» «
Photo

Forza Motorsport 5

218 replies to this topic
Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:07 AM Edited by Sgt. Foley, 22 May 2013 - 02:38 AM.

user posted image

The highest-rated racing franchise of the past 10 years will define the new generation of gaming. As revealed during today’s Xbox: A New Generation Revealed event, Xbox One is coming and Forza Motorsport 5 is leading the way. Built from the ground up to take advantage of Xbox One and the infinite power of the cloud, no game better delivers the sensation of being behind the wheel. “Forza Motorsport 5” sets a new bar for racing games and will be available exclusively for Xbox One at launch.

Expect more details on Forza Motorsport 5 in Los Angeles as part of the 2013 Electronic Entertainment Expo. Until then, take a look at the trailer that debuted during the Xbox: A New Generation Revealed event:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

To celebrate Forza Motorsport 5 and the impending launch of the McLaren P1 (the Forza Motorsport 5 cover car), Xbox has teamed with McLaren to offer one lucky fan the chance of a lifetime – a ride in a real McLaren P1. For more information on this exciting contest, see the official announcement and at www.ForzaMcLarenRide.com.

This topic is a WIP [Work In Progress]

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

It's obviously coming on nextbox so everything will be redesigned, Much like what you see in Project CARS, It has a fully dynamic damage engine.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

http://www.digitalsp...at-turn-10.html
moto_whistle.gif

First reply. tounge.gif

Edit: Dammit Nigel! angry.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

This is guaranteed to be a launch title for the new Xbox, Turn 10 have been pretty quiet recently and have only had a bit of a hand in Horizon. Plus 2013 falls right in their game every two years rhythm they've currently got going on. I expect to see this getting shown off at E3.

Updated graphics is a given but one thing Forza lacks is it's number of tracks, there just doesn't seem to be that many and some tracks are the same except the change of route, hopefully they beef up the track numbers.

Benzoboy
  • Benzoboy

Like Ronnyboy, but better.

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

maybe this time they'll fix the issues forza has had for years like certain cars having sh*tty, inaccurate and outdated models, and maybe give us the white wheels we've been asking for for years.

I dont mean to sound sour, Forza is one of my favourite games, it just bugs me that they seem to be obsessed with adding more things rather than fixing what's already there

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

How about Xbox 720 exclusively receives Gran Turismo 6 and PlayStation 4 - Forza Motorsport 5?

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Saturday, Feb 2 2013, 19:27)
How about Xbox 720 exclusively receives Gran Turismo 6 and PlayStation 4 - Forza Motorsport 5?

That wouldn't make sense... Sony and Playstation own Gran Turismo. If we see this at E3 we can make a safe bet that it will come out this year/early 2014

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

Adding body kits to cars so we can make another version.
Like this:
If you buy a SV, you will be able to buy visual parts to make it look like a SE30.
Or if you buy a Viper GTS/ACR(1st gen), you will be able to turn it into a GTS/R.
And if you buy a Ferrari F40, you should be able to turn it into a Ferrari F40 Sport/Lightweight.

Forza 4 already had this with some cars (Mainly the Porsches like the 930 which could be turned into a 964 and a 930 SC and the 911 RS which could be turned into a 930 RS Racecar and a Classic 911).

I just hope that in Forza 5 they expand on this.
Oh and add wide-body kits/fenders.
I would like to have a Wide-Fender Corvette C3 Stingray.

Übermacht
  • Übermacht

It means Superior

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

I think in some ways, Horizon was a sign of things to come in FM5. Things like night racing and off-roading are likely to be in, especially if it's on the 'NextBox'.

Also, it should have everything from FM4, the DLC (possibly excluding Porsche) and all the cars from Horizon, including DLC. Which would be a lot of cars...

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

The cars from previous titles would be nice. White wheels too and being able to put vinyls anywhere on the car. More wheel choices is needed as there aren't much basket weaved ones. Sierra Sapphire Cosworth would be lovely as I don't know a single game that has one unless it's modded.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

I think it's pretty certain that cars will be left out and maybe some tracks so they can get flogged on as DLC, maybe even as early as day 1. If you think this gen was bad for DLC then the next gen could take it on a whole new level with these micro-transactions starting to become a regular occurrence. The majority of gamers are stupid and we will be sucked in and buy overpriced sh*t.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Sunday, Feb 3 2013, 02:27)

How the hell did you come to that conclusion? Polyphony Digital is a subsidiary of SCE and Turn 10 is a subsidiary of Microsoft Game Studios, so there is no way they'd make games (let alone exclusively) for the competitor.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Please Turn 10 get the rights to put in Mount Panorama. It sucks having V8 Supercars with no Aussie race tracks to race them on. sad.gif

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Sunday, Feb 3 2013, 00:27)

Ew, no. Why would Sony want to give away one of the best racing game series ever to Microsoft and in return get some incompetent developer making some cheap nickle and dime game and only having like 10 tracks? tounge.gif

It would never happen anyway. Gran Turismo is worth a sh*tload of money, and Polyphony is a subsidary of Sony.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Sunday, Feb 3 2013, 13:18)
QUOTE (Zancudo @ Sunday, Feb 3 2013, 00:27)

Ew, no. Why would Sony want to give away one of the best racing game series ever to Microsoft and in return get some incompetent developer making some cheap nickle and dime game and only having like 10 tracks? tounge.gif

It would never happen anyway. Gran Turismo is worth a sh*tload of money, and Polyphony is a subsidary of Sony.

