Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

834 replies to this topic
tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:46 AM

Okay GTAforums so I have a bit of a problem. I bought the PS3 version which came with a code that let you upgrade to the PS4 version, the problem is I got an X1. So if anyone would like to trade for my PS4 upgrade code with their X1 upgrade code or even just lend me if you don't need it it would mean a lot as I don't really want to spend another 60$! Over PM of course.

Unfortunately it won't work, Since you need the original disc (PS3) to authenticate and PS3 discs won't work on X1.

Oh ya I forgot about that. Well thanks anyway! 

If it wasn't that way i would have traded ya, i bought the xbox version because i needed more xbox games but i am getting a ps4 so the code is useless to me, oh well. 

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:26 AM

Hey guys, I actually bought the game and played it for straight 20 hours and it's not that dissapointing. It still lags though but it has some good graphics.

So yeah, I have question: How the f*ck does one defeat the El Impoulto (or the Legendary Ship of Dry Troutogue). Spellings might be wrong, sorry for that. But I am literally pissed at that Man O War. I have my Jackdaw to Reinforced and Advanced but I still can't escape dying with its ram power.

Any tips on that? I don't have diving bell yet so I can't collect some elite upgrades. I need 20000R fast.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:54 AM Edited by Adler, 01 January 2014 - 07:59 AM.

You can defeat El Impoluto with only Advanced Hull (the penultimate hull upgrade if I'm not mistaken) but it will take a bit of playing around with the enemy AI, and your other upgrades should be advanced or elite. What I did was fire off no more than 2 initial mortars as the engagement begins, and all the while, rotating my ship to sail away from El Impoluto to match its direction so I can maneuver as it charges.

While sailing away from the Spanish ship, there is a sweet spot in the heading of your ship such that El Impoluto's AI will try to ram you, but will also alternate between that and maneuvering to fire broadside at you. Say you are to the right and ahead of El Impoluto, when you turn left, you are completely vulnerable to a ram charge, and El Impoluto will attempt just that. If you turn right to avoid the ram, El Impoluto will turn left in order to fire broadside. Using this sweet spot and forcing the enemy to turn both left and right but away from your ship at the last minute, you can barely manage to avoid the ram, and, while staying ahead of El Impoluto, you will be able to throw fire barrels directly against the enemy ship. This has the effect of stopping it from ramming you straight in its tracks, which I might add, is glorious to behold.

From this point, turning right will place you in the line of fire from broadsides so turn left instead so you are in front of El Impoluto and will be able to fire your own broadsides at it. Your broadside options will eventually be exhausted due to the uncertainty of whether El Impoluto will maneuver to broadside you (in which case you try to avoid or brace), or whether it will try to sail away from you. In the event that the enemy sails away, quickly correct your heading to follow the ship, and fire chain shot to slow down the enemy while it is still in range, and use any option of damaging the ship that you can (mortar, more chain shot, ram the rear of the enemy, or simply turn to heavy shot). If El Impoluto goes too far away, just follow it, mortar when you can, and entice it to ram you, and you can repeat the process described previously.

This is rather difficult to pull of without elite hull since broadsides will whittle your ship health down, and ram damage is devastating, which should be prevented at all costs. This took me about an hour or so, so expect a lot of retries before you perfect this method. I don't know if there are better methods, but this is how I managed it after stubbornly persisting for an hour without trying to get the upgrade.
  • Dr. John likes this

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

Thank you, that was very detailed. :)

But, unfortunately I need a lot of materials (Metal and Wood) for the hull to go Advanced. I just meet with Schooners and Brigs which have either cloth or selling items (like Rum and Sugar). I only met with one Man O War off mission. That thing got destroyed in a storm before I could even board. :(

As for the mortors, I miss most of the time. That ship is very fast and just escapes the mortor zone before it hits it. I can't even tail it, it swiftly turns its back and uses cannons. It can't be outspeed I suppose.

Also, I don't get why do we have Fire Barrels? It looks pointless as the AI ships just dodge them unless they are behind me which rarely happens with fast ships.

I will try to see if I can board it myself. Might as well kill the captain and make the ship stop. :p

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

Aim ahead of the ship when using mortars so you have a better chance of hitting. As for fire barrels, I've only used them when I'm able to get the rear of my ship close to the enemy's hull, and the only time that's been vital has been against El Impoluto. Other times I just use them to deter hunters.

To get materials, you can raise your wanted level so higher class ships will try to hunt you. They appear to have set amounts of materials so it's a reliable method of getting them.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

Finally got a game for my Xbox One. this was it.

