Fast & Furious 6

125 replies to this topic
The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

Just A Stupid Kid.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

I'm as hyped to see this film as the next F&F fan, but this isn't even real anymore. I mean The Rock is in a leading role. You can't even call it a movie anymore. It's just a compilation of frames which when moved together could be perceived as in motion.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (asitsaysinthebook @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 17:28)
A trailer for this film was shown in when my, my sister and her boyfriend were about to watch Iron Man 3 this weekend.
When the trailer came on, my sisters boyfriend and I just looked at each other and were all like "ohhhhh yeaaaaaahhhh".

He was probably only saying that because your sister's hand was down his pants. When he turned his head to make sure no one in the cinema was looking, he must have been really confused by the sight of you staring back and smiling at him, mouthing "ohhhhh yeaaahhhh".

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (Harley @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 14:12)
A trailer for this film was shown in when my, my sister and her boyfriend were about to watch Iron Man 3 this weekend.
When the trailer came on, my sisters boyfriend and I just looked at each other and were all like "ohhhhh yeaaaaaahhhh".

He was probably only saying that because your sister's hand was down his pants. When he turned his head to make sure no one in the cinema was looking, he must have been really confused by the sight of you staring back and smiling at him, mouthing "ohhhhh yeaaahhhh".

Considering he was with them at the movies, why the f*ck would that happen

Moth
  • Moth

Sweet Roll Thief

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 23:23)
QUOTE (Harley @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 14:12)

Considering he was with them at the movies, why the f*ck would that happen

My question is, why wouldn't it happen? tounge.gif

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (The General @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 23:10)
QUOTE (Tycek @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 12:34)
No, you don't actually. I even didn't watch it till the end it's so predictable. Just sixth part of the same movie, filled with CGI, corny dialogues and impossible to do actions. Fans know what to except and if someone haven't became the fan, he probably won't change his mind. I'll watch it just to laugh from endless stupidtiy of the screenwriter (although action with plane may be safe dragging from Fast Five), because I simply don't understand how somebody can watch without laughing.

And see, you really miss the point of the series. They are suppose to be fun and you are suppose to laugh at how absurd the action is. No one takes the series seriously, and you are an idiot if you attempt to. These kinds of movies are prefect for large screens and great surround sound that are in movie theatres.

Plus most of the action seems to be proper special effects and not cgi. Only thing that looked CGI was the plane scene.

And how about the safe scene from Fast Five? It wasn't CGI?

Also, you said someone will be an idiot if he attempt to watch it seriously. I doubt if they had plan to make a comedy with a lot of absurd. Makers are definitely making this movie as a serious action cinema, but effect of their job is far from being serious. Whole series look like unplanned satire.

Moth
  • Moth

Sweet Roll Thief

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 03:45)
QUOTE (The General @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 23:10)
QUOTE (Tycek @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 12:34)
No, you don't actually. I even didn't watch it till the end it's so predictable. Just sixth part of the same movie, filled with CGI, corny dialogues and impossible to do actions. Fans know what to except and if someone haven't became the fan, he probably won't change his mind. I'll watch it just to laugh from endless stupidtiy of the screenwriter (although action with plane may be safe dragging from Fast Five), because I simply don't understand how somebody can watch without laughing.

And see, you really miss the point of the series. They are suppose to be fun and you are suppose to laugh at how absurd the action is. No one takes the series seriously, and you are an idiot if you attempt to. These kinds of movies are prefect for large screens and great surround sound that are in movie theatres.

Plus most of the action seems to be proper special effects and not cgi. Only thing that looked CGI was the plane scene.

And how about the safe scene from Fast Five? It wasn't CGI?

Also, you said someone will be an idiot if he attempt to watch it seriously. I doubt if they had plan to make a comedy with a lot of absurd. Makers are definitely making this movie as a serious action cinema, but effect of their job is far from being serious. Whole series look like unplanned satire.

Yeah, the safe scene from Fast Five wasn't CGI.

They aren't trying to make a serious movie.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

Too bad it's listed as Action, Crime, Thriller and not Comedy then.

Jedi.
  • Jedi.

Sex - Breakfast of Champions

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

I miss the days when these films were actually about racing.

Moth
  • Moth

Sweet Roll Thief

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 14:43)

So you are telling me none of those can have absurd things happen in them? It is a crime movie, it has action and plus there is some hints of thriller in it. I don't see drama in that list either, which would make it a serious movie, if it was there.

Grove Street Balla
  • Grove Street Balla

Kakashi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 18:09)
QUOTE (Tycek @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 14:43)

So you are telling me none of those can have absurd things happen in them? It is a crime movie, it has action and plus there is some hints of thriller in it. I don't see drama in that list either, which would make it a serious movie, if it was there.

Fast and furious serious? GET OUT! orly.gif

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

The first time I heard about F&F 6, I was like "Wtf? another"? And then I watched the trailer and when it ended, I saw a Jensen Interceptor, and I thought "All right, I think I want to see it in theaters now, no matter how bad it is."

