Photo

Fast & Furious 6

125 replies to this topic
Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:21 AM Edited by fatal1ty619, 28 May 2013 - 04:25 AM.

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 03:31)
Well I'll be seeing this sometime this week I hope. Can't wait smile.gif

You will not be disappointed! Satisfaction guaranteed! (Unless you are Tycek)

Fast 5 and Fast 6 are tied for my favorites. I love how the next one is supposedly going to finally connect Tokyo Drift with the rest of the series.

DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET>>> However, I don't like the way they did the Jason Statham cameo at the end. They did a pretty poor job at connecting Tokyo Drift that way. I saw the cameo, and when I got home from the theater, went and watched Tokyo Drift, to see if the details (cross chain, Mercedes crash) matched up with the cameo. I was disappointed, because watching him drop that chain in front of Han, I could've sworn that was in Tokyo Drift, so I went back to watch, only to see that it was an edited in detail for the cameo. Also, on further watching, when the camera goes top-down over the burning car, there is no Statham walking from the car, and a shaken and shocked person is seen getting out of the Mercedes instead, whereas in the cameo, supposedly, the hitman (Statham) slams Han deliberately, gets out, and walks away as the car blows up.

I was hoping that those details were originally present in Tokyo Drift, but simply overlooked, but I was disappointed.

Overall, though, the movie was excellent. Over the top, a bit, but F&F has never strictly been about the racing, and they are just heading more into the Michael Bay area of action. As of now, nothing wrong with that. I just hope that the 7th movie doesn't continue that way. I'll be fine if it stays where it is. That plane crash at the end was wayyy to overly explosive. I can imagine the plane crashing, and Dom driving through the front, but the whole f*cking thing went up into a fireball in seconds, from a belly landing... Meh. Still a fitting end to the movie...

DoomsdayFAN
  • DoomsdayFAN

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

All I can say is that Lucas Black better be in the next one. I loved Tokyo Drift, and since Fast 7 will take place after it, and Sean Boswell is Han's Protege, it makes 100% sense for him to return and join Dom's group.

DoomsdayFAN
  • DoomsdayFAN

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:56 AM Edited by DoomsdayFAN, 30 May 2013 - 02:13 AM.

Please everyone sign this petition to have Universal include Sean Boswell (Lucas Black) in FAST 7:

http://www.ipetition...petition/fast7/

#1) Sean Boswell (Lucas Black) is the DK and was Han's protege.
#2) Dom went to see him at the end of Tokyo Drift. I doubt it was just to say hello. He most certainly wanted him to join his crew.

These two reasons alone are enough to warrant including Lucas Black in Fast 7. Even if you hated Tokyo Drift, that doesn't mean including Lucas Black in Fast 7 would be a bad thing. If anything, it would give him an opportunity to shine! Instead of treating Tokyo Drift as the bastard stepchild of the franchise, they need to embrace it. As a whole, it'll make the series feel much more thorough and complete.

So please! I beg you all to sign this petition!

http://www.ipetition...petition/fast7/

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

I've got one BIG question about the end nobody seems to have asked- How is it that Jason Satham's character knew exactly where Han would be to intercept him during the chase from Tokyo Drift? I mean, if you watch Tokyo Drift it seems like just a pretty random chase through the streets. Does he have some type of sixth sense or something?

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (Niko Vercetti 112 @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 05:33)
I've got one BIG question about the end nobody seems to have asked- How is it that Jason Satham's character knew exactly where Han would be to intercept him during the chase from Tokyo Drift? I mean, if you watch Tokyo Drift it seems like just a pretty random chase through the streets. Does he have some type of sixth sense or something?

In case you weren't paying attention, he had a radio in his car, which reported Han's RX7 'racing' with at least two other vehicles. He was a hitman, and obviously, Han was being watched, so when he went out in the open, someone who was watching relayed that info to Jason. You can also see he is driving even with the cars, the next block over, watching them as they continue fighting.

Believe me, a hitman knows how to do his kills the right way.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 07:28)
MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T WATCH THE MOVIE, DON'T CHECK THE SPOILER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO.. GET SPOILED.[/b]

They didn't have to kill Gisele.

More spoiler-y discussion of course, so look out.

