Photo

Grand Theft Auto V Is Coming 9.17.2013

2,964 replies to this topic
CSM. HB J-DOGG
  • CSM. HB J-DOGG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Game2048 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 16:54)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 14:16)
Wow...@ this video

Hear what the lady says after Jimmy has said he thinks WD will be Game of the year, and mentions GTA. Hear what she says about WD compared to GTA. Hahahahahaahah. Bigger? She clearly didn't do her homework on GTA V at all then, wow.

She is advertising the game, so you can hear a lot of bullsh*t.

---

Lol. Is there a man, who is taller than Aisha Tyler?

She is paid to say that lol She also said that she is in the game so her game choice is based off of who paid her the most recently lol

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

Ubisoft always markets their games aggressively. July and August things will be full swing.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 14:16)
Wow...@ this video

Hear what the lady says after Jimmy has said he thinks WD will be Game of the year, and mentions GTA. Hear what she says about WD compared to GTA. Hahahahahaahah. Bigger? She clearly didn't do her homework on GTA V at all then, wow.

It's hilarious how much those two people are acting. They are clearly paid to "like" the game. It doesn't look like a bad game, but it doesn't beat GTA at all, and is certainly not bigger.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

I am looking forward to Watch Dogs myself but I don't believe, in my mind at least, that it will be better than GTA V.

Miami-Florida.
  • Miami-Florida.

Grande Italia

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

I am getting Watch_Dogs for Christmas as well as Grand Theft Auto V . But come on now get real, GTA: V is ten times better than WD. + I can see V getting GOTY 13.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:20 PM Edited by MosquitoSmasher, 20 June 2013 - 07:22 PM.

It's all fine and dandy with me. But Rockstar has yet to disappointment me with one of their big name titles and Ubisoft...has disappointed me plenty with big name titles already. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten sands was bad, Ghost Recon FS i rather forget ASAP, Splinter Cell Conviction was MEH. Watch_Dogs looked great last year at E3, but these days it looks a lot less impressive. I honestly am not hyped for WD anymore and i think it's being overhyped by the media in big ways. With every video i see that while you can indeed hack a lot of things, i can also already it becoming a gimmick like a sh*tload of things in the AC games. WD is set in Chicago, just the city and that's it, no countryside, no nothing aside from that. So we can hack a lot of stuff? Oh wow amazing, but what else? Oh shoot baddies and drive cars with so far rather bad looking hadling and physics? Oh joy! tounge2.gif

Just look at what we can do in GTA V and compare that to WD. I rest my case. smile.gif

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

The driving and shooting look terrible in Watch Dogs.

Ice1980
  • Ice1980

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 12:40)
I am looking forward to Watch Dogs myself but I don't believe, in my mind at least, that it will be better than GTA V.

Maybe visually WD will look beter, but GTA V will always be king!

AlexJonesConspiracy
  • AlexJonesConspiracy

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

WD, GTA ? two phenomenal games right there, its gonna be a good time when these two are unleashed.

Zip87
  • Zip87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 19:20)
It's all fine and dandy with me. But Rockstar has yet to disappointment me with one of their big name titles and Ubisoft...has disappointed me plenty with big name titles already. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten sands was bad, Ghost Recon FS i rather forget ASAP, Splinter Cell Conviction was MEH. Watch_Dogs looked great last year at E3, but these days it looks a lot less impressive. I honestly am not hyped for WD anymore and i think it's being overhyped by the media in big ways. With every video i see that while you can indeed hack a lot of things, i can also already it becoming a gimmick like a sh*tload of things in the AC games. WD is set in Chicago, just the city and that's it, no countryside, no nothing aside from that. So we can hack a lot of stuff? Oh wow amazing, but what else? Oh shoot baddies and drive cars with so far rather bad looking hadling and physics? Oh joy! tounge2.gif

Just look at what we can do in GTA V and compare that to WD. I rest my case. smile.gif

Completely agree. When I see all the hype on Watchdogs all I can think is the massive disappointment the first Assassin's Creed was when it was first released. They made it out to be this amazing revolutionary concept, while in the end it was an OK game with very repetitive gameplay and a cool wall climbing aspect.
Ubi makes a big mistake every time by overhyping their own products and not living up to expectations, while Rockstar is doing the exact opposite.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:04 PM Edited by Game2048, 21 June 2013 - 12:02 AM.

It's all fine and dandy with me. But Rockstar has yet to disappointment me with one of their big name titles and Ubisoft...has disappointed me plenty with big name titles already. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten sands was bad, Ghost Recon FS i rather forget ASAP, Splinter Cell Conviction was MEH. Watch_Dogs looked great last year at E3, but these days it looks a lot less impressive. I honestly am not hyped for WD anymore and i think it's being overhyped by the media in big ways. With every video i see that while you can indeed hack a lot of things, i can also already it becoming a gimmick like a sh*tload of things in the AC games. WD is set in Chicago, just the city and that's it, no countryside, no nothing aside from that. So we can hack a lot of stuff? Oh wow amazing, but what else? Oh shoot baddies and drive cars with so far rather bad looking hadling and physics? Oh joy!  tounge2.gif

I said this from the beginning. From the very first video I've seen, I said it will be another ordinary open-world game from Ubisoft with wooden world, etc. I have a very good feeling of such things

Watch Dogs may be a bit better than other open-world games from Ubisoft, but the point is the same.