DAT WAS A JOKE.

Übermacht
  • Übermacht

It means Superior

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Sunday, Feb 3 2013, 13:18)

Shame it's developed by a bunch of people with no sense of deadline's, who make games where 80% of the content is carried over from the previous generation.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

If they could at least manage to get the reflections right this time, it'd be awesome. rolleyes.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

I wish ^ lol tounge.gif

I'm hoping for a kick ass menu this time. Forza 4 was cool, but the menu was really dull. I want something that's colorful. Hopefully I get what I want smile.gif

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Here are my hopes:
Better reflections and car textures
More tracks
Better environment detail

I also hope the improve car lights. NFS MW did LED and xenon lights well. In Forza 4 the led lights shined no better than regulars.
I also hope we get night and rain.
Lastly, stock rims should have the option to be painted. Sick of not being able to paint my stock rims.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Huh... I never noticed the lights in NFS MW? I'll check them out soon. Weather would be an awesome addition to the Forza franchise. It could be a real simulator then.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

I am happy with things I got so far, but in new part I would like to see:

Day/night mode - was partially implemented in FM4, where some of the tracks were available at dusk, afternoon and dawn. Adding night would be perfect. Maybe part of the day could be set with real time for this place taken from the net?

Dynamic weather - like in PGR4.

More tracks - maybe something in Australia or Korea (if they have any) for example.

Getting rid of exactly the same cars with different liveries (Ford Falcon, Holden Commodore). Livery could be set simply as color instead of whole new model, leaving this place for new cars.

And of course new cars and manufacturers (maybe Arrinera, Marussia, Proton?)

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

I have to agree with the suggestion of more weather types. I loved driving at night in Horizon, but adding rain to the whole experience would just be brilliant.

Also, I'd like to see them try and include some kind of "perfect driving road" mode. Basically, it would be like a small open-world map, perhaps half of Horizon, which has been designed to look good and be fun to drive in any way, fast or slow. It's all well and great hammering it around various tracks and whatnot, but if Horizon has taught us anything, it's that sometimes simply cruising along and admiring the world is just as fun. It's one of the things I loved most about Horizon. Whenever I needed a break I could just head to the highway and take it easy for a bit. To combine that with whatever Forza 5 will have to offer is would make it the pretty much perfect racing game.

TL;DR: I want them to combine the ideals of Forza 4 and Horizon into an amalgamation of awesomeness.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 13:04)
Huh... I never noticed the lights in NFS MW? I'll check them out soon. Weather would be an awesome addition to the Forza franchise. It could be a real simulator then.

Yeah, I just have an eye for irrelevant detail.
But the lights in NFS MW did look pretty frikkin awesome.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

Thought I'd bump this so more could put some input in on what they want in FM5.
Personally, I hope the game has more Audi's. They seem to be getting faster and faster, so I hope the S8, S7, '13 S6, and the '14 RS6 Avant can make it in.
Also, I hope Turn10 doesn't make certain awesome cars unicorns like an Aventador or something that I really enjoy. Because of real life issues, I can't attend most of them and would most likely get no unicorns. sad.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

I was actually looking for this, thank you lol.

I wanted to share an idea. Turn 10 needs to stop recycling content. Forza Horizon got alot of Forza 4 cars in it's DLC.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 19:35)

I wanted to share an idea. Turn 10 needs to stop recycling content. Forza Horizon got alot of Forza 4 cars in it's DLC.

I heavily agree. It was a shame what happened with Forza Horizon DLC. FM4's DLC was rather awesome so how Horizon's would turn out so bad is beyond me. confused.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

I can only imagine the sweet, sweet sexiness that will be Forza on next-gen. Unfortunately, I got bored of Horizon and it's collecting dust in my game collection. I want something more professional and not arcade-like.

I'd like to see more trucks involved, SUV's as well. Raptor was nice but I could only imagine the newer Chevy Silverado's and Nissan Titan's, maybe even some Dodge Ram's. I hope they put a Drag Racing feature as well.. just a wish, I wouldn't die if it didn't happen. Who doesn't like drag racing though?!

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

That's everything I wish for. More trucks, and SUV's. I don't know about drag racing though, I'm more of a drifter.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

Drag racing is available in FM4. You got at least three tracks (Sedona, Hockenheim, Infineon) with different lenghts (Sedona has 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1 mile).
Trucks were also in game. I agree they could include more of them, but Ram was definitely there.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 05:15)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 19:35)

I heavily agree. It was a shame what happened with Forza Horizon DLC. FM4's DLC was rather awesome so how Horizon's would turn out so bad is beyond me. confused.gif

Horizon was mainly developed by Playground Games, not Turn 10.

I hope they can manage to make the cars look more realistic with the new tech. They were too clean and plasticy in the previous installments, lacking shadows and had terrible reflections. Comparing the cars from Forza 4 with some of the premium models in GT5 is like night and day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users