So yeah, I'll end up watching this anyway, no matter what anyone says. The movie might not be great, but the sexy cars can make it worth watching.

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

A Dose of Metal you need!!!

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 19:03)
The first time I heard about F&F 6, I was like "Wtf? another"?

Agree. F&F 5 was my last movie I've seen in the last years, I can't wait to see this. icon14.gif icon14.gif

dirty dollar bill
  • dirty dollar bill

Radio, what's new?

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:07 AM

I hope they don't hold out on any of the races this time around though. Because I was a little bummed they didn't show the race they had against that dude with the Porsche. But that crazy chase scene after they stole the huge safe did make up for it quite a bit. These movies are ridiculous at times, but that's what I like most about them. It's so fun to watch.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:45 PM Edited by tms_junk, 10 May 2013 - 10:56 PM.

I'm all for action films and over the top stunts, but i liked when the F&F movies were actually about racing and cars. And as for Dom, his gone from a street racer who done time, to a detective that would rival CSI (Letty's death), to crime lord in brasil, to a police evading, safe cracking, bank heisting master mind.

When i saw the trailer and watched them bring down an airplane in a car, i was out of interest.

NathanT
  • NathanT

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

Watched all the F&F and 2 Fast 2 Furious and Tokyo Drift still have to be my favourites. I'm looking forward to seeing this but I don't think it will be anywhere near as good as 2 & 3.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

Oh my...

Braga returns wow.gif
Gisele dies?
Han actually was killed because TD follows F6
Dominic survives the plane wreckage
Jason Statham is a key antagonist for Fast seven, targeting Dominic

I'm not gonna lie, I almost cried when Dom jumps from his Charger to save Letty when the tank flips; that was some real heartwarming stuff.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

Sheesh, that runway was long as f*ck. But yeah, I really did enjoy it. Went a bit 'woah sh*t it's him' when Statham came outta that car in that Tokyo scene.

Also the amount of car action was pretty neat, balanced out the other non-car action stuff.

7.5/10

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

The movie isn't even out yet, so why are you's putting spoilers

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, May 17 2013, 23:48)
The movie isn't even out yet, so why are you's putting spoilers

The film was first released in the United Kingdom on May 17, 2013, followed by an international release on May 24, 2013.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 00:41)
Sheesh, that runway was long as f*ck. But yeah, I really did enjoy it. Went a bit 'woah sh*t it's him' when Statham came outta that car in that Tokyo scene.

Also the amount of car action was pretty neat, balanced out the other non-car action stuff.

7.5/10

Apparently Statham plays Ian Shaw, I wouldn't be surprised if he's pretty pissed off

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

Ok so i watched this last night. And i officially take back my previous post in this topic about it looking sh*t. It was awesome. I decided to come to terms with the fact that the movies will no longer be purely street racing, they will be more action related. And i really, really enjoyed.

It had more than enough car chases / races, it had humor, action, and some romance thrown in. Was just really enjoyable, might be my favorite one of them all.

I won't post too much even with spoilers as many haven't seen it, but my advice is even if you are skeptical (Like i was) Go see it, you won't regret it.

NathanT
  • NathanT

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

Went and saw this tonight and I wasn't disappointed. I wouldn't say it's my favourite, but it's definitely up there.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

I am overwhelmed by the movie. A true masterpiece, keeps you on the edge almost the whole time. It's just one scene of the movie that made me go into rage mode and they actually didn't have to do it.

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T WATCH THE MOVIE, DON'T CHECK THE SPOILER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO.. GET SPOILED.

They didn't have to kill Gisele.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

Am I the only one who thinks the F&F movies have gone to sh*t after Tokyo Drift?

These new ones are like not giving a racing vibe anymore. It's more like a mission...

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Monday, May 20 2013, 09:27)
Am I the only one who thinks the F&F movies have gone to sh*t after Tokyo Drift?

These new ones are like not giving a racing vibe anymore. It's more like a mission...

Yes. To be honest, I didn't like Fast 5. I actually expected there would be more racing but it's just full of Most Wanted-style chases.

I hope Fast 6 isn't as disappointing as Fast 5, since it will release on theaters(here in the PH) on my birthday. (May 24)

OldSchoolCheetah
  • OldSchoolCheetah

Street Racer/ Paul Walker RIP

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Monday, May 20 2013, 01:27)

Definitely icon14.gif

enjoithepain
  • enjoithepain

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

I personally thought it was a great movie. But I definitely agree that they've gotten away from the street racing vibe in 1,2, and Tokyo Drift. I would eventually like them to go back to this, but the way it's looking I don't think it's gonna happen. And if not, I would at least like to see some more street races in general in te movies.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

Well, this one was definitely better than 5. It had everything from racing to drama to romance and loss. Also, Jason Statham cameo at the end means the next one is going to kick ass as well.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

Just by looking at your opinions, we had to watch totally different movie.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

Well I'll be seeing this sometime this week I hope. Can't wait smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users