I disagree. If you watch TD Han has a sort of resigned, depressed attitude that had to come from some sort of loss. Furthermore, he goes out drifting for women in the one scene which of course wouldn't make sense if he was married. They were kinda bound by the need to create this loss and the way they played the relationship up at the end of 5 and throughout 6. I think killing her off was a good move series wise (personally I hated it because she was probably the coolest actress in the series, not to mention f*cking smoking hot) because it showed even with the over-the-top action, they're not forgetting the sorta bittersweet ending of TF&TF that they don't always totally win. The last few movies were basically erasing the negative consequences of the previous ones, so it's good they're back to the sad ending.

Personally I feel the whole 'bringing back Letty' thing was kinda over the top deus ex machina, but if that wasn't in the movie it wouldn't have been as powerful. smile.gif

Hydro_PlayboyX
  • Hydro_PlayboyX

#TeamFranklin

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

don't read if you didnt watch
you guys think statham could be owen shaw's brother?

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (Hydro_PlayboyX @ Friday, May 31 2013, 22:37)
don't read if you didnt watch
you guys think statham could be owen shaw's brother?

Gee, really?

It was even confirmed somewhere that he will be playing Ian Shaw.

Moth
  • Moth

Sweet Roll Thief

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:30 AM Edited by Girish, 02 June 2013 - 07:58 AM.

Well, I have seen Fast and Furious 6, and it was AWESOME!

Best one in the series so far, in my opinion. Plus it just happens before Tokyo Drift, meaning we may see Lucas Black in it. Sucks that Han is dead though

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 03:31)
MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T WATCH THE MOVIE, DON'T CHECK THE SPOILER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO.. GET SPOILED.[/b]

I disagree. If you watch TD Han has a sort of resigned, depressed attitude that had to come from some sort of loss. Furthermore, he goes out drifting for women in the one scene which of course wouldn't make sense if he was married. They were kinda bound by the need to create this loss and the way they played the relationship up at the end of 5 and throughout 6. I think killing her off was a good move series wise (personally I hated it because she was probably the coolest actress in the series, not to mention f*cking smoking hot) because it showed even with the over-the-top action, they're not forgetting the sorta bittersweet ending of TF&TF that they don't always totally win. The last few movies were basically erasing the negative consequences of the previous ones, so it's good they're back to the sad ending.

Personally I feel the whole 'bringing back Letty' thing was kinda over the top deus ex machina, but if that wasn't in the movie it wouldn't have been as powerful. smile.gif

SPOILERS:

Yes, I know they didn't have any other option, but that wasn't my point. They could've left her alive and then show how they just broke up or something.. They didn't have to kill her, there were other ways to remove her from the series.

Moth
  • Moth

Sweet Roll Thief

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 08:58)
QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 03:31)

SPOILERS:

Yes, I know they didn't have any other option, but that wasn't my point. They could've left her alive and then show how they just broke up or something.. They didn't have to kill her, there were other ways to remove her from the series.

But she did need to die. Han in TD didn't really care about his actions. He didn't have anyone to care and he didn't care about himself. Plus, they needed room in the cast for Letty tounge.gif

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:30 AM Edited by Tycek, 08 June 2013 - 01:12 PM.

It's not a big problem that they killed her, but the way of disposing of her was simply stupid. The emotions in that scene and the next one was as big as the one in "I did not hit her" scene from The Room (as I already said in Last Movie you've seen). She fell down from the height of three meters and apparently she died, but nobody checked that, nobody went there to find the body or check if she died in fact. And the best thing, they are talking bullsh*t about family values ,but when something like this happened nobody gave a sh*t about her death.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:17 AM

Just finished watching it today, great movie. icon14.gif The 7th should be very interesting now that Shaw's brother wants revenge.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (golf wang @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 03:17)
Just finished watching it today, great movie. icon14.gif The 7th should be very interesting now that Shaw's brother wants revenge.

How do you know that Jason Stathams character is Shaws brother?

Anyway, watched it two days ago with my friends, a really action filled and overall awesome movie. I really liked the flashbacks to previous parts and the beginning and through the movie.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

I never really liked fast and furious all that much, but it's growing on me, I appreciate the action though, I ignore gaping plot holes and ridiculous sequences because it's just pure action.

Anyway, I enjoyed number six quite a lot. Longest f*cking runway I've ever seen in a movie though.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:54 PM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 09 June 2013 - 01:58 PM.

QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 11:20)
[...]Longest f*cking runway I've ever seen in a movie though.

