Photo

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

825 replies to this topic
pilot1
  • pilot1

R to the M

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (FranklinDeRoosevelt @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 21:16)
Well well well. What can I say? The AC isn't very cool any more is it?

I read this in Cartmans voice.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (pilot1 @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 22:13)
QUOTE (FranklinDeRoosevelt @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 21:16)
Well well well. What can I say? The AC isn't very cool any more is it?

I read this in Cartmans voice.

LMAO.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Another 10 minute gameplay video released yesterday. More stuff like a bit of exploration, stealth combat and sailing, although we get to see some of the deep sea diving and some whaling. 

Edit: Guess you can't embed Youtube links yet.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=k7_Q10EMg0Y

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

Another 10 minute gameplay video released yesterday. More stuff like a bit of exploration, stealth combat and sailing, although we get to see some of the deep sea diving and some whaling. 

The world is gorgeous. I want to live there.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

I don't want to watch anymore of Ubisoft's videos. They overdo their marketing campaign to such an extent, that I feel like there's nothing left for me to discover on my own when I finally get to play the damn game.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

You're really hyped for this then eh Seddo? What excites you the most?

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:54 AM Edited by El_Diablo, 07 September 2013 - 04:54 AM.

it just looks like a great game.

the final score will come after I've been able to play it.

but everything we've seen so far is pretty exciting in general. it's an open world pirate RPG. what's not to love?

at least they're trying.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

You're really hyped for this then eh Seddo? What excites you the most?

I'm looking forward to it but i wouldn't say i'm overly hyped, don't think i'll be getting it straight away anyway. I just think being able to play on a new console gives it an extra little buzz. I just like the fact that it's a pirate themed game and that we have a pure open world to explore on land and sea without the loading screens like previous titles.

The only little downside which AC3 also had will be the lack of massive buildings to climb like in Acre and Rome. I pretty much spent the majority of my game time in AC3 on ground level which was the complete opposite in the AC2 trilogy.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

That Vita game, Assassin's Creed Liberation, is getting an HD release on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. Release date and price are not yet announced though. But I'm excited.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

I was actually getting tired of the Assassins Creed Series and wasn't really looking forward to Black Flag, especially after AC3, but now the game looks pretty amazing. Actually looks like it might be the best AC so far imo... maybe...

World looks amazing, naval combat looks awesome, pirates... I'm sold :)

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

So AC IV is now going to be a worldwide release for PS3 and X360 on October 29. Pretty cool. Must say that when this was first announced I was very 'meh' but now as it draws close I'm actually getting a bit pumped. Here's hoping it doesn't let us down.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

Got it early. This game is straight ass. Worth renting, but don't buy it. You're practically flushing your money down the toilet.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

Got it early. This game is straight ass. Worth renting, but don't buy it. You're practically flushing your money down the toilet.

No one is really going to take you seriously unless you give a reason behind why you find it so bad.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

Well, honestly, I don't even expect anyone to believe that I have it. And I really don't care.

The main problem I have with it is that it's the same old sh*t from AC3 in a new environment.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

Well, honestly, I don't even expect anyone to believe that I have it. And I really don't care.

The main problem I have with it is that it's the same old sh*t from AC3 in a new environment.

ugh... :sui:

please don't reply if you have nothing to say.

you can't prove that you have the game and your "review" doesn't sound very convincing. you didn't give a single example of anything.

I call bullsh*t

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:33 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 28 October 2013 - 01:34 PM.

you can't prove that you have the game and your "review" doesn't sound very convincing. you didn't give a single example of anything.

I call bullsh*t

I don't believe he has the game, but in all honesty, it does look just like AC3, in a new environment, with more emphasis on naval warfare. Actually doesn't look good to me at all.

EDIT: Definitely not something i'll be buying for PS3 or PS4, at least on the PS4 the draw distance won't be as atrocious as AC3 on the PS3.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:05 PM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 28 October 2013 - 08:08 PM.

I call bullsh*t

:sui:

I'm not giving a review. Just my final verdict after beating it. I'm officially done with the AC franchise. I knew the game was going to be like this, but not THIS freaking terrible... AC3 all over again

RICHIECOQUI
  • RICHIECOQUI

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

Mine just been shipped to me I should get it around Wednesday! :pirate: 

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:15 AM

I'm not giving a review. Just my final verdict after beating it. I'm officially done with the AC franchise. I knew the game was going to be like this, but not THIS freaking terrible... AC3 all over again

sounds like a whole lotta' bullsh*t to me

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

Have had this preordered for awhile (paid off). After AC3s ending I'm just not very excited about this one. Will be playing it here and there between GTAO sessions.

While this one doesn't look promising to me I'm still excited to play it. I just love the gameplay and story telling in the series. I'm holding out hope it will impress me. Has a better shot to impress when I have low expectations anyway.

Honestly, I'm more looking forward to playing Assassin's Creed Liberation HD though.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

According to the most of the reviews,The story is very underwhelming.

Will wait for the inevitable PS+ or games with gold promotion for free.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

LOL...I know HAVE to get AC4. Before I wasn't even interested in it before.

Why? The New DLC Freedom Cry!

Its going to take place when the Haitian Revolution is about to begin and when the slave rebellion  Saint Domingue(Haiti)! Me being part Haitian descent makes me exicted,  because I've been waiting the for Haitian Revolution to be implemented in either a video game or movie and now its in one of them. The Haitian Revoultion was like the most VIOLENT and successful revolution in the new world. Cant wait, a game/DLC about  a slave uprising? Now thats badass. Also since seeing Freedom Cry, I got more interested in AC4. 

