» «
Photo

Late night bike ride

39 replies to this topic
Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:45 PM Edited by Sauron, 31 January 2013 - 08:19 PM.

Last night I decided to go on a romantic bike ride with my girlfriend around sunset. We both popped on our helmets (safety first) and our Live Strong cycling jerseys and headed towards the beach. We arrived as the sun was sinking behind the sea, it was perfect, the sunset was breathtaking with a variety of colours on display, it was kind of like listening to My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion for the first time. My gal was clearly impressed and we held hands and talked about the clouds they were clearly Cumulus but she described them as pink clouds, girls... Anyway it was starting to get dark and we needed to make the ride home because we hadn't equipped our HighBeamer 3000 bike lights. As we are making the ride back I decide to impress my girl with my sweet bike moves. I pop off the curb and get like three feet of air, mind blown. Clearly inspired by my impressive manoeuvre she attempts to launch a sweet air, but with the dark she didn't notice the roadworks sign and pops straight into a ditch. Of course it is all my fault. Her face is all bloody and she has a sore wrist. She starts screaming at me about not equipping the HighBeamer 3000 and how dangerous riding a bike at night is. I apologise profusely telling her about my love of night bike rides, but she won't listen and she turns around and cycles home, leaving me all alone and then it starts to rain. I've tried calling her several times today but she won't answer. Do you guys have any advice on how I can win her back? I'm thinking about watching The Notebook to try and get some pointers because I am kind of embarrassed to talk to my friends about this...

***UPDATE***

Alright guys I took into consideration your replies and a lot of you seemed to think a gift or grand gesture would get me across the line. Despite your great advice I've found myself in quite the pickle and I'm in need of urgent help (again). Let me set the scene.

So I finally get my girl to answer her cellular phone and after a few quick pleasantries (she's still pissed) I convince her to let me make her dinner. Now my girl likes it hot, so I'm over at her place chopping some Dantes Peak style chilli while drinking a few Bud Light's. Anyway after a few brewski's we all know the feeling of natures tide and I was about to blow. So I'm making my assault on the toilet bowl when I start to feel a deep burn in my junk. f*ck! I forgot to wash my hands. Now I'm stuck in the bathroom with a mean case of fire crotch. Anyone know any quick remedies I can find in the bathroom to apply to my junk to get the burn away? I might be able to make a quick raid on the house without my girl getting too suspicious, but I'm trying to keep movement to a minimum while my nether regions feel as though they are cooking in the flames of Mt. Doom.
  • NAME CHANGE LOL likes this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Order like fifty crates of HighBeamer 3000s and have them sent to her home, if everything else doesn't work out.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Flowers. Lots of flowers. Other than that, since there isn't really a wrong to right, hope that she forgets all about it soon enough.

AH64Hunter
  • AH64Hunter

Forking and dongles

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Wednesday, Jan 30 2013, 19:54)
Flowers. Lots of flowers. Other than that, since there isn't really a wrong to right, hope that she forgets all about it soon enough.

Basically this.

Showed up late for a date? just bring some flowers and they will think of you as a charming Prince.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Born to Lose, Live to Win

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

So she drives wrong and then she blames you? its not your fault, at least its not your fault alone. but she probably got embarrassed
when she fell, that's why shes acting like that, girls have a tendency to do that. tounge.gif

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Does she have a sense of humor about herself at all? Text her and ask her if her face is still broken.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Sauron @ Wednesday, Jan 30 2013, 19:45)
Last night I decided to go on a romantic bike ride with my girlfriend around sunset. We both popped on our helmets (safety first) and our Live Strong cycling jerseys and headed towards the beach. We arrived as the sun was sinking behind the sea, it was perfect, the sunset was breathtaking with a variety of colours on display, it was kind of like listening to My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion for the first time. My gal was clearly impressed and we held hands and talked about the clouds they were clearly Cumulus but she described them as pink clouds, girls... Anyway it was starting to get dark and we needed to make the ride home because we hadn't equipped our HighBeamer 3000 bike lights. As we are making the ride back I decide to impress my girl with my sweet bike moves. I pop off the curb and get like three feet of air, mind blown. Clearly inspired by my impressive manoeuvre she attempts to launch a sweet air, but with the dark she didn't notice the roadworks sign and pops straight into a ditch. Of course it is all my fault. Her face is all bloody and she has a sore wrist. She starts screaming at me about not equipping the HighBeamer 3000 and how dangerous riding a bike at night is. I apologise profusely telling her about my love of night bike rides, but she won't listen and she turns around and cycles home, leaving me all alone and then it starts to rain. I've tried calling her several times today but she won't answer. Do you guys have any advice on how I can win her back? I'm thinking about watching The Notebook to try and get some pointers because I am kind of embarrassed to talk to my friends about this...

Perhaps suggest taking her on a romantic late night bicycle ride!

moto_whistle.gif

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Women have a tendency to blame everyone but themselves when they do something stupid. You don't have to but just say sorry and wait for her to calm down. She'll come back and apologize eventually. Unless she's not that type and is a total bitch. In that case, move on and find a different girl.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (Sauron @ Wednesday, Jan 30 2013, 20:45)
Of course it is all my fault.

THIS. Why? It's not your fault if she tries the same thing as you and fails with it. I don't jump down a building with a parachute only because I saw someone doing it. turn.gif

But to be honest this is a common thing with girls, it usually has to be someone elses fault. I don't really know what you can do to fix it, since there's nothing really to fix as you actually done nothing wrong, well maybe because of the not equipped highbeamers 3000, but even that is not fully your fault, is it?

stu
  • stu

Ya filthy animal.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:12 PM Edited by GTA_stu, 30 January 2013 - 08:27 PM.

