Quantcast

» «
Photo

Raising Hope or My Name Is Earl?

17 replies to this topic

Poll: My Name Is Earl or Raising Hope? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

My Name Is Earl or Raising Hope?

1. My Name is Earl (31 votes [88.57%])

Percentage of vote: 88.57%

2. Raising hope (4 votes [11.43%])

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Cool, cool cool cool. Pew.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:48 AM Edited by Elusion123, 05 February 2013 - 01:52 AM.

As I am a big fan of those two shows, I think I have to say Raising Hope.
And if you haven't seen any of them you definitely should, they are both funny, original and has a few wonderful characters like: "Burt" from Raising Hope or "Randy" from My
Name is Earl.
So, what do you think? Raising Hope or My Name is Earl?

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

I've never seen "raising hope" but my name is Earl is great.
Is it finished for good now though?

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 03:10)

Jason Lee (Earl) and Greg Garcia (Creator) has talked about a movie to finish it off. You should really watch Raising Hope it has a few MNIE easter eggs, in one of the RH episodes there was a poster that said "My Name is Earl: The Movie". I don't know if there will be a movie yet though, but I really hope so. Do yourself and watch Raising Hope it's worth it smile.gif

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

Just watched a YouTube clip were Maw Maw gets out at night and dances, puts makeup on the sleeping people and other things.
Looks quite funny, I don't even know if this is aired in the UK.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

It's hard to say since Raising Hope doesn't have as many episodes yet... Well I suppose it has three seasons which isn't that much less than My Name is Earl. I would have to say My Name is Earl though. Raising Hope still has the great humor style, but the story-writing is a little bit more like sitcom style than My Name is Earl was. I mean, you just never really felt like anything in My Name is Earl was really that serious, and at the end of every episode it seemed resolved and you got closure. With Raising Hope they have the romantic interest storyline between Jimmy and Sabrina, and of course the entire premise is just less open-ended. It's more than that though, they try to make the characters people you can relate to a little bit, but still have their quirks in Raising Hope. However in My Name is Earl, every character is just a ridiculous type of person that doesn't really exist in real life and are all kind of amalgamations of different stereotypes, and so they're extremely likeable because of that--it's the type of show where everyone has their favorite person who just cracks them up and they have that variety.

If they had to stop working on Raising Hope to finish My Name is Earl, I wouldn't mind. I'll put it like that.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:57 AM Edited by Elusion123, 06 February 2013 - 09:19 PM.

Oh my god, in the newest episode Burt kicks "NBC" in the balls and screams: "That's for cancelling My Name is Earl"

Best f*cking line in tv-history ever!

Best thing I've watched in my entire life.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

^It's cool when they make references to other TV shows haha.

I remember I was like 12 or 13 when the first episode released, our family and friends were over and we all watched it, was pretty hilarious.
My name is Earl is definitely the better show.

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Relax, I'm a Doctor

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Raising Hope for me,also this makes it even better.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:54 AM Edited by SagaciousKJB, 28 February 2013 - 05:58 AM.

Heh, in the latest episode of Raising Hope, Jason Lee cameos as "Smokey Floyd" again. When he shows up, the background music is from "My Name is Earl"

lol This episode has a lot of little throwbacks...

"Hey pizzaman"
"Hey Smokey Floyd"

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (SagaciousKJB @ Thursday, Feb 28 2013, 06:54)
Heh, in the latest episode of Raising Hope, Jason Lee cameos as "Smokey Floyd" again. When he shows up, the background music is from "My Name is Earl"

lol This episode has a lot of little throwbacks...

"Hey pizzaman"
"Hey Smokey Floyd"

Haha, that was a epic episode, best one yet.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 02:12)
QUOTE (Chukkles @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 03:10)

Jason Lee (Earl) and Greg Garcia (Creator) has talked about a movie to finish it off. You should really watch Raising Hope it has a few MNIE easter eggs, in one of the RH episodes there was a poster that said "My Name is Earl: The Movie". I don't know if there will be a movie yet though, but I really hope so. Do yourself and watch Raising Hope it's worth it smile.gif

That's too f*cking awesome, I hope they go through with it.

I've heard on a TV in the background of Raising Hope, you can hear a reporter talking about a man finishing a karma-list he had made.

But man oh man, I really hope we get a movie to finish it. I never understood why they didn't just do a straight-to-dvd type thing. I'm sure it would have made a profit.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

Woow. after the seasonfinale I don't like Raising Hope anymore, that was just goddamn horrible.

Marlowe.
  • Marlowe.

I Still Jerk-off Manually

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 21:01)
Woow. after the seasonfinale I don't like Raising Hope anymore, that was just goddamn horrible.

Why, what happened?

FTR, I liked My Name is Earl a lot as a child, it had a great soundtrack too. I couldn't get into Raising Hope - seemed really 'blah.'

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

f*cking LOVE My Name is Earl. One if the few shows I have pretty much watched start to finish.

IMO Randy is one if the funniest people to have even been on TV.

"Bad boys bad boys, who ya gonna call?"

"Better butter butter better butter butter"

And when he's in the TV studio in front of the green screen pretending he's Pacman. lol.gif

Easily one of the funniest TV shows I've seen.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (Marlowe. @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 13:10)
QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 21:01)

Why, what happened?

FTR, I liked My Name is Earl a lot as a child, it had a great soundtrack too. I couldn't get into Raising Hope - seemed really 'blah.'

It was just horrible, turned out Maw-maws mom was ALIVE, then the the second part, it went really unoriginal, one of the main characters "turned" into be jewish, and it was also a horrible musical episode. icon13.gif

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

I say My Name Is Earl. I used to love watching that show. Both, RH and MNIE, have great humor, though.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:56 AM

I used to love Raising Hope, but I can't even stand to watch it anymore. - It sucks now and I don't know why.. It's been a boring show for quite some while now, anyone who stopped watching it just like me?

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:54 AM Edited by CatDog96, 06 February 2014 - 02:06 AM.

My name is Earl, I love that show.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users