• Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (iiConTr0v3rSYx @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 00:41)
Anyone seen the Gamerspawn video on YT? They have some type of "big announcement" live stream on Saturday.

I call bullsh*t.

CVG heavily hinted that they've been invited by Rockstar to play another preview demo some time within the next week or so. So although the Gamerspawn thing may be bullsh*t we will likely be getting a lot more info soon.

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 11:35)
Anyone seen the Gamerspawn video on YT? They have some type of "big announcement" live stream on Saturday.

I call bullsh*t.

CVG heavily hinted that they've been invited by Rockstar to play another preview demo some time within the next week or so. So although the Gamerspawn thing may be bullsh*t we will likely be getting a lot more info soon.

Again, the the GamerSpawn thing wasn't bullsh*t as they never promised anything V related to begin with.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (J-B @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 18:51)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 11:35)

I call bullsh*t.

Again, the the GamerSpawn thing wasn't bullsh*t as they never promised anything V related to begin with.

I didn't watch the video I just read your comment and decided it was bullsh*t since it was nothing new.

Ice1980
  • Ice1980

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

Just out of curiosity, those with the pre order posters the read spring 2013, what do we do with them? I have 2 posters and key chain, but its rather silly having Spring on them...lol

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Ice1980 @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 19:49)
Just out of curiosity, those with the pre order posters the read spring 2013, what do we do with them? I have 2 posters and key chain, but its rather silly having  Spring on them...lol

Someone else found a solution...

user posted image

Ice1980
  • Ice1980

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 11:56)
QUOTE (Ice1980 @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 19:49)
Just out of curiosity, those with the pre order posters the read spring 2013, what do we do with them? I have 2 posters and key chain, but its rather silly having† Spring on them...lol

Someone else found a solution...

user posted image

Hahahahha !!! Maybe I will send mine to a lucky fan in Australia!!

ViceCity09
  • ViceCity09

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

So will there be a special edition for this game?

Aborted_Fetus
  • Aborted_Fetus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

Sorry to bump this thread but starting a new one seemed a bit unnecessary. I still have this suspicion the game will get another short delay to October, as many others here have discussed the possibility of. It may be ridiculous but every single trailer and screenshot released thus far with a plainly visible license plate shows OCT in the top left corner with the orange sticker on the right, California's sticker color for 2013. Could be coincidence, or just the random date they chose to slap on the plates, but even if it's not related I still think it'll get the delay. The only factor making me doubt my own little theory there is that would mean Rockstar knew the exact release all along, even well before the Spring announcement. If you're going to say, "ffs the Sept. date is painted on a building, derp" you can stop there. We have plenty of material that says Spring 2013 as well.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

I understand you scepticism, and frankly I would really be bumped if they delayed it once again. Reminds me of IV

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Aborted_Fetus @ Friday, May 3 2013, 16:40)
Sorry to bump this thread but starting a new one seemed a bit unnecessary. I still have this suspicion the game will get another short delay to October, as many others here have discussed the possibility of. It may be ridiculous but every single trailer and screenshot released thus far with a plainly visible license plate shows OCT in the top left corner with the orange sticker on the right, California's sticker color for 2013. Could be coincidence, or just the random date they chose to slap on the plates, but even if it's not related I still think it'll get the delay. The only factor making me doubt my own little theory there is that would mean Rockstar knew the exact release all along, even well before the Spring announcement. If you're going to say, "ffs the Sept. date is painted on a building, derp" you can stop there. We have plenty of material that says Spring 2013 as well.

Analyzing license plates is so 2011.

Aborted_Fetus
  • Aborted_Fetus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (Buffalo Soldier @ Friday, May 3 2013, 16:43)

Haha yes, I know. But every time I consider another delay, my mind goes back to that.

JeteaFive
  • JeteaFive

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

In normal times, the game had to be released in the few weeks from now.

BigKush
  • BigKush

Blood circulatin' like a Sunday paper

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (Ice1980 @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 07:01)
Hahahahha !!! Maybe I will send mine to a lucky fan in Australia!!

Lucky fan, reporting in, sir! colgate.gif

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (Aborted_Fetus @ Friday, May 3 2013, 16:52)
QUOTE (Buffalo Soldier @ Friday, May 3 2013, 16:43)

Haha yes, I know. But every time I consider another delay, my mind goes back to that.

Sh*t...so almost right after we get the game, whatever cars we have we'll have to renew the registration for them...dammit

nimblelinn
  • nimblelinn

old school

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (ViceCity09 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 17:52)
So will there be a special edition for this game?