Loved the AC series until the boats got involved. Spoke to the guy at GAME and he said most of this was on land like it used to be. Hope hes right!

• Daz likes this

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

Loved the AC series until the boats got involved. Spoke to the guy at GAME and he said most of this was on land like it used to be. Hope hes right!

There are lots of ship missions,more on land though. I think it's cool but it's not really AC anymore.
  • Waddy likes this

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:09 AM

There are lots of ship missions,more on land though. I think it's cool but it's not really AC anymore.

That was my worry to be honest.

After brotherhood, it went down hill.

I only played the start of black flag and was encouraged by the similar controls to the older games.

Rewas
  • Rewas

To Derp or not to Derp....

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    3rd Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:13 AM Edited by Rewas514, 13 March 2014 - 08:14 AM.

I wish they could just make a big discount in upcoming Steam Spring Sale, so I could finally buy this game. I've missed playing Assassin's Creed.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

I wish they could just make a big discount in upcoming Steam Spring Sale, so I could finally buy this game. I've missed playing Assassin's Creed.

Probably one of my favourite game series after GTA and Half Life. That why I was disappointed when I played the first ship one. I think i quit the game after a 3rd of the way through.

• Rewas likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

I really liked AC IV. Yes some of the missions do take part aboard the ship but I kind of liked the fact that they changed AC abit for this game as all the previous games have been on land. That being said alot of the missions are still on land, I personally think that they got the right mix of land and ship missions.

Johan
  • Johan

Brb

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:26 PM

Definitely the right choice to wait for it to go cheaper, I've had this game since mid December and I don't remember touching it more than 3 times.. looks good and all but I just can't get into the series anymore, especially after what AC3 had to offer with all the hype it was getting.

• Rewas likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:30 AM

game looks great on ps4

Radius95
  • Radius95

Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

game looks great on ps4

I had it on ps3, now im going to buy a ps4, is it worth buying again for the ps4? I looked at graphics comparisons and I did not see a lot of diffrence between the two versions.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:19 PM

Where is the thread on unity?

I bought every single assassins creed on release. Damn I remember when I first got ac2 I loved it soo much. Ac brotherhood a game I loved over time now its as good as ac2 to me. Revelations was not as good as the previous 2 but I still liked it

Then ac3 came along and it looked fantastic, one problem though is that it absolutly SUCKED. f*cking hated the story, gameplay, charecters, dialouge, setting and atmosphere.

That is not the reason I never brought ac4 though. Ac4 main theme is ships and for me it was the most annoing thing in ac3. So I will never buy ac4.

But im very much intrugued by ac unity

*Not spell checked, cant be bothered*

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

You missed out on a great game with ACIV. Unity is looking amazing though. I already preordered mine

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

That is not the reason I never brought ac4 though. Ac4 main theme is ships and for me it was the most annoing thing in ac3. So I will never buy ac4.

Big mistake. It's a remarkable game.

• Jvaz615 likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:18 PM

game looks great on ps4

I had it on ps3, now im going to buy a ps4, is it worth buying again for the ps4? I looked at graphics comparisons and I did not see a lot of diffrence between the two versions.

ps3 is low, ps4 is med/high. there are more effects and things happening on screen

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:04 PM Edited by OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick, 18 August 2014 - 10:08 PM.

Forgive me, as I'm about to rant on how horrible this game is.

I was really excited to play both AC3 and ACIV when they were both about to come out. I'll give it to Ubisoft, they always make the AC trailers really bad ass. But, both times, I have been massively disappointed and bored with both games. AC3 was OK (yes the ending was BS), while ACIV is downright horrible.

1. Both games have been a buggy and glicthy mess. Just played ACIV yesterday and I've been playing the game for a while and about halfway through the story. When I was playing yesterday, during all of the cut scenes, NONE of the dialogue was working. I could hear the background noises/ambiance in the cut scenes, but none of the dialogue was audible. I just saw a bunch of mouths moving and that's it. So, great. Now I don't even know what's going on in the game. I shut the Xbox off and turned the game back on, only to see it's still wasn't working. I haven't played yet today, but I'm going to be pissed if it's still like that. Remember, I've been playing ACIV several times over the months and this never happened to me. I've also encountered my crew mates suddenly flying off the ship and dropping into the water while I'm out at sea. And then hundreds of other bugs/glitches I won't address. Patch up your f*cking game Ubisoft.