I'm getting sick of this sh*t. Are you really that ignorant and dumb that you can't see it's a normal type of a runway and that it's not longer than any ordinary runway?

For you dumbasses, let me explain it to you. First off, it's not a real airport runway, it's a long convoy road in an airbase, but it doesn't matter cause that's not the point. The point is that the movies are made like playing dominos. They switch and reorganize piece by piece to fit. All fighting sequences at the end of the movie (last 10 minutes before the closing scene in L.A.) are happening at the same time - inside and outside the plane. So, the real lasting aircraft landing and driving/flying on the runway is equal to the longest fighting scene of all the fighting scenes in that last 10 minutes, which is the fight of Letty and Gina Carano. How them? They started figthing the moment Dom and the crew hit her with a car at the entrance to the cargo and they were fighting until Letty shoved that.. thing up her belly/chest..

Since we are watching the movie on one screen, they can show only one sequence of scenes at once. They could easily split one big screen to 4 or 5 small screens and show the whole fighting sequence all at once, but that wouldn't be watchable now, would it? Instead, they have to show every scene sequence one after another and that makes it look like a long runway, but some poeple (if you want, most people) don't understand that. The same thing is at the first chase after Shaw, specifically in the tunnel when Hobbs says something like: ''I got eyes on Shaw, he just made a left.'' Then Brian says he went right and Hobbs tells Dom to go left. First you see Brian going after the Jeep forward, then you see that before that Hobbs said he got eyes on Shaw and then you see how actually Brian got right and Hobbs and Dom went left towards Shaw.

I can't believe people can be so ignorant...

Thankyouandhaveaniceday.

Mockage
  • Mockage

deadringer

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

I'm seeing this Friday night with a friend. Would any of you say this is the best F&F ever?

Verdant
  • Verdant

DOOM

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

Watched it last night and it was pretty good. The amount of insane stunts were great, and the ending leaves you with a 'Holy sh*t!'. So I suggest others to watch Tokyo Drift.
The opening credits, showing flashbacks of past Fast and Furious movies put a smile on my face.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:02 AM

Yeah, I really liked the intro. Really helped set the scene for those who haven't brushed up on F&F for a while.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 00:54)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 11:20)
[...]Longest f*cking runway I've ever seen in a movie though.

I'm getting sick of this sh*t. Are you really that ignorant and dumb that you can't see it's a normal type of a runway and that it's not longer than any ordinary runway?

For you dumbasses, let me explain it to you. First off, it's not a real airport runway, it's a long convoy road in an airbase, but it doesn't matter cause that's not the point. The point is that the movies are made like playing dominos. They switch and reorganize piece by piece to fit. All fighting sequences at the end of the movie (last 10 minutes before the closing scene in L.A.) are happening at the same time - inside and outside the plane. So, the real lasting aircraft landing and driving/flying on the runway is equal to the longest fighting scene of all the fighting scenes in that last 10 minutes, which is the fight of Letty and Gina Carano. How them? They started figthing the moment Dom and the crew hit her with a car at the entrance to the cargo and they were fighting until Letty shoved that.. thing up her belly/chest..

Since we are watching the movie on one screen, they can show only one sequence of scenes at once. They could easily split one big screen to 4 or 5 small screens and show the whole fighting sequence all at once, but that wouldn't be watchable now, would it? Instead, they have to show every scene sequence one after another and that makes it look like a long runway, but some poeple (if you want, most people) don't understand that. The same thing is at the first chase after Shaw, specifically in the tunnel when Hobbs says something like: ''I got eyes on Shaw, he just made a left.'' Then Brian says he went right and Hobbs tells Dom to go left. First you see Brian going after the Jeep forward, then you see that before that Hobbs said he got eyes on Shaw and then you see how actually Brian got right and Hobbs and Dom went left towards Shaw.

I can't believe people can be so ignorant...

Thankyouandhaveaniceday.

I understand that it is shot from various angles, but the plane must have been going like 200 kilometres an hour, the longest runways in the world are about 5km long in a circuit kind of fashion , so the straight length will be a bit less than 2.5km, this is in the absolute best case scenario, the US's longest runway is about 700 metres shorter than this, you did say it was on a Convoy road, but i'm having a hard time believing the length of it, and you did say it's no different to an ordinary runway right in your first sentence.

