Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

791 replies to this topic
TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Had this on my mind for a while, I have posted it on several other sites, but hardly anyone responded, so I thought this would be the best place to post it.

*WARNING! IF YOU HAVEN'T BEAT AC3 YET, DO NOT READ!*

In Assassin's Creed III, Desmond has to die in order to save the world, which in doing so, Free's Juno in the process. But when he touched that Apple, or whatever you call it (can't remember) He died, and instead of saving the world, Juno Released, and the world had solar flares all over and caused a lot of havoc.

Now here is what I think will happen in AC IV: Minerva will alert Connor, telling him Juno has caused havoc in the future, and that Desmond has been killed, Connor is sent to the future to help stop the havoc caused by Juno and after Defeating her, he could possibly revive Desmond, After doing that, you complete the prologue sequence and continue as Desmond, which is where AC IV begins. Assassin's Creed IV will take place in modern times, playing as the main protagonist Desmond. The main plot will revolve around Desmond trying to figure out a way to save the world once again. Since Juno has been defeated, her soul remains once again sealed away.

Now i know this is just speculation, but I can actually see something like this happening in the next AC. That or you play as Desmond's dad.

Now, I want to hear from you guys, on what you think will happen in AC IV, even if is just speculation, I want to hear what you have to say! Discuss.

Secura
  • Secura

Enigmatic Wanderer.

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

I'd love it if it were possible for a protagonist to return but I doubt that'll happen. Desmond's most likely still alive, I have a feeling we'll have to do some animus crawling again to wake him up.

Personally, I think it's time they went into China in the 16th century rebuilding the Creed with Shao Jun.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Don't think the timeline will go into past, it has been going towards future in every series...i mean Desmonds relatives in animus. So the next one must be in the years 1800 or 1900 something. I could imagine a 1900s beginning, with taller buildings and maybe even cars, and a suited assassin.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

French Revolution ?

or China during the Qing Dynasty
  • chatD4VIS-360 likes this

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

I would like to see Ubisoft taking a year or two off, Assassin's Creed III was a dissapointment imo, not bad a game by any means, but it wasn't polished and it didn't really feel like an Assassin's Creed, not enough Assassination missions and the game didn't really force you to stealth-kill most of your enemies. I have to say it's kinda funny that the game that felt like an "expansion pack" actually took me longer to finish than 3. I really enjoyed Revelations more than III to be completely honest. Story comes first in AC imo and I hated Connor's, couldn't even slightly care about him, such a crappy character compared to Ezio and Altaïr. confused.gif

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

My username - I wish I could take it back since Connor aka my username is a twat

Secura
  • Secura

Enigmatic Wanderer.

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 23:15)
My username - I wish I could take it back since Connor aka my username is a twat

Ratonhnhaké:ton is Connor's real name, not whatever random thing your username is meant to be.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

It's a rough english translation iight

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

AMF Associate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

Well they did the Revolutionary War so maybe it's the Civil War's turn?

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

How about they take a year off and actually spend a decent amount of time developing it. This is a franchise where they actually need longer than a year in between the releases.

Anyway, I'm hoping for Japan in AC4.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

for reals.

if Ubisoft doesn't take AC to China or Japan soon they're f*cking crazy.
it's so perfect.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

user posted image
It's definitely coming.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ´-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

Why is his hidden blade broken? Signs of a struggle?

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:40 AM Edited by El_Diablo, 05 February 2013 - 05:56 AM.

it looks like Abstergo special agents found Desmond, finally subdued him, and are dragging him back to HQ.

it also sure looks like a body bag.
is Desmond dead? I like this teaser image. interesting possibilities. don't read this spoiler if you haven't completed AC3.

in spite of what apparently happened during the end of AC3, there seems to be the possibility that Desmond doesn't have to die or that - even if he did - his memories can still be used.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

though the future of the story seems interesting. but I'm done with this series after AC3. they have gone way too far with their rotten milking business.
boss: we are going to milking this series, do you have any idea how to attract gamer?
staff: I know, let's just make a cliffhanger ending for every single game and lie to people "yo this is the last game of the series"

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

I know that the series was built on someone using the Animus, but they should just be done with that and give us a game set in Japan or China in the past, without all the future nonsense. They obviously have to make at least one more game that focuses on the events after AC 3. But really, they are milking it worse than Splinter Cell now. It's over, we're bored. Do do something else with the amazing IP that you have, Ubisoft.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 05:21)
they should just be done with that and give us a game set in Japan or China in the past, without all the future nonsense.

