Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Storyline] The Flats - Chapter 2 is HERE!

128 replies to this topic
Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Busted!

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (WillBe @ Tuesday, Feb 5 2013, 17:36)
Damn, that's some good sh*t, man. smile.gif Even y'know how to use gangsta slang. tounge.gif Man, I fell in love in "Friday Night Live" mission. It's reminding me "The Hangover" movie. tounge.gif Kee it goin', bro!

slang differs from reigon to reigon... especially slang from Nor cal and $hit cal... so i am curious as to what slang is used and what style everything is (to see if the designer did their research)

so ima give it a go...

mc.jocco
  • mc.jocco

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

When its going out?

BK90s
  • BK90s

The Baller

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Be patient jocco, be patient! smile.gif I'm working on it. I've lost a little motivation like a week ago when I accidentally overwritten a mission. It took a little away from my enthusiasm, but I'm back at it, and I'm about to figure out how to continue it!

mc.jocco
  • mc.jocco

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:15 PM

If you need some ideas or something, I'm willing to help!

Martin_GDF
  • Martin_GDF

Schizophrenic Bastard

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:24 AM

One of the best storylines i've ever played in my f*cking life, awesome man! Keep it up!

BK90s
  • BK90s

The Baller

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:13 PM Edited by BK90s, 23 December 2013 - 12:17 PM.

Because of school and a whole bunch of other projects I'm working on I wasn't able to do this one, but since it's holiday, and newest DYOM version is about to get released (just like last year when I released the 1st chapter) I will make an attempt to finish the 2nd chapter which needs 6 missions to finish, and will have 18 missions with intro and outro included. Stay tuned! ;)

• Platinum Card likes this

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

Awesome news. Can't wait. I enjoyed the first chapter, looking forward to the next.

BK90s
  • BK90s

The Baller

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:44 AM Edited by BK90s, 29 December 2013 - 02:52 PM.

I give you guys some info about the next chapter, just to get the fans of this storyline get back, and to get everyone hyped about this one! ;)

Chapter 2.: A New Conception

• A New Conception (Intro)
  • It's No Joke, But Business
  • 10 Dollar Lap Dances
  • Heavy Metal Knuckles
  • One Time, Two Faces
  • Rock Miners
  • Bait In The Box
  • Never Slippin'
  • Refine with Wiliness
  • Funky
  • Bombing the Tower
  • Mulholland Massacre
  • Breaking Bonds
  • When Borders Seem to Fade Away
  • The Bridge Is Over
  • Poisonous Delivery
  • God Save The Prince
  • Parallel Stories (Outro)

The residents of The Flats are about to return! :cool:

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

The mission names alone make me think that it's going to be an epic mission pack. Honestly I can't wait to play this chapter.

Agent Kowalski
  • Agent Kowalski

Let's Hit the Road

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

• Parallel Stories (Outro)

I guess it's a hint of CJ's return. And the whole thing is a hint of The Flats and BK90's return. Yeeeeeeawww. :D

BK90s
  • BK90s

The Baller

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:54 PM Edited by BK90s, 30 December 2013 - 10:50 AM.

Only a few missions, and some testing left until the release, but before that, trivia!

• For those who didn't have a chance to play with this storyline yet: this storyline is a prequel to the story of the original story of the GTA: San Andreas, only showing it from different point of views, and from a different person's view.
  • The concept of making a storyline which has references to the game's storyline was originally supposed to be a story of a hispanic male who is affiliated to Los Santos Vagos.
  • The idea for "The Flats" came from the Ballas gang's original name which in the beta version of the game - according to the game's files - was Flats.
  • There are certain missions or just parts of mission that are could not end up in the storyline, the reasons could be on the meanwhile the ideas implementation failed, the idea just seemed bad, or it ends up overwritten for the default DYOM file due to unfortunate accident.

DragonWarrior (DnW)
  • DragonWarrior (DnW)

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night"-DnW

• Members
  • Sri-Lanka

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:45 AM

Cool thread bro! I'll check out the missions for sure. 

gguywesker101
  • gguywesker101

President

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

good one man...great. Il test it when i can but overall...you did great...you did an amazing job with the logo...realy nice. Looking forward to playing it.

Also if i may add....i disagree with the whole "long intro is bad" thing...it all depends if the intro is interesting or not...if its a good intro it doesnt matter how long it is. The Designer just needs to add a nice song...some cool cutscenes and the player would replay the whole series just to see the intro =)

for me ...a good and interesting intro is the best part of many series...

like i said...looking forwaed to playing this and good luck

Gguywesker101e

BK90s
  • BK90s

The Baller

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:14 AM Edited by BK90s, 04 January 2014 - 09:24 PM.

Chapter 2.: A New Conception

Mission's nameDifficulty
A New ConceptionIntro
It’s No Joke, But BusinessHard
10 Dollar Lap DancesHard
Heavy Metal KnucklesEasy-Medium
One Time, Two FacesEasy
Rock Miners Medium-Hard
Bait In The Box Medium-Hard
Never Slippin’Medium
Refine with WilinessMedium-Hard
FunkyMedium
Bombing The Tower Hard
Mulholland MassacreHard
Breaking BondsMedium-Hard
When Borders Seem to Fade Away Medium
The Bridge Is OverMedium-Hard
Poisonous DeliveryEasy
God Save The PrinceHard
Parallel Stories Outro

CLICK HERE FOR THE SOUNDS

CREATOR'S NOTE

firstly... the new forum is awful! :( I tried at least three kind of BBCode editor to make a table like in the first post but it's almost impossible to do it like that! Even editing the first post would ruin the whole thing, I'm pretty damn sure about that. Second... The DYOM webpage did not let me to put that little sound in one archive so I had to separate them. and third... I actually have nothing else to say to you guys because if you played with the first chapter, you will know what to expect, and if you did not, go and play with it, and only return to the second one after that! ;)

From yours truly: BK90's.

