Grand Theft Auto V Is Coming 9.17.2013

2,964 replies to this topic
Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Gears of Skorge @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 22:51)
Horrible thought, but i think R* may decide to delay GTA V again, I really hope not, but I have a feeling, it's too quiet, and with only 3 months until launch I'd expect the selling and hype to be at max levels by now. So my question, when is it safe for me to pin all my hopes on a Sept 17th release date? With 100 days to go, is it too short for them to announce another delay? I'm really worried and would appreciate some advice from more experienced people.

Shhhhh no more tears now, just dreams....dreams of September 17th, 2013.

I don't expect them to say something every single day or every week. Especially if they want to keep the actual gameplay a secret.

We just had a massive amount of info come from previews and the announcement of the special and collector's edition of the game. Everything points to a release at the scheduled date.

We should be hearing more soon. Or possibly seeing more through trailers. They still have the multiplayer to talk about. For singleplayer we have been told so much in terms of features that I doubt R* wants to tell us more. The last batch of previews is probably going to to be the last until reviews of the game start coming in.

The Unknown Man
  • The Unknown Man

All you maggots smoking fags out there on Hollywood Boulevard

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 22:21)
Exactly 100 days left until GTAV releases....

f*cking hundred days? f*ck sh*t my ass I cant wait.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:52 PM

Horrible thought, but i think R* may decide to delay GTA V again, I really hope not, but I have a feeling, it's too quiet, and with only 3 months until launch I'd expect the selling and hype to be at max levels by now. So my question, when is it safe for me to pin all my hopes on a Sept 17th release date? With 100 days to go, is it too short for them to announce another delay? I'm really worried and would appreciate some advice from more experienced people.

This.

I really hope not but I have this funny feeling were in for a mother delay. Not until 2014 but prolly till October.

UnderWeb
  • UnderWeb

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:52 PM

It'll be like 'sh*t, september is here, back to school but I have GTA V in my hands.'

Gears of Skorge
  • Gears of Skorge

Adrian De-Silva changed to Michael due to R* Leak

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:01 AM Edited by Gears of Skorge, 08 June 2013 - 12:08 AM.

QUOTE (johnny_zoo @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 23:52)

This.

I really hope not but I have this funny feeling were in for a mother delay. Not until 2014 but prolly till October.

Glad I'm not the only one. I just had hope, GTA V paid to advertise on a nba-espn website, that must of cost alot considering how big basketball is in America, and it must of been recent, so if they were to delay, why pay for an advertisement saying pre order now for sept 17th? Some hope restored! Phew.

Link http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=559835

Squidhead
  • Squidhead

Got the Vibe

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

Just before when GTA IV got delayed there were another 2 1/2 months left to Oct 17.
Red dead redemption just before the delay there were only under 2 months left.
I wont rule out another delay till August.

Gears of Skorge
  • Gears of Skorge

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (Squidhead @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 00:17)

Just before when GTA IV got delayed there were another 2 1/2 months left to Oct 17.

Ahh now I know that, every new info thread that's posted will make my heart skip a beat incase it's delay information. Tbh they can't delay again I mean from 2008 GTA IV, they had to make it, then one trailer in 2011, then a year of silence then hype for a Spring 2013 release, then silence followed by the delay until September, a load of hype with multiplayer info coming real soon, now again it's all quiet and only 3 months and 9 days till launch. Seriously I can't see how they have the audacity to do that to fans.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (Gears of Skorge @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 00:36)

Ahh now I know that, every new info thread that's posted will make my heart skip a beat incase it's delay information. Tbh they can't delay again I mean from 2008 GTA IV, they had to make it, then one trailer in 2011, then a year of silence then hype for a Spring 2013 release, then silence followed by the delay until September, a load of hype with multiplayer info coming real soon, now again it's all quiet and only 3 months and 9 days till launch. Seriously I can't see how they have the audacity to do that to fans.

Dude they just released a megaton of info in the previews we had in May. Then they announced the special and collectors edition. They can't keep giving us loads and loads of info every week or even every few weeks. Otherwise we'll know the entire game before we've even played it. Most of what we'll see now will be ads online and in public. Soon we'll hear about multiplayer and get another trailer. As I said earlier, I don't expect another batch of info the size of the previews with 3 months to go. The next time we get that huge load of info will probably be reviews of the game or previews on multiplayer.

They've already given us so much with the previews. The Russian media only got their preview in late-May.

Honestly, I don't think we should worry. I think the September 17th date will be fine and we'll make it.

Gears of Skorge
  • Gears of Skorge

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 00:48)

Dude they just released a megaton of info in the previews we had in May. Then they announced the special and collectors edition. They can't keep giving us loads and loads of info every week or even every few weeks. Otherwise we'll know the entire game before we've even played it. Most of what we'll see now will be ads online and in public. Soon we'll hear about multiplayer and get another trailer. As I said earlier, I don't expect another batch of info the size of the previews with 3 months to go. The next time we get that huge load of info will probably be reviews of the game or previews on multiplayer.

They've already given us so much with the previews. The Russian media only got their preview in late-May.

Honestly, I don't think we should worry. I think the September 17th date will be fine and we'll make it.

But Will there be cake? I heard the Cake was a lie!?!

Squidhead
  • Squidhead

Got the Vibe

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:47 AM

So you sayin that it can get delayed because of a lack of damn news?
Don't think thats the case, because hell, Max payne 3 had a flow of news and it got delayed, also looked up the newswire, RDR also had a flow, same damn thing happened.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 22:21)
Exactly 100 days left until GTAV releases....