Seems like you need to buy a tandem. It's the douchiest, gayest, worstest kind of self-propelled transport, but she will love it. And the great thing about a tandem is you can do all the peddling, whilst she enjoys and entertains herself by looking at shiny objects going by. It's also like having a menage et toi with the coldest, most rigid woman you've ever ridden.

Colonel_Buttfuck
  • Colonel_Buttfuck

Destroyer Of Worlds

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

You sound like a push-over. "It's all my fault!" Lame. It's her fault. She took the risk, not you.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Cheat on her. And when she finds out and asks you why you did something so hurtful and wrong - throw this incident back in her face.
"Oh, you don't want me to cheat on you? Well, don't shout at me."

Rude people deserve nothing but misery.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Short and quick, my first thought was: What a terrible dumb girl... your telling of the story made me laugh, just sweet.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

She's forgiven you for the abortion, then? I would count my blessings.

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

I'd just leave it at that, if she's uptight to the point where something so obviously her fault is blamed on you. Either that or you need to set some standards.

On the other hand she could be extremely embarrassed and not angry so in that case try to explain to her you don't give a sh*t if she has failed so badly and that she shouldn't be shy.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Founder/C.E.O. of the Kool Kidz Klub

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

She attempts a stunt on her own and ends up injuring herself, and then blames you. That's not your fault. Slap some sense into that bitch.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Wednesday, Jan 30 2013, 21:54)
Flowers. Lots of flowers.

If you have money, f*ck this advice. Get her jewelry instead.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

She was probably on the blob.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Go take the street sign "roadworks sign" that she didn't pay attention to and give it to her as a gift. Then tell her you are dating her best friend. It seems like that's the only resonable thing to do here, considering that her logic is on about the same level.

You're welcome.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:13 PM Edited by Typhus, 30 January 2013 - 09:17 PM.

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Wednesday, Jan 30 2013, 20:54)
QUOTE (K^2 @ Wednesday, Jan 30 2013, 21:54)
Flowers. Lots of flowers.

If you have money, f*ck this advice. Get her jewelry instead.

Why would he get her jewelry when SHE shouted at HIM?
Maybe he would like a bouquet or flowers? Maybe he would like a pretty broach or a bracelet? But no, no one stops to consider that, do they? He's got emotional needs too, you know.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Wait so she stormed off with YOUR bike? I hope your poor bike is alright. It she was truly angry she could have really messed your bike up, not to mention that it is probably bathed in blood. As for her, I think it was her own fault.

Pancho the great
  • Pancho the great

Hang the DJ!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Two words.

Mix. Tape.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

ITT: Men who are single (and probably going to stay that way)

playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

she f*cked up. she's embarrassed and has a bit of a temper it seems so she lashed out on you. if she has a heart then she will apologize soon. DO NOT give her a present. jesus christ do not award her for being mean. She probably knows it was her fault, and if you give her any sort of gift then she may think that her behavior was ok. You should arrange a new date though, and soon because the longer you leave her alone the more time she has to think of reasons for why it was your fault instead of why it was her fault, and it may cause her to resent you.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Wednesday, Jan 30 2013, 23:05)
Women have a tendency to blame everyone but themselves when they do something stupid.

Men have a tendency to make up or believe silly stereotypes and act according to them.

On topic: I would personally go to her place as soon as possible (I would have done that as soon as she left) and try and talk to her in the calmest way possible. I wouldn't place any blame on her because in my opinion none of you are guilty and I would apologize anyway.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Sauron @ Wednesday, Jan 30 2013, 19:45)
but she won't listen and she turns around and cycles home, leaving me all alone and then it starts to rain.

I laughed at this part, the irony.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Wednesday, Jan 30 2013, 22:14)
QUOTE (Ryda King @ Wednesday, Jan 30 2013, 23:05)
Women have a tendency to blame everyone but themselves when they do something stupid.

Men have a tendency to make up or believe silly stereotypes and act according to them.

On topic: I would personally go to her place as soon as possible (I would have done that as soon as she left) and try and talk to her in the calmest way possible. I wouldn't place any blame on her because in my opinion none of you are guilty and I would apologize anyway.

If she started shouting at him, I'd say that is the behaviour of a profoundly guilty, contemptible person.

S5L3T0
  • S5L3T0

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:19 PM Edited by S5L3T0, 30 January 2013 - 10:24 PM.

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Wednesday, Jan 30 2013, 21:02)
Go take the street sign "roadworks sign" that she didn't pay attention to and give it to her as a gift. Then tell her you are dating her best friend. It seems like that's the only resonable thing to do here, considering that her logic is on about the same level.

You're welcome.

QFT. Seriously, if you go back to her or try to make her 'forgive' you, you deserve to have this happen again. Make her best friend (or someone she talks to) fall in love with you and then she'll just hear all the things she could've had.

EDIT: Honestly, if she apologizes, let it go. Women let emotion play into there decision making too much to get hung up on there actions. But if she's just gonna be a stupid bitch about it, f*ck her. You don't need that and shouldn't have to put up with that. There are plenty of sane women to choose from.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

sounds like this girl is a little immature...
throwing a tantrum and going home because of a little spill? an honest accident? it should be something that you were both laughing about.

are you sure there aren't any other girls you're interested in right now?
maybe this is an opportunity to look elsewhere tounge2.gif

just thinking out loud.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 01:17)
If she started shouting at him, I'd say that is the behaviour of a profoundly guilty, contemptible person.

People can say all sorts of silly things in the heat of the moment. If she still blames him after all this time then it does indeed indicate that she is somewhat immature. I don't think this is a good enough reason to leave her or something like that, not until they talk properly first. I wouldn't let my pride get in the way of any relationship.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users