Photo

3 niko sized stories?

43 replies to this topic
Markhayzy
  • Markhayzy

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

If gta v is as big as claimed and rockstars most ambitious game ever do you think we'l get a really long story to keep us playing. I would live something epic like a niko sized story for each carachter all interwoven. I would hate it if the story is the same length as IV. I mean rockstar might include some mini games and a massive map to explore even some dlc but let's face it, it's a sad moment once the story's complete and the games never the same again. How could rockstar implement a way to keep the story going after completion? Maybe totally random ever changing npc's with hundreds of dynamic missions? I just want to play V forever. I'm sad I know

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (Markhayzy @ Sunday, Jan 27 2013, 13:08)
If gta v is as big as claimed and rockstars most ambitious game ever do you think we'l get a really long story to keep us playing. I would live something epic like a niko sized story for each carachter all interwoven. I would hate it if the story is the same length as IV. I mean rockstar might include some mini games and a massive map to explore even some dlc but let's face it, it's a sad moment once the story's complete and the games never the same again. How could rockstar implement a way to keep the story going after completion? Maybe totally random ever changing npc's with hundreds of dynamic missions? I just want to play V forever. I'm sad I know

I think the story will be as long as in IV. But we play with 3 characters.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

its already stated that the story will be shorter than GTA4. About 25 hours. similar to Read Dead Redemption

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:23 PM Edited by billy james, 27 January 2013 - 01:25 PM.

QUOTE (iNero @ Sunday, Jan 27 2013, 13:22)
its already stated that the story will be shorter than GTA4. About 25 hours. similar to Read Dead Redemption

Doesn't GTA IV take that much time to complete, seeing that there's a Trophy/Achievement wanting you to complete the game under 30 hours

CJ4LIFE1294
  • CJ4LIFE1294

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

The game is huge in terms of the world but Im pretty sure Rockstar stated the game story isn't as long as gta 4 because they found most people got bored with the story line because it was too long and they didn't finish it. They said it was going-to be as long as red dead redemptions story line. I think Im right in saying that maybe i misread

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Hopplös Kanin

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Sunday, Jan 27 2013, 14:23)

Doesn't GTA IV take that much time to complete, seeing that there's a Trophy/Achievement wanting you to complete the game under 30 hours

Took me 22 hours to beat IV so.. tounge.gif

Sckarface
  • Sckarface

Live life to the fullest.

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

How can this game possibly be shorter than GTA IV?

Muffin_Man
  • Muffin_Man

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

if they have enough replayability which i imagine they will and mp the story is of little significance as to how long you will play for.

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

IV was only long because of "drive to the opposite side of the city to kill this dude, then drive all the way back to kill this dude" sort of sh*t.

initium
  • initium

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

With all the side activities I don't think I'll play less than 100 hours

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Sunday, Jan 27 2013, 13:23)

read the Previews and stuff... all of them say its shorter than GTA4 and about as long as Read Dead Redemption.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

IV and San Andreas are both too long, and in my opinion the stories get boring towards the end (Niko in Alderney and Carl in Las Venturas). Vice City didn't have this problem, nor did III or Red Dead Redemption. I welcome a shorter story.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Sunday, Jan 27 2013, 14:07)
IV and San Andreas are both too long, and in my opinion the stories get boring towards the end (Niko in Alderney and Carl in Las Venturas). Vice City didn't have this problem, nor did III or Red Dead Redemption. I welcome a shorter story.

thats right. but therefore they should add more activities, mini games, side missions and that stuff... just things to do so u can just mess around and have fun. that wasnt possible in GTA4 tbh. or at least in a very small scale

TRANEMing
  • TRANEMing

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

I'd like a long storyline.....but of course some players will find it boring.....
Anyway, as long as the story is good, I dont care....

UncleVlad
  • UncleVlad

Vice City Stories!

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

I thought this was proven fake by Adriaan? Some magazine misintepreted it or something.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Remember that during missions featuring the trio, or occasionally just two, we'll be able to switch at certain points during the mission. There are also more missions that give you the freedom to complete as you see fit (less scripted & more freeform). Of course this is just info gleaned from interviews & previews, but this should be the most replayable GTA to date.

I'm sure they've chopped & changed the length to the optimum amount of time required to tell this story. They aren't restricted like movies are, they can make it any length, within reason.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (UncleVlad @ Sunday, Jan 27 2013, 16:02)

I thought this was proven fake by Adriaan? Some magazine misintepreted it or something.

Indeed. It was only made up by a magazine, not real info.

