Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:27 PM

It wasn't a "literal" rehash. But I know what you mean. Although, they do seem to have the trailing scenes in store for us.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:58 PM Edited by El Diablo, 16 April 2017 - 12:03 AM.

sorry I hate to do this, but how was it not a rehash?

- we're introduced to robots before humans

- we've got Stormtroopers assaulting rebels

- we've got an orphan kid who lives in the desert and tinkers with junk

- we've got a hero in a Stormtrooper outfit rescuing another hero from an Imperial interrogation

- we've got the veteran pilot showing the ropes to the new kid

- we're hiding underneath the floorboards of the Millennium Falcon

- we play alien Chess aboard the Millennium Falcon

- we fight a giant / creepy monster in a dirty ship

- we've got an alien band in an exotic alien bar

- we find a seemingly indestructible Death Star populated by thousands of enemies

- we plan another simple trench run

- somebody important dies again

- Death Star blows up thanks to tiny little weakness exploited by handful of heroes

- one of the heroes seems to be gravely wounded until further notice

look, I really enjoyed Force Awakens but let's not pretend it wasn't a lazy film.

oh here's the video I was looking for.

there's such thing as 'paying homage' and then there's such thing as copying a movie...

• darthYENIK, Tchuck, iBUCKEYE and 5 others like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:33 AM

I Agree with what you're saying, I'm just being a cheeky c*nt about your use of the word literal.
  • El Diablo, Tchuck, iBUCKEYE and 1 other like this

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:35 AM

At least the title was different
  • Honker1944 likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:28 PM

Technically, "literally" now also means "figuratively."

Savages.
  • darthYENIK, Tchuck, iBUCKEYE and 2 others like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:24 PM

I'v finally watched Rogue One. It was great y'all; seriously. No idea what the backlash is all about when everyone was complaining that TFA is a New Hope rip off and then when this does something mildly different it gets bashed.

• That Guy There likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:59 PM

I never bashed Rogue One.

loved that sh/t lol

• Zello, That Guy There, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and 1 other like this

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:05 PM

I loved rogue one
  • Honker1944 likes this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:33 PM

I was enjoying have a Christmas Eve tradition going to watch the new Star Wars movies these past few years :( I read somewhere it's because of Avatar?

The Walt Disney Company and Lucasfilm announced today two major upcoming release dates.

Star Wars: Episode IX is now set for release on May 24, 2019. Directed by Colin Trevorrow, the film will close out the third Star Wars trilogy.

In addition, the fifth chapter of the Indiana Jones series is now confirmed for a July 10, 2020 release. Both Steven Spielberg, director of every Indiana Jones film, and star Harrison Ford will return.

http://www.starwars....t-release-dates

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:52 PM

Someone needs to stop that Indy from happening.....

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:05 PM

Harrison Ford will stop it from happening, he will either have a fatal accident in something he is driving/piloting or die of natural causes by then...

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:09 PM

I'd prefer the movie not to come out without the death of Indiana.  That would be ideal.

• DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and JuniorChubb like this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:42 PM

I'd prefer the movie not to come out without the death of Indiana.  That would be ideal.

Now you're being picky ;)

• AlienTwo likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:33 AM

Harrison Ford will stop it from happening, he will either have a fatal accident in something he is driving/piloting or die of natural causes by then...

Harrison Ford will die quietly at the age of 120 years old. He's indestructible.
  • Zello, AlienTwo, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and 1 other like this

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:42 AM

I was enjoying have a Christmas Eve tradition going to watch the new Star Wars movies these past few years :( I read somewhere it's because of Avatar?

The Walt Disney Company and Lucasfilm announced today two major upcoming release dates.

Star Wars: Episode IX is now set for release on May 24, 2019. Directed by Colin Trevorrow, the film will close out the third Star Wars trilogy.

In addition, the fifth chapter of the Indiana Jones series is now confirmed for a July 10, 2020 release. Both Steven Spielberg, director of every Indiana Jones film, and star Harrison Ford will return.

http://www.starwars....t-release-dates

May the 24th be with you.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:48 AM

How do you mean ?

Like a movie were indiana jones dies to have that as last movie period ?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:02 AM

Why does Indiana Jones have to die? I want to see a 90 year old Indy in the 90s hitting on college girls, and then being creeped out, and him saying, "I threw a Nazi outta a zeppelin!"
  • Tchuck, Crokey and iBUCKEYE like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:20 PM

I worded that oddly, I meant I want this 5th movie to be stopped by less than Harrison Ford dying. I.e., no Indy 5 and also keep Harrison alive.
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud likes this

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:17 PM Edited by Son of Zeus, 14 May 2017 - 03:18 PM.

as long as this isn't a literal rehash of Empire Strikes Back like the way Force Awakens was a literal rehash of A New Hope, I'll be happy with it.

It does seem like they're rehashing the Resistance side of the plot with the big AT-ATs, First Order attacking the Resistance base. Hopefully the Luke-Rey-Kylo plot will be something fresh.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:21 AM

Some new images of The Last Jedi: http://imgur.com/a/UVFKg

This is my favorite

InzriZZ.jpg

• El Diablo, HaythamKenway, feckyerlife and 4 others like this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:09 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 25 May 2017 - 02:09 PM.

one thing i dont like they said with the new picture reveal is that, the light saber is no longer Anakins, its official Reys'. So i guess she doesnt build her own, like a lot of the concept art showed?

