Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

834 replies to this topic
rudy
  • rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:36 AM

The Legendary ships are too f*cking hard for me to fight. Those two Man o Wars at the top right of the map, literally have Warp drives and freaking Nova cannons. Oh, and they're made of goddamn adamantium.

How long does it take for you to sink one?

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:11 AM Edited by Adler, 12 December 2013 - 04:12 AM.

^ I noped out of that fight when I first ventured out there to see what was a legendary ship was. Turns out there were two, yeah no thanks.

The only legendary ship I sunk was the Ghost Ship. All it took was maneuvering my ship to the rear of the enemy, cannons pointed at their rear, and several volleys and swivels later, it was sunk. Shame I didn't get to board it... I was expecting ghost pirates... or pirate ghosts.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

best strategy for Legendary is getting behind them.

start by pelting them with mortar fire from maximum range and continue while rushing towards at medium speed. when you're too close for mortars fire 1 or 2 shots of chain from the front. as you're about to ram, pull off and veer to one side or the other. fire a point-blank broadside of heavy shot right into their guts and immediately hold down your swivel gun button for a full 5-6 shot blast of weak spots that were opened up.

as you're doing this be sure to crank the wheel back towards the ship, you should be near the rear and coming around.

your initial chains from the front will have prevented her from reacting as you turn Jackdaw around so that you're facing her rear end. now you just unload chain shot and start ramming. won't be long now. you just repeat the chain / ram from behind. Legendary ships can turn faster than you, but when they start turning left - for instance - you just turn right and blast them will a full broadside. or if they turn right, you turn left.

remember chain shot causes a ship to lose control of its sails and they won't return fire for a few moments.

chain seems weak but it's actually key to defeating the largest ships in the game.

• rudy likes this

burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

Do trade missions ever end? Because I've done Diplomacy I and II a few times, and thought once they were completed they'd go away? Also whats the fastest way to get gem stones, because I keep taking damage to my fleet and never know do ships need to be repaired continuously or ever once and a while?

tubby custardd
  • tubby custardd

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

Yep first time I encountered the legendary ships I tailed my ass out of there.

I can't upgrade my ship because it costs so much money, I'm finding it hard to build up money and I've completely explored most of the islands so it looks like I'll be farming ship battles for a long time.

Like you need 40 thousand to do one upgrade at your hideout mansion thing that you never even go to except a mission!

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:14 PM Edited by El_Diablo, 12 December 2013 - 11:15 PM.

I can't upgrade my ship because it costs so much money, I'm finding it hard to build up money and I've completely explored most of the islands so it looks like I'll be farming ship battles for a long time.

Like you need 40 thousand to do one upgrade at your hideout mansion thing that you never even go to except a mission!

it's really easy to make money using the Kenway Fleet missions.

if you're playing offline and cannot access the Fleet missions, it's still pretty easy to make a lot of money by just farming Man O' Wars.

just travel around the far South part of the map in the Hard zones.

keep destroying Man O Wars over and over. don't waste time on anything less. you don't even need to board them, that slows you down, just destroy them and collect whatever money / loot falls into the ocean. it won't be as much as if you boarded, but boarding takes so long. don't lower your wanted level either. keep slaughtering Man O Wars and Pirate Hunters.

if you just do that for about 20 minutes straight, you'll easily make 25-40k R or more.

especially if you sell the materials you don't need. you always sell Rum and Sugar of course, but hey, if you don't really need Silk at the moment, sell it all too. it should take less than hour to make over 100,000 R if you just keep hunting Man O Wars.

• Mister Pink likes this

tubby custardd
  • tubby custardd

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

it's really easy to make money using the Kenway Fleet missions.
if you're playing offline and cannot access the Fleet missions, it's still pretty easy to make a lot of money by just farming Man O' Wars.

just travel around the far South part of the map in the Hard zones.
keep destroying Man O Wars over and over. don't waste time on anything less. you don't even need to board them, that slows you down, just destroy them and collect whatever money / loot falls into the ocean. it won't be as much as if you boarded, but boarding takes so long. don't lower your wanted level either. keep slaughtering Man O Wars and Pirate Hunters.

if you just do that for about 20 minutes straight, you'll easily make 25-40k R or more.
especially if you sell the materials you don't need. you always sell Rum and Sugar of course, but hey, if you don't really need Silk at the moment, sell it all too. it should take less than hour to make over 100,000 R if you just keep hunting Man O Wars.

Ah sweet I'm gonna try this thanks :)

Yeah I'm not playing online atm my wireless adapter packed up so not gonna bother until I go next gen.