See: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=533147

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

In terms of number of story missions, a crude calculation based on GTAIV would say not to expect three Niko-size stories but three Johnny or Luis-sized stories.

If we imagine the complete GTAIV story shortened to the length of Red Dead Redemption, with equal time given to each protagonist, that would mean keeping all of Johnny's and Luis's missions from the DLC and shortening Niko's story to be the same length. Removing "duplicate" protagonist crossover missions from this list, which would be combined multiple-protagonist missions in GTAV, brings the total mission count very close to Red Dead Redemption's.

Looking at this negatively, if we think of Niko's story being cut to one-third its length, that seems terrible. Mitigating this is the expectation that the GTAV protagonists will interact with each other more than the three GTAIV story protagonists, so we get to know them all better than Johnny or Luis, and that missions featuring multiple protagonists will have replay value if you take control of different protagonists at different times.

GTAIV probably will be the all-time longest GTA story (Niko+Johnny+Luis) for all time, because the completion stats prove most players will not finish a story anywhere near that long. Supposedly less than 30% finished GTAIV. Rockstar cutting 2/3 of the time you spend as one character would be an obvious way to respond to that.

super_slav
  • super_slav

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

I found IV's story the perfect length.

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

"There's a bitch... AndyGAGNAKATEKS"

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands
  • Best Snapmatic [Character] 2013

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I always fantasize about DLC's with added peds, cars, city updates like construction sites being completed and added stores, more parts for car customization etc etc etc every 6 months or whatever. That would keep things fresh and fun.

ChrissDaMan
  • ChrissDaMan

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Sunday, Jan 27 2013, 13:23)

i wonder how short its possible to make GTA IV, i did it in 16 hours (taking the Taxi everywhere)

azali10
  • azali10

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (CJ4LIFE1294 @ Sunday, Jan 27 2013, 13:24)

The game is huge in terms of the world but Im pretty sure Rockstar stated the game story isn't as long as gta 4 because they found most people got bored with the story line because it was too long and they didn't finish it. They said it was going-to be as long as red dead redemptions story line. I think Im right in saying that maybe i misread

So true. I got maybe 70 or 80% of the way through the story because I got bored of it. RDR I finished.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (vivalavendredi @ Sunday, Jan 27 2013, 13:18)

I think the story will be as long as in IV. But we play with 3 characters.

This icon14.gif

TripleRob
  • TripleRob

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

I hope it's not that long....I lost intrest in playing gta4...I dunno if it was the story or what but I never finished it. Red dead on the other hand I beat probably because the story kept me intrested and wasn't that long.

omer19992010
  • omer19992010

Grove Street OG

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

The game isn't 25 hours. 25 has proven wrong check the newswire

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (Johnny Playert @ Sunday, Jan 27 2013, 10:31)
I always fantasize about DLC's with added peds, cars, city updates like construction sites being completed and added stores, more parts for car customization etc etc etc every 6 months or whatever. That would keep things fresh and fun.

I think a lot of GTA fans think about this and I think Rockstar thinks about it, but the economic model for it would probably have to be a subscription-based MMO. Rockstar learned DLC can only be so big because the nature of it is people lose interest in the original game and DLC only lures some people back.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Trund @ Sunday, Jan 27 2013, 15:04)
QUOTE (UncleVlad @ Sunday, Jan 27 2013, 16:02)

Indeed. It was only made up by a magazine, not real info.

See: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=533147

So? main-story takes 25 hours

artie
  • artie

GTAer since the original.

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

They need DLC which simply adds vehicles, guns, clothing etc. It's too ambitious to think they'd add Las Venturas and/or San Fierro in DLCs, but how incredible it would be...

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

I think GTA IV was too long. I think in an interview it was said that GTA V will be shorter - like 20 hours.

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

"There's a bitch... AndyGAGNAKATEKS"

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands
  • Best Snapmatic [Character] 2013

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Sunday, Jan 27 2013, 18:02)
QUOTE (Johnny Playert @ Sunday, Jan 27 2013, 10:31)

I think a lot of GTA fans think about this and I think Rockstar thinks about it, but the economic model for it would probably have to be a subscription-based MMO. Rockstar learned DLC can only be so big because the nature of it is people lose interest in the original game and DLC only lures some people back.

Yes, i think you're exactly right. I don't know, if they said DLC won't be like EFLC (sadly), then what else would there be, really?

But lmao @ people never finishing GTA IV because it was 'too long'. It had the perfect story length. What, you guys don't have the attention span? Wow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users