Arrow/The Flash

292 replies to this topic
WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Finally got around to watching these after a very busy week studying.

The Flash: A very interesting revelation about Ronnie fusing with the other scientist. The preview from the next episode makes it seem as if it's Ronnie's body, but the other guy is in control. Caitlin's scenes were great, I'm glad the show is finally starting to acknowledge her properly. I also very much enjoyed that touching scene Barry had with his father towards the end of the episode. Barry's new girlfriend seemed kind of shoe-horned into the plot, only there to stir some jealousy in Iris. I don't know much about Grodd, but from the little I have read about him it seems as though he'll be an interesting opponent.

Arrow: Holy sh*t, Felicity was a morally-condescending bitch this episode. I continue to find that I'm liking Laurel now because she's more active in the actual fights and has a lot of courage and spirit driving her. The part where Malcolm was actually struggling as to whether or not to kill Brick was ridiculous, this is a man who slaughtered over five hundred innocent people and worked with the deadliest warriors in the world, and I'm expected to believe he would be hesitant to kill the man who murdered his wife as he's insulting her? Give me a break. There is no redemption for him. On the plus side, I do think it will be very interesting to see Malcolm training Oliver to kill Rhas.

• Alien likes this

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 3 weeks ago

I laughed pretty hard when he gave a speech on top of the van.

I had forgiven everything else, but that part actually made me cringe. I hoped that he would have an inconspicuous return but the writers completely shat on that.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 3 weeks ago

That was pretty weird and out of character, I thought. I mean, it's actually kind of more like the classic Green Arrow, but out of character from what we've seen on this show.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

It was nice of him to randomly shoot an arrow in someone's back to show Roy and Laurel that he had returned. I'm sure he appreciated that. (I won't say the guy died.. Oliver DID just survive a stab wound through the heart).

Firestorm COULD fit in this season if Grodd is saved for season 2, like how Deathstroke was saved for season 2 of Arrow.

Then they'd be doing Firestorm, Reverse Flash and the Rogues. And we know that Mark Hamill Trickster will exist. And then maybe a spinoff series where Mark Hamill plays every character. Every. Single. One.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

A decent episode. I really like that they're finally taking a new investigation into the murder seriously, but the fact that there were photographs of that night almost seemed like a deus ex machina played only for convenience to the writers. I don't know why Caitlin was taking her sweet time to get the device attached to Ronnie, the guy was literally seconds from going boom. Oh, and it goes without saying that Barry's new girlfriend is kind of a bitch. I can understand being upset about being walked out on, but he made it very clear that it was an emergency and I think most people would understand.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to the introduction of time travel next week. 

• Alien likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I love the Flash and you know I can't live without it.

But why did the Central City Police Force because such imbeciles after the Flash came?

Also... Did the Flash just f*cking say "Flame on" at Firestorm? I don't know how to react to that. I wanna laugh, I wanna smile, I wanna quit, I wanna punch someone.

And time traveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel.

• Alien likes this

In Bed With Jed
  • In Bed With Jed

=A=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

I refuse to believe they didn't spot that blood. And if they did, that they weren't dumb enough to just assume it was the fathers/mothers blood. I'm pretty sure it's protocol to run the tests even if it looks like a dead cert. I also doubt that they would just leave the blood there. 

• krashr likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

But why did the Central City Police Force because such imbeciles after the Flash came?

Also... Did the Flash just f*cking say "Flame on" at Firestorm? I don't know how to react to that. I wanna laugh, I wanna smile, I wanna quit, I wanna punch someone.

Those kind of crossover lines happen all the time in the comics. Hell, read a Deadpool or Spider-Man comic, they constantly do it.
  • Alien and krashr like this

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by WhatsStrength, 3 weeks ago.

Nice to see that Laurel's been given Oliver's blessing to join the team. I was expecting Thea to rage quit again after Oliver told her the truth. Also, what's with the villains holding out to make the kill on this show? First we had the DJ assassin with a knife to Thea's throat, which instead of slashing he kept chatting with her. Then there's Vertigo, who had Laurel pinned against a fence with Arrow nowhere to be seen. The whole "return to Lian Yu" element seems out of place and just an excuse to bring Slade back, and don't get me wrong, I love me some Slade, but they should have figured something else out for him.

SPOILERS - Photos from next week.

Spoiler

I'm calling bullsh*t on that second-to-last pic. She couldn't last a second against him.

• Alien likes this

Alien
  • Alien

I have been - and always shall be your friend.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 3 weeks ago

Those kind of crossover lines happen all the time in the comics. Hell, read a Deadpool or Spider-Man comic, they constantly do it.

I heard it too, I think I was more surprised as it's a Marvel line... made me laugh out loud though.  

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

f*ck yeah, Peter Stormare!

So the League has a DJ spying on Thea and Thea alone.

Now let's look at it from the League's perspective.

Prior to the mid-season finale, they thought Malcolm Merlyn killed Sarah. So they decided to spy on Thea for some reason.

Then, they think Oliver killed Sarah, and they're still spying on Thea for no reason.