2. Naval combat - OMFG, don't even get me started how frustrating and annoying this is. I can't tell you how many times I would be in a battle with another ship, aim my cannons to hit the ship, only for some of those cannons to hit a DIFFERENT ship and then before you know it, I'm battling two brigs now and getting my ass kicked and then I die and have to start over. So f*cking annoying. Also a lot of times I would want to use a certain weapon, only for the game to think I'm trying to use a different weapon. "NO! I'M NOT TRYING TO USE THE CANNONS, I WANT TO USE THE FIRE BARRELS!". They seriously need to make a much more easier way to use all your weapons on the ship. Way too much room for error. Also the whole "restricted waters" and avoiding ships field of vision is really annoying. Also, not being able to fast travel to your next mission unless you've already been to that area is an awful idea. I can't tell you how UNFUN it is to be going across the sea for 20 minutes only just so you can get to your next mission. There is absolutely nothing fun about it. It almost feels like the longest loading screen ever. Also, the fact that there needs to be a loading screen, just to go "back out to sea" is also annoying. This is next generation, you should just be able to sail out of a city and back into the sea with no loading screens.

3. Repetitive missions. I can't f*cking tell you how many times I've had to eavesdrop or tail someone in this game. SO f*ckING UNORIGINAL. I'm so f*cking tired of doing the same sh*t in all of these missions. None of these missions were actual real fun for me. Just a pain in the ass to get through.

4. Frustrating controls - I can't tell you how many times I wanted Edward to do something or go somewhere, only for him to do something completely different. Like if I want to run forward, but instead, he starts climbing up something. Situations like that happens numerous times.

5. Modern missions - Again, I'm only about 61 percent done with the main story, but yet again, the main missions are boring and really pulls you out of the story. I don't want to be a f*cking random IT worker doing someone else's jobs. I want to go back to my f*cking game.

6. None of this game felt like an AC game at all. It seriously just felt like a Pirate simulator game.

The only positives I can think of were...

1. Voice acting was spot on and well done
2. Setting and era is very interesting

3. There is a sh*t load of things you can do in the game. Probably take tens and tens, maybe hundreds, of hours to 100 percent the game.

Too bad the gameplay completely ruined all of that though. Definitely the worst game in my collection and I HAVE NO IDEA how this game got high scores and how people think this was one of the best AC games ever.

I'm going to buy Unity though. Yet again, for the third f*cking time, I'm excited to play an AC game. But... if I'm let down with this AC game, then I am done with this franchise. I have high hopes for Unity though. Completely current generation game, so it won't be restricted by last generation. Seems to be no naval combat which is the greatest positive for this game. It also seems like it's going back to the old AC games with the setting, era, atmosphere, etc.

• InfernoV likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:14 AM

sounds like you just suck dick at this game.

AC Black Flag was met with near universal acclaim and most of the people who hated AC3 said that AC4 revived their hope in the series.

• chatD4VIS-360 and Jvaz615 like this

Rewas
  • Rewas

To Derp or not to Derp....

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    3rd Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:19 AM

I was so looking forward to play this game, but then I realized my pc can't really handle the game well. I can only play for first 15 minutes until major lag starts. Ubi should've made render distance option and more graphics options then maybe it would work well on my computer. I barely win multiplayer matches.

I guess I'll wait until I get a better computer.

J-B
  • J-B

One Man Crusader

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:17 AM

Game is great. It's everything I wanted in a pirate game. The thing that surprised me was that the stealth sections of the game are far superior to AC III.

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:35 AM

I've had AC 4 for quite a while now and never encountered any bugs. Sorry you feel disappointed but the majority seems to agree that Black Flag was an amazing game. The issues you have with naval combat seem to be user related, not game related.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

<snip>

I agree with you about the modern day missions .They were lame. I don't care about them now Desmond's gone. They literally ripped out that entire dynamic after R/III. It's to the point that I don't give a monkey's about that now. I just want the in-animus gameplay. They need to make it gripping again.

Your other points - Naval warfare: I never had a problem with this , not once I'd got used to it. At first I got my ass handed to me by a Schooner. Midway through I was taking on Frigates with minimal upgrades. I wonder if you're even aiming, or just quick-firing?

Repetitive missions - I have yet to play a single game that doesn't have these. Ever. From GTA III to RDR, Batman or Saints row. They all have this issue.

AC, though, feels more like it's gone back to its routes with these "eavesdropping" missions. Think they're bad, go play the first game, and do all the pre-assassination missions.....

