Photo

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

162 replies to this topic
VitoJoe
  • VitoJoe

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 22:45)
jaw-dropping screenshots are jaw-dropping icon14.gif

Really? I thought next gen PC exclusives (or PC versions of multiplatform games) would look more you know, photo-realistic. confused.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (VitoJoe @ Thursday, Feb 7 2013, 02:11)

Really? I thought next gen PC exclusives (or PC versions of multiplatform games) would look more you know, photo-realistic. confused.gif

It will look better. People just keep forgetting that these screenshots are rendered in the old engine, not the one they will actually use. The purpose of these screenshots is to show us what to expect from an open world environment.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (VitoJoe @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 17:11)
I thought next gen PC exclusives would look more you know, photo-realistic. confused.gif

and who told you that?
you've been reading too many video game magazines tounge2.gif

"photorealism" won't happen for consoles or PC for another decade at least.
it's possible to have photorealistic graphics now - you see it all time in Hollywood movies today - but the hardware required to support that is still too expensive to use at home in consumer consoles or PC's.

it still requires way more processing power than we have right now in our personal hardware.

Ronmar The Only
  • Ronmar The Only

Storyteller, Plus Hopeless Romantic.

• The Connection

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

I've played the 360 version and it looks great. I know the PC version looks even better, but personally, I'd be fine with the same level of graphics (albeit to the standard that was on the PC for the next generation consoles) if it stretches out over a landscape as they've described it along with still keeping the same depth to the quests.

I believe the next generation is more about creating a great atmosphere and believability to the movements as well as the artificial intelligence more than just uber graphics. It is the little things and the ability to do as many of the little things that you can believe possible that will define the next generation.

Also, I'm extremely excited and happy about the idea of just going to different towns/areas to do monster hunting. I would be extremely happy if you could great your own witcher and go from town to town basically just doing that, ala Mount and Blade (meaning no real storyline, just the gameplay and sense of accomplishment keeping you going).

And one last thing, fix the dice poker. In the first Witcher, dice poker was fun. In the second, I almost always lost. Sucked so bad. The House does not always need to win in a videogame.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

http://www.examiner....etails-revealed

http://www.examiner....zingly-detailed

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (VitoJoe @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 18:11)

Next-gen PC exclusives? I hate to break it to you lad, but there's only one generation of PC so to speak.

When this was announced I was reminded that I've had The Witcher: Enhanced Edition installed on my machine for a good three months now. But f*ck me if Vizima isn't the most tedious f*ck-fest ever implemented into a game. I love the game and all, but f*ck, Vizima is tortuous.

Ronmar The Only
  • Ronmar The Only

• The Connection

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

I just skipped the first Witcher. It is currently on my Mac, but after getting through the first big level, I just found it tedious and unwelcoming. I may go back to it someday, but I don't see that day anytime soon.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (Ronmar The Only @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 21:33)
I just skipped the first Witcher. It is currently on my Mac, but after getting through the first big level, I just found it tedious and unwelcoming. I may go back to it someday, but I don't see that day anytime soon.

this could be just my opinion, but TW1 is much better than 2.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

user posted image
user posted image

GetWoody
  • GetWoody

Hillbilly Heisenburg

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

I thought The Witcher 2 was boring as dicks, but the open world aspect makes me mildly interested.

Moth
  • Moth

Sweet Roll Thief

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 22:05)
it's possible to have photorealistic graphics now - you see it all time in Hollywood movies today -

Yet you can still tell what is CGI and what isn't. Graphics in movies are better, but they are still not 100% photorealistic.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

very interesting interview
http://www.rockpaper...n-world-beards/

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

HOLY f*ck!

The Witcher 3 will have three different playable epilogues driven by player choice.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will track player choices and actions to help weave an ending for gamers that can vary in tiny and sometimes major ways, the developers tell Polygon.

"There will be 36 different endings," said Adam Badowski, managing director of CD Projekt Red.

"Thirty-six world states," corrected Michal Platkow-Gilewski, the company's head of marketing.

It's a subtle difference, but the two explained that the PS4 and PC game so thoroughly tracks player choice that the end result are a lot of changes, from the tiny to the major. When I asked the two how many smaller changes the game endings might see, Platkow-Gilewski said the team stopped tracking those when they got to 300.

The safest description, they decided, was to broadly tell players that The Witcher 3 will deliver three entirely different, playable epilogues. And those three different playable endings can only be achieved by playing through the game and making different choices, they said.

"The game is quite complex," Badowski said. "We didn't mean to develop something special for the endings, it's a natural consequence of the story line. The story has hundreds of different branches and sub plots. We have to just sum all of those elements up in the epilogues. Some of those elements are taken from the very beginning and some from other moments of the storyline. All of them will connect in the epilogue.

"We have a lot of things to summarize. We didn't spend time on inventing endings, it was just the consequence of those choices."

The Witcher 3 picks up after the the Nilfgaardian Empire has attacked the Norther Kingdoms following the end of the last game, and after Geralt of Rivia, the Witcher, has fully regained his memory.

The game, which is in development for the PS4 and PC and "something more maybe", will feature more than 100 hours of gameplay evenly divided between the game's mammoth main story line and a vast array of side quests, the two said. The open world, they say, will be roughly 35 times the size of the previous game's world.

The game will also feature enhanced combat which includes a new Witchers Senses system that allows you to attack weak points of enemies.