There is only a few developers of extremely high class. Their games have a soul, something very special that you can feel.

Bioware, Rockstar and others are among them.

GTA always had this soul, this specialness. Amazing living world.

Watch Dogs, most likely, will have high ratings like Assasin's Creed or Far Cry 3, but it will not be able to approach to GTA.
Because Watch Dogs is the game of very different class

highnrich
  • highnrich

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 19:44)

and so does GTA 5. suicidal.gif driving gameplay from the franklin trailer looked boring as hell

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (highnrich @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 18:05)
QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 19:44)

and so does GTA 5. suicidal.gif driving gameplay from the franklin trailer looked boring as hell

Watch Dogs looks so boring. Hack, hack, hack. Gonna get old fast. What side activities does it have? Are there only cars or can we ride bikes and boats and planes? What kind of customization is there? Is there only one protagonist? Is there variety in the game world, or only a city? Can you even go in the water in Watch Dogs?

CSM. HB J-DOGG
  • CSM. HB J-DOGG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (Game2048 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 23:04)
It's all fine and dandy with me. But Rockstar has yet to disappointment me with one of their big name titles and Ubisoft...has disappointed me plenty with big name titles already. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten sands was bad, Ghost Recon FS i rather forget ASAP, Splinter Cell Conviction was MEH. Watch_Dogs looked great last year at E3, but these days it looks a lot less impressive. I honestly am not hyped for WD anymore and i think it's being overhyped by the media in big ways. With every video i see that while you can indeed hack a lot of things, i can also already it becoming a gimmick like a sh*tload of things in the AC games. WD is set in Chicago, just the city and that's it, no countryside, no nothing aside from that. So we can hack a lot of stuff? Oh wow amazing, but what else? Oh shoot baddies and drive cars with so far rather bad looking hadling and physics? Oh joy!  tounge2.gif

I said this from the beginning. From the very first video I've seen, I said it will be another ordinary open-world game from Ubisoft with wooden world, etc. I have a very good feeling of such things

Watch Dogs may be a bit better than other open-world games from Ubisoft, but the point is the same.

There is only a few developers of extremely high class. Their games have a soul, something very special that you can feel.

Watch Dogs, most likely, will have high ratings like Assasin's Creed or Far Cry 3, but it will not be able to approach to GTA.

WD is what assassins creed was suppose to be thats all it really is AC in a new time period

Ice1980
  • Ice1980

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (Acky. @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 08:02)
QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 13:33)
For the record, I never said Watch Dogs was better, I just feel like there is more of a buzz around Watch Dogs, or at least that is what it seems.

Completely understandable! Watch Dogs is another game within the Action/Adventure category which has an open-world for gameplay, along with games like Saints Row, Driver, Just Cause, GTA, etc. but the difference is, we haven't seen an open-world game like this, this is the first installment. The reason it has such a hype is because it's a brand new product, it has it's own USP with the hacking sector to it, and it's also NeXt Gen. It is receiving publicity because of how much is being unveiled to the press and public. It's logical business. That's what they're aiming to do, when promoting their product. GTA has less of a buzz, because it hasn't released anywhere near as much media footage as Watch Dogs has.
Think about it, the first game you may mention, that you can't wait to get is GTA; this is normally, as the case, recently, followed by Watch Dogs in reply. GTA is still the fore-front, but Watch Dogs has it's public awareness as high as it can be at this particular moment in time.

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Well said sir!! icon14.gif

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (CSM. HB J-DOGG @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 02:18)
QUOTE (Game2048 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 23:04)

WD is what assassins creed was suppose to be thats all it really is AC in a new time period

i MIGHT buy it 2nd hand then... assassin's creed is terrible IMO

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

More people will end up buying GTA then Watchdogs. Even though there more media for Watchdogs. Watchdogs releases later then GTA and its also on next gen. GTA will release first and more consoles around the world to play on. GTA is also well established. So even if people are excited more about Watchdogs then GTA, they'll be like "lets get GTA for the mean time, as its a new GTA". If you get my flow. And a lot of people will get GTA to just "try it out". They're not even loyal GTA fans.

Sales in GTA will murk Watchdogs. That's something that will happen no matter what.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:57 PM Edited by CallTheCoroner, 21 June 2013 - 12:59 PM.

There's gotta be a point where they stop these "info bursts followed by silence" periods to just full blown marketing all the way to the 17th. Late July, early August maybe?

QUOTE (kb2084)
Watchdogs releases later then GTA and its also on next gen.

It's both next gen and current.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Facepalm!

People here know next to nothing about Watch Dogs.

If you don't know sh*t, please don't call that game, sh*t.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:42 PM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 21 June 2013 - 01:50 PM.

QUOTE (Ice1980 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 03:52)

GTAV might be inferior to WD as far as attention to detail is concerned.

