Photo

Fast & Furious 6

125 replies to this topic
Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:38 AM Edited by The General, 26 February 2013 - 07:59 PM.

Super Bowl TV spot

Interviews

Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson lead the returning cast of all-stars as the global blockbuster franchise built on speed races to its next continent in Fast & Furious 6. Reuniting for their most high-stakes adventure yet, fan favorites Jordana Brewster, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Sung Kang, Gal Gadot, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges and Elsa Pataky are joined by badass series newcomers Luke Evans and Gina Carano.

Since Dom (Diesel) and Brian's (Walker) Rio heist toppled a kingpin's empire and left their crew with $100 million, our heroes have scattered across the globe. But their inability to return home and living forever on the lam have left their lives incomplete.

Meanwhile, Hobbs (Johnson) has been tracking an organization of lethally skilled mercenary drivers across 12 countries, whose mastermind (Evans) is aided by a ruthless second-in-command revealed to be the love Dom thought was dead, Letty (Rodriguez). The only way to stop the criminal outfit is to outmatch them at street level, so Hobbs asks Dom to assemble his elite team in London. Payment? Full pardons for all of them so they can return home and make their families whole again.

Building on the worldwide blockbuster success of Fast Five and taking the action, stunts and narrative to even greater heights, Fast & Furious 6 sees director Justin Lin back behind the camera for the fourth time. He is supported by longtime producers Neal H. Moritz and Vin Diesel, who welcome producer Clayton Townsend back to the series.

Yep there is going to a 6th one. Still seems to be before Tokyo Drift. I wouldn't be surprised if that one isn't part of the canon at this point.
  • Prometheus likes this

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

I love the Fast and Furious series and I can't wait to see this movie.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

I saw the commercial, and it was epic.
2013 is looking really good. icon14.gif

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

Ooh looks like they come to London for part of it.
Should be interesting.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

It's pretty damn confusing though, with the story going all over the place. confused.gif
If I have it right, it goes like this (Canon wise):
Fast and Furious (First one)
2 Fast 2 Furious
(I forgot which one it is, but the one where they go to Brazil and Dom gets arrested)
(The one where they get rich, I think it's "The Fast and Furious")
Tokyo Drift

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

Canon wise it goes

The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
Fast and Furious
Fast 5
Fast 6
Tokyo Drift

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 04:29)
It's pretty damn confusing though, with the story going all over the place. confused.gif
If I have it right, it goes like this (Canon wise):
Fast and Furious (First one)
2 Fast 2 Furious
(I forgot which one it is, but the one where they go to Brazil and Dom gets arrested)
(The one where they get rich, I think it's "The Fast and Furious")
Tokyo Drift

The only one thats not in chronological order is Tokyo drift.

If your confused about Michelle Rodriguez, she APPARENTLY died, but was hinted at the end of fast five she is alive.

Verdant
  • Verdant

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

Just watched the trailer. That Plane going up in flames was f*cking Awesome! Action, Rides, Babes what more can you get out of Fast and Furious? wink.gif

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

Jesus, another part? I'll may watch it just to see what stupidy borders they decided to cross this time.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 10:26)
Jesus, another part? I'll may watch it just to see what stupidy borders they decided to cross this time.

Something in your post tells me you don't like the Fast and furious movies, why don't you like it

+ Xx--_TheHeist_--xT +
  • + Xx--_TheHeist_--xT +

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Watched the trailer and it was just simply fantastic honestly. I'm definitely going to watch this in cinemas soon aswell. icon14.gif

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Trailer looks excellent, but that thumbnail....is that 69' Mustang getting squashed by a tank? Thats painful to watch.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 14:08)
QUOTE (Tycek @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 10:26)

Something in your post tells me you don't like the Fast and furious movies, why don't you like it

What's to like in them? From the first part it's just simplistic movie made for kids and filled with FX, which only job is to cover lack of any interesting story or characters. Parts from one to three were tacky, but they still got bits of realism in them, but things that are happening from fourth to sixth are beyong any border of stupidity. Stealing tankers in the most unrealistic way in the world? Done. Dragging safe weighting a lot with two Dodge Chargers thru whole city? Done. Stealing cars from moving train by pulling them from the cars on some tacky semi truck jumping on every bump? Done. Driving thru the blowing plane? Done.

That's the reason why I don't like them. Instead making semi realistic movies for car lovers (let's say like 1st or 2nd part) they decided to copy Bay and creating FX fest with no story and where cars are threated just like women. They are just there for the look and justyfying even more ridiculous activities.

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 10:28)
That's the reason why I don't like them. Instead making semi realistic movies for car lovers (let's say like 1st or 2nd part) they decided to copy Bay and creating FX fest with no story and where cars are threated just like women. They are just there for the look and justyfying even more ridiculous activities.