Anyway the plane considering how heavy it was with all the cars hanging off it would have had to get up to perhaps 250km/h or even the 320+km/h zone, you have a decent point that many sequences are fought at the same time, I understand that, however that runway scene must have gone for 30-40 minutes, there was however I think 9-10 characters, and possibly 20 seconds worth of filming on the pilots. Those 9-10 characters were often involved in fighting with each other though, so between them there were probably about 5 simultaneously occurring scenes at any point of the runway sequence.

Now, let's assume that the runway/convoy road was about 2.5km long, just for the sake of putting some numbers together, the plane would have been going more than 150km an hour by the time all the cars caught up since it was just about to take off and that is a minimum speed for take off, so that works out at about 107 metres every 3 seconds at 150km/h. that means to travel 2.5 kilometres, it would take;
2500 divided by 107 = 23.3
23.3 x 3 seconds = 70 seconds.
In real life to travel a runway it would probably take longer than that, but i'm going by how the movie displayed events.

Now the cargo plane was surely going much faster than 150km/h along the course of the runway, reaching up to 320+km/h when the scene was about to end

So that is 1:10 seconds it would take to travel the entire runway assuming it was at the very beginning of the runway with all that speed.
Now let's factor in that when the sequence began, the plane was already on the run way chewing up length, and the team had to rush to their cars, and drive crazy fast to catch up to it, this section switched between the 6 good guys, it lasted probably 2 minutes, so that is another 20 seconds of real time while the plane is going along the runway, the team had to go very fast to catch up to the plane so it was like I said before, already up to speed when they caught up to it, it could have covered several hundred meters already, if the team was driving as fast as they could to catch up to the plane, and it took around 20 seconds of real time to get there, their cars can accelerate to 100km/h in under 5 seconds, so for about 15 seconds they would have been travelling more than 100km/h. At 100km/h a car covers 27 metres a second, in 15 seconds that is about 400 metres, but they were going faster than that if they caught up to a plane going over 150km/h about to take off, so I could see them using already about 700 metres. Which leaves 1.8km of runway left.

Remember the 150km/h thing before? Well once you take out the room taken up by the first 20 seconds of real time in the sequence you are left with
1800 divided by 107 = 16.8
16.8 x 3 = 50.4 seconds.

Okay so after initial two minutes catching up to the plane, you're telling me that 5 different simultaneously occurring scenes over the space of 30-40 minutes were only about 50 seconds in real time?(Which is actually being optimistic) There were individual scenes that lasted longer than that, by which point the plane would have already gone off the runway.

Even if you doubled the length of the runway to 5kilometres you would only have 1:40 seconds that the whole sequence took place that lasted over half an hour. This theoretical runway would have had to have been long enough to last about 6 minutes going at speeds over 150km/h for the sequence to be plausible, and that means the runway/convoy road would need to be like 15 kilometres wrong.

You should try and be more polite before outright flaming.

QUOTE (JimmyLepard)
Ignorant Dumb Dumbasses Ignorant.

Eat your own words, Bitch.

ThankYouAndHaveANiceDay

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

This is my favorite stupid brainless movie series right now - hilarious plot, great one-liners, great action sequences. But holy f*cking Jason f*cking Statham. GODDAMN f*ckING CHEV CHELLIOS.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 12:22)
This is my favorite stupid brainless movie series right now - hilarious plot, great one-liners, great action sequences. But holy f*cking Jason f*cking Statham. GODDAMN f*ckING CHEV CHELLIOS.

You wanna put some spoiler tags there?

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

The movie's out, people are going to discuss it. If you want to avoid spoilers, avoid the topic.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 07:14)
I understand that it is shot from various angles, but the plane must have been going like 200 kilometres an hour, the longest runways in the world are about 5km long in a circuit kind of fashion , so the straight length will be a bit less than 2.5km, this is in the absolute best case scenario, the US's longest runway is about 700 metres shorter than this, you did say it was on a Convoy road, but i'm having a hard time believing the length of it, and you did say it's no different to an ordinary runway right in your first sentence.

Anyway the plane considering how heavy it was with all the cars hanging off it would have had to get up to perhaps 250km/h or even the 320+km/h zone, you have a decent point that many sequences are fought at the same time, I understand that, however that runway scene must have gone for 30-40 minutes, there was however I think 9-10 characters, and possibly 20 seconds worth of filming on the pilots. Those 9-10 characters were often involved in fighting with each other though, so between them there were probably about 5 simultaneously occurring scenes at any point of the runway sequence.