Yes there will, I cant find it at the moment. but today I saw a topic that was from a German gaming store that had the offer. it included bonuses like early skills boosts and other perks. does anyone else know where to find it?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Noh....nowy tendz

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:44 AM Edited by Audiophile, 07 May 2013 - 06:47 AM.

Now that the nuclear bomb of rage from the delay settled, I read through the beginning of this thread when the delay was first announced and I lol'd.

I lol'd hard. Especially when we're probably the very reason for the delay due to our whining about no properties and so on.

We trolled ourselves. That is the ultimate troll on ourselves and R* is just giving us what we want.

Thank you, R*. I love you. <3 (nohomo)

Red Hat
  • Red Hat

its moi

• Daily Globe
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award GTA IV

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Monday, May 6 2013, 23:44)
Now that the nuclear bomb of rage from the delay settled, I read through the beginning of this thread when the delay was first announced and I lol'd.

I lol'd hard. Especially when we're probably the very reason for the delay due to our whining about no properties and so on.

We trolled ourselves. That is the ultimate troll on ourselves and R* is just giving us what we want.

Meh, I still say R* did it to themselves. But its a big whatever, as at this point now it's clearly for the best, no-one should be mad anymore. But looking back at it, I still say they deserve the blame for what happened. That's what happens when you release a trailer for a game with a massive fanbase that's still years away from release, but make it appear like it will be out in a normal (6 months to a year'ish) timeframe. That's pretty much where it all started. But like I said, its in the past, the fans and R* seem to be cozied up together again.

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (CalgaryJay @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 19:06)

Meh, I still say R* did it to themselves. But its a big whatever, as at this point now it's clearly for the best, no-one should be mad anymore. But looking back at it, I still say they deserve the blame for what happened. That's what happens when you release a trailer for a game with a massive fanbase that's still years away from release, but make it appear like it will be out in a normal (6 months to a year'ish) timeframe. That's pretty much where it all started. But like I said, its in the past, the fans and R* seem to be cozied up together again.

They didn't deserve all that bitching from cry baby fans and death threats.

epicluca
  • epicluca

Red Dead Remasterdemption

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

sorry for going ot but everytime I see the threads name on the homepage it's displayed as "grand theft auto v is coming..."

and I always think it's gonna say "grand theft auto v is coming to town"

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (FranticFatality @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 12:16)
QUOTE (CalgaryJay @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 19:06)

They didn't deserve all that bitching from cry baby fans and death threats.

LOL death threats??? Ya I had no idea it went that extreme. Haha wow, its a video game, some people take this shyte wayyyy too seriously. I was only referring to the fact that R* deserved to take some flak. I wasn't referring to them deserving the severity of some of it by obvious psychotics.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Remember january 31? That was 4 months ago like it was yesterday.time goes fast, we are halfway colgate.gif

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Dutch Psycho @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 20:42)
Remember january 31? That was 4 months ago like it was yesterday.time goes fast, we are halfway colgate.gif

Yeah time goes fast, and that's a good thing colgate.gif

C4RR4NZ4
  • C4RR4NZ4

Peerless

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

Want this game in my hands so bad...! Halfway still seems like forever and I'm a busy guy

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

Was playing RDR today and it got me thinking about how a few things should work like that in GTA V too, cause they sure didn't in GTA IV. For example the trains. In RDR you hop onto it and you can walk around and just move freely while the train is moving, you can even stand on top of it and you don't fall off. These are basically two things and it wasn't like that in GTA IV. It was highly annoying how you'd just slide/fall off the car or train as soon as it started moving and that sure ain't realistic. I'm pretty sure you can stand on a moving car, as long as its not driving crazy speeds. So yeah...let us do this in GTA V please. That is...if GTA V gets public transport, but i dont see a reason why they would take that out. If anything, we should get more. We should be able to use a bus as a passenger and if possible let us just walk around while it moves. Small things...but they do matter.

Steinreicher
  • Steinreicher

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 23:08)
Was playing RDR today and it got me thinking about how a few things should work like that in GTA V too, cause they sure didn't in GTA IV. For example the trains. In RDR you hop onto it and you can walk around and just move freely while the train is moving, you can even stand on top of it and you don't fall off. These are basically two things and it wasn't like that in GTA IV. It was highly annoying how you'd just slide/fall off the car or train as soon as it started moving and that sure ain't realistic. I'm pretty sure you can stand on a moving car, as long as its not driving crazy speeds. So yeah...let us do this in GTA V please. That is...if GTA V gets public transport, but i dont see a reason why they would take that out. If anything, we should get more. We should be able to use a bus as a passenger and if possible let us just walk around while it moves. Small things...but they do matter.