..And attention to detail is what separates IV from other games.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

Man it would be nice to get info today. Ive had the sh*ttiest week. I'm gonna go lay down in traffic

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:46 PM Edited by MosquitoSmasher, 21 June 2013 - 02:48 PM.

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 13:42)
QUOTE (Ice1980 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 03:52)

GTAV might be inferior to WD as far as attention to detail is concerned.

..And attention to detail is what separates IV from other games.

Do you actually honestly believe that is even possible? Rockstar is so well known for putting crazy attention to detail in their games and i bet GTA V will be no different. You only have to watch the available videos for WD and you can just see that it lacks the attention to detail you expect from these kind of games. Nothing in the gameplay videos so far has amazed me when it comes to details and i can already spot plenty details in the GTA V trailers. Rockstar for me are the kings of details in their games. Plenty of sandbox games have come out and all lack the attention to detail that GTA IV and RDR had. So basically no game has ever come close to bringing details and atmosphere and here comes Ubi with Watch_Dogs that to me doesn't look all that amazing at all, and beats Rockstar in that aspect?

Inferior to WD in terms of details? Not in a million years.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 14:08)
Man it would be nice to get info today. Ive had the sh*ttiest week. I'm gonna go lay down in traffic

Which street? I'll make sure to be going 70+ MPH.

"What the hell was that?"
"A chunk in the road or something."
"I just chunked in my pants."

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 21 June 2013 - 03:06 PM.

Well, I can't say there is a game other GTA IV and RDR that has "extreme" attention to detail. Yet.

But to me, Watch Dogs looks a hell a lot more detailed than Liberty City.

Every single NPC has individual clothes physics. Even the movement of their hairs are dynamic.

And then there are the wind and water physics that can't be achieved in the PS360

You won't notice the little details in haste. Take your time and analyze them. smile.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 15:01)
Well, I can't say there is a game other GTA IV and RDR that has "extreme" attention to detail. Yet.

You won't notice the little details in haste. Take your time and analyze them. smile.gif

I don't know why man, but the city in WD judging by all the footage so far doesn't appeal at all to me. It looks downright boring and i prefer GTA V's look all the way. AC3 had some cool details too, but the game was still quite boring to just explore. While i could explore for hours in Liberty City in GTA IV. I expect Rockstar to outperform themselves once again, especially because it's their new GTA and last GTA and game for current gen. Those clothing physics are possible because of next gen yeah, but as for the water, let's wait and see. Previews said the water looks absolutely amazing for a current gen game.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

Does anybody else think WD "looks" better because they're only showing next gen gameplay?

I would hope next gen games look better than current gen, show me current gen WD, guarantee it doesn't come close to V.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 15:24)
Does anybody else think WD "looks" better because they're only showing next gen gameplay?

I would hope next gen games look better than current gen, show me current gen WD, guarantee it doesn't come close to V.

I actually find that it looks rather disappointing for a next-gen game. But that's because it's a cross-gen title. Same with Assassin's Creed 4, it really doesn't look all too special at all. I think GTA V will amaze us all with beautiful looking graphics. Look at how colourful it allready is, i prefer that 100% more over the boring, bleak looking city of WD. Details are cool, and even if WD has better attention to details, if the game itself is rather boring, and to me it looks like that, it looks a lot like AC, a series that has become boring as hell, it won't mean much to me.

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 09:24)

Of course. All of the WD gameplay so far has been shown on PC's with specs that mimic the next gen consoles. I'm not knocking WD, but it's true.

I have a feeling that when they do show what it'll look like on current gen hardware the differences will be quite jarring. WD and AC4 are two crossover games that I'm just gonna wait until I have a next gen console before I play them.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:42 PM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 21 June 2013 - 03:47 PM.

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 20:38)

I don't know why man, but the city in WD judging by all the footage so far doesn't appeal at all to me. It looks downright boring and i prefer GTA V's look all the way. AC3 had some cool details too, but the game was still quite boring to just explore. While i could explore for hours in Liberty City in GTA IV. I expect Rockstar to outperform themselves once again, especially because it's their new GTA and last GTA and game for current gen. Those clothing physics are possible because of next gen yeah, but as for the water, let's wait and see. Previews said the water looks absolutely amazing for a current gen game.

We have one thing in common here: We both absolutely adore GTAV.

I personally like the artistic style of GTAV more than that of Watch Dogs myself. But I also like the gritty, dark noir style of WD.

Also, Watch Dogs has had a change in car handling recently. It looksmore believable.

I like Ubisoft's dedication with this game. They've worked on this for nearly five years, have listened totally to the fans ( just like Rockstar did). For example, they changed the LED lights of the cars after fans complained ( for that authentic feel) and have even changed the handling.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 15:42)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 20:38)

We have one thing in common here: We both absolutely adore GTAV.

I personally like the artistic style of GTAV more than that of Watch Dogs myself. But I also like the gritty, dark noir style of WD.

Also, Watch Dogs has had a change in car handling recently. It looksmore believable.

It has? Hmmm...where can i see this change? smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users