Photo

The Impact of This Game

22 replies to this topic
nismo13
  • nismo13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

I dont think people understand the magnitude and potential for this game. For many people on here they believe that this will be a game that follows in the footsteps of gta iv, just like gta 3 created the stepping stones for vice city and san andreas. What i think people dont understand and what rockstar is actively trying to say is that this game will be a totally new experience. This game will be seen as a bigger generational gap from gta 3 to gta iv. There is a reason they havent called this game gta los santos. Rockstar feels that this game is so different and unique in the form of technology and gameplay that they dubbed this game PART 5. If people thought the advancements from gta san andreas to gta iv were great, imagine the possibilities with this game. People rag on rockstar too much on these forums complaining that they arent giving out info and not showing pics. People need to relax and let the guys who have given you countless amazing games (which you played the sh*t out of), time to work.

Oh yeah and the Box Art will be a totally new design ( I think)

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

Just realized the gap between IV and V is almost that of III and IV. It's been a while. The impact of V on the market and gaming in general will be amplified by the fact that most people have forgotten all about the scope of GTA.

nismo13
  • nismo13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 05:50)
Just realized the gap between IV and V is almost that of III and IV. It's been a while. The impact of V on the market and gaming in general will be amplified by the fact that most people have forgotten all about the scope of GTA.

Exactly

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

you've made good points, but even if they hadn't, GTA: Los Santos sounds terrible. I think it will be a bigger leap than III to IV though.

exmpletree
  • exmpletree

Mr. Gold Card

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

The world is about to experience the best piece of gaming they have ever known

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Chradder? I didn't know it was RPG time already.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (exmpletree @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 10:12)

Maybe, I've played some pretty darn good games on the older consoles.

The-Edgar
  • The-Edgar

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

I think most people here around this forum are afraid of a NEW Grand Theft Auto.

They prefer to stay in the past and keep saying GTA:San Andreas was the only 'true' GTA Title.

I feel very sorry that GTA IV got so much controversity here in this forum, only because people do not accept a different GTA Title.

They will also sh*tstorm on Grand Theft Auto Five... because it's not GTA:San Andreas.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Maybe R* should have waited with dropping the news, so there wouldn't be those massive dry spells but steady bits and pieces now and then. I think noone is saying they had ENOUGH time by now and should be done or finally release the game or whatever, we just want to see more of it, or get more info on it cause we feel this might very well be the ONE game that changes the our future perception of what's good/awesome. The game will certainly raise the bar again. And I really think that besides the epic new scope of the singleplayer, the multiplayer will be that CHANGING aspect that has us thinking "oh, gat-damn...."

exmpletree
  • exmpletree

Mr. Gold Card

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (The-Edgar @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 10:31)
I think most people here around this forum are afraid of a NEW Grand Theft Auto.

They prefer to stay in the past and keep saying GTA:San Andreas was the only 'true' GTA Title.

I feel very sorry that GTA IV got so much controversity here in this forum, only because people do not accept a different GTA Title.

They will also sh*tstorm on Grand Theft Auto Five... because it's not GTA:San Andreas.

IMO IV sucked compared to SA, but that was because of the tiny map and lack of possibilities, planes etc

but V is everything that SA had but better, bigger and more beautiful. this will be the best GTA ever (rockstar also said its the most ambitious game they ever made so it must be f*cking amazing)

Diesleman
  • Diesleman

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

I don't think it will be THAT different personally.

More excited for next gen.

The-Edgar
  • The-Edgar

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (exmpletree @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 10:20)

IMO IV sucked compared to SA, but that was because of the tiny map and lack of possibilities, planes etc

but V is everything that SA had but better, bigger and more beautiful. this will be the best GTA ever (rockstar also said its the most ambitious game they ever made so it must be f*cking amazing)

This is one of the person who didn't get why GTA IV is much more important to GTAFIVE than SA... biggrin.gif

GTA:SA was just GTA III with extended posibilities.

It used the same Engine as in III.

The World moves on and on, so also Gaming industries.

It would be a shame when Title after Title, Rockstar is just extending posibilities.