Your statement does also fit very well into my theory about the luxury yacht seen on screenshot #781 and in Michael's trailer.
If the yacht is a moveable watercraft, it could even be controlled by computer. Let's say, you want to take the yacht from a marina to the sea and anchor somewhere at the sea. You just place a way-point on the map and let the yacht follow the route to the destination point. While the yacht is moving and controlled by computer, you can do your things on board, walk on decks freely, check the cabins, and so on.
Since the model of this yacht is a conversion from Max Payne 3 (what I'm sure about), it has a helipad on the upper deck just behind the wheelhouse and navigation room. And this means that the yacht can even carry a helicopter and other objects while moving. smile.gif

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (Steinreicher @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 00:12)
Your statement does also fit very well into my theory about the luxury yacht seen on screenshot #781 and in Michael's trailer.
If the yacht is a moveable watercraft, it could even be controlled by computer. Let's say, you want to take the yacht from a marina to the sea and anchor somewhere at the sea. You just place a way-point on the map and let the yacht follow the route to the destination point. While the yacht is moving and controlled by computer, you can do your things on board, walk on decks freely, check the cabins, and so on.
Since the model of this yacht is a conversion from Max Payne 3 (what I'm sure about), it has a helipad on the upper deck just behind the wheelhouse and navigation room. And this means that the yacht can even carry a helicopter and other objects while moving. smile.gif

Anchors!

Now there's an idea I had not though about. I don't expect to see it in the game, but I would love it if it was.

Steinreicher
  • Steinreicher

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (ChocoFrosty @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 00:24)

Anchors!

Now there's an idea I had not though about. I don't expect to see it in the game, but I would love it if it was.

I think, it's possible.
We already know that we can do it with small boats like Dinghy. smile.gif
Why couldn't we do this with a big boat? wink.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

You are assuming we can let the boat drive automatically, right? Or was this said in a preview? I'm not aware of that smile.gif

Steinreicher
  • Steinreicher

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 02:09)

You are assuming we can let the boat drive automatically, right? Or was this said in a preview? I'm not aware of that smile.gif

Well, that is only my theory. The yacht was not even mentioned in any of new previews.
But I think that the yacht could be controlled by computer, if it's a moveable vehicle and not just a map object like in TBoGT.
In real life if you own such a big yacht, you don't control it by yourself, you let a whole crew do this for you. So you need a crew to be hired for that (otherwise you just use the waypoint-map method). This possibly could even be featured in the game since we can hire and fire people to perform a heist. As we know, the option of hiring/firing other people is in the game, and they cost money. This could also be an example of what you can spend the money on. In the game we will be able to earn millions of dollars. And this could be one of the reasons for pursuing of the almighty dollar.
And since we'll be able to own some properties, I hope that a system of taxes is also present in the game. It should be there, because it is a part of a simple model of economy. And Rockstar has promised us an in-game economy.
From the GI december issue:
QUOTE (Dan Houser @ GI)
A valid criticism of GTA IV is that there wasn't enough to do with money at the end of the game. We are definitely going to have a very vibrant and fun economy, from earlier in the game to after you've completed everything. There won't be property, but there will be loads of other stuff.

After reading this I was thinking: "How would they implement a model of economy in this game without the possibility of property purchasing?"
And now we get new previews which confirm that we can buy not only the properties, but also some businesses. This makes the in-game economy even more interesting.
In my opinion a simple model of economy doesn't just mean that you can spend your money on things you like. This model also means that you have to pay for all those beautiful things you own.
Let's take Michael for example...
He has a big house, cars and so on. He can also buy some properties and businesses, and earn money. But he also has his family which is continuously spending his money on other things which Michael doesn't need, and they are not going to stop spending his money on them. But this is not the biggest problem, because Michael has to pay taxes for his house, cars and the luxury yacht (which he probably owns). Once Michael's not able to pay taxes for his yacht, he should sell it. Though this is not the only option which he could use to stabilize his financial status. To get some money he could also do a robery, or, as another option, he could buy some businesses, too (e.g. a taxi company) which could generate some extra cash. So Michael is saved this time.
In my opinion that's how the almighty dollar should work in GTA V.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from this game. But according to the last screenshots, trailers and previews, it is heading in the direction of my thoughts. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users