Because the previous games weren't available on the PS3, and this one is coming to both the PC and PS4, it has been specifically designed to be approachable. But the team is also working on a mechanic that will allow those players who invested time playing the game on another platform for their choices to somehow shape this new experience on the PlayStation 4.

"We are going to give you a possibility to use your save from The Witcher 2, but it will depend on the platform," Badowski said. "On the Sony platform we are developing the game for the first time, so we invented a way to define your old actions and decisions.

"If you decide to play on the PS4 and played on PC previous, you probably want to have continuation, you want to have a similar character."

Badowski said they are not yet ready to talk about the specifics of how that will work.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

http://www.dsogaming...om-edges-cover/
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt EDGE Details:
-There will be no overt tutorial instead mechanics will gradually be introduced.

-Combat system now has dodge in order to be closer to the pirouettes found in the
books.

-Geralt can choose to execute or spare bandits, though he can loot them either way.

-They are targeting 30fps on console.

-Geralt will change his stance according to the task he is faced with e.g. wary if surrounded by a pack of monsters.

-They added Witcher sense similar to Batman’s Detective mode so you can see weak points on monsters like The Fiend’s lungs, or outside of battle to re create events like tracking a murderer.

-Main storyline is 40-50hrs, and another 40-50 in the open world.

-No “Fedex Quests.”

-Choice and consequence will ripple across the world.

-Don’t want to build a sandbox experience, storytelling is still the main goal.

-Some locations: Skellige: Nordic-style archipelago, Slavic-like No Mans Land and city of Novigrad.

-Geralt can jump. In-house motion capturing,though the horse was done somewhere else.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

Only 30 fps on console?

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:27 PM Edited by kamuran, 07 June 2013 - 07:51 PM.

New Direct x11 screenshots! These look gorgeous!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Source

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

someone can explain me what they mean with "its an open world game but not a sandbox" ?

dont really know what it means. can you go everywhere on the map? do you have side activities like in skyrim ( hunting, assassin missions and so on )?

or is it linear like an adventure game? like you cant go everywhere, only where the current mission is located. would suck imo.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 01:13)
someone can explain me what they mean with "its an open world game but not  a sandbox" ?

dont really know what it means. can you go everywhere on the map? do you have side activities like in skyrim ( hunting, assassin missions and so on )?

or is it linear like an adventure game? like you cant go everywhere, only where the current mission is located. would suck imo.

A lot of people often criticize Skyrim for not having a good story. Meanwhile The Witcher is praised for it's storytelling. They are trying to put our minds at ease that The Witcher won't turn into a mindless sandbox game where the story is just there for the sake of having one. It will be a fully free roaming game, but the main focus is on narrative. Kind of like GTA, actually. Where both the story and free roaming elements are great.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

did Witcher 2 had mini games and activities? or was it really just the story?

Rusty Balls
  • Rusty Balls

love spuds

• The Precinct
  • Scotland

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

Well a sandbox is pretty much a go anywhere- do anything type of affair. That this game is not going to be that, simply just an open world implies that we're not going to be able to do anything and everything in that world or create the type of havoc we could in, say, a GTA game. And yes to mini games in W2.

Also what an arse Geralt's got on him, Jesus.

Ronmar The Only
  • Ronmar The Only

• The Connection

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 20:30)

It had a boxing/brawling minigame along with a dice gambling game. I don't know what you are meaning by activities necessarily.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Ronmar The Only @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 02:40)

It had a boxing/brawling minigame along with a dice gambling game. I don't know what you are meaning by activities necessarily.

we are on a GTA Forum. Actually you should now why activities mean biggrin.gif

I mean stuff like hunting, assassin missions and so on.

I found this Vid btw.:

they explain it pretty good. so actually you can go everyhwere and explore stuff.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

I really need to but The Witcher 2. This looks great and one of the very few next gen games I'm interested in.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

The Witcher 2 is fantastic.

if you haven't played it yet, and you enjoy RPG's, then you're doing yourself a huge disservice.

Ronmar The Only
  • Ronmar The Only

• The Connection

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 20:50)
QUOTE (Ronmar The Only @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 02:40)

we are on a GTA Forum. Actually you should now why activities mean biggrin.gif

I mean stuff like hunting, assassin missions and so on.

It is an RPG, killing things and taking materials off them comes with the territory. Witcher games have had a fairly deep yet basic crafting/alchemy system for a while.

Assassin missions are quests, not activities. Witcher 2 did not really have straight kill this person quests per se, there were generally multiple options: (1) kill this person, (2) figure out what is wrong with the person, (3) kill the person anyways, (4) refuse to continue the quest, etc.

You also can buy books to read (not necessarily as long as the books in Elder Scrolls games can be), and the in-game journel is written in character by Geralt's friend and poet, which makes for a great read. It keeps track of virtually every decision you make and adds excellent color commentary.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

Holy f*ck at the screens, they look nothing like the DX9 render screens. The devs weren't kidding when they said that they would use a better rendering engine. The game looks gorgeous!

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

Armor and artwork!
user posted image
user posted image

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

Secura
  • Secura

Enigmatic Wanderer.

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

That gameplay trailer has me hyped like nothing else, here's hoping they actually bother to deliver with this third and final installment of The Witcher and don't end up f*cking over the endings like Bioware did with Mass Effect.

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

It's CD Projekt. They make good stories. The ending I am sure will be good.

Anyway, out of all the other garbage Microsoft was showing, the Witcher 3 looked the best to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users