It would end like a Super Mario, which is Still the Same as back in the 90's.

I love Rockstar for the work they put in GTA IV.

It was just a very big Step away from the GTA III era and towards Modern Gaming.

Staying in the past and rebuilding the exact same game year after year, will end in boring misery.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (exmpletree @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 09:12)

I really think you guys need to get your arms down. Overall this is still just another GTA game. From what we know so far I don't think GTA V will be anything revolutionary.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (simonp92 @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 10:33)

I really think you guys need to get your arms down. Overall this is still just another GTA game. From what we know so far I don't think GTA V will be anything revolutionary.

I CAST THEE OUT BLASPHEMER!!!

The-Edgar
  • The-Edgar

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

''A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer[...]''

A bold new direction means there has to be something new.

And if this new direction is going to be good, sure it will influence the Gaming World and future GTA Titles.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Australia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

It may not feel like it yet, but the week before the game releases will create tension that can be cut with a knife. I'm 27 and the day before releases I'm going to get a rush of those old feelings of every GTA release. My palms will sweat like hell and I'll probably lose focus during my university lectures. ph34r.gif

All I'll be thinking about is the day to end and hauling my ass to EB Games to buy the damn game come home and probably have shaky hands unwrapping the game case.

Good bye social life haha. I have a feeling this will be the game of the current generation. There's a certain feeling a R* title generates, but this one feels like no other. I expect many jaws to be broken as they drop on the floor around the world the day we finally play it. cool.gif

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 11:24)
It may not feel like it yet, but the week before the game releases will create tension that can be cut with a knife. I'm 27 and the day before releases I'm going to get a rush of those old feelings of every GTA release. My palms will sweat like hell and I'll probably lose focus during my university lectures. ph34r.gif

All I'll be thinking about is the day to end and hauling my ass to EB Games to buy the damn game come home and probably have shaky hands unwrapping the game case.

Good bye social life haha. I have a feeling this will be the game of the current generation. There's a certain feeling a R* title generates, but this one feels like no other. I expect many jaws to be broken as they drop on the floor around the world the day we finally play it. cool.gif

this 100 times this icon14.gif

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

I thought most of us understood this is going to be like the jump from VC to SA.
Infact we have been told this from the gods.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Chradder? I didn't know it was RPG time already.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (The-Edgar @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 11:45)

''A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer[...]''

A bold new direction means there has to be something new.

And if this new direction is going to be good, sure it will influence the Gaming World and future GTA Titles.

Sure, the 3 Protagonists. That's the Bold new direction.

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

I think the key is this : We implement our experience in IV, RDR and Max Payne into GTA V.

Anyone that have played those games can understand how EPIC this game is going to be.

Considering this statement, the fact that this is the new GTA and the information we already have, i already hear the video reviewers saying that this is the best game they ve ever played.

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

I personaly believe that V will not trump IV and IV will remain the best in the series. V looks so lackluster compared to IV. Also, I think they shouldn't have V a higher numeral as I don't see it as being such a large step forward to IV.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (exmpletree @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 18:20)

This explains how a person is an idiot when it comes to the evolution of the GTA series.

If you can remember, GTA III has the lowest point of features at this generation. You can't fly planes neither helis that time and never drive motorcycles. You also never have an option to swim. GTA VC was a big improvement as its has bigger, more bolder map than GTA III setting has; and has more available options and new features. GTA SA was an even big step forward as it introduced a large variety of features and greater improvement from the two previous installments.

GTA IV also has that same treatment as GTA IIII. It was a new kind of game being in HD and a bigger step towards GTA III era. Of course it lack the option of flying aircraft and customization because it's new game in a very different world. With their experience from their previous installment, R* now wants to improve from their previous success by adding "unlimited" options and features to date.

Now recall anything from the previous GTA titles. It takes evolution and experience to greatly improve the game.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

GTA V will be the best game of this generation consoles... cool.gif

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Chekoloco @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 14:29)
GTA V will be the best game of this generation consoles... cool.gif

That could very well be. This generation wasn't as good as the last one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users