Chips237
  • Chips237

Wide-eyed wanderer

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

Oh my God, it's actually out!

I cannot wait to review this entire chapter!

The GTA Fanatic
  • The GTA Fanatic

Does Princess Peach like to be kidnapped?

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

Great! I love playing a game that i played before but in another perspective!You did a great job!
And dont forget something:
You have imagination,and a dyom mission maker without imagination is nothing...
Anyway i love your job :santa:  :lol:

The GTA Fanatic
  • The GTA Fanatic

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

And please can you make some references like:
1)You are in the Green Sabre and you need to kill CJ's mom
2)Or you are doing missions for Big Smoke or Ryder.
3)You are escaping from the deal of ballas with russians because cj has come with many grove street members.
4)You go undercover and work for sweet and then kill him(when the story of gta sa ends)

BK90s
  • BK90s

The Baller

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:58 PM Edited by BK90s, 03 January 2014 - 01:59 PM.

Can you put these things into one spoiler please?

Spoiler

The GTA Fanatic
  • The GTA Fanatic

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

BK90s,sorry man,havent played chapter 2,only chapter 1.Anyway is such a great storyline.The other storylines were boring and when i lost a mission i leaved the storyline.but im so curios   for what will happen next and i cant leave it.
I was so angry when i lost a mission and destroyed every car in the road :p

Chips237
  • Chips237

Wide-eyed wanderer

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:36 AM Edited by Chips237, 04 January 2014 - 08:13 AM.

Goddamn f*cking PC crashed in the middle of the storyline. Good thing I got it saved.

Anyways, I'll  finish the rest of Chapter 2 today, and I'll review pretty soon.

Finished.

9.7/10

Why?

Spoiler

• The GTA Fanatic likes this

The GTA Fanatic
  • The GTA Fanatic

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

I definetely loved the mission "10 dollar lap dances" because it reminded me VCS empire building.Big like for this chapter,it was amazing

leoncj
  • leoncj

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

Magnificent, fantastic, astonishing.
Cannot wait to play Chapter 2 as soon as I'm done with Chapter 1.

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Soldier

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Ill play this as soon as possible, and I might make a gameplay video of this storyline for my youtube series "Eastern European plays..." :). Good luck!

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

I'm about to play this now. I'm excited to see how everything turns out.

BK90s
  • BK90s

The Baller

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

And the topic is officially highlighted with the "Chapter 2 is Here" adlib added by PatrickW (shoutout to him for taking his time), the old BBCodes of the first post are gone so I had to re-edit them, not the same, but almost, and I already got a bunch of positive reactions which I'm really happy about, thanks you guys! :D Feel free to post a review in the official mission reviews topic, so the word spreads, and a bunch of others will feel the urge to join the experience! ;)

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

Just started the intro and the first mission but my game crashed near completing the 1st mission (Could be map mods or something) but one could really consider this a San Andreas DLC. I'm going back to try this again. Hopefully with no crashing.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

Awesome storyline! Will give you full feedback after i'm done with chapter 2. Keep it up! 

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

Ten Outta Fish

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:29 AM

Well, I finished the 2nd chapter and can pretty much say this is one of the best mission packs on my list. The story, despite being overused as hell, is entertaining, the missions are very well-made, the characters are likeable and the dialogues are fantastic.

One thing that bothers me though is that you said it is a prequel of the original story, so if this is truth, is the next released chapter going to be the last one?

As for the rating, I guess I can say this mission pack is perfect, aside several grammatical mistakes I've found. 5/5.

BK90s
  • BK90s

The Baller

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

Appreciate your words, thank you very much! :D

Somewhere I've written that in the beginning it will be a prequel to the original game and after that it will go in parallel with the original game's storyline. I got a bunch of stuff planned out, sometimes I'm just bugging out around different parts of San Andreas thinking about "yeah, this place would be good in a mission" or some stuff like that.

Spoiler

About the grammatical mistakes, I hope that they are not that frequent aside of the street terminology, secretly I'm working on earning and later defending the grammar nazi title. :D

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

Ten Outta Fish

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

Appreciate your words, thank you very much! :D

Somewhere I've written that in the beginning it will be a prequel to the original game and after that it will go in parallel with the original game's storyline. I got a bunch of stuff planned out, sometimes I'm just bugging out around different parts of San Andreas thinking about "yeah, this place would be good in a mission" or some stuff like that.

Spoiler

About the grammatical mistakes, I hope that they are not that frequent aside of the street terminology, secretly I'm working on earning and later defending the grammar nazi title. :D

Oh okay. I thought that you're going to end it pretty soon. Can I ask you a couple of more questions though?

1. How many chapters are planned in total?

2. How soon will you start to work on the 3rd chapter?

3. After what SA event do you plan to end? Or do you want to go 'till the end of original story?

And no, the mistakes were rarely found, I guess about 2-3 in that new chapter, and I didn't see any in the 1st, so it's good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users