Photo

Forza Motorsport 5

264 replies to this topic
SuperVeloce
  • SuperVeloce

Paramore <3

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't have a problem with the DLC, I know what Forza is like, it's just that the base car list is so weak, but I guess that's because it was rushed... other Forzas haven't had this issue...

Winning001
  • Winning001

It's a legitimate bidness

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 3 weeks ago

Thats my biggest gripe

the huge lack of cars (compared to previous titles)

also the lack of returning tracks. There are a lot of good additions, but they couldn't bring back Test Track Benchmark? Thats been in forza since the beginning!

MichaelW
  • MichaelW

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't have a problem with the DLC, I know what Forza is like, it's just that the base car list is so weak, but I guess that's because it was rushed... other Forzas haven't had this issue...

In what way was it "rushed"?

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• The Connection
  • Red-Cross

Posted 3 weeks ago

You could make a case for them having needed a longer dev cycle, but yeah, it wasn't rushed.

I don't like the standard/premium crap in GT, so I'm glad that they decided against following that model with Forza.

SuperVeloce
  • SuperVeloce

Paramore <3

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well... Virtually no new features over FM4, car modelling inaccuracies (some of which weren't even present on the same cars in FM4), lack of track/car/modification content, various bugs with sound etc.

And let's face it they did have a very tight release date since it was a launch title for the XB1. So FM6 has much more time and should be much more perfected which is good.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by TheMcSame, 3 weeks ago.

I don't like the standard/premium crap in GT,

^^^^^^

Definitely the worst part of that series now. That being said, I'd like them to incorporate something like that into Forza. Standard being cars from the previous games (assuming they're allowed to reuse the car again) but only from the same generation. Premium being the new cars.

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

McLaren Fanboy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 3 weeks ago

^^^^^^

Definitely the worst part of that series now. That being said, I'd like them to incorporate something like that into Forza. Standard being cars from the previous games (assuming they're allowed to reuse the car again) but only from the same generation. Premium being the new cars.

Agreed. Kaz is obviously out of his mind right now. Putting Standard cars in a PS4 game????? I hope that they scrap that idea and have like 500 heavily detailed cars instead of 1200 cars that most of them look like PS2 era graphics. But the physics are still nice though and I'm still having fun with it. I'll be happy if they lessen all the useless duplicates of Skylines and RX-7's. Most of the cars are outdated as well in GT6. At least it's very fun online and has the best physics of any racing game on console. 

nath22
  • nath22

Peon

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

^^^^^^

Hopefully that never catches on

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

McLaren Fanboy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 3 weeks ago

Guys, what game is better to buy. This or Project CARS?

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by TheMcSame, 3 weeks ago.

Depends on what you like. From what I've heard Project CARS is supposed to be a simulator rather than a simcade like Forza and Gran Turismo which pretty much makes it the first actual racing sim on console. 

^^^^^^

Why?

It means more cars will be in the game without the huge sacrifice in quality that Gran Turismo has.

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• The Connection
  • Red-Cross

Posted 3 weeks ago

Did you enjoy the Need for Speed: SHIFT series? Because Project CARS uses that physics model as a basis.

Depends on what you like. From what I've heard Project CARS is supposed to be a simulator rather than a simcade like Forza and Gran Turismo which pretty much makes it the first actual racing sim on console. 

Forza and GT aren't simcade. :p

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

McLaren Fanboy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by The_Ghost, 3 weeks ago.

Did you enjoy the Need for Speed: SHIFT series? Because Project CARS uses that physics model as a basis.

I only played Shift 2 Unleashed and I did not like it compared to FM4 and GT6. Also Forza and GT are simcade. Project CARS from what I have heard is a full on simulator like Rfactor and Assetto Corsa. I heard that Project CARS physics engine is a lot better that Shift 2 and Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends. 

Does the Logitech G27 work on Xbox One? 

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• The Connection
  • Red-Cross

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well, it's kind of hard to dispute the notion if you guys don't provide reasoning as to why they are simcade, know what I mean? Because they don't even fit the definition, to be perfectly honest. Obviously they aren't as hardcore as Assetto Corsa, but that's here nor there. I'm bored and looking for a little friendly discussion on the subject.

I'm sure they will have improved the physics engine quite a bit over Shift 2, but personally I remain cautious due the nature of these things. I would hope that they release a demo before hand so I can test myself but that doesn't happen so much these days.

Re: Logitech G27, I have heard people using it on Horizon 2 so my guess is that it indeed works on Xbox One.

• The_Ghost likes this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

If they aren't simcade then they're arcade. 

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

McLaren Fanboy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by The_Ghost, 3 weeks ago.

Well, it's kind of hard to dispute the notion if you guys don't provide reasoning as to why they are simcade, know what I mean? Because they don't even fit the definition, to be perfectly honest. Obviously they aren't as hardcore as Assetto Corsa, but that's here nor there. I'm bored and looking for a little friendly discussion on the subject.

I'm sure they will have improved the physics engine quite a bit over Shift 2, but personally I remain cautious due the nature of these things. I would hope that they release a demo before hand so I can test myself but that doesn't happen so much these days.