3 months... seems long away... but 3 months ago was march.... and march was just round the corner... so im guessing September will come as quick

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

Wow, some people truly are complete assholes.

I was on this other forum, in a thread about GTA V. I explained that a new feature could be that you can put a bike or jetski on a vehicle and take it with you, and how that would be a cool feature. One loser than replied and said...."oh wow, looking forward to putting a vehicle on another so you can bring it with you.....in a videogame? Seriously...you look forward to that? There must be some screws loose with you."

I then replied and said that's it's just cool to have this possibility, cause IV did feel quite limited at times and that if anything was wrong, it was him, for saying such a ridiculous thing. It's the same as how a lot of people just loved to see the gun going down in RDR. And another idiot replied and said..." there really truly IS something wrong with you if you look forward to those kinds of things in games and enjoying the sun going down in RDR? Yes something pretty f*cking wrong with those people."

Wow...some folks really are total assholes, i guess the internet never fails to amaze me when it comes to certain idiots.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

This has probably already been mentioned, but in one of the Homicide desk cases in LA Noire, one of the character's divorce completes on Sept 17th.

IT WAS STARING US IN THE FACE ALL ALONG.

(P.S. I don't actually believe this, but thought it was an interesting coincidence.)

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (Fuzzknuckles @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 01:43)
This has probably already been mentioned, but in one of the Homicide desk cases in LA Noire, one of the character's divorce completes on Sept 17th.

IT WAS STARING US IN THE FACE ALL ALONG.

(P.S. I don't actually believe this, but thought it was an interesting coincidence.)

Things that make you go HMMMM...

ph34r.gif ph34r.gif suicidal.gif

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:26 AM

The thought of planning our own heists is both terrifying and exciting at the same time. I can't wait to play this game.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by Shockenheim, 09 June 2013 - 03:08 PM.

QUOTE (aaronimpact @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 03:26)
The thought of planning our own heists is both terrifying and exciting at the same time. I can't wait to play this game.

How terrifying could it be? I love that part of the element. Go on stake out, buying clothes, select the getaway car etc.

CallCenterZombie
  • CallCenterZombie

Sour Tooth

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 18:44)

I was on this other forum, in a thread about GTA V. I explained that a new feature could be that you can put a bike or jetski on a vehicle and take it with you, and how that would be a cool feature. One loser than replied and said...."oh wow, looking forward to putting a vehicle on another so you can bring it with you.....in a videogame? Seriously...you look forward to that? There must be some screws loose with you."

I then replied and said that's it's just cool to have this possibility, cause IV did feel quite limited at times and that if anything was wrong, it was him, for saying such a ridiculous thing. It's the same as how a lot of people just loved to see the gun going down in RDR. And another idiot replied and said..." there really truly IS something wrong with you if you look forward to those kinds of things in games and enjoying the sun going down in RDR? Yes something pretty f*cking wrong with those people."

Wow...some folks really are total assholes, i guess the internet never fails to amaze me when it comes to certain idiots.

I hear you on that...can't believe you got flamed for that. GTA is about possibilities and a lot of people don't understand that. They are just narrow-minded unlike you. smile.gif

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:19 PM

Rockstar, give us some new info. It's boring again

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (CallCenterZombie @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 22:02)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 18:44)

I hear you on that...can't believe you got flamed for that. GTA is about possibilities and a lot of people don't understand that. They are just narrow-minded unlike you. smile.gif

Exactly man. I'm willing to bet that people like these just start missions right away, go through them as fast as possible, finish the game and then complain that the game is short and nothing special. People who only rush through games. While i'm going to be enjoying every single thing there is to see and do in this game.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

i'd like to stab the people who skip through cut scenes.

GrandTheftDildo
  • GrandTheftDildo

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Monday is the 17th so hopefully we will get something from RS to remind the world that even after the best E3 in years GTA is still the bollocks.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 23:45)

Lol. I agree but maybe not to that extent haha. I don't get why people skip them, what's the point in even doing a mission if you don't know why you are doing it?

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 12:52)

Lol. I agree but maybe not to that extent haha. I don't get why people skip them, what's the point in even doing a mission if you don't know why you are doing it?

Some people just don't have the attention span. They just want to play the game, drive about, punch people, shot police and do other crazy sh*t.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

We are now "a few weeks or so" from the release date.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 11:52)

Lol. I agree but maybe not to that extent haha.

Agreed, stabbing them to death would only make them suffer for so long.

I belive that they should only be emasculated, swiftly and humanly. colgate.gif

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 11:52)

Only time i skip cutscenes in a game is when im stuck on a mission and just want to get straight into it. One thing that makes me want to burn houses down in rage is games that force you to watch cut scenes. Nothing more infuriating than dealing with the frustration of being unable to pass a section coupled with waiting for the cut scene to finish every time.

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Schafter V12 Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

3 f*cking months....
90 f*cking days......
12 f*cking weekends.......

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 00:44)

Duh, video games are for killing people and blowing stuff up and pretty, pretty graphics. Nothing else matters.

...makes you wonder how much dev time is spent on large things a small audience will admire.

Mr. Cozzarelli
  • Mr. Cozzarelli

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 00:32)
I'm willing to bet that people like these just start missions right away, go through them as fast as possible, finish the game and then complain that the game is short and nothing special. People who only rush through games. While i'm going to be enjoying every single thing there is to see and do in this game.

Yes. This seperates the man from the boys. wink.gif

gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

3 months...

What a ballache dozingoff.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users