128 replies to this topic
greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

to surpass san andreas...

GTA 4 was an excellent game, but the general consensus among gta fans and gaming fans in general is that they enjoyed san andreas more..... and that san andreas is the best game in the series (rather you personally agree or disagree)

but what does GTA 5 have to do to surpass SA

Johnayx
  • Johnayx

WWE Fan/YouTuber (WrastlinJohnny)

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Be better in every aspect of San Andreas tounge.gif WHAT ELSE.

bps1977
  • bps1977

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Just be fun and amaze me as San Andreas did over and over!

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Be fun and bigger than San Andreas?

Mpower
  • Mpower

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Seriously greenrock stop spamming....

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (Mpower @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 16:53)

This. In all of your threads you never even give your opinion. You ask us all of these questions and never explain what you think and how you feel.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 21:56)
QUOTE (Mpower @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 16:53)

This. In all of your threads you never even give your opinion. You ask us all of these questions and never explain what you think and how you feel.

it should have more side missions/activities then SA to be better

japse123
  • japse123

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Greenrock, you make me laugh biggrin.gif

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

It's already better than SA, because V will have RDR elements in it. I need that ambiente/vibe. SA was awesome with its beach, palms, ocean etc.....but it looked static. Now it's all going to breathe and move and/or whatever.

IV is the best GTA to this day. You could say SA was more likable or whatever, but simply that leap forward in technology and all, makes every recent GTA the best there is. Namsayin? Can't find the right words for it atm...

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Hmm, I dont really like this notion that SA is the best GTA. I think a better question would be what does GTA V have to do to become your favorite GTA.

And in that case the answer would be:
  • Make money more useful than any game before
  • Elaborate on the multiplayer from IV significantly
  • Include much desired features like Car mods, Weapon Mods, and Robberies
  • Have a large amount of enjoyable mini games
  • Have a story that compells you to play it twice
  • Be dynamic enough that after the story there is still alot to do
  • Realistic Steak

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Even if V surpasses San Andreas (which it WILL do), there will still be some people who will say that SA is still better...

TheKDogg
  • TheKDogg

K.Dogg

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Why is everybody ALWAYS talking about San Andreas? Yesss it was a good game but this is getting ridiculous .. SA is SA anf GTA V is gonna be GTA V with the GTA V feel !!

The game is going to be amazing ...

So many people will compare it to SA the second they start playing it and will start to moan ... "feels so different than SA it sucks" .. ahh gosh.

down2buisness
  • down2buisness

R* F

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

If anyone is spamming its the f*cking realistic Steak thread... I hope all those sorry trolls get a big juicy tube steak to choke on... these forums are horrible now.... adios.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (greenrock @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 21:50)
GTA 4 was an excellent game, but the general consensus among gta fans and gaming fans in general is that they enjoyed san andreas more..... and that san andreas is the best game in the series (rather you personally agree or disagree)

There is no such consensus. Speak for yourself and not what you perceive to be the GTA fanbase. If there's anything that annoys me about SA or III-era fanboys, it's this.

OT: IV already surpassed SA as far as quality is concerned. V will surpass SA with respect to both quality and quantity. I really don't think it will take much, considering how good IV was with significantly fewer features.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Have planes really. I for one am not a San Andreas fanboy and even thought IV was better than 'holy' SA in many ways.
So V can easily surpass SA imo.

tobu24
  • tobu24

"Apes with ego trips."

• Members

QUOTE (Noclue_42 @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 18:10)
It's already better than SA, because V will have RDR elements in it. I need that ambiente/vibe. SA was awesome with its beach, palms, ocean etc.....but it looked static. Now it's all going to breathe and move and/or whatever.

IV is the best GTA to this day. You could say SA was more likable or whatever, but simply that leap forward in technology and all, makes every recent GTA the best there is. Namsayin? Can't find the right words for it atm...

Yea, because graphics are everything...right?

Imho they lost me when the content suffered from the new graphics. GTA IV and the episodes had little to no replayability. I discover new stuff in the former iteration of San Andreas and that says a lot.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 17:16)

There is no such consensus. Speak for yourself and not what you perceive to be the GTA fanbase. If there's anything that annoys me about SA or III-era fanboys, it's this.

OT: IV already surpassed SA as far as quality is concerned. V will surpass SA with respect to both quality and quantity. I really don't think it will take much, considering how good IV was with significantly fewer features.

Whether you agree with it or not, there actually is a large base of fans that were not thrilled with IV

japse123
  • japse123

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 22:17)

Whether you agree with it or not, there actually is a large base of fans that were not thrilled with IV

Yes, I agree. But still the quality of IV is in fact better than SA.

Shooting, fighting, missions, physics.

But I agree SA had a different kind of feel to it and I prefer SA over IV.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

I honestly don't think it can surpass it as a game with all limitations considered. I do think it'll match it, and to do that, they need to do what San Andreas did and apply it to this gen: insane amount of quality content, insane amount of things to do, and just a fun game.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Judging by some people on here, V will need to cure cancer to be better than San Andreas.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (tobu24 @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 16:16)

Imho they lost me when the content suffered from the new graphics. GTA IV and the episodes had little to no replayability. I discover new stuff in the former iteration of San Andreas and that says a lot.

confused.gif 'graphics are everything, right'. dozingoff.gif
Your point is meaningless. Obviously some love IV for more than it's graphics, is that too hard for you to understand?
God it is tiring to read comments like these.

japse123
  • japse123

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 22:21)
QUOTE (tobu24 @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 16:16)

confused.gif 'graphics are everything, right'. dozingoff.gif
Your point is meaningless. Obviously some love IV for more than it's graphics, is that too hard for you to understand?
God it is tiring to read comments like these.