Your audio:
This was a problem with ACII's DLC. It was never fixed. I have not seen this is BF, though. Not once. Does it do it with other games? If not, try uninstalling (if you've got it installed) and running from disc, reinstalling etc. Also, and i know it sounds retarded, but check your connections. I sometimes experiance this sort of problem when my audio cable's loose (I have my TV out leading into speakers/subwoofer. The cable sometimes loosens itself and causes (weirdly) some audio to be lost. Not just a channel but usually speech....

BF was the gem of gaming last year. I was "meh" leading up to it. Really looked forward to ACIII and turned out to be pretty lame imo. Thought BF looked good but was unsure.
Was extremely fun, on a par with II/B/R imo, though different enough to struggle to compare them.

• HaythamKenway likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

The Man Who Sold the World

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

@Mokrie Dela

I'm glad I'm not the only one who misses Desmond. People kept calling him a bland puppet, but he has really grown on me. The supporting cast from II onwards and brilliant "Desmond's memories" sections in Revelations really helped, but he has evolved into a character in his own right, especially in Rev and III. It would have been interesting to see where they'd take the character, if they didn't go all "Hey! We can pull off the same things as RDR! Except we totally don't and Desmond's death is utterly cliched, pointless waste."

And it also seems to me that comforting the fans also had a big role in their decision on what to do with Desmond. It doesn't seem like they have any plan what to do in the present day anymore. They may have had one, but with Desmond as the lead, and now when that is out of the window, they have to grasp at straws. Apparently, the present day protagonist in Unity is not even the Abstergo employee from IV. Wonder what will happen to that plotline then. Rogue, perhaps?

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:44 AM

It'll probably just fizzle out.

The connecting of the present day story in 1, II, B & R was done well. It wasn't at the forefront, but it was a solid subplot. I really liked Lucy, (probably because of who voiced her ;)) and Shaun was pure sarcastic brilliance (I was skeptical when I met him and thought "is that..." - checking imdb confirmed it was and i thought "wtf is he doing in this game" but it worked really well.). Subject 16 was good in R, and when it came to III, I liked the dynamic between desmond and his dad. Desmond had a lot of potential that was wasted. And  there's the storyline with minerva which im sure unity will tie up (by tie up i mean push forward and leave on another "cliffhanger")

No need to kill off desmond (perhaps Nolan North simply wanted out, so he went to saints row instead) imo, but if they did that they'd have to follow him up with another character. Why not a female (let's not get into Ubi's response to that)? The modern day missions in IV were pure cack. That "crossing the road" minigame was annoying. And it was all for nothing. There was no interesting storyline, no climax or conflict, just wandering. At least in the first game there was that element of mystery and evil. 

It's a shame they killed Desmond because I'd like to see him brought back. I liked how we lived the games through his eyes. In IV, we didn't, it felt like we were playing that game ourselves, there was no point to the modern day crap this time around.

I suspect Rogue will be more of the same. I'd rather just the historic setting than have another bland, boring, character-less present day story.
I'd settle for a new recruit working with Shaun and Rebecca (maybe desmond's dad, too?). It'd be a nice way to start the game - to desmond, he'd know everything but a new guy would be new to it, so it'd be a good excuse for the usual tutorial messages. Plus we'd get that back and forth with shaun and rebecca - something I loved in AC II/R - even though it broke the immersion with this historic setting (which was quickly restored), it strengthened the immersion with the present day. That needs to return imo

Another problem (and III had this the most) was how awesome a character Ezio was. One of the strongest I've ever played as, and RCS did a great job with the voice actor (play II and his voice is quite high pitched and nasally. At the end of R, he's gruff and deep). Going from that to anything else is gonna be a shock and no way can a newer character live up to Ezio. That was one of the main problems with III and connor (didn't help that he had that name and was a poor character anyway)

Edward Kenway, while not as strong as Ezio, was a good character. An antihero, almost, but that's what Rogue excites me over - being the bad guy. TBH I'd like the admittance that the Assassins werent good guys (historically, they were really not nice), and playing as a pirate who stole and fought ships was great. I'm looking forward to finally not getting game over for killing innocents. I'm interested to see how Ubi take the modern day story, too, but it needs the mystery and "wtf-factor" that 1,2 and b had, plus as i mentioned above.... I won't hold my breath, though.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

The Man Who Sold the World

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:53 AM Edited by SFPD officer, 20 August 2014 - 10:29 AM.

Edward was a fantastic protagonist. I, too, enjoyed that he was a selfish, greedy bastard that just messes things up for everyone and the endgame wasn't some glorious quest against bad guys trying to take over the world, but just Edward trying to fix the mistakes he made throughout the story. He wasn't some larger-than-life hero like Altair or Ezio. He wasn't a commited man of the people like Connor. He was an ordinary guy, with extraordinary talents, who got caught up in a fight between ideologies he didn't believe in and tried to make the most out of it. He wasn't a character to root for, but that made him so much more interesting. And other pirates were written just as well. IV really shined in this regard.