There is a story here, and there have been stories in all of them. The last movie in the series, was the best one. It made the most money, and it was liked by the most critics. This series has never been realistic, or even semi-realistic, with the sole exception being the black sheep of the series, Tokyo Drift. 2 Fast 2 Furious was the worst one in the series. The Fast and the Furious (the first one) was a Point Break rip off with street racers.

And the cars are being used, they are a center point of the series. They are used by the characters, instead of being just eye candy like the girls are.(I don't really have problem with that blush.gif ) You also forgot that a large portion of the target are motor/petrol heads.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

when is it coming out and is everybody from fast five still in it

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Epic and over the top, just the way I like it.

Dnero
  • Dnero

B4.DA.$$

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 17:03)
Epic and over the top, just the way I like it.

This, very much this.

Oh man can't wait for this one icon14.gif

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 17:17)
QUOTE (Tycek @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 10:28)

There is a story here, and there have been stories in all of them. The last movie in the series, was the best one. It made the most money, and it was liked by the most critics. This series has never been realistic, or even semi-realistic, with the sole exception being the black sheep of the series, Tokyo Drift. 2 Fast 2 Furious was the worst one in the series. The Fast and the Furious (the first one) was a Point Break rip off with street racers.

And the cars are being used, they are a center point of the series. They are used by the characters, instead of being just eye candy like the girls are.(I don't really have problem with that blush.gif ) You also forgot that a large portion of the target are motor/petrol heads.

I wouldn't mind seeing movie with realistic chases and actual story (robbing even more isn't in fact very interesting). F&F series weren't appealing for me from the start, especially with their way for appealing people (even more ridiculous action in every part).

TheJonesy
  • TheJonesy

Carry on.

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Sometimes we just like those type of films that are simply there for eye-candy and thrill. I never expected this film collection to sprout a well designed story and convincing characters. It's just a straight up guy movie: nice cars, hot woman, over-the-top action, extremely muscular male roles, etc.

I do understand your perspective, though. You could say Drive partly helps fill that void of a quality car film, but it's just a few minutes and chases short of being considered on par with a proper action movie.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:51 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 04 February 2013 - 08:53 PM.

I loved the first one. I've never seen anything like it before. If I had to choose another one that I liked, it would have to be Tokyo Drift. It was fun because it was different from the other sequels and it didn't focus on the same characters. And it wasn't so over-the-top like the others. It was about street racing. I couldn't even watch the last one all the way through. I found it so boring I left the theater. I was never into cars, really.

tomi19
  • tomi19

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

This movie will be awesome.

For those who don't know, the movie will release on May 24th, 2013.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

This is a franchise that really hasn't degraded like some do. It was stupid fun action in the first one, and has the same stuff in all the rest. And even escalates the stupid fun action a little as far as the last couple go. Although it does ride a thin line between stupid fun and just plain stupid.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (tomi19 @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 22:26)
This movie will be awesome.

For those who don't know, the movie will release on May 24th, 2013.

I guess 24/05 really did mean something good. ph34r.gif

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Well that's another series gone to the sh*tter.

The first to the fourth films were awesome, but at Fast Five it just went a bit sh*ttier, it wasn't focusing on the cars, street racing and tuning, it just decided to be another generic bank heist movie with cars cheaply slapped on so they can say "oh look guys this is like the others lol".

I hoped they'd go back to the proper Fast films for the sixth, but it turns out they've not.

Oh, well.

Oh, and that trailer just looks like movie form of Saints Row The Third. Why watch a generic action film when I can play one?

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Extended trailer or something...cool. BUT, those f*ckers do drive a tank over a 69' Mustang...

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Yep, still going to see this movie, and the first post has been updated with the better and longer trailer.
  • Prometheus likes this

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

That trailer is nothing short of Epicness

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

They filmed a scene near my apartment late last year here in London. All residents living in the vicinity all received notices and even a short synopsis of the scene that was being filmed. Needless to say I am looking forward to this movie as I thoroughly enjoyed the last one. The F&F series is maturing and I like this heist + cars deal they've got going on.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 13:02)
They filmed a scene near my apartment late last year here in London. All residents living in the vicinity all received notices and even a short synopsis of the scene that was being filmed. Needless to say I am looking forward to this movie as I thoroughly enjoyed the last one. The F&F series is maturing and I like this heist + cars deal they've got going on.

Can you tell us what the scene is/was

Linc.
  • Linc.

16 5 5

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

Damn this will be awesome. I've loved every single Fast and the Furious film and I can't imagine that's about to change, can't wait for it. This is definitely one to see at the cinemas.

f*ckin pumped mate! biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users