Grand Theft Auto V Is Coming 9.17.2013

2,964 replies to this topic
Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 21:15)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 15:42)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 20:38)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 15:01)
Well, I can't say there is a game other GTA IV and RDR that has "extreme" attention to detail. Yet.

But to me, Watch Dogs looks a hell a lot more detailed than Liberty City.

You won't notice the little details in haste. Take your time and analyze them. smile.gif

I don't know why man, but the city in WD judging by all the footage so far doesn't appeal at all to me. It looks downright boring and i prefer GTA V's look all the way. AC3 had some cool details too, but the game was still quite boring to just explore. While i could explore for hours in Liberty City in GTA IV. I expect Rockstar to outperform themselves once again, especially because it's their new GTA and last GTA and game for current gen. Those clothing physics are possible because of next gen yeah, but as for the water, let's wait and see. Previews said the water looks absolutely amazing for a current gen game.

We have one thing in common here: We both absolutely adore GTAV.

I personally like the artistic style of GTAV more than that of Watch Dogs myself. But I also like the gritty, dark noir style of WD.

Also, Watch Dogs has had a change in car handling recently. It looksmore believable.

It has? Hmmm...where can i see this change? smile.gif

Well yes. It was apparent in the E3 video. It at least looked believable.

Ubisoft have stated that they're consciously avoiding the "rails on track" handling of other open world games.

What they want to do is, strike a balance between arcade style and simulation style.

lefantome
  • lefantome

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

the car handling in watch dogs looks terrible, the rest is awesome

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

@MosquitoSmasher

They featured all new gameplay on Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon, it showcases some driving.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

The driving looks improved over what they showed earlier, but it still doesn't look too amazing. But i guess i have to play it first before i can really judge it. But i just don't know, the more i see of this game, the less i really look forward to it. I remember how boring and repetitive the AC games became, and i fear this one will be like that too. And jesus...a freaking next-gen game, and STILL those goddamn pixellated shadows, come the hell on now.

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 17:38)
@MosquitoSmasher

They featured all new gameplay on Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon, it showcases some driving.

They said Watch Dogs will be bigger than V ... I hope there will be some countryside in it.
Anyway the cars are feeling like they are too heavy, driving is looking like they are driving some boats. And the vehicle damage is very improvable still.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

That's the problem with Ubisoft. Their games usually look amazing, especially in the pre-release time but the final game is not all that great, because they already showed the best things before the release. As for the pixelated shadows, I'm not surprised that they still appear, even though Watch Dogs is a next-gen title. The game releases exactly then when the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One are coming out. I think some things we saw thus far from the new consoles are pretty cool, but it will be a lot better in a few years when developers are actually using the full potential of both systems. Remember the time when the PS3 and X360 were new? The titles that were released in around 2005 and 2006 already looked better than videogames from the past console-generation, but nowhere as impressive as the most recent titles. The exact same thing is happening now.

Ice1980
  • Ice1980

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

I got a feeling that next week R* will talk more about GTA V!! Don't know why I feel this, but something cooking, and it smells good! icon14.gif

AgentGTAVI
  • AgentGTAVI

Awaiting the affirmation of Grand Theft Auto: VI.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Ice1980 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 20:50)
I got a feeling that next week R* will talk more about GTA V!! Don't know why I feel this, but something cooking, and it smells good! icon14.gif

This is an excellent presumption to make. May such be conceived in the forthcoming week. smile.gif

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (Ice1980 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 20:50)

We can feel it coming in the air next week, oh lord we've been waiting for that moment, all our lives, oh lord. Can you feel it coming in the air next week, oh lord, oh lord....

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (DS 17 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 18:23)
@MosquitoSmasher

They said Watch Dogs will be bigger than V ... I hope there will be some countryside in it.
Anyway the cars are feeling like they are too heavy, driving is looking like they are driving some boats. And the vehicle damage is very improvable still.

I'm pretty sure if there was more than just the city, they would be showing that off and not just the city. Ubi says bigger because they like to brag, when there really ain't all that much to brag about. Usually the best way for me to see if a game is for me is to just simply check gameplay footage, that way i can decide for myself if it just isn't all that special or if it is. So far WD just isn't doing it for me at all. I feel the hacking is gonna become gimmicky quicker than you think.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 21:12)
QUOTE (DS 17 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 18:23)
@MosquitoSmasher

I'm pretty sure if there was more than just the city, they would be showing that off and not just the city. Ubi says bigger because they like to brag, when there really ain't all that much to brag about. Usually the best way for me to see if a game is for me is to just simply check gameplay footage, that way i can decide for myself if it just isn't all that special or if it is. So far WD just isn't doing it for me at all. I feel the hacking is gonna become gimmicky quicker than you think.

It is based on Chicago, didn't mention any countryside, at least on large scale not. And there is not much "tech" in countryside if you look at that way.
They probaly meant city itself is bigger than Los Santos in GTA V.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

The map of Watch Dogs is confirmed to extend beyond the city limits.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 12:57)
There's gotta be a point where they stop these "info bursts followed by silence" periods to just full blown marketing all the way to the 17th. Late July, early August maybe?

QUOTE (kb2084)
Watchdogs releases later then GTA and its also on next gen.