I'm really excited for Rogue too. Seeing things from a Templar perspective for once should be interesting and it seems to me that Shay may not end up being a Templar through and through. After all, in the teaser we see him throwing the Templar sword away, sheating the hidden blade and using his own weapon to kill the assassin (aside from the practical precaution to not get into close proximity of an assassin), along with the words "I follow my own creed." which leads me to suspect things might end up being just as muddled as they were in III and IV. What if he'll be just a revenge-obsessed manipulator, who'll play the Templar role just to get the power to do what he wants?

And another little thing I really like that shows just how much the Templar perspective changes things; in II, Brohood and Revelations, we help thieves, mercenaries and courtesans. But the fact that they are essentially criminals is masked away from us by having them controlled by the Assassins, thus making them good guys by default. In Rogue, Assassins are once again working with criminals, but this time, they are just called gangs by the game itself and Shay is supposed to take them down and clean up the city. In II, criminals are heroic fighters against the corrupt government. In Rogue they are a scourge of the society and we are supposed to purge them. I'm looking forward to these little paradoxes Rogue's different world view will bring.

And yeah, the fact that there is naval gameplay would make Rogue a must-have for me anyway. Seriously, even if I had a next-gen console, and I was forced to pick just one AC game this year, I'd still pick Rogue over Unity.

Edit: Changed my sig and avatar to correspond my hype. F*ck yeah.

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

Nice to see some people sharing my excitement for the next AC games.

I think they planned to kill Desmond all along. They love doing things in sets. The Ezio trilogy. The Kenway saga. 3 was the end of the Desmond story. Rogue will be the end of the Kenway story and Unity will begin a brand new chapter. Luckily, I will be getting both games ao I have lots of AC to play. Rogue is looking brilliant. Finally seeing things from the other side. And naval combat. Unity just looks beautiful and Arno sounds like a solid protag

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

I'm not fussed about unity. I love the co op - thats what i want from MP, not deathmatches. But Rogue is appealing to me. Not quite evolved into full hype yet, but i f*cking loved the snow from III - about the only bit i loved tbh. Using it as cover, though it never worked, was a good idea too. Unity doesn't interest me because I have one friend that plays AC and chances are i'll get a PS4 not a xbox like he's got.

I was discussing with him about stories and how one person's hero is another's villain. Take Bruce WIllis/Samual L Jackson in Unbreakable. Jackson's perceived as a bad guy, but his final scene where his motives are revealed changes that perspective to me.

Historically, Assassins were bad. They practically invented terrorism. The Templars were supposedly an honorable extension of the church. I wonder if Ubisoft have the balls to show this in Rogue - show that the Templars are not the bad guys after all. Abstergo could be a (excuse the pun) rogue element of templars (did they really seem that bad in IV'd modern day "story"? Seemed like a decent place to work to me) but the Templars could, in fact, be shown as pretty honorable. The Assassin's sneak around and kill - practically every problem in any AC game is solved by "kill someone"

Viddic in the first game raises a valuable point when he talks about cleaning sh*t up or something (it's been a while, but it's hinted at). Could Rogue build on BF's precedent and go all out and flip it all around?

I like the idea of Shay being his own. Maybe he plays both sides off against eachother.

Although I tell you what I think we need - a modern day game - full game. The culmination of Minerva's "escape" or whatever the hell happened in III (seriously, I don't actually know! haha) and what have you. A modern day AC in a modern city, perhaps even with vehicles (an expansion on AC, II, B & III's horses) etc. Mind you half of AC's appeal is the historical aspect, and that'd be lost in that case, so perhaps not. Still, I find myself still wanting a game in Japan - the age of the samarai. it's perfect for AC - free running, swords, fighting and stealth....

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:38 AM Edited by Jvaz615, 21 August 2014 - 03:40 AM.

Wasn't it Juno that escaped? Either way, I think it will play a part in the series again. I read an interview where a dev basically said that they don't wanna portray the templars as the "villains". They said that the templars and assassins both think they are doing the right thing. I think thats why we are getting Rogue. They wanna show us that the templars aren't the villains. Also, Japan is definitely on their to do list. In Black Flag, in the emails from Garneau, it mentions eras that could be used from Desmonds DNA and Japan is mentioned along with the french revolution which we are getting in unity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users