Photo

Grand Theft Auto V Is Coming 9.17.2013

2,964 replies to this topic
Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 20:53)
Theres got to be a place somewhere that has their shipment already. I remember us getting halo 4 3 weeks early.

My store has been getting games just the weekend before launch lately.

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

I just preordered it today.

If you need me, I'll be at my local Walmart at midnight on the 17th.

I'm going to try to freeze myself until then.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

I didn't want to make a thread about it, but I heard something odd from my friend/collegeau.

The Dutch gamemedia is only getting PS3 copies for reviewing purposes. We asked for the 360 version and were told by Rockstar Holland that they only ship PS3 copies. This sucks for the guy reviewing the game, cause all his friends are on Xbox Live, but that's not the point...it's just very odd. Maybe part of Sony's deal......

LennonNL
  • LennonNL

English Rose

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 17:20)
I didn't want to make a thread about it, but I heard something odd from my friend/collegeau.

The Dutch gamemedia is only getting PS3 copies for reviewing purposes. We asked for the 360 version and were told by Rockstar Holland that they only ship PS3 copies. This sucks for the guy reviewing the game, cause all his friends are on Xbox Live, but that's not the point...it's just very odd. Maybe part of Sony's deal......

I assume when you say that they're just shipping PS3 versions you mean for the reviewers? Imagine if you could only buy PS3 version and not 360 in Holland hahah!

Anyway, not that big a deal. Just part of the deal with Sony

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (LennonNL @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 17:25)

I assume when you say that they're just shipping PS3 versions you mean for the reviewers? Imagine if you could only buy PS3 version and not 360 in Holland hahah!

Yep exactly, solely for the reviewers. Of course we'll be able to buy the 360 version. Just a bit extreme of Sony to let it go this far, but hey who knows this was the same with GTA IV back then and in that case MS. No idea.

But yeah, probably all part of the deal. Cause if something had been off about the 360 version, they sure wouldn't have let press play it for the new hands on.

LennonNL
  • LennonNL

English Rose

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 17:30)

Yep exactly, solely for the reviewers. Of course we'll be able to buy the 360 version. Just a bit extreme of Sony to let it go this far, but hey who knows this was the same with GTA IV back then and in that case MS. No idea.

But yeah, probably all part of the deal. Cause if something had been off about the 360 version, they sure wouldn't have let press play it for the new hands on.

Yeah they'll be identical seeing as they were produced simultaneously.

C4RR4NZ4
  • C4RR4NZ4

Peerless

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

Just 2 more days and we'll be counting down single digits!!!

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (LennonNL @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 17:38)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 17:30)

Yeah they'll be identical seeing as they were produced simultaneously.

Yeah but i see some people on other forums saying it is still possible that the 360 version has a bit more aliasing, only because of that recent hands on, and aliasing was never spoken of in previous previews based on the PS3 version, or was there? But correct me if i'm wrong, wasn't it only PCgames.de that said...looked like trailers but with more aliasing? I dont recall it in the Jeux or IGN articles.

P.C.M.
  • P.C.M.

Diary Of A Madman

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

Very soon,I will not be seen or heard from unless I need to pee or another beer. cool.gif

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:37 AM

I don't see how the Sony deal would affect what copies they sent to reviewers. It just means they're more comfortable that the PS3 version will perform up to their standards (like they were with the 360 version of IV or RDR). I'm not saying there will be a massive difference between the two versions (because there won't be), it's just wanting to show the game at it's best, even if it's best is only 0.0000001% better than the other version and still the exact same experience.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Thursday, Sep 5 2013, 02:37)

I don't see how the Sony deal would affect what copies they sent to reviewers. It just means they're more comfortable that the PS3 version will perform up to their standards (like they were with the 360 version of IV or RDR). I'm not saying there will be a massive difference between the two versions (because there won't be), it's just wanting to show the game at it's best, even if it's best is only 0.0000001% better than the other version and still the exact same experience.

Still weird that they show the final build to the press for the hands on though. Ah well, we'll see. I find it hard to believe that this would be the case, cause it has never happened to any other multiplatform title on 360.

Either way i will buy it for 360 anyway, all my friends are on live and on Live you at least have party chat, i cant imagine playing this game online and no party chat.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:12 AM Edited by lazloisdavrock, 06 September 2013 - 05:14 AM.

well this is different. 

No more gamer tag badges??

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

well this is different. 

No more gamer tag badges??

Yeah that sucks. What's yours? I have to add you.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

FearAlma84

xbox.  

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:19 AM

FearAlma84

xbox.  

I'm Showstopper 26

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:15 AM Edited by lazloisdavrock, 06 September 2013 - 06:16 AM.

word ill add ya if you havn't done so already.

Know what makes me nervous?  seeing Midnight club in the same sentence as GTAV handling.

I trust Rockstar though.  I think they keep saying Franklins special ability is like something in MC while driving.

Sounds stupid but if driving is ANYTHING like MC... it will kill ALOT of my excitement for the game.

• ChocoFrosty likes this

EseAdsDRIV3
  • EseAdsDRIV3

Dope Sport

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

Midnight club was gnarly af
Youve got to beat lil youngins and make that "mucho dinero"
http://upload.wikime...on_Coverart.jpg

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:57 AM Edited by ChocoFrosty, 06 September 2013 - 09:58 AM.

Know what makes me nervous?  seeing Midnight club in the same sentence as GTAV handling.

I trust Rockstar though.  I think they keep saying Franklins special ability is like something in MC while driving.

Sounds stupid but if driving is ANYTHING like MC... it will kill ALOT of my excitement for the game.

I've had this same opinion since the first time MC was ever mentioned in

reference to GTA V. 

At its core, GTA is about cars. So, to me, the handling (and physics) are crucial to the overall gameplay.

If the driving is like an arcade game, I won't be able to overlook it or get used to it. It will all but ruin the game for me.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

It actually would be disastrous if they drive anything like MCLA. But the previews, especially the latest IGN hands on has me optimistic. It says they stick to the ground better without the handling feeling floaty or whatsoever. In MCLA it was like the cars were on a rails and there was barely any suspension. Nah, look at the car Trevor is driving in the gameplay video and also in the GTAO video, it looks fine. :)

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

10 more days, ladies and gents.

Doesn't it give you feels to know that your V disc is out there somewhere, just...waiting for you to receive it and play? It's out there in the world right now.

Gives me feels. 10 more days, one more week soon!

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

10 more days, ladies and gents.

Doesn't it give you feels to know that your V disc is out there somewhere, just...waiting for you to receive it and play? It's out there in the world right now.

Gives me feels. 10 more days, one more week soon!

It gives a lot of feels, but unlike what your sig says...My body can't be ready for the amazingness that is about to be unleashed in 10 days.

MrGuitarrica
  • MrGuitarrica

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

I can't believe it's only 9 days untill GTAV is in our hands!! :) makes my balls tingle, everytime I say that.... :D

gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

Feels? What are these feels you speak of?

Ice1980
  • Ice1980

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

Will GTA V break sales records? Who holds the record now? COD?

C4RR4NZ4
  • C4RR4NZ4

Peerless

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

We are now at single digits!

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

been really busy past few days. making time go by fast.  incredible no leaks yet

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

been really busy past few days. making time go by fast.  incredible no leaks yet

Leaks will start appearing Wednesday onwards. That's when retailers start getting it. Then the greedy staff will play it before release...arrgghh

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

9 days to go

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

Will GTA V break sales records? Who holds the record now? COD?

Think so.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

Time is starting to speed up again for me. I just had a terrible week so that's probably why it's went so slow. This weekend will be over in no time then it'll be just a week till release. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users