I'm down with this idea icon14.gif

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Here is what i think will happen: ubi will launch Watch Dogs this year and start new trilogy on the next gen. Year will be 2032,world would look like Deus Ex.Abstergo took control in entire world and armed patrols trained in animus controling the streets . Juno took control of the body of Abstergo's CEO and last assassin's are being hunted. And in Abstergo's lab is held 25 year old son or daughter of Desmond,already suffering of bleeding effect . But with help of older Rebecca breaks out,get to sanctuary somewhere in black hills and with help of Rebecca ,Shawn and some younger assassin's enter the animus,and then we visit medieval India,pirate era Carribean islands with a lot of sea battles and France in revolution and Napoleon era. During those games we will looking for a weapon that can kill Juno, maybe something like papal staff,and in final mission in AC6 we will charge on Abstergo's HQ and kill Juno .

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

the end of Qing Dynasty because they don't have to go way back into the past - since Qing Dynasty ends around 1911

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ´-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 04:21)
I know that the series was built on someone using the Animus, but they should just be done with that and give us a game set in Japan or China in the past, without all the future nonsense.

Either that, or they should give the future nonsense more depth than what it currently is. Too little screen-time for the modern-day assassins, and a pretty contrived plot until they released Juno. Hopefully with the shackles off Juno we can finally have a great villain for Desmond (if he's not dead).

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

I'm really hoping for a British setting during the Industrial Revolution personally. I think the gritty nature of the period would provide an excellent contrast to the beauty of the Renaissance or the natural surroundings of the frontier.

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if Ubisoft opted to continue on with Connor's story. We saw the beginnings of the slave trade in America, perhaps they'll create a plot that revolves around that.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

During the company’s quarterly earnings call today, Ubisoft’s Yves Guillemot announced a new Assassin’s Creed—with a new hero and a new time period—will be coming fiscal year 2014.

“We are delighted and proud to announce today that in financial year 14, we will introduce an all-new Assassin’s Creed hero, within an all new team and time period, and we expect it to be another major leap forward for the franchise,” said Guillemot. “It is the benefit of multiple teams working on multiple chapters of the product, each getting several years to make their versions of an Assassin’s Creed game.”

Ubisoft’s next fiscal year runs from April 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014.

No word yet on what that new time period will be, but Guillemot promised more information “very soon.”

http://www.egmnow.co...scal-year-2014/

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, Feb 7 2013, 16:18)
During the company’s quarterly earnings call today, Ubisoft’s Yves Guillemot announced a new Assassin’s Creed—with a new hero and a new time period—will be coming fiscal year 2014.

“We are delighted and proud to announce today that in financial year 14, we will introduce an all-new Assassin’s Creed hero, within an all new team and time period, and we expect it to be another major leap forward for the franchise,” said Guillemot. “It is the benefit of multiple teams working on multiple chapters of the product, each getting several years to make their versions of an Assassin’s Creed game.”

No word yet on what that new time period will be, but Guillemot promised more information “very soon.”

Well, i guess The ending of AC3 was pointless then. No more Desmond, No more Connor, who the f*ck is the main character then besides the new Assassin?

+ Xx--_TheHeist_--xT +
  • + Xx--_TheHeist_--xT +

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Friday, Feb 8 2013, 07:25)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, Feb 7 2013, 16:18)

Well, i guess The ending of AC3 was pointless then. No more Desmond, No more Connor, who the f*ck is the main character then besides the new Assassin?

Well I guess you have to find out in E3 this year I suppose.

gionascm2
  • gionascm2

Pedantic Perfectionist with a slight case of OCD

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

I'm betting the "major step-up" for this AC will be the inclusion of co-op (which will either be a stupid gimmick that gets boring quickly, or weaken the story).

TOMAHAWKS
  • TOMAHAWKS

Brimstone Quick-draw Champion

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

I hear the new AC is suppose to be some sort of 3rd-person shooter and extreme combat game.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Honestly all the Creed games have been good, but i will admit that AC3 was disappointing and that's probably due to the massive amount of bugs and the fact that Connor sucked compared to Ezio & Altair.

Well if it's a new production team, this could be good but please for gods sake fix the combat. I liked the old combat so much better than AC3's. They mentioned in some interview that just because they're going forward in time doesn't mean they won't visit the past again, so the next game could very well be in ancient times.

So i think these are the most likely settings

- Russian Revolution (i think this would be f*cking awesome to be honest)
- Feudel Japan
- Ancient Egypt
- Mesopotamia

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ´-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Russian Revolution and Feudal Japan would be exciting settings for an AC game. Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia not so much though. tounge.gif

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Adler @ Friday, Feb 8 2013, 21:15)
Russian Revolution and Feudal Japan would be exciting settings for an AC game. Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia not so much though. tounge.gif

I believe that Feudal Japan was one of the locations that Alex Hutchinson said the series would never visit. Even going as far as to say its one of the worst ideas for an AC game.

"The three most wanted are WWII, feudal Japan and Egypt. They're kind of the three worst settings for an AC game."

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

I think WW2 would be very interesting for AC cause of the whole nazi conspiracy with the apple could make the game awesome. And Feudal japan would be sick but egypt i agree wouldn't be. They do say they aim at parts of history not shown in most video games and i'm pretty sure russian revolution has almost never been used. Maybe an old computer game but that's pretty much it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users