» «
Photo

Arrow/The Flash

189 replies to this topic
IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by IDredMan, 2 weeks ago.

Flash:

This is getting kinda boring. The Flash should do something. It literally has no direction currently.

We'v seen set pictures of Reverse Flash, let's see him. He's the kind of mastermind that would spawn off a good plot for this show.

They'v teased Grodd this episode, maybe do that as well.

They did Captain Cold, how about the Rogues?

It doesn't feel like this show wants to do anything.

Arrow:

Everyone and their f*cking mother has a bow and arrow. Jesus Christ. At this point, they're probably gonna replace every weapon in the show with a bow and arrow because the budget doesn't allow for muzzle flash effects.

I haven't seen enough of Cupid ...Or anything at all except for that ...Line (No words can describe).

But I can safely assume I'll hate her. I should stop watching Arrow, it's getting on my nerves. It has me nitpicking. I really don't like it anymore.

Alien
  • Alien

Go then; There are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 2 weeks ago

So the Flash is now doing the Superman deal with Barry and Iris?  Feels so  similar, also to the Arrow, this is a little silly.  Also... the "Red Streak" needs, MUST end.  It's not a very pleasant mental image.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted A week ago

One thing Arrow is doing good this season is making Laurel relevant. They're also making her...
Spoiler

Also, she looks a lot better this season, apparently she gained a ton of muscle training. She no longer looks like a skeleton.
  • Girish and krashr like this

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted A week ago

Flash:

This is getting kinda boring. The Flash should do something. It literally has no direction currently.

We'v seen set pictures of Reverse Flash, let's see him. He's the kind of mastermind that would spawn off a good plot for this show.

They'v teased Grodd this episode, maybe do that as well.

They did Captain Cold, how about the Rogues?

It doesn't feel like this show wants to do anything.

Arrow:

Everyone and their f*cking mother has a bow and arrow. Jesus Christ. At this point, they're probably gonna replace every weapon in the show with a bow and arrow because the budget doesn't allow for muzzle flash effects.

I haven't seen enough of Cupid ...Or anything at all except for that ...Line (No words can describe).

But I can safely assume I'll hate her. I should stop watching Arrow, it's getting on my nerves. It has me nitpicking. I really don't like it anymore.

Flash: It's been five episodes. Five episodes of a 24 episode season that (should things go smoothly ratings wise) will probably run for at least 6 seasons. Are you expecting them to exhaust every Flash villain, plotline and other ancillary characters within ten episodes? And because the number of episodes aired so far is still in single digits, it's still introducing the audience to the world, it's characters and some of the issues and powers that Barry is capable of. Hence why we got that scene where Barry tried to run up a wall. We'll probably get a scene at some point trying out his 'tornado arms' move (I have no idea what that move is called but I'm going to call it that). 

Yes Reverse Flash is going. We know this because we saw him in the first episode. But first they need to build up the relationship between Barry and Thawne (or Dr Wells if they go that route) so that when the Reverse Flash does eventually show up, the scenes between them are going to have some weight to them.

The Rogues are coming. We saw the start of that at the end of The Captain Cold episode.

Grodd is coming hence that scene at the end of the last episode and the little teaser in the first episode.

This show does have direction. It's dropping these little seeds of story so that they can bloom later in the season. Right now, it's building the relationships between the characters. I guess what I'm saying is, be patient.

• darthYENIK, Girish, In Bed With Jed and 2 others like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted A week ago

If anything should be said, it's that I think these first episodes of Flash are better than the first few episodes of Arrow.  

Also, with Arrow, we need to see where they're going with all of this.  They obviously want to set up some sort of war between the League of Assassins and Green Arrow.  I'm still hoping, since they completely neutered Komodo, that they replace his role in the Outsiders War with Malcolm Merlyn.  It would make sense, because they're almost the same character.  This would also make all of the bow and arrow users make sense, and...

Spoiler

Either way, they seem to have something brewing, that could be cool.  Like Andy said, it's only a few episodes into a long season, let's not trick ourselves into thinking they need to blow their wad before the midseason finale.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted A week ago

Flash:

Holy sh*t. Reverse Flash is freaky as f*ck. Jesse L. Martin f*cking rocks. My heart shat it's pants in that scene. GAWD!

I was gonna post some of the funny alternate lines I came up with out of my pre-show boredom that spilled into some scenes.

But this was really good.

Out of all the Marvel/DC shows currently showing, Flash currently has the best characters. Wells, Berry, Joe, Thawne. I love em all. I especially loved the scenes with Eddie and Berry because, well ...I'v always liked chilled out connections between arch enemies. The scenes with Joe and Wells were pretty good, they were enjoyable and they added to his character.

Again, Reverse Flash, freaky as f*ck, not sure why he's basically a demon out of hell with straight up red eyes and hellcries. But I love it.

No hopes for Arrow when it airs, tho. The second episode was surprisingly good, I want this one to be, too.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Flash continues to impress me more and more with each new episode. That mach 1.1 punch he landed on Tony was f*cking epic. Dr. Wells continues to be a fascinating character with his little bonus scenes at the end of each episode being a highlight to me. I'm thinking he's Reverse Flash after last night's episode. Next week they're bringing back Tockman (played by the very-talented Robert Knepper) to lead a coup inside the city's police station so I'm pumped for that.

Arrow, on the other hand, has been a complete let-down this season, apart from the episode where they try to track down and kill Malcolm (still easily my favorite character on the show) with Nyssa. Tonight's episode looks to be another stinker based on early previews. I think the lack of a lead villain (yes I know it's Ra'as but he's had only one very brief appearance) this season thus far is hurting the show. It doesn't help that the flashbacks have been comete garbage either. I also don't like how they're dragging their feet with the Sara murder mystery. I will say that Ray Palmer continues to be the best new addition to the cast.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci
  • None

Posted A week ago

The Flash is probably the best superheroes tv series i've watched. It just keep getting interesting for each episode.
I've watched Arrow for a bit, but the first few episode kinda get boring IMO. Same stuff can be said with Gotham.
And i've watch Smallville too, but i honestly can't remember a thing about it.

Alien
  • Alien

Go then; There are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted A week ago

Loved Flash, especially as we finally killed this "red streak" thing, which made me cringe everytime he was referred to as that... 

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by IDredMan, 6 days ago.

Spoiler

Yeah ..I'm bored.

Arrow:

THE ATOM! YES! RAY PALMER RULES! EVERYONE ELSE EXCEPT MERLIN SUCKS!

Yes!

I'm so glad Palmer is gonna be more relevant, he's the best thing about this show.

Looking forward to the Flash/Arrow crossover.

Not looking forward to that Captain Boomerang.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users