Create the video game character of your dreams
Play how you want in an immersive story
A game world that responds to your every move
Scores of abilities and weapons that modify each other
Seemingly limitless outfit and gear customization options
Built with breathtaking graphics tech in Unreal Engine 4
(Stretch Goal) The perfect Action Adventure Modding tool kit
(Stretch Goal) Multiplayer supporting a wide range of playstyles
Project Awakened is a genre-defying game that lets you answer the question: "Who do you want to be?" For the first time in a modern AAA action game, you will have the opportunity to completely define your dream videogame character, from abilities to aesthetics, all while playing in an action-packed world that responds to your personal playstyle.

What's it about?

Pons and Fleischmann stabilized cold fusion in 1989. The Human Genome project was completed in 1993. Merritt and Rodrigo solved implant rejection in 1996. What if the scientific breakthroughs that awaken the human potential did not occur in some distant fantastical future, but in our recent past? Small ripples in time and space profoundly affecting the meaning of being human today. Black market superpowers. Breakthroughs in genetic engineering, implantation and nanotechnology have blown through the limits of human potential. Super strength, speed healing, psychic abilities, telekinesis and far more are now on the menu - but these breakthroughs are as closely and carefully regulated as weapon technology or nuclear science. Of course, that's not going to stop anyone with the will and the means to get their hands on it. But where has this bounty come from, and what is the price humanity will pay when we discover the source?

Our objective with Project Awakened is to create a robust world of incredible beauty where you can play with your powers, see real effects of your abilities on a thriving modern world, and yet still get the tight, story-driven experiences that make action games so compelling. We will build a hub-and-spoke game world, where players will explore a rich city environment, and then venture off into more linear storytelling areas that have specific puzzles and combat scenarios that can be approached differently depending on the character. The AI in the game and the world itself will be built in such a way that they will respond to any potential power the player has at their disposal in a realistic environment. Each playthrough with different characters and different powers will feel different than the last

As a player, you will be caught between a number of factions: a government that wants to lock down and control physical augmentation, corporations that are constantly (and perhaps recklessly) trying to invent the next big leap in augmentation, rebels who believe we are descending into a police state and want to unlock human potential for all, and those who believe that, for a select few, augmentation is the next step in human evolution.
The world of Project Awakened is our world, today. Our governments, our lives, our strugglesbut standing just past the tipping point of the technological evolution of humanity, and all the power and chaos that results. Governments and corporations wage covert wars with super soldiers. Police department budgets struggle to combat crime lords unhindered by constraints of money or ethics. Gods rise among us with the same fallible minds, inside superhuman bodies. And you, in our world today, are among the Awakened. Look up for a moment, look around you. What would you do in your world, if you were a god? 

Information taken from Project Awakened Kickstarter

user posted image

residenteviloutbreak
  • residenteviloutbreak

ccrogers15

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

I love what i see. Wonder what platforms they are hoping to launch on.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:57 AM Edited by GTAvanja, 05 February 2013 - 12:01 PM.

Holy sh*t! This sounds like it's a game I always wanted. If they pull this off it will be quite a thing. One of the first next gen games will be a Kickstarter project. That's big.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

If it doesn't have vehicles, I don't want it.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

What does it come out on?
And I wonder who the two big-money donators were? alien.gif

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hmm, looks like a good idea, Not really a fan of super-hero sort of games though. The game shown is definitely a very early build, the attacks look pretty basic so far, of course I can't really take much away from it because it is just an early demo build.

Kickstarter's are a little bit iffy for me, they have a habit of not going anywhere.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 12:10)
If it doesn't have vehicles, I don't want it.

im guessing they may let you drive tanks but not normal vehicles similar to prototype.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

It lost me as soon as I saw people firing electricity out of their hands. Looks incredibly generic.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 12:24)
Kickstarter's are a little bit iffy for me, they have a habit of not going anywhere.

Huh ? such as ?

This prototype video was awful. It didn't show any of the stuff they talked about, so I am ultra skeptical of this one.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

I hope the theme of this game isn't just "create your character and have a bunch of repetitive battles" like pretty much every other game.

By "story" I hope it means you're not just in some predefined levels, but more in the style of GTA. You have your own house, car, etc plus your selected powers.

You could be driving somewhere, you're on a bridge, and suddenly there's a huge roadblock filled with rebels, causing a disturbance. You slam your bakes, hop out of your car, and have epic destruction with loads of action.

If it's just "epic destruction loads of action" 24/7 with scripted levels, the game will be a failure.

For this to work well, it needs an open world and vehicles.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

So much promises. so little that can be done.

Looks interesting enough to follow, but no storyline and very generic quests (MMO-type).

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, this needs something to set it apart from other games. If it's just action 24/7 generic MMO quests boom boom boom si! si! si! then it'll just be DC Universe Online with some slight changes.

If it's what I described then it'll be one of the best games to ever release.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 18:52)
Yeah, this needs something to set it apart from other games.

How about the ability to create whatever kind of character you want with almost no limits and then do with that character whatever the hell you want?

But no. In a game that will probably allow you the ability to fly or run as fast as you want, your idea is to drive cars in it. How f*ckin' innovative and refreshing.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 18:19)
whatever the hell you want

Oh, I must be mistaken. I was quite sure that "whatever the hell you want" includes driving cars.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 20:22)
whatever the hell you want

Oh, I must be mistaken. I was quite sure that "whatever the hell you want" includes driving cars.