This really feels like they wanted him to be a Thea love interest, but everyone shat on him so they made him a spy.

But I'm also so glad they didn't overcomplicate Ollie's reveal to Thea.

Also...

f*ck yeah, Paul Blackthorn!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

They still haven't given Zytle his due.

I highly suggest people read Green Arrow 23.1, which gives Zytle's origin story. It's dark, it's engaging, and it gives a depth to the character that's sorely needed in Arrow. Although, it would be hard to do him right, now that he's shown certain qualities. Or that is, not shown certain qualities.

Still hope they get to Vlatava where he is royalty.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think Arrow's surpassed The Flash again for my interest - the writing on Flash has gotten kind of clunky and melodramatic, and what the f*ck's up with all the references of "millenials" and the characters knocking the generation?

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Grodd next week. YAY!

Hope he's voiced by the same dude who voiced him in the JL TV Show.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by WhatsStrength, 2 weeks ago.

Holy sh*t, that preview for the next episode has me so pumped right now. They've finally figured out it was Wells, and the fallout will be quite the sight to behold. I also must say that it was interesting to see Wells in costume for the first time. But a MONTH? sh*t!

• Matty256 likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

WHAT THE f*ck? MARCH? You've gotta be sh*tting me. What is this.

I was also saddened by the fact that Grodd was more Beefy-spooky-monster than the Grodd he was in Justice League.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Extended promo!

• krashr likes this

krashr
  • krashr

best awesome

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

great episode. i liked seeing the practical gadgets that are being used by the military, those needles that are attracted to kinetic energy were cool. i was slightly miffed when ronnie and flash just left the general lying there again after defeating him, but i was soon appeased when i saw what happened to him afterwards. seeing wells in the outfit and grodd was awesome.

next one looks good, is there a reason for the one month wait so soon after the mid season break?

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

hojkokfijt0ujov9lobq.gif

What the sh*t did I just watch? This has to be some sort of mistake, I'm pretty sure the main highlight of this episode was supposed to be the return of Slade, not a flashback heavy episode. Guy didn't even get 15 minutes of screen time, and not only that but f*cking THEA gets the drop on him? Yeah, I know she was training with Merlyn, but that was only a few months, and I'm supposed to believe that those few months are enough to get by a guy who's been in the Australian Special Forces for several years? I also love how the switch to open the doors in the ARGUS prison was just around the corner of the cell wall, anyone with long arms could have f*cking exploited that. Oh, and how could I forget the absolutely ludicrous idea to bring Oliver back to Starling City. During the first two seasons, the show tells us that he spent five years on the island, then they throw him into HONG KONG, only one of the most heavily-populated cities on Earth, but now I'm supposed to buy that he went back to his hometown as well? After the general thanked Oliver, he should have just said "Okay, cool, now get out of my way I'm going home" instead of actually agreeing to go back to China for a debriefing.

The writers have really dropped the ball this season, it's stupefying that these are the same people behind The Flash, a much better show at this point. First, they ruin Vertigo by making him a joke of a villain and a disgrace to Peter Stormare's career, then they pander to the CW teen girl audience with all of the Olicity shipping bullsh*t (even managing to sneak her into tonight's episode), and now they've basically made the MAIN VILLAIN from last season a side act to a ridiculous flashback episode. f*ck.

Spoiler

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

hojkokfijt0ujov9lobq.gif

Oh my gawd. That has to be the highest quality gif I've EVAH seen.

Now, I'd hate to say "I told you so"

...But since I don't know you people. And since I have a 2 star rating on my profile, meaning you people don't like me... I'm just be sit back and get fat because Slade was forced. He was very welcome in Season 2 because he had relevance but this is just wat. The good thing that came from that is that probably Captain Boomerang is also released. HELL YEAH ROGUES!

Next week's promo:

Flashback Ollie can shove off.

Current Ollie can take a seat.

Homeless Ras Al Ghul can soak in the lazarus pit for a few episodes.

Felicity can take a break and stop being a bitch to literally everyone.

All I want is the ATOM.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Well it wasn't sh*t like last week's episode, I guess that's a good thing. Can't wait for the impending shipper rage at the fact that Ray got to tap Felicity before Oliver. As for Rhas wanting Oliver to take his place, I had always thought about that as a possibility, considering he made a similar offer to Batman. Glad they fixed the Atom's visor, suit looks good overall, only issue is that it's a little bulky. Also f*ck Waller, I hope she rots at the bottom of the ocean.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I better not see them tell Oliver that they want him to take Ra's' place as the leader of the Assassins. Only one man is worthy of that role. And he makes it a habit of refusing the offer.

I like Ollie, but he's no Batman, and this offer feels cheap because of that.
  • Moonshield and krashr like this

krashr
  • krashr

best awesome

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

i remember you posting that and hoping they wouldn't go there, totally agree. i wish laurel would get better at fighting too, she keeps going in to situations and being completely useless. she's making canary look bad. the atom stuff was cool and it was good to see merlyn get his butt kicked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users