http://i.imgur.com/Y6ExXc1.jpg

That looks like Capra Demon from Dark Souls hehe.
So far this game looks mindblowing, my PC will have some problems running this monster.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

New info!

The Witcher 3 will have about 80 monsters. Geralt goes to village where people are trying to solve murder case. It looks like a demon work. There are two factions that want to do something completely opposite. One faction "young villagers" under Sven want to kill demon other one "elders" want to calm evil.

Geralt agrees to help young faction and kill demon (yeeey money !).

He searches for demon with his skills. He finds it and realizes that demon made a mark on one villager. That villager is Svens girlfriend and even if he will kill that demon it will resurrect itself as long as that person has that mark.

He does his job, takes head of monster and he goes back to village.

When he is back he realizes that Young faction killed all elders because they didn't support their choise and they took power in village.

Geralt is angry about that but he takes his money for work and he goes to another village without informing them about that mark. He knows, those murderers will be killed in 3 months when demon will resurrect itself.

http://polygamia.pl/...nadal.html?bo=1

user posted image

Thanks to Perkel (Gaf) for translation!

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

Suddenly upgrading to a 770 looks so much more appealing.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

A worthwhile bump - now is an almost perfect time to (re)play TW2. A combat rebalance mod that was made by a TW3 dev is releasing this week, and the changelog is fantastic.

GENERAL CHANGES

Up to 80% increase in responsivness per Geralt's animations.
Up to 50% increase in repsonsivness per NPCs animations.
Added strafing while being locked on an enemy and walking.
Geralt can block while moving ( NEW ANIMATIONS ). Static Guard Stance is no longer required to parry enemy attacks.
Geralt automatically parries enemy sword attacks and deflects incoming arrows.
Geralt and his attackers are no longer bouncing off parry. It allows to continue attack sequence.
Monster attacks still cannot be parried with a sword.
While using Guard Stance Geralt channels an active Quen shield.
Above listed changes to defence mechanics decreased importance of rolling in combat.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

Decreased the number of skill to ensure quality over quantity.
Geralt now starts with core witcher skills already learned. No need to go through Training tree before unlocking other branches.
Removed many passives from skill tree to replace them with more active abilities. Remaining passives are changed to make them more attractive.
All skills now have one level ( previously 2 ).
Aard and Igni Signs have been changed from projectile to cone area of effect.
Riposte doesn't require Guard Stance to activate, only attacking in a timed window.
Changed riposte animations ( NEW ANIMATIONS, DUH ) to prevent Geralt from sliding on enemies.
Experience points are given only for progressing through quests, not for killing enemies. This encourages role-playing without worrying about missing experience.
Geralt no longer buys witcher specific recipies from random merchants. He recalls lost memories as a part of character development.

BALANCE

Each enemy is balanced according to his constitution, combat skill, combat style, weapon and armor type. Following this pattern allowed to created consistent rules that every character follows. A barechested bandit won't survive more hits than a knight in platemail just because the bandit was encountered later in game.
Decreased the disproportion in stats between starting equipment and late game equipment.
Moved the weight of character power from equipment to character development. Learned skills should have as big impact on Geralt's badass factor as items.
Geralt's armors are split into 4 categories: leather jackets, heavy leather jackets, combat jackets and heavy combat jackets. Heavier armors impose small damage penalty on Geralt. Players need to choose between max damage and protection.
Items imported from The Witcher savegames are of the same quality as in the first game. An exceptional armor and weapon remains valuable. This makes the game easier, but it is an intentional reward.
Set elixirs and oils duration to 1 hour.
Added potion overdose and heavy overdose debuffs on toxicity thresholds 55 and 65.
Removed Fatigue penalty that decreased sword damage and damage reduction on block when Vigor was spent on Signs or Parry. It discouraged some players from using Signs becaused it decreased Geralt's sword DPS.
NPCs deal full damage to other NPCs.
Removed 50% Hit Points condition for throwing enemy off height with Aard.
Decreased Riposte damage multiplier to 1.0, but added 30% enemy parry chance debuff.
Riposte no longer costs Vigor.
Silver throwing daggers are considered as silver weapons for damage calculations against monsters.
Inceneration, Bleeding and Poisoning effects are allowed to be active at the same time.
Made quest experience rewards more consistent. There are no longer any situations where player is rewarded with 50 experience points for one quests and 2000 for another.
Made moral choices in quests equally rewarding in terms of experience and items. Players should be encouraged more to role-play instead of weighing quest rewards.
Geralt gains knowledge about monsters faster.
Changed rewards for gaining knowledge about monsters to monster specific oils for swords.
Set minimal damage dealt by Geralt to zero ( was 5 ).
Removed bonus damage for backstabs.
Finally soaked boots in tutorial weigh more than dry boots!!