I said with the character, not with the environment. You must be a very boring person to dismiss a game if it doesn't have cars you can drive. Why the f*ck would you even want cars is beyond me.

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Even though it is a bit rough, I'd take it how it is and play the living sh*t out of it. It's like a super hero simulator. I wonder if you'd be able to mod it and make a character with every single power, perk, etc. tounge.gif .
Once it gets put onto the Unreal 4 engine it should look absolutely amazing.

Here's a video showing of the UE4 if some of you haven't seen it yet.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

It does look interesting but if what i just read actually does come with the game online will be dead within a week!

Game editor ships with the game

Project Awakened has huge potential to foster a robust Mod community. If the Stretch Goal is achieved, Project Awakened will ship with the editor exposed, and the game itself will be built in such a modular fashion that it will be easy to modify any values on any abilities, weapons, maps, etc. to the players liking

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 13:31)
It does look interesting but if what i just read actually does come with the game online will be dead within a week!

Game editor ships with the game

Project Awakened has huge potential to foster a robust Mod community. If the Stretch Goal is achieved, Project Awakened will ship with the editor exposed, and the game itself will be built in such a modular fashion that it will be easy to modify any values on any abilities, weapons, maps, etc. to the players liking

I might be worng, but couldn't that be avoided by having multiplayer characters created and stored server side?

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 18:52)
Yeah, this needs something to set it apart from other games.

How about the ability to create whatever kind of character you want with almost no limits and then do with that character whatever the hell you want?

But no. In a game that will probably allow you the ability to fly or run as fast as you want, your idea is to drive cars in it. How f*ckin' innovative and refreshing.

If this extends to more abstract powers such as Vampirism or even a lumbering zombie-type state (with the power to infect other players online and start a massive, thousand-strong zombie horde), I might be a bit more intrigued.
It would also help if the character customisation was so in-depth that players could effectively create heroes and villains from various comic books.

The trailer didn't do the idea justice, I'm afraid. But perhaps further trailers and information will give us a better idea of the whole thing.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Well they could but then it makes the editor pointless! and then we wonder in to the always online to play taboo!

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:10 PM Edited by LazyboyEight, 05 February 2013 - 08:30 PM.

And as I've said, without vehicles and a different approach to it (rather than having explosions 24/7 in scripted levels, it should be GTA-ish where you have your own safehouse, and a city to calmly explore at your leisure) then it wouldn't be any different to DC Universe Online.

An older vid of the game:

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 15:10)
And as I've said, without vehicles and a different approach to it (rather than having explosions 24/7 in scripted levels, it should be GTA-ish where you have your own safehouse, and a city to calmly explore at your leisure) then it wouldn't be any different to DC Universe Online.

Did you even read any of this? You don't have to kill anybody if you don't want, levels have multiple approaches, and the AI will react to you based on your super powers. Also if it's free roam, I'm sure that you'll be able to roam the city.
Where the hell are you getting this "explosions 24/7 in scripted levels" idea at? It seems like you wish this was just GTA with super powers included.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (ozzman1 @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 20:35)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 15:10)

Did you even read any of this? You don't have to kill anybody if you don't want, levels have multiple approaches, and the AI will react to you based on your super powers. Also if it's free roam, I'm sure that you'll be able to roam the city.
Where the hell are you getting this "explosions 24/7 in scripted levels" idea at? It seems like you wish this was just GTA with super powers included.

Ugh, it's hard to explain.

Okay, the type of game it COULD be, is where you're always in the open world but it focuses on constant action and warfare. Your character has no house or anything, he's just constantly fighting.

What I'd LIKE it to be, is where you're not just constantly fighting. Your character actually has a story, you have your own house and a car, and you can cause carnage when you want to - it's not forced on you all the time.

The little clip of the player riding the train is kinda the stuff I like. A living breathing city.

And actually, yes, I do want it to be GTA with superpowers.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:59 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 06 February 2013 - 12:03 AM.

This is a walkthrough of the original idea for the game that was canceled when their studio was closed. It looked cool in alpha stage in 2009. I can only imagine what they plan to do with it now.

And it was supposed to be a console game. So it was very limited in scope. Now it's a next gen PC game with modding support.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

Really nice, I love open world games, But this a bit too early.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Thanks for posting the video, a lot of those powers look amazing - especially the Superman-esque heat vision.
Though I still hope for both Vampirism and a Zombie ability that can turn enemies into followers, creating a massive hoard that follows you around.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

I like games which you can start over a million times creating new characters (Fallout NV for example).

I'm looking forward to what they have to say about RPG elements.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Nothing if they don't reach their goal. 18 days to go and they still need a lot more money. Successful Kickstarter games get their funding a lot faster, usually.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 22:00)
Nothing if they don't reach their goal. 18 days to go and they still need a lot more money. Successful Kickstarter games get their funding a lot faster, usually.

Nah, when asking for such a big amount of money most things happen in the last days, when people it's near (above 66%) funded they'll go:

omg wantz ch33p gamez.

Carmageddon hadn't even reached his goal at the last week ($400,000 and they ended up with $625,000).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users