I know I am going to get A LOT of hate from saying this, but I think the exploration looks much better than in V especially the underwater. This game also looks like a massive improvement compared to the disaster known as AC3. :sui: 

After AC3 I thought I would be down with the AC series, but I have to get Freedom Crys...I just have to...And the protagonist is African from Nigeria(I know Nigeria didnt exist back then). He's a Yoruba.  :p 

• GTAhole likes this

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:33 PM Edited by buzbegone, 29 October 2013 - 01:37 PM.

I know I am going to get A LOT of hate from saying this, but I think the exploration looks much better than in V especially the underwater. This game also looks like a massive improvement compared to the disaster known as AC3. :sui:

There's a lot more underwater area in V, so take that into account.

After finishing this game, I really felt like wanting to go back to AC3. They really fleshed out the naval combat but I felt it dominated the story; give me land any day. The present day felt weak, a slow-moving first person who voluntarily enters Abstergo's 'Animus Experience'. I was hoping for

Spoiler
You do meet up with a couple of familar faces who obviously haven't given up the 'good fight' but their role is fairly minimal.

All the release-day DLC has felt very tacky, with rewards peaking at cosmetics, The greatest reward I found was a black sail for the Jackdaw (which should've already been in-game). If you're hoping to get the DLC to have access to powerful weapons, you won't. No DLC sword or pistol stats overtake the most powerful ones in the base game. You'll spend two hours trawling for these 'bonuses' found in a couple new locations which they could've just as easily added without this unecessary treasure hunt.

As I have a PS3, I was greeted with three extraordinarily brief missions starring Aveline from Liberation. While this fun romp very much stretches the 'one hour of exclusive gameplay' promised, it's interesting through a fresh set of eyes. It begins a little after the events of AC3 with a fully-narrated letter to Aveline from Connor, which really took me on a nostalgia trip and wanted me to replay last year's hit for the third time. Not an exceptional bit of DLC but interesting and unexpected nonetheless.

All in all, I felt more invested with AC3's storyline compared to Black Flag. The game mechanics are great but I think they've gone as far as they need to go with it and need to concentrate on the storyline.

+2c

roostersrule2
  • roostersrule2

I'm Batman

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

The game is awesome, stealth is f*cking amazing. The naval is much improved over AC3's. Just to give it a better scale I give AC3 a 7, GTA V a 10 and AC4 a 9.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

I'm a PC gamer and I'm still waiting for the PC version, but I've seen a lot of reviews and friend opinions and...

I am so happy that Black Flag is doing well. AC3 was really, seriously mixed for a lot of people, and a bit of a mess. Seeing an AC game actually get positive light is so refreshing to me, as a long-time AC fan. I guess It's just that almost fanboyish-like pride to see a series I love soar high once again.

Can't wait to play it. Gonna get me back into the AC universe as well as help me take my mind off of GTA V and the wait for the PC version. 

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

@buzbegone

Thanks for the review man! Really detailed. I am hearing people are liking AC4 much more than AC3. I keep hearing the story is not that good, but the gameplay is AMAZING. Even though you felt you really didn't enjoy AC4, your review was still good.

• buzbegone likes this

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if many people claimed it as the best Assassin's Creed game in the series.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:27 AM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 30 October 2013 - 12:28 AM.

So I'm the only one that thinks the game is AC3 with small improvements? Damn... I mean, seriously, they didn't even change the way Edward walks.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. Because I seriously don't think this is worth more than a 7.5/10

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

So I'm the only one that thinks the game is AC3 with small improvements? Damn... I mean, seriously, they didn't even change the way Edward walks.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. Because I seriously don't think this is worth more than a 7.5/10

They kept the same walking animation throughout AC 1 to AC Revelations and THEN changed it in AC3, lol. Can't see why you'd start to give them slack for that now. Though I could've sworn Edward's walk was quite different from Connor's. 

I dunno, man. Perhaps you're a little quick to judge? Game just came out. Can't imagine you'd be throwing ratings up that fast. 

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

@buzbegone

Thanks for the review man! Really detailed. I am hearing people are liking AC4 much more than AC3. I keep hearing the story is not that good, but the gameplay is AMAZING. Even though you felt you really didn't enjoy AC4, your review was still good.

By no means did I not enjoy it. It's an amazing and very well put-together game, especially trailing just a year after AC3's release. The story is great but for me, was overshadowed by circumstances surrounding Edward's death some decades later. The same would go for Altair and Ezio; replaying their stories would at least once remind you how they meet their demise and at the least, make you feel a touch sad.

What I would like is to see Haytham's story. He's kind of like a fancy, pirate Sherlock hunting for clues and swashbuckling on the open seas but for a posh, British dude, he's sure got swagger. And of course his diversion from the Assassin order his father was a big part of. To be honest, I can't see them implementing it as they've already established in AC3's story he's unable to traverse trees and they can't just remove a now-core gameplay element unless there's some outlandish 'old guy, bad back' idea thrown in.

When the day comes that small improvements = massively expanded open world naval gameplay, I'll take your jaundice opinion seriously.

They kept the same walking animation throughout AC 1 to AC Revelations and THEN changed it in AC3, lol. Can't see why you'd start to give them slack for that now. Though I could've sworn Edward's walk was quite different from Connor's. 

I dunno, man. Perhaps you're a little quick to judge? Game just came out. Can't imagine you'd be throwing ratings up that fast. 

They did change it. Connor's sprint is very distinct how he ducks down as well as splaying his arms and feet, Edward's is nothing like this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users