Photo

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl

1,857 replies to this topic
TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 4 weeks ago.

I have to agree with the sentiment that the Arrowverse shows lack any real long-term consequences for major events. Save for a few permanent deaths (Laurel, Henry, Tommy, and Moira) you can be pretty sure that no major character is going to permanently die on any of these shows, like ever. Flashpoint had potential had it lasted more than a single f*cking episode and made more changes than just the gender of Diggle's child.

I think they should have waited a few episodes for Barry to come back on Flash because it doesn't leave much room for Wally and Cisco to be of much use now that Barry is the fastest speedster ever.

As for Arrow, there was basically no "Fallout" from the island explosion. Nobody gives a damn about Samantha dying, Diggle will be back to his old self in a matter of a few episodes, and the same goes for Thea.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Arrow'season premiere kinda felt all rushed off. No one stays dead on Arrow for too long. For you all could know, Theo would wake from her coma in the next episode itself. The didn't use the Flashpoint concept properly and now they're doing the same with this Season. There were a lot of possibilities that they wasted. Arrow's a victim to this as well. The prometheus storyline felt a lot proper than this. Diggle having PTST? That's the worst subplot they could come up with? Samantha's death should have more impact on Oliver. This way, William doesn't even feel like a proper character at all. He would have been better off with Samantha's parents.

And why a sudden identity controversy? Arrow has tried really hard to show that Oliver isn't the Arrow. And now, they're trying to base a storyline off his identity reveal? Doesn't make much sense.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Zello, 4 weeks ago.

They've done that Oliver Queen is the green Arrow arc like three times now it's getting old. The people of Starling must be stupid if they didn't know by now.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 4 weeks ago

Seriously, the citizens of Star City are morons if they dont already know Oliver Queen is Green Arrow. So they know he was Arrow, its not a huge assumption to think hes the Green Arrow. They look exactly the same. Sound exactly the same.
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive and AlienTwo like this

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India

Posted 4 weeks ago

Seriously, the citizens of Star City are morons if they dont already know Oliver Queen is Green Arrow. So they know he was Arrow, its not a huge assumption to think hes the Green Arrow. They look exactly the same. Sound exactly the same.

Except the part where he uses a damn voice modulator though.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

It always pissed me off that the citizens of Star City thought that Green Arrow was a different person than "The Arrow". How stupid are they? So the "Arrow" "dies" and six months later a guy with the exact same style of outfit, same voice, and same training just happens to show up and they think it's a different person? I wish the show had the balls to just finally out his identity for good, it would certainly shake things up and make the show more interesting. He'd have to be quick on his feet and thinking to protect William and the others from his enemies and would make for some damn entertaining press conferences.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

HE SAID BRUCE WAYNE!!!!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

They brought Supes into the universe. They really want Batman in there. Last season Supergirl referenced Supermans friend with pointy ears. Last night the flying Graysons were referenced in LoT. And now this.

Itll happen eventually.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India

Posted 4 weeks ago

Legends was really fun last night. "We're bringing the Circus to the Circus". No arguments here. It was kinda funny how Mick was scared of Clowns. Amaya needs to go TBH. No reason for her to be there. Why bother bringing her back? Nate over-acted. And Victor Garber's magic tricks were nice indeed. Memorable circus in 1870 overall.

As for Arrow, why can't they do an identity reveal already? What do they want next? Bruce Wayne in Star City?

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

They brought Supes into the universe. They really want Batman in there. Last season Supergirl referenced Supermans friend with pointy ears. Last night the flying Graysons were referenced in LoT. And now this.

Itll happen eventually.

Makes me wonder if Oliver was referencing Gotham's young Bruce Wayne, the DCEU one, or one that just exists separately in the Arrowverse continuity. If they do ever decide to introduce Bruce I hope it's the one from Gotham, not because I like that incarnation (I don't), but because I'd like to see Oliver face off against some Gotham villains like Penguin and Riddler. The major villains on that show are actually really well done.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Arrow, 4 weeks ago.

Makes me wonder if Oliver was referencing Gotham's young Bruce Wayne, the DCEU one, or one that just exists separately in the Arrowverse continuity. If they do ever decide to introduce Bruce I hope it's the one from Gotham, not because I like that incarnation (I don't), but because I'd like to see Oliver face off against some Gotham villains like Penguin and Riddler. The major villains on that show are actually really well done.

No one wants to see a young Bruce Wayne on the Arrowverse TBH. Also a young Bruce can't dress up as the Green Arrow, so he's probably referring to an older Bruce.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I have to say I'm actually surprised to be enjoying the presence of William on Arrow and what that means for Oliver. It's just something really different and new from what we've seen on the show before. I really liked the heart to heart talk they had in the limo about how he should punch his bullies in the nose.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

Once again, Legends of Tomorrow was really fun. Looks like they got themselves another member on the Waverider. The Flash was good. Some jinxed meta human we got to see there. What bothered me was Cisco's lack of acceptance with Harry. They both got along pretty good in the past seasons. The Flash needs a version of Harrison every season. This year, they decided to have Harry booted off his own home in Earth-2. Maybe they should stick with Harry for the upcoming seasons.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

So Arrow last night, what's that, I smell the unforgiving stench of Olicity.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago

So Arrow last night, what's that, I smell the unforgiving stench of Olicity.

