8 replies to this topic
Tyler
  • Tyler

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

user posted image

Coachella is just around the corner and with the release of the picture above me on twitter I wanted to know what everyone thought of the line-up. Anyone planning on going? Any past experiences to share for those who have gone? I plan on going this year with some friends and I'd love to hear what it's like firsthand from some of you guys.

For those of you who don't know, the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is an event held every year in Indio, California. It's basically a three day event with various musical acts ranging from hip-hop to indie, with an emphasis on sculptural art and getting the best of the best for each show. More info on the wiki.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

I've always wanted to time my trip to the US with this festival. They always have a brilliant line-up that's incredibly diverse so there's definitely something to suit everyone. This year is no different, though I must admit that I'm rather lost with a few of the bands. Still, the line-up for Saturday is very much my kind of thing.

If you go, you'll definitely have to report back with your tales icon14.gif

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

To be honest it doesn't look as amazing as last years one was. I'm not into much other music then Hip Hop, these days and I'm not really impressed. However, it'll be a long time before I ever go there since Im in Ireland anyway.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

No way will it beat last year. Tupac hologram, Dre, Snoop, Eminem, 50 Cent, Kendrick Lamar, Warren G etc.

Still looks like a pretty decent line-up though icon14.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:27 AM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 28 January 2013 - 01:38 AM.

Tommy but you got Wu-Tang and Jurassic 5! They can stick it those rappers, any day biggrin.gif What's the story with J5? Are they back together?

Other good acts I'd like to see at it...

Blur
Four Tet
Infected Mushroom
Lee 'Scratch' Perry (he's so old now, lol)
Richie Hawtin
Booka Shade
Roni Size

and of course Wu-Tang and Jurassic 5.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 01:27)
Tommy but you got Wu-Tang and Jurassic 5! They can stick it those rappers, any day biggrin.gif What's the story with J5? Are they back together?

I don't really listen to J5 but love Wu-Tang. The only reason why last Coachella was so special was because of the Tupac hologram. I watched it live and it's a moment I will never forget.

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Damn well I'm sorry but Wu Tang and Jurassic 5 are good, but they wouldn't be enough tounge.gif At least last time you had a whole host of heros. Its just kind of them... and then theirs Pusha' T who isn't too bad.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Glenn. @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 19:10)
Damn well I'm sorry but Wu Tang and Jurassic 5 are good, but they wouldn't be enough tounge.gif At least last time you had a whole host of heros. Its just kind of them... and then theirs Pusha' T who isn't too bad.

Yeah I agree dude. Although there are some good non hip-hop artists/bands this year so I will try and watch most of it icon14.gif

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Again its hard to have it the Hip Hop way every year. I'm sure other people will enjoy it smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users