Hardcore Savage
  • Hardcore Savage

Realest nigga on the forum tho

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

The Legendary ships are too f*cking hard for me to fight. Those two Man o Wars at the top right of the map, literally have Warp drives and freaking Nova cannons. Oh, and they're made of goddamn adamantium.

Same here. 2 f*cking ships... And both of them are damn near invincible. I'm going to modify the Jackdaw as much as I can before I do that sh*t again.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:22 AM

Just bought it a few days ago for the PS4.

So far I am very impressed, a lot better than ass creed 2.

tubby custardd
  • tubby custardd

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

Ass creed 2 was the best one before this one.

Arse creed 3 was the crappy one

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:35 PM

Same...expect I picked it up for X1.

My question is;  Are they packing too much into this game?  I don't remember there being such a RPG element in the previous games.  Keep in mind I only played III and a little bit of II(when they offered it free for 360 recently).

Is there too much to do in this game?  I almost feel that there is too much they expect the player to do.  In a way that makes me feel slightly removed from the single player story line.

Don't get me wrong though.  I'm loving this game.  

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

So how are you guys/girls finding the game on the PS3/360? Bought this for the PS3 been as I won't be getting a PS4 until next year and by then Assassins Creed V will be out. Should be delivered tomorrow. :beerhat:

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

Those are the easiest legendary ships to defeat. Kept using heavy shot and I took em' both down within two minutes.

I have sunk all of the legendaries, but the one near Florida, on the north west of the map, was the most difficult for me. The Spaniards keep on attempting to ram the jackdaw, so I had to upgrade it with the elite cannons and elite hull. Took me at least 5 attempts even after upgrading to sink it.

@wwinterj The game is very good, with lots of things to do, such as finding treasures and elite upgrades, but the amount of collectibles is too damn high!

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

The Spaniards keep on attempting to ram the jackdaw, so I had to upgrade it with the elite cannons and elite hull. Took me at least 5 attempts even after upgrading to sink it.

oh yeah. you HAVE to upgrade.

you should never try a Legendary ship if Jackdaw is anything less than 95% upgraded.

I didn't do any of the Legendary ships until my own was decked out with elite hull armor, elite broadside, elite heavy shot, elite mortar, and elite swivel guns.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:52 AM Edited by buzbegone, 18 December 2013 - 02:52 AM.

I was wondering early on why there was no fire shot for my ship, but not on the other ships. Late in the game, I realized you gotta tap R1/RB to let fly the fire. I mainly used that to destroy the legendary ships.

While fighting the two legendary ships, be sure to take them down equally. Don't sink one and think it'll be easier, it gets much harder.  The remaining ship WILL constantly ram you and deal out massive damage losses to the Jackdaw.

Anyone bought Freedom Cry yet?

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:39 AM

So how are you guys/girls finding the game on the PS3/360? Bought this for the PS3 been as I won't be getting a PS4 until next year and by then Assassins Creed V will be out. Should be delivered tomorrow. :beerhat:

I'm only 20%, but I'm loving it so far :D It's better than I expected. I was kind of bored with the AC series but decided to get it anyways, and I don't regret it :)

• Rewas likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:23 AM

Has anyone played around in multi player? I did the tutorial deals and then just hit quick game. I had no idea what the f*ck was going on and it seemed nothing like the tutorials.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

Has anyone played around in multi player? I did the tutorial deals and then just hit quick game. I had no idea what the f*ck was going on and it seemed nothing like the tutorials.

Yeah I played it once and realised it's still a pile of sh*t and hasn't changed since Assassins creed 2 first introduced multiplayer.

Never touching that crap again.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:59 AM Edited by Xerukal, 20 December 2013 - 11:00 AM.

Yeah I played it once and realised it's still a pile of sh*t and hasn't changed since Assassins creed 2 first introduced multiplayer.

Never touching that crap again.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood introduced multiplayer. Not Assassin's Creed II. 

The multiplayer itself is great. It's just that its core concept and gameplay have been polluted by too much crammed-in bullsh*t. A result of them not knowing how to innovate, I guess. Just drown the progression with new abilities. The balancing is the worst in the series, also. Prestige level 10s and 20s that are in pre-made clan/guild groups get paired up against newbies, and so on. 

I've been a huge fan of the Multiplayer since Brotherhood, and have quite a bit of history with it. It's sad to see it so unbalanced and stale. I do hope they take the time to add new things to it in the next instalment. Although, to be honest, Assassin's Creed is about the singleplayer. The Multiplayer is just... there. 