Now, let's assume that the runway/convoy road was about 2.5km long, just for the sake of putting some numbers together, the plane would have been going more than 150km an hour by the time all the cars caught up since it was just about to take off and that is a minimum speed for take off, so that works out at about 107 metres every 3 seconds at 150km/h. that means to travel 2.5 kilometres, it would take;
2500 divided by 107 = 23.3
23.3 x 3 seconds = 70 seconds.
In real life to travel a runway it would probably take longer than that, but i'm going by how the movie displayed events.

Now the cargo plane was surely going much faster than 150km/h along the course of the runway, reaching up to 320+km/h when the scene was about to end

So that is 1:10 seconds it would take to travel the entire runway assuming it was at the very beginning of the runway with all that speed.
Now let's factor in that when the sequence began, the plane was already on the run way chewing up length, and the team had to rush to their cars, and drive crazy fast to catch up to it, this section switched between the 6 good guys, it lasted probably 2 minutes, so that is another 20 seconds of real time while the plane is going along the runway, the team had to go very fast to catch up to the plane so it was like I said before, already up to speed when they caught up to it, it could have covered several hundred meters already, if the team was driving as fast as they could to catch up to the plane, and it took around 20 seconds of real time to get there, their cars can accelerate to 100km/h in under 5 seconds, so for about 15 seconds they would have been travelling more than 100km/h. At 100km/h a car covers 27 metres a second, in 15 seconds that is about 400 metres, but they were going faster than that if they caught up to a plane going over 150km/h about to take off, so I could see them using already about 700 metres. Which leaves 1.8km of runway left.

Remember the 150km/h thing before? Well once you take out the room taken up by the first 20 seconds of real time in the sequence you are left with
1800 divided by 107 = 16.8
16.8 x 3 = 50.4 seconds.

Okay so after initial two minutes catching up to the plane, you're telling me that 5 different simultaneously occurring scenes over the space of 30-40 minutes were only about 50 seconds in real time?(Which is actually being optimistic) There were individual scenes that lasted longer than that, by which point the plane would have already gone off the runway.

Even if you doubled the length of the runway to 5kilometres you would only have 1:40 seconds that the whole sequence took place that lasted over half an hour. This theoretical runway would have had to have been long enough to last about 6 minutes going at speeds over 150km/h for the sequence to be plausible, and that means the runway/convoy road would need to be like 15 kilometres wrong.

You should try and be more polite before outright flaming.

QUOTE (JimmyLepard)
Ignorant Dumb Dumbasses Ignorant.

Eat your own words, Bitch.

ThankYouAndHaveANiceDay

First off, what 30-40 minutes are you talking about? The sequence between the first cargo plane sighting until the finish of the fight is 11 minutes long. The plane shows up at roughly 1:41:05 and the scene where the plane starts to go down in flames is at about 1:52:00. That's 11 minutes.

Secondly, the plane was maintaining speed and it didn't go any faster until the end of the sequence when they began to take off. You can clearly see that Brian was driving an Alfa Romeo which is no fast car and he still managed to exit the plane, kill Vegh or whatever her name was and speed off back to the plane. That car can go max 130 MPH, and that's milking it. Also, it takes some time to catch up with the plane. Since it was a huge plane aswell, it didn't go much faster than the car. So, there is no chance in hell that plane went 250+ km/h, he didn't even go 200+. And with that, you get what I was talking about. It is all in the stage of realism, of course it can be perfect, nothing's perfect. However, it was nowhere over the top as you all presented it.

So, thankYOUandgoodbye.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 20:22)
The movie's out, people are going to discuss it. If you want to avoid spoilers, avoid the topic.

I have seen it, maybe some people havent. I mean what is the point of the spoiler tags then anyway?

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 07:44)

First off, what 30-40 minutes are you talking about? The sequence between the first cargo plane sighting until the finish of the fight is 11 minutes long. The plane shows up at roughly 1:41:05 and the scene where the plane starts to go down in flames is at about 1:52:00. That's 11 minutes.