Berlanti never gives on Olicity? I mean, come on. Seriously? There's barely any chemistry between them these days. Why can't we just get past it? Also, John long till Diggle stays the Arrow? He's taking drugs? Well that's a morality hit to one of the most sensible people on the show.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

All the Arrowverse shows were pretty great this week.

On The Flash, we finally get the Elongated Man. He's definitely one of the more entertaining characters that the show has introduced. Seeing Danny Trejo as Gypsy's father was great and funny; that man is a treasure. I'm really liking the overall tone of this season: lighter, funnier, and less of that dark, depressing sh*t we had last season. It's also nice to have a main villain who isn't a speedster, and not only that, he's the smartest person in the world.

Legends was f*cking fantastic this week too. So many awesome pop culture nods: the Delorean, the E.T. imagery. The baby Dominator was also pretty adorable. This show has definitely come a long way from that "okay" first season. It knows not to take itself seriously at all, and it embraces the lunacy that comes with having a band of misfits traveling through time.

Arrow is really different this season, in both good and bad ways. I'm not sure I'm on board with the whole "team" of villains thing they've decided to do instead of having one large main villain. On the other hand, having Oliver step down and handing the reigns over to Diggle for the time being is a nice way to mix things up. I know I've said it before, but I really like the scenes with William bonding with Oliver and Felicity. Oliver needs to catch a break and watching him slowly win over his son is enjoyable.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Supergirl was interesting, stupid people following a false god, not sure how I feel about it

Flash was amazing, Danny Trejo is always a win, I caught that Mechete reference as well, and your right about the tone of the show it's much more up lifting and fun

Legends was fantastic, it was fun and I feel Rory is coming into his own along with everyone else, also why break up Firestorm, how do you do that

Arrow was ok, next week can't happen soon enough, SLADE WILSON!!!!!!!

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

also why break up Firestorm, how do you do that

It's because Victor Garber (who plays Stein) is leaving the show this season to go back to acting on stage.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Olicity is fine as long as Felicity doesnt become the star of the show.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India

Posted A week ago

Felicity needs less screen time. Oliver and the Team need to under microscope mostly. Legends was fun. It'd be interesting to see how they break the Firestorm matrix. I mean, can it be done? There's stabilizing it and stuff. The Flash, we'll it was fun seeing Danny Trejo. Next week's episode is going to be like some sort of break. Are they even running out of episodes ideas or what?

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Damian Darhk, that's not good

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The Flash was pretty boring this week. There were a few funny moments like drunk Barry and Ralph being Ralph, but other than that it was forgettable.

Legends was decent. I have mixed feelings on Darhk coming back. He was okay on Arrow, but I think worked better on Legends last season. I loved the fight scene that was choreographed to "Return of the Mack".

Arrow was pretty different this week. I liked seeing a bit of Slade's backstory and the identity of Vigilante caught me off guard. No one here guessed it would be Dinah's old partner and I certainly didn't see that coming.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Zello, 6 days ago.

http://variety.com/2...erg-1202612522/

Kreisberg in trouble for sexual harassment

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Corndawg93, 6 days ago.

http://variety.com/2...erg-1202612522/

Kreisberg in trouble for sexual harassment

Who isn't

Anywho, here what I thought

Supergirl was ok, What happen to Maxwell

Flash was garbage, don't need no feministic crap being shoved in my face

Legends was good, but does Damian have memories of season 4 of Arrow and will he get revenge on Oliver

Arrow was good, SLADE WILSON!!!!! but the stuff with Vigilante was underwhelming

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 5 days ago

This feels like a nice mashup between X: Apocalypse Wolverine escape scene and DareDevil's biker hallway scene. Not a bad shot at all. The stunt director's must've went all out since the Raid Director guy may or may not direct the solo Deathstroke film.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India

Posted 5 days ago

Arrow has three antagonists now. First, it's Laurel. There's Cayden James and finally Slade's son. And last but not the least, Vince (the vigilante). I knew the reveal was going to be an unexpected face. So many people to deal with Season. Hopefully it'll be all packed up.

Legends was alright this week. Nice fights. Zari was skeptic as usual. Why won't she learn? It's sort of annoying. I'm not impressed with them bringing back Dahrk. I didn't like his presence last season. It felt rather unwelcome. Fortunately, the next episode deals with the Firestorm break-up. Lets see what they do with it.

The Flash was alright. It was sort of fun. Killer Frost is going through character developments. Does Caitlin even need another personality inside her? It was one hell of a bachelor party. I guess normal or anything related to fun and party never works for this show.

DexPac
  • DexPac

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Arrow has three antagonists now. First, it's Laurel. There's Cayden James and finally Slade's son. And last but not the least, Vince (the vigilante). I knew the reveal was going to be an unexpected face. So many people to deal with Season. Hopefully it'll be all packed up.

What's weird about it is that none of them really feel like "Arrow's Villains". Laurel's story is more tied to Quentin, Joe is more tied to Slade, and Vigilante is tied to Black Canary. Oliver feels like a minor character in his own show just sort of along for the ride while everyone else sorts out their much more interesting stuff.

Even the FBI investigation into whether or not Oliver is the Green Arrow is more about the rest of the team right now than Oliver.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 hours ago

Supergirl was excellent, I want to see more of that, also WHAT HAPPEN TO MAXWELL LORD

Flash was ok, didn't blow me away like everything

Legends was great, Jax and Stein switching minds was funny and WONDER WOMEN CONFIRMED

Arrow was good, SLADE WILSON, but everything else was poo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users