It's a nice, original multiplayer mode, though. One of the few where patience and actually acting like an assassin matters. 

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:02 AM

AC isn't really a multiplayer game to be honest. AC has always shone only in SP.

Hardcore Savage
  • Hardcore Savage

Realest nigga on the forum tho

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:20 AM

The multiplayer is absolute garbage. They need to erase that sh*t and try something else. I would prefer if they just allowed another player to enter your Single Player game, like Watch Dogs is supposed to be.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:29 AM

I find the multiplayer really good.

Although, it has gone to sh*t after Brotherhood:

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

I don't know how the multiplayer in Black Flag is, but I think it was pretty good in Brotherhood. Me and my friends had a lot of fun playing it when we were drunk, haha. Looking forward to checking out multiplayer on Black Flag :D

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

Hey, I stayed out of this topic until I completed AC IV. (Decided to wait and buy it when I got my PS4) Anyway, I still had a few questions and was wondering what your thoughts where about certain aspects.

Ok so in terms of ranking AC IV against the other AC games I would say:

1. AC IV

2. AC II

3. AC Brotherhood

4. AC

5. AC Revelations

6. AC III

I still have a few questions and opinions about the story and game though. (Will contain spoilers)

Spoiler

Overall I love AC IV and have been a huge fan of the series since I first played AC II then I had to go back and play AC I and have loved the story so far, although after every game it seems that they explain alot of things outside of the game in various books and animated movies etc, which is a little annoying but something I guess i've learned to put up with.

• CatDog96 likes this

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:07 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 29 December 2013 - 08:08 AM.

Im kind of a shame to the AC franchise because I sadly never finished any of them.The games are great and the story is great, but I get little turned away due to the historic feeling it has, I don't know why. It just happens.

But I think I might actually finish this one. I like the game, and it seems to interest me more than the others. 

I played all of them a bit, just never finished. It feels very different and simplified from the other games in the series. It obviously keeps to its roots for the most part, but I find the game really entertaining, especially with the pirate ship battles.

I have the PS3/PS4 version, I paid the extra $10 to play the ps4 version with the ps3 disc

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

Im kind of a shame to the AC franchise because I sadly never finished any of them.The games are great and the story is great, but I get little turned away due to the historic feeling it has, I don't know why. It just happens.

But I think I might actually finish this one. I like the game, and it seems to interest me more than the others. 

I played all of them a bit, just never finished. It feels very different and simplified from the other games in the series. It obviously keeps to its roots for the most part, but I find the game really entertaining, especially with the pirate ship battles.

I have the PS3/PS4 version, I paid the extra $10 to play the ps4 version with the ps3 disc

I like how they combine fiction with historic reality, and for me  I like AC IV the most like I have previoulsy stated, although it is quite different from the previous games in the series. It does keep its core like you said but I think they changed it at the right time as after AC III I think people where started to get a little tired of the formula which they had used from the original AC.

Personally I think they nailed the setting, the characters and the gameplay/feel of this game which they didn't do with AC III. I dont mind AC III but it definetly didn't live up to the hype whereas AC IV was underhyped.

Ivars
  • Ivars

HiiiPoWeR

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by Ivars, 29 December 2013 - 03:36 PM.

Today finally finished this game, and I got to say it was best AC I've ever played, 2nd is AC Bhood.. It was interesting enough to finish, nothing like others (Find-kill, find-kill)  ACIV could actually be great as brand new game - not assasins, templars based.

Death of main characters also gave great emotional aspect to the game.

ACAngus
  • ACAngus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

Okay GTAforums so I have a bit of a problem. I bought the PS3 version which came with a code that let you upgrade to the PS4 version, the problem is I got an X1. So if anyone would like to trade for my PS4 upgrade code with their X1 upgrade code or even just lend me if you don't need it it would mean a lot as I don't really want to spend another 60$! Over PM of course.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

Okay GTAforums so I have a bit of a problem. I bought the PS3 version which came with a code that let you upgrade to the PS4 version, the problem is I got an X1. So if anyone would like to trade for my PS4 upgrade code with their X1 upgrade code or even just lend me if you don't need it it would mean a lot as I don't really want to spend another 60$! Over PM of course.

Unfortunately it won't work, Since you need the original disc (PS3) to authenticate and PS3 discs won't work on X1.

ACAngus
  • ACAngus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

Unfortunately it won't work, Since you need the original disc (PS3) to authenticate and PS3 discs won't work on X1.

Oh ya I forgot about that. Well thanks anyway! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users