ECONOMY

Decreased the number of armors and weapons present in game. Amount of equipment is adjusted to provide smoother item progression without making huge amount of items useless stat-wise.
Weapons and armors that are present in the game were picked according to these rules: visual differentiation, witcher low level magic setting. Some items available in game assets but not used in original game were reintroduced.
Moved more quality items from quest rewards to shops and distributed them among Chapters. Player should be encouraged to regulary spend money in shops.
Decreased buying cost of swords and armors. Player should be able to buy items more often, not hoard money.
Decreased amount of loot dropped from enemies.
Removed some of the junk items from container definitions.
Made vendors specialize in certain type of merchandize.
Witcher specific recipies cannot be bought but also cannot be sold to merchants.

VISUALS

Added Focused Combat Stance. Geralt enters focused state during challenging encounters.
While in Focused Stance Geralt performs piruettes ( NEW ANIMATION ) instead of rolling and uses Guard Stance idle animation.
Enemies explode when killed by mage spells. Does not apply to witcher Signs - they are not that powerful.
Made finisher animations which use Signs unlocked by upgrading Aard and Igni in character development.
Removed cutscene swords. Geralt will use his currently equipped sword in all cutscenes.
Equipped enemies with swords according to their social status, wealth and current situation in the game. For example, soldiers patrolling areas near ghost fog in Act 2 are equipped with silver swords like the story suggests.
Decreased camera shake effect used on each step of huge creatures like trolls and golems.
Removed green cloud effect from enemy poisoning FX.

FIXES

Tweaked anim events in all combat animations to improve timings and responsivness.
Fixed sword oils not providing bonus damge against monsters.
Fixed Circle of Power: Endurance giving Circle of Power: Vitality bonus.
Fixed a bug where Geralt was always doing 2 more steps after roll before stopping.

OTHER

Changed item rarity names to reflect witcher's low level magic setting. Items are no longer MAGICAL and EPIC.
Decreased attacked enemy importance for targetting to make switching enemies easier.
Many, many other changes that were required to make features listed above work.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=579977

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:44 AM

Which game(s) would be most relatable to the gameplay of The Witcher?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

in a Preview I did read that the world feels alive and there are guys walkin around the whole map and if you talk with them you probably get a quest.

I hope we get as many as in Skyrim. One thing I loved about Skyrim was that there was so much stuff to do. Many were almost the same but its awesome to know that you always have stuff to do and have a variety to choose from. I really hope they implement that in a good manner. Especially because its open world this time and the world ist even bigger than Skyrims. No random quests would make the world feel empty

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 10:24)

I hope we get as many as in Skyrim.

I hope you're joking. Skyrim had such an absurd amount of quests it felt like Bethesda just wanted to make an artificially long game. It was riddled with forgettable fetch quests with absolute sh*te rewards and loot. Not to mention they were incredibly boring.

Yes, there should be a decent amount of quests, but I don't think it's anything to worry about. But if it's anything like Skyrim's quests I will be thoroughly tickled.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

Thats your problem. I want as many stuff as possible..

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 19:04)
QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 10:24)

I hope we get as many as in Skyrim.

I hope you're joking. Skyrim had such an absurd amount of quests it felt like Bethesda just wanted to make an artificially long game. It was riddled with forgettable fetch quests with absolute sh*te rewards and loot. Not to mention they were incredibly boring.

Yes, there should be a decent amount of quests, but I don't think it's anything to worry about. But if it's anything like Skyrim's quests I will be thoroughly tickled.

I think I read somewhere that they got rid of fetch quests completely, and that besides hunting quests all of them are going to be nonlinear.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 12:16)
Thats your problem. I want as many stuff as possible..

Quality over quantity. I'd rather have 5 really good questlines with plenty of background, lore, and engaging story than 20 "bring a potion to Dickwad in the next town over and he'll give you 50 gold."

I think I read somewhere that they got rid of fetch quests completely, and that besides hunting quests all of them are going to be nonlinear.

I believe I read something similar as well. As it should be.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:04 PM Edited by iNero, 26 June 2013 - 07:24 PM.

Probably I said it wrong.

I want these quests to be something completley different from the main quests. Like you help a guy who has a problem. And I hope there are tons of these so you never have the feeling that there is nothing to do. Probably Random Quests which are infinite. One of the worst things that can happen is that the game runs out of sidequests while you only have played a small bit of the main quest. At the end you only have the main quests left and nit really variety anymore...

Another thing they could do are sidemissions like in GTA. For example, you have to escort a group of people from point A to B. Such "Activities" should be infinite like in GTA. Add a ton of these "Activities" to level up and earny money and Im fine.

That probably sounds like I want the game to be like GTA but thats not the case. It just should give tons of things you can do.

Edit.

Engine:
Leonid Melikhov: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt does look pretty good. Obviously what we have seen is the alpha footage and so I have a few concerns, like there were times where the frame rate was not stable.

Jonas Mattson: Yes, that was alpha footage. As we are going to release it in 2014 so we have all this time to truly polish all the loose ends. Right now we are focused more on the quality of the game and as usual in any development scenario you focus on optimization and we have pretty cool stuff to help with this i.e. Umbra. I won’t get too technical but it allows us to hide things that the player doesn't see automatically. We have this feature in our engine and it will be further optimized to improve performance.