Re: Logitech G27, I have heard people using it on Horizon 2 so my guess is that it indeed works on Xbox One.

GT and Forza are simcade due to the fact that these games are far easier to handle them cars. Why does some teenager posts a lap time faster than a real racing driver on the Nurburgring? As far as I know, in GT and Forza it's easier to drive on a track compared to hardcore-racing simulators such as Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix series and GTR2 in which is definitely more challenging than GT/Forza. But even if they are marketed as such, these hardcore-racing simulators does not actually replicate real life.

There select few racing sims that do replicate real life such as the Formula 1 teams' simulators that let their drivers practice around a track before the race weekend. These simulators costs millions of dollars. I play Forza and Gran Turismo because they are fun and sometimes quite challenging. Don't hate on me, I do prefer playing simcades over something like the current NFS' that don't have that fun element in their games. I do play arcade racing games that offer both fun and challenge, such as Midnight Club Los Angeles and Forza Horizon which I call simcade lite. 

The only realistic racing is racing on a track in real life. Just saying.  :)

SuperVeloce
  • SuperVeloce

Paramore <3

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Afaik the Logitech G27 doesn't work on the Xbox One, but you can get the XCM converter which sorta makes it work... not sure how well it works though, and it's not very legit (also quite hard to buy anywhere other than Hong Kong it seems haha) 

The_Ghost
  • The_Ghost

McLaren Fanboy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 3 weeks ago

Afaik the Logitech G27 doesn't work on the Xbox One, but you can get the XCM converter which sorta makes it work... not sure how well it works though, and it's not very legit (also quite hard to buy anywhere other than Hong Kong it seems haha) 

I still have to fly for 2 hours to get there. (I'm from the Philippines)

nath22
  • nath22

Peon

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

^^^^^^

Why?

It means more cars will be in the game without the huge sacrifice in quality that Gran Turismo has.

Maybe I'm not understanding your point properly but doesn't that mean you're paying £40 for an updated game with exactly the same cars as the last one? You shouldn't have to pay even more for the game to be new.

The way they do it now works fine. (Pre Forza 5 anyway)

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

^^^^^^

Why?

Maybe I'm not understanding your point properly but doesn't that mean you're paying £40 for an updated game with exactly the same cars as the last one? You shouldn't have to pay even more for the game to be new.

The way they do it now works fine. (Pre Forza 5 anyway)

We were happy to pay £40+ for a game with less content and a lot of people are fine with buying cars that were in old games that (for whatever reason) aren't in the current game, I don't see much difference there.

SuperVeloce
  • SuperVeloce

Paramore <3

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

http://jalopnik.com/...-cov-1678539146

FM6 news incoming? I hope so, but not sure, seems a bit early still 

android
  • android

Purple Nines

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 2 weeks ago

I can imagine it'd look pretty sweet since they made the P1 look bad ass.

MichaelW
  • MichaelW

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 2 weeks ago

It is, but I don't expect a release date until something like 2017. Which still allows them to keep putting out DLC for FH 2, because FM 5 is now the neglected anti-social child. 

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

And I need you, and I miss you

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by BigJoe_1, 2 weeks ago.

After playing this game for 2 weeks I can safely say that I am impressed, but not by a lot, the lack of Fujimi Kaido and having all the good cars as DLC kind of ruins the game for me.

In the past there wasn't nearly half as much DLC as there are in Forza 5, honestly Turn10 really need to get their act together if they want better reviews. On the day of release the Nurburgring wasn't even there and the continued absence of various other tracks just stifles the game from becoming what it should be. The game is lacking a lot of loved cars such as the 1967 Shelby GT500, 1972 Ford Gran Torino, 1982 DeLorean DMC-12, 1969 Toyota 2000GT, 1970 Dodge Charger Daytona and the 1970 Plymouth Roadunner. However none of those compare to the removal of the auction house, it might have been a place was where glitchers and cheaters made big money but it was also a good place for sharing your tuned cars and tuning setups with other players, sure there's no $1,000,000,000 GTO's going around in Forza 5 but not letting us sell anything is a bit extreme, also since you can't sell cars back to the game your pretty much screwed for cash if you buy Veyron and end up hating it.

But enough negativity, there are some things about the game that I really like so don't think that I dislike every aspect of the game. I really like how they redone the drifting physics and that it's harder to keep your angle without spinning out, in previous Forza's all you had to do was hold the gas pedal and countersteer and you'd be moving at a steady pace but not anymore, you try that now you'll do a donut and crash. I also really like the new Forzavista, I always wanted to see under the hood of my cars and now I can :).

SuperVeloce
  • SuperVeloce

Paramore <3

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

It is, but I don't expect a release date until something like 2017. Which still allows them to keep putting out DLC for FH 2, because FM 5 is now the neglected anti-social child. 

It will come out this year, because Forza Motorsport releases every 2 years, and the last one was 2013. Then Forza Horizon fills in the other 2 yearly gaps. 

MichaelW
  • MichaelW

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 2 weeks ago

Oh goody. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users