It's both next gen and current.

oh sh*t my bad.

but won't make a difference on the merking of sales though.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 10:59)

No one cares.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Ok that's cool i guess then. But still, it won't change my mind about how i don't like the look of the game, i love the colourful look of GTA V and that game simply begs to be explored all the freaking way. I'll probably give WD a good look somewhere in 2014. I'll be checking it out at Gamescom though, that's for sure.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 21:12)

Ok that's cool i guess then. But still, it won't change my mind about how i don't like the look of the game, i love the colourful look of GTA V and that game simply begs to be explored all the freaking way. I'll probably give WD a good look somewhere in 2014. I'll be checking it out at Gamescom though, that's for sure.

As much as I love R* and GTA, it's not going to stop me from liking or playing other games. I know when I play a game like Watch Dogs to not expect it to be GTA clone but a game separate from it.

I am looking forward to Watch Dogs. Pre ordered it for the PS4 and can't wait to play it.

Honestly guys, you can play and enjoy games other than GTA. You will be disappointed if you expect it to be the same as GTA or to look the same.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 21:22)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 21:12)

As much as I love R* and GTA, it's not going to stop me from liking or playing other games. I know when I play a game like Watch Dogs to not expect it to be GTA clone but a game separate from it.

I am looking forward to Watch Dogs. Pre ordered it for the PS4 and can't wait to play it.

Honestly guys, you can play and enjoy games other than GTA. You will be disappointed if you expect it to be the same as GTA or to look the same.

I'm not necessarily comparing it to GTA, but i'm serious when i say my interest in WD is getting smaller and smaller, each time i see a new gameplay video. Maybe that'll change when i've played it,but i used to look forward to it...last year during E3. But then when they showed new videos this year, my excitement level start to go down.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

Oh I wasn't really targeting anyone in particular even tho I quoted you. I was just speaking in general because I've seen a lot of posts like yours over the weeks.

To be honest I kind of agree with you there, my excitement for Watch Dogs has never been that high because I know that in terms of this genre GTA V will be the game of the year. That's why I am not really excited for Watch Dogs at the moment, I still want to play it just not hyped about it to the point that I am of with GTA V.

I'm sure once V releases and the dust settles I'll be more excited for Watch Dogs, especially since I'll get to play it on the PS4. Looking forward to next-gen in general.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

f*ck, boring times again. Rockstar, give us something already

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:50 PM Edited by Game2048, 22 June 2013 - 09:53 PM.

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 21:34)
Oh I wasn't really targeting anyone in particular even tho I quoted you. I was just speaking in general because I've seen a lot of posts like yours over the weeks.

To be honest I kind of agree with you there, my excitement for Watch Dogs has never been that high because I know that in terms of this genre GTA V will be the game of the year. That's why I am not really excited for Watch Dogs at the moment, I still want to play it just not hyped about it to the point that I am of with GTA V.

I'm sure once V releases and the dust settles I'll be more excited for Watch Dogs, especially since I'll get to play it on the PS4. Looking forward to next-gen in general.

Not all people are trying to say that they don't really like WD because it's GTA V competitor.

For example, I'm not such a gamer as I was 5-10 years ago. At the present time I'm very selective in games, a few games may cause my interest.

Also, living realistic world, story, atmopshere are the most important for me at the present time. And I can easily determine quality of such worlds and games.

I think that worlds from Ubisoft can't even closely be compared to worlds from Rockstar(GTA V), Bioware(KOTOR, Mass Effect), etc.

Because it's a very different level.

Such games like Assasin's Creed, Far Cry 3 didn't interest me. Because I feel that their worlds are weak for me. And even remotely can't be compared to GTA worlds.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

Yeah I don't game as much as I used to. I used to be into all genres of games and lately it's just open-world games like GTA that interest me. I am not that into linear games these days, especially linear shooters.

So I know what you mean there when you say you're less of a gamer lately.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

Havnt been here on the forum much this past month. So whats rockstar on another mini drought of info? i mean mini compared to the 9 month drought we had before. Ive lost alot of hype just because its not in the news much right now. it will be right back as soon as they release a bit of info.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

There's no "drought".

Just a bunch of impatience babies..... moto_whistle.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

This week could mean we'll see a first look on the multiplayer, otherwise i really don't know what Take-Two meant with a innovative marketing campaign around the time of E3. Not that i mind it incredibly much though, i feel that we know plenty about the game, well..the singleplayer and IMO we don't need any more real info. But some stuff on MP would be good though.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 20:26)
This week could mean we'll see a first look on the multiplayer, otherwise i really don't know what Take-Two meant with a innovative marketing campaign around the time of E3. Not that i mind it incredibly much though, i feel that we know plenty about the game, well..the singleplayer and IMO we don't need any more real info. But some stuff on MP would be good though.

has rockstar ever marketed their games by including new screenshots of them in booklets of their currently released games before?

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 19:27)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 20:26)

has rockstar ever marketed their games by including new screenshots of them in booklets of their currently released games before?

What?

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:14 AM Edited by lazloisdavrock, 24 June 2013 - 01:18 AM.

have you been under a rock?

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 20:14)
have you been under a rock?

Yes.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

R* has been doing it lately inside copies of LA noire and MP3 copies

I dont think they have dont this before.

shifty66
  • shifty66

[TCKC] Capo

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

Yeah i found it strange when in the booklet for max payne 3 there was an ad for GTAV. Pretty cool though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users