He was sarcastic about the graphics thing.

tobu24
  • tobu24

"Apes with ego trips."

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 18:21)
Judging by some people on here, V will need to cure cancer to be better than San Andreas.

No, they could simply keep the content they originally established in the original SA with a bit more instead of putting the main emphasis on graphics. It's as simple as that.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

I have a good advice for people that are bitching about the quality of GTA V in comparison with GTA SA. Don't buy the bloody game, just keep playing GTA SA.

In all seriousness GTA V will be definitely better than all previous GTA's combined.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

And a large base of fans like IV. So what? People will always be more vocal about what they hate than what they love. A couple of people bitching on the internet doesn't constitute a general consensus, especially when these fans are dwarfed by the millions that purchased IV and haven't bothered to bitch about it. No one here knows every GTA fan or patron, so why go there? Appealing to an unsubstantiated "majority" or "consensus" or whatever your little click of friends thinks is just empty rhetorical rubbish.

Sincerely speak for yourself and I will respect your opinion. Blindly speak for people you don't know and I'm not gonna take your opinion seriously (whether games, politics, religion, etc.).

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:36 PM Edited by jamieleng, 29 January 2013 - 10:40 PM.

@tobu24

GTA IV didn't even have cutting edge graphics, just like every GTA game. What it did have was the most detailed & complex open world ever created. With the best animation system on the market, excellent physics, lots of new features (most good, some bad), believable dialogue with lots of nuanced characters & the best story to date imo.

But nah, you're right. All IV did was remove all the content & improve the graphics.

tobu24
  • tobu24

"Apes with ego trips."

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 18:32)
I have a good advice for people that are bitching about the quality of GTA V in comparison with GTA SA. Don't buy the bloody game, just keep playing GTA SA.

In all seriousness GTA V will be definitely better than all previous GTA's combined.

That is not a definite. That is your opinion. Why do retards like this never understand that fact? Also, we're fans on a gtaforums board, so most of us have had an considerable investment in the series, and we can voice our discontent whether we buy their product or not...or whether you like it or not.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Dick Valor @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 17:35)

And a large base of fans like IV. So what? People will always be more vocal about what they hate than what they love. A couple of people bitching on the internet doesn't constitute a general consensus, especially when these fans are dwarfed by the millions that purchased IV and haven't bothered to bitch about it. No one here knows every GTA fan or patron, so why go there? Appealing to an unsubstantiated "majority" or "consensus" or whatever your little click of friends thinks is just empty rhetorical rubbish.

Sincerely speak for yourself and I will respect your opinion. Blindly speak for people you don't know and I'm not gonna take your opinion seriously (whether games, politics, religion, etc.).

You are correct, there really is no way of determining the consensus of opinions regarding GTA IV since, as you stated, those who liked the game are less vocal.

However, to modify the original statement, the notion that GTA IV has been the most scrutinized in the series is pretty much a fact. Whether it is deserving of this criticism, the truth is that VC and SA we generally better received by the fanbase than IV was.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:44 PM Edited by Miamivicecity, 29 January 2013 - 10:48 PM.

No matter how great GTA V you'll still get fans who think SA is the best in the series. I mean there's nothing wrong with that of course. What's "best" really is subjective and I don't blame people for liking SA the most.

However I don't follow any real consensus and I'll make up my mind about GTA V when I play it. There's even a slim chance I might not like it as much as GTA IV.

Anyway I think most people know my feelings on GTA IV when it's compared to SA. While GTA IV has less features and has some flaws it's still fundamentally better to me.

I like Niko ALOT more than CJ. The gritty post-9/11 NYC theme is most interesting than early 90s LA, the characters are better, the city rapes all of SA's cities comibned and that's without talking about the techincal aspects which I try to leave out as I undersatnd there's a generation gap between the two. SA just simply doesn't compare in that regard.

I guess one thing that annoys me is the assumption made all the time that people only like GTA IV for its graphics. I'm sorry, but that's a load of crap. I like GTA IV's graphics sure, but it's not the only thing that keeps me playing it to this day.

In the end it just comes down to preference. I know a lot of people like SA more than GTA IV and are perhaps stubborn that nothing will ever beat it, but that's up to them. Each to their own.

tobu24
  • tobu24

"Apes with ego trips."

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Jan 29 2013, 18:44)
No matter how great GTA V you'll still get fans who think SA is the best in the series. I mean there's nothing wrong with that of course. What's "best" really is subjective and I don't blame people for liking SA the most.

However I don't follow any real consensus and I'll make up my mind about GTA V when I play it. There's even a slim chance I might not like it as much as GTA IV.

Anyway I think most people know my feelings on GTA IV when it's compared to SA. While GTA IV has less features and has some flaws it's still fundamentally better to me.

I like Niko ALOT more than CJ. The gritty post-911 NYC theme is most interesting than early 90s LA, the characters are better, the city rapes all of SA's cities comibned and that's without talking about the techincal aspects which I try to leave out as I undersatnd there's a generation gap between the two. SA just simply doesn't compare in that regard.

I guess one thing that annoys me is the assumption made all the time that people only like GTA IV for its graphics. I'm sorry, but that's a load of crap. I like GTA IV's graphics sure, but it's not the only thing that keeps me playing it to this day.

In the end it just comes down to preference. I know a lot of people like SA more than GTA IV and are perhaps stubborn that nothing will ever beat it, but that's up to them. Each to their own.

I agree, it's subjective. I felt the characters in GTA IV were horrendously uninspired, the environment was amazing to look at....but therein lies the problem. You could only look at it! I know Rstar's idea was to hold off content and then dole it out over time but it's frustrating when a previous game had so much content only to have it stripped down in sequels.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users