Photo

[Storyline] THE FLATS Chapter III.: Top Of The World

156 replies to this topic
Gangster_-Ƶ
  • Gangster_-Ƶ

ho ho ho

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:31 AM Edited by Gangster_-Ƶ, 04 August 2016 - 11:46 PM.

BK90s
  • BK90s

The Baller

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:03 PM Edited by BK90s, 03 January 2016 - 03:22 PM.

I was very surprised about the fact that this many people gave their vote to my storyline for Best Storyline in the DYOM Awards, which I am very grateful about, I would like to thank everyone who supports The Flats! :D

Also I would like to give a quick update about the future of The Flats series. I have made a definite promise to myself, as well as I will do it to you guys. Life is not endless, neither will this story will, but what I will promise to you guys, that the Flats will have 3 more chapters before it will end once and for all.

Now to elaborate on that, when I started working The Flats, I did not take into consideration the fact that if I want to work on a storyline that serves as a prelude, while also going parallel with the original story, that would be way too long make, and would turn out to be boring at the end. That is why I cut down on the number of the missions I would like to have overall in the whole series. Still, the overall planned number of the missions in this series will certainly be over one hundred, almost similarly to the original game, which has a hundred missions.

What is more important - and this is definitely sure now...

Spoiler

For now, that is all I have got to say, feel free to ask me some questions, and again, thank you for your support, and have a happy new year! ;)

• Huzaifa khan likes this

Brother.
  • Brother.

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:13 PM Edited by Brother., 26 January 2016 - 08:14 PM.

So first of all this is one of the best DYOM storyline's I've ever played. You can easily notice that you've put a lot of effort into making this :colgate:

Is there a release date for Chapter 4? :DD

Huzaifa khan
  • Huzaifa khan

♠♠The Gangsta‘♠♠

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:32 PM

Finally, I played this whole f*cking awesome bullsh*t (SL) :) Seriously that's such an awesome gangsta' story. I ever played in my whole dyom career. Specially, I like the way you're using slang languages and whole freaking awesome gang wars with complete variety. You've done such a hard work with this series. And I salute your work. :^:

Please make more bro...

***Greetings from Huzaifa Khan :)***
  • Brother. likes this

BK90s
  • BK90s

The Baller

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 05:03 PM

Hey everyone.

I didn't want to let anyone have any false hopes in the future looking forward to something that has only been granted without certain details. I really enjoyed doing these series, the first three chapters were wonderful to make. But to be honest, life happens. As much as I like to do this, I have a bunch of other things I decided to pursue in which I see a little more potential to feel the efforts actually being a little more appreciated. By saying this I am not saying bad words about the community itself, because the DYOM community appreciated me, I came here as someone without a name, and to me, pretty much all of a sudden people started to appreciate what I did, which I felt incredibly grateful for.

However, GTA:SA is an old game, yet again, my point here is entirely different what you would expect, which is the fact that a lot of us around here are not teenagers, but people who work a 9 to 5, and have to deal with everyday life, while also we come back sometimes into this community to relax, or do something we love. While I do loved doing this, this is something that takes up way too much effort of my time, and I got something else that might bring me ahead more in life which also a hobby of some sort as a person.

I will visit back every now and then, because I certainly did that frequently, and but I cannot guarantee the continuation of the series, while I also don't want to say that there is absolutely no chance of me not finishing it in the future (however, as time passes by, and this platform gets older, the chances will lower and lower unfortunately...). I don't know what life might bring, but right now, the fact that the 3rd chapter ended the way it is, it makes leaving the community a little less painful, because the Los Santos chapter ended for them, as well as it seems like DYOM for me.

The reason why I still leave the door open about this whole thing only slightly, is because I am a slave of nostalgia, I am a slave of going back to a time to which I cherish memories from, and this applied to this project.

I would like to thank the support of this great community for showing its appreciation to me, the fact that I won the Best Gameplay Designer award of 2015, and the fact that the Flats have won the Best Storyline award. I am thankful, and feel honored.

After all this - which I thought would make it a little easier - it actually made a little harder to leave. Yet, loose ends need to be cut.

Hope you'll achieve the same feeling after I did, by putting as much effort into what you do as how much I tried to put into this project.

With Love and Respect,

BK90s, a.k.a. the  British_Knight

• Bender and /\rdooZ like this

Bender
  • Bender

is it christmas avatar time already?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 July 2016 - 06:34 PM

We respect your life choices. Stay safe and have a good rest of your life.

BK90s
  • BK90s

The Baller

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:14 PM Edited by BK90s, 08 October 2016 - 11:15 PM.

Apparently, KZ_FREW on Twitch did a playthrough of the first chapter! You can check it at 2:19:00.

https://www.twitch.t...frew/v/91693147

Special shoutout to SatournFan for being a long time fan of the series, as well as recommending the series to him, as well as LnDProductions for the headsup! ;)

KZ_FREW actually told me that they did a live stream where they played with LnD's missions. I thought we could do something like that as well, as some of you might have seen, I take a little long to answer PM's, also it was definitely a fun experience to see people giving live feedback about the mission pack from a different perspective. If you any of guys would like that, I'd get in touch with him so we could actually make this thing happen. It would be a good opportunity for me to tell boring trivia facts and references I sort of hidden in these missions, and answer some questions as well. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users