Secondly, the plane was maintaining speed and it didn't go any faster until the end of the sequence when they began to take off. You can clearly see that Brian was driving an Alfa Romeo which is no fast car and he still managed to exit the plane, kill Vegh or whatever her name was and speed off back to the plane. That car can go max 130 MPH, and that's milking it. Also, it takes some time to catch up with the plane. Since it was a huge plane aswell, it didn't go much faster than the car. So, there is no chance in hell that plane went 250+ km/h, he didn't even go 200+. And with that, you get what I was talking about. It is all in the stage of realism, of course it can be perfect, nothing's perfect. However, it was nowhere over the top as you all presented it.

So, thankYOUandgoodbye.

Actually you're right with the time, almost, it was 13 minutes, felt like a long time in the cinema, but like I said even if you halved any of the numbers I put in there, the runway is too short, by the way, you say my figures are too high? Well turns out I was actually giving you way too much leeway, this guy believes when the plane landed it was going to be travelling at 155 MILES per hour and that the runway would have to have been more than 18 miles long.

He has an engineering degree unlike me, so perhaps you might believe his calculations more than mine, where I was actually trying to lean in your favour, but you were still wrong.

You need to chill out bro, lol.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (Sup3rman @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 21:31)
QUOTE (Moonshield @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 20:22)

I have seen it, maybe some people havent. I mean what is the point of the spoiler tags then anyway?

Given how sh*tty our media is today, I can fairly assure you that everyone knows about the cameo appearances in the movie.

So I don't think Moonshield's post deserves to be splattered with spoiler tags.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 00:34)
QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 07:44)

So, thankYOUandgoodbye.

Actually you're right with the time, almost, it was 13 minutes, felt like a long time in the cinema, but like I said even if you halved any of the numbers I put in there, the runway is too short, by the way, you say my figures are too high? Well turns out I was actually giving you way too much leeway, this guy believes when the plane landed it was going to be travelling at 155 MILES per hour and that the runway would have to have been more than 18 miles long.

He has an engineering degree unlike me, so perhaps you might believe his calculations more than mine, where I was actually trying to lean in your favour, but you were still wrong.

You need to chill out bro, lol.

Yeah, he says he found an info on the internet about 155 MPH. Since it's the biggest plane, that might be possible, but that doesn't make it true. The pilot could've been flying it at any speed he wanted and we can justify that by seeing that the plane moves at the same speed as (probably pedal to the metal) - an Alfa Romeo car.

The point of the movie, especially an action movie, is that you should enjoy the storming action scenes and stunts. The guy in the video had more of a point at the end about Dom's appearance from the burning fire. However, even that can be presented as real. Maybe that chip component fell of the car while spinning and he went to search for it to bring it to Hobbs eventually. So, that could've been the reason he came out from a different place.

Nevertheless, every movie has flaws cause there is much work with every movie and it's natural that something will slip out. Also, you do some things on purpose just to make the crowd go ''wow'' for the sake of the movie. I was never opposing you for not being true about the length itself, I was opposing you and all others who thought as you about how you went over the top with your estimation. Yes, at the end, let's say that convoy road (not the runway, that wasn't a runway.) was about 15-16 miles long. That's pretty long even for a convoy road, but if it wasn't that long in a movie, we'd miss some sick fighting scenes and also some sick tag team fights of the Rock and Vin against Evans and that huge guy. That would've sucked.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

The landing and take off figures are accurate.

Oh I fully understand it's just a movie,I already said that, I stated that it's just a good action movie but the runway thingwas ridiculous. You were the one who took it too far by insulting me several times, and being completely condescending over a little joke about the length of the runway.

No offence, but you come off as an asshole, now let's just leave it here.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 08:29)
The landing and take off figures are accurate.

Oh I fully understand it's just a movie,I already said that, I stated that it's just a good action movie but the runway thingwas ridiculous. You were the one who took it too far by insulting me several times, and being completely condescending over a little joke about the length of the runway.

No offence, but you come off as an asshole, now let's just leave it here.

Nah, it wasn't your joke. Your joke was just the last drop of the sh*t about that runway scene I've been hearing since the movie got out. I heard it about a 1000 times already and it may be funny the first time, maybe it was funny the second time and I'll let you guys have it the third time, but it's just too much and the joke got extremely repetitive as every joke you hear numerous times during a short span of time. You really need to find something else to commentate rather than saying the same joke over and over again everywhere Fast 6 is mentioned. Just saying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users