» «
Photo

Arrow/The Flash

339 replies to this topic
Itachi Uchiha
  • Itachi Uchiha

Let's Rock

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:06 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 09 May 2014 - 12:38 AM.

7495782.3.jpg

Hey guys i started to watch this show, and i love it the story oliver the island god so good. So any arrow fans what you think of this show?

EDIT: And also talk about The Flash! -darthYENIK

1623693_253186638194034_1900401912_n.jpg

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

I am a fan of comics (if you couldn't tell from my signature). And although this show has potential with all sorts of characters and Easter eggs from the DC comics universe, like Deathstroke, Huntress, and Deadshot, it doesn't utilize them the way they should be. They spend too much time with Tommy Merlin and Laurel Lance, and Oliver's family. This is Green Arrow, there should be crazy acrobatics while shooting arrows, and crazy villains that are barely believable. The stuff of the island, that's the interesting stuff. Especially Deathstroke who kicks all sorts of ass. I just think there needs to be more comic book in this show.

It feels like an Oliver Queen TV show that has to have Green Arrow, as opposed to a Green Arrow show that has to have Oliver Queen. And that feels like a cop out. I hope if they get a second season they recognize this.

I do geek out when I see characters like Firefly or Deadshot.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sunday, Feb 3 2013, 23:26)
The stuff of the island, that's the interesting stuff.

Oh yeah, I totally love those flashbacks. The show definitely needs to incorporate more of that.

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sunday, Feb 3 2013, 23:26)
It feels like an Oliver Queen TV show that has to have Green Arrow, as opposed to a Green Arrow show that has to have Oliver Queen.  And that feels like a cop out.  I hope if they get a second season they recognize this.

The Nolan effect; showcasing the story from the main character's point of view as opposed to his alter ego. Although, I'm not in a position to complain because I haven't read the comics.

Overall, I like the show. It's got me hooked.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:30 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 21 February 2013 - 05:40 AM.

Now that Janina Gavankar is on this show, I am willing to overlook the lack of awesome comic book action, if they have more Janina.

Much the same way I feel about True Blood.

Edit: Also, SPEEDY!!! Or Red Arrow!!! Or Arsenal!!! He's banging Starfire in the comics. Starfire is really hot.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:26 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 10 October 2013 - 04:27 AM.

Bump.  Season 2 premiere tonight.  And I have to say, this show is doing it right, now.

Lots more action, lots less classic CW tween drama.  Also, Roy is going out as a copycat.  I think they're going to call him Arsenal by the end of the season.  And with the season premiere we got our first glance at Black Canary.  She isn't wearing fishnets, but it's still awesome.

The comics are actually taking things off of the TV show.  Diggle is now an actual character in the comics.

P.S. She's no Starfire, but Felicity is hot.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

Janina Gavankar

SHIVA KAMINI SOMA KONDAKRAAAAAMMMMM

Is this show worth checking out then? I'm a big GA fan, but all the previews I saw of the first season were cheesy CW as f*ck.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:40 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 10 October 2013 - 05:41 PM.

That's a hard one to answer.  The first season stunk of the typical CW bullsh*t, but it also had some decent action.  I wouldn't say anything mind blowing, though.  If you're a fan of DC comics, you'll enjoy it, as I have.  And hopefully, by the looks of things they want to break away from that, a bit.  The season 1 finale and the season 2 premiere were much less soap opera-ish, and got down to business.  Oh, and The Flash is supposed to make an appearance eventually, so that's even more incentive for DC fans.

Season 1 is on Netflix, if you want to watch a few episodes.  I'd suggest watching the first and last episodes of Season 1, at least.

P.S.  Janina was only on a few episodes and then was "Poochie'd".   :cry:

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

found the show a bit dull and predictable. There is nothing really new here, just that the good bloke uses bow instead of a gun. Big deal...

-It's a batman clone, really.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:00 AM

There are subtle but vast differences between Green Arrow and Batman. But I suppose that's why they get along so well in the comics. But to call him a "clone" is not a bit ignorant.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:22 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 24 October 2013 - 04:01 AM.

Awesome, the Dollmaker is in this week's episode. And Barton Mathis was created by Tony S. Daniel in the New 52 Detective Comics, and Mathis' lawyer in the show is Tony Daniel. The character is the one who cut Joker's face off in Detective Comics #1.

My Bat-boner is raging right now. To win me over they can just have Batman villains in every episode.

Edit: And it looks like the Birds of Prey are going to be in this show! I hope Barbara Gordon appears somehow. Bat-boner growing at the thought of it.

Edit2: AND RA'S AL GHUL!!! Bat-boner is at maximum girth!!!

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Woah, woah, woah, woah... that was awesome!!! This show is starting to peek my interest more than ever. Can hardly wait for the upcoming episodes.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

I actually loved arrow when kid, long time ago.