PC Version und Konsole

Leonid Melikhov: Is PC the lead platform for Witcher 3?

Jonas Mattson: We are targeting all high end platforms, so the Xbox One, PS4 and obviously the PC. We won’t absolutely forget our roots, absolutely not (referring to the PC).

Leonid Melikhov: So will the PC version be ported to the consoles?

Jonas Mattson: Right now what you see is running on the PC but we have development kits (for next gen consoles) so we are aiming to have an equally high quality experience with all the platforms. As you know the specs of next generation platforms, it really allows us not to hold anything back. When we were working on The Witcher 2 on the Xbox 360, it was…

Leonid Melikhov: Problematic?

Jonas Mattson: Not problematic, but we had to do a lot of work to get it running on a current gen console. But really, this time we can push the limits and hold nothing back.

Monster:

Leonid Melikhov: It probably depends on where the player is currently located in the world…

Jonas Mattson: Oh yes. There are monsters in the game where you won’t simply find running around in the wild. The fiend that you saw earlier, it feels comfortable in its own territory, so the player needs to lure it out. Our monsters in the game act differently and take in to consideration where it is and they behave accordingly.

Leonid Melikhov: Are we going to see any Dragons?

Jonas Mattson: (Laughs) I don’t want to spoil anything so am I not going to say anything about that.

Leonid Melikhov: Tell us a bit more about the different creatures in the game.

Jonas Mattson: There are 80 creatures in the game and of course you have the wild life like rabbits, deer and bears.

Leonid Melikhov: Can you kill them?

Jonas Mattson: Yes you can kill them.

Leonid Melikhov: Are they useful for anything or they just make the world look pretty?

Jonas Mattson: Of course, each of them has a different use. The player can invest hours in to hunting and sell them to the villagers. The fiend, I mentioned before, it basically does not stay in one territory, it goes out to hunt. So the player might come across it, so even when you’re hunting you might become the hunted. You have all this monsters like werewolves, so we are really populating this open world as much as we can.

Gore:

Leonid Melikhov: What about the gore in the game? I remember playing Witcher 2 where I was able to cut off limbs. Can the player do the same in The Witcher 3?

Jonas Mattson: There are certain times where the game is a bit gory. Currently we cannot cut off limbs; we might do it later on. But we don’t hold anything back to due to the ratings. This is a game for adults and for people who can handle violence, gore and intimate relationships. We are not changing our attitude.

Leonid Melikhov: That won’t be Witcher if you do…

Jonas Mattson: Exactly! The Witcher world is dark fantasy world and it is about delivering this experience and we are not going to change that. I can’t see us change that and we are not going to change it. This is what we are as a studio, this is what we do, we do mature role playing games and we are going to continue to do that.

http://gamingbolt.co...ers-and-dragons

user posted image

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

Game will look similar to PC Version on Max:

G: You’re at the forefront of the adoption of the next generation consoles. Are you already working on the devkits? What are your impressions of the Xbox One and PS4? Are there any marked differences in horsepower between the two?

K: Yes, we’ve been working on Microsoft and Sony-provided devkits for some time now, well before the consoles were officially presented. As for the differences between the two — both are very potent pieces of hardware and developing games on them is a pleasure.

G: Will the game look any different on different platforms or you’re aiming to make it look the same? Can gamers with high-end PCs expect better visual fidelity at maximum settings like for The Witcher 2?

K: We’re aiming to deliver the same experience on all the platforms – we’re developing The Witcher 3 on next gen platforms so visual cutbacks will not be the case here. Eyecandy for everyone!

http://www.dualshock...of-multiplayer/

Obviously Resolution and framerate will be better as you can go above 1080p and also have no limit for fps

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

why does that seem like they dumbed down the PC version for consoles?

Ronmar The Only
  • Ronmar The Only

Storyteller, Plus Hopeless Romantic.

• The Connection

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Because your a pc elitist? I don't know exactly what you are meaning by dumbing down with regards to the game. How about you give an example?

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:23 PM Edited by kudoboi, 06 July 2013 - 05:33 PM.

QUOTE (Ronmar The Only @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 17:18)
Because your a pc elitist? I don't know exactly what you are meaning by dumbing down with regards to the game. How about you give an example?

they said that it will match PC settings at max. i doubt that next gen consoles can actually match max PC settings based on the info we got so far on their GPU and the fact that you need a monster PC to even run it at max. its either they dumbed down the graphics to run similarly on both systems likes crysis 2 or they are lying.

i'm not saying next gen console systems isn't powerful, but i doubt that its as powerful as something like the gtx titan

for an example, take a look at crysis 2. EA wanted to make graphics equal on all platforms and looked what happened. crysis 2 looks worst than even crysis 1 on PC which is just embarrassing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users