Back then the comic was set on the seventies, so there was no hi-tech, and bad guys only had revolvers and an occasional tommy gun.

Now, on that setting arrow worked. Against those odds bow was a good weapon, along with modified arrows.

But now the new arrow is set in today's world, and to me, that just does not work.

Arrow can no longer count on his bow and arrows. He is forced to use hi-tech gadgets and stuff along with his bow, and that just ruins the hero for me.

For to me, arrow is an old skool hero, a sort of american version of Robin Hood.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

I actually loved arrow when kid, long time ago.

Back then the comic was set on the seventies, so there was no hi-tech, and bad guys only had revolvers and an occasional tommy gun.

Now, on that setting arrow worked. Against those odds bow was a good weapon, along with modified arrows.

But now the new arrow is set in today's world, and to me, that just does not work.

Arrow can no longer count on his bow and arrows. He is forced to use hi-tech gadgets and stuff along with his bow, and that just ruins the hero for me.

For to me, arrow is an old skool hero, a sort of american version of Robin Hood.

If you're talking about the comic, he doesn't use anything other than his bow. Have you been reading Green Arrow since the New 52 issue #17? It's been pretty good.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

If you're talking about the comic, he doesn't use anything other than his bow. Have you been reading Green Arrow since the New 52 issue #17? It's been pretty good.

Havent the foggiest, I'm afraid!

Last time I read about the arrow chap in a comic was in the eighties, so it was a looooong time ago.

I suppose there are collections of classic green arrow adventures now available, as there are collections for every major comic hero. maybe I sould check them out...

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

Okay, I'm hooked now. Yeah, it was pretty cheesy and predictable in some parts regarding their character development and motivations, but the action's pretty good. I just want more of the island.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

Okay, I'm hooked now. Yeah, it was pretty cheesy and predictable in some parts regarding their character development and motivations, but the action's pretty good. I just want more of the island.

Are you still on the first season?  That's how I felt in the first half of the first season.  So far in the second season, I'm pretty much 50/50 on wanting to see the island and "Starling" City.  So you know, it gets better.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

Bump.

Barry Allen made his first appearance on the show.  He still hasn't gained his powers, but it's rumored that he will be getting his super speed by the end of the mid-season finale next week.

This show just gets better and better.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:23 AM Edited by Crazyeighties, 06 December 2013 - 07:16 AM.

I won't watch the show I find the WB to make horrible tv show

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

I won't watch the show I find the with band their tv shows to be really bad

How can you judge a show without even watching it? Not sure what you meant by 'with band their tv shows', though.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

I won't watch the show I find the WB to make horrible tv show

Wrong again.  It's CW.  Used to be WB.  But I get where you're coming from.  But if you're a comic book fan, specifically DC Comics, as in you actually read DC comics, you're doing yourself a disservice by not watching.  Lots of easter eggs and references tailor made for the comic fans.  Like the one I mentioned a few weeks ago, where the Dollmaker's lawyer's name is Tony Daniel.  That means nothing to anyone but comic fans, but it put a smile on my comic loving face.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

Bump.

Barry Allen made his first appearance on the show.  He still hasn't gained his powers, but it's rumored that he will be getting his super speed by the end of the mid-season finale next week.

I'm really stoked about this - just finished that episode today.

On a tangent, does anybody remember that awful mid 90s Flash tv series?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

Yeah, I remember it.  I was really excited for it, then I watched it, and even then as a kid, I couldn't get behind it.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:15 AM Edited by Crazyeighties, 07 December 2013 - 12:18 AM.

Bump.

I'm really stoked about this - just finished that episode today.

On a tangent, does anybody remember that awful mid 90s Flash tv series?
I sure do I watched it every week with my brother

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:06 AM

This is all I can say about the mid-season finale...

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:25 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 16 January 2014 - 07:26 PM.

...And the new Deathstroke costumed up...

9TJ4UZR.png

No.  This is not a screen shot from Batman: Arkham Origins.

• Moonshield likes this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

I'm halfway through the first season now, and I love it so far. It's a little predictable and there are some plot holes.. Oliver Queen is an interesting character, and very hot :D I hope we get to see more from the island, that's the most interesting part imo :)

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

Lines like tonight when Amanda Waller said, "It's more of a 'squad'."  are the reason why this show is doing a comic book TV show right.  

And next week we get Nyssa al Ghul.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

sh*t, Suicide Squad. All right.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

That scene was almost identical to the "stinger" scene after the credits of Batman: Arkham Origins.  The only difference is who Waller is visiting in prison.

So, we're going to see Deadshot, and Bronze Tiger, for sure.  I'd love to see Huntress in the Suicide Squad.

MarshalMoo
  • MarshalMoo

Hateoful Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

Arrow is probably best described as a pair of hot abs, Robin Hood, Batman, ABC's "Revenge" and "Lost" put in a sexy blender.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users