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:44 AM

And so, Lord and Miller were "removed" from the Han Solo movie. If you've been following what was happening with Colin Trevorrow in the last week or so (and especially the dirty laundry), the whole situation gets a darkly humorous bite to it.

I did not necessarily think that they were the right fit for the character and given what the insiders are saying about what the root of the creative differences was, Kennedy came to agree, but I still don't think that what has happened was the right move. First, it casts a bad light on Lucasfilm to exercise such drastic measures in the middle of filming and puts the extent to which the directors can exercise their creative freedom in these movies in doubt. Contrary to what Kennedy and the others are touting, it really does seem that LFL runs on the MCU factory system now. They've allowed JJ Abrams to run free with TFA and while I don't agree with everything he has done (particulary in establishing the sequel era), but at least we got a confident movie that he wanted to make and the end result was better off for it. Edwards' vision for Rogue One thankfully lined up with what the studio had in mind, so the movie got out relatively unscathed (except for Jyn). But that liberal approach might to be over now that Lucasfilm firmly established itself as a production company again.

Second - why did it take so long and why hire Lord and Miller, when you know their previous work and know that they might not deliver what you want from the movie and won't stick by the party line? This movie had years of pre-production. If the creative clash really ran so deep that LFL had to make the hard choice and cut things so violently in the middle of the production, then why did no one pick up on this sooner? You hire these people for their vision and then you refuse to let them exercise it. What's the point, then? It is wrong for Lord and Miller to not budge on their movie like they are some debutants who'll happily allow the studio to ride over them? Or is the blame on Lucasfilm for ill-considered hiring on this massive commercial project in the first place?

And third, as I said I don't like Lord and Miller's work that much myself, but that's a matter of personal taste. However to see them fired for not bowing down, while a questionable director like Trevorrow continues to be attached to IX... it's just not right and it's very indicative of the interal processes at Lucasfilm. It's not about talent or merit. It's not about letting these people do what they are good at.

I understand that I'm pretty biased right now, but the context of the whole Trevorrow thing juxtaposed with what happened here just made me so salty. After all, Rogue One worked out, in spite of all its problems, and Rian Johnson apparently has a smooth sailing on TLJ too. The picture is probably not as bleak as I'm painting it. LFL seems to be very much a "play by our rules and we're fine" production company. Lord and Miller didn't and paid for it. But I can't help but to think that doesn't really foster a free creative environment that George Lucas himself strived towards and that can very well hurt Star Wars in the long run. Today, it's Lord and Miller. Who'll be next?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:00 PM

It's official, Ron Howard will direct the Han Solo movie...

http://www.hollywood...-direct-1015674
  • AlienTwo likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:18 PM

That could have ended up far worse. Howard is a good choice for a SW movie. In the last decade he produced more Infernos than Rushes, but he's still a competent, accomplished director who knows how to make a solid movie. Now it remains to be seen what creature will emerge from the other side of the editing room. I'd rather see him directing the third Anthology (or, even better, IX) than playing the savior here.

Worst case scenario, it'll be acceptable, I guess. As Rogue One demonstrated, LFL can take care of problematic productions like this better than WB or Fox. It's simply that I don't like the idea of Lucasfilm Ant-Manning these movies up.

ZillKentornoes
  • ZillKentornoes

I❤ LC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:13 AM

I'v finally watched Rogue One. It was great y'all; seriously. No idea what the backlash is all about when everyone was complaining that TFA is a New Hope rip off and then when this does something mildly different it gets bashed.

I was pleasantly surprised at how good RO was after that cash grab rehash that was episode 7. I strongly disliked TFA

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:31 PM

LOL Really they needed an Acting Coach for the kid playing the Lead? they should just cancel this trash.

https://www.yahoo.co...-164705994.html

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

That's not that strange. A lot of big name actors have coaches and go to classes. Acting is like any skill. You can never use enough practice and never be too good to know everything. That's not the story there. The story is that the studio didn't think he is good enough. Which if they had been reading this thread (in my dreams) they would have read when I said they'd never be able to find an actor who can fill the role. Harrison Ford IS Han Solo, and unless you Clone him, no one will be good enough.
  • Tchuck and iBUCKEYE like this

Coin
  • Coin

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

That's not the story there. The story is that the studio didn't think he is good enough. Which if they had been reading this thread (in my dreams) they would have read when I said they'd never be able to find an actor who can fill the role. Harrison Ford IS Han Solo, and unless you Clone him, no one will be good enough.

In fairness, this isn't the story either.

Not liking the way an actor is being used isn't the same thing as the actor not being good enough. :p

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:10 PM

That's not that strange. A lot of big name actors have coaches and go to classes. Acting is like any skill. You can never use enough practice and never be too good to know everything. That's not the story there. The story is that the studio didn't think he is good enough. Which if they had been reading this thread (in my dreams) they would have read when I said they'd never be able to find an actor who can fill the role. Harrison Ford IS Han Solo, and unless you Clone him, no one will be good enough.

Thats true, i probably should've been more clearer, that too hire one so late in the process is strange and a bad sign. 

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:14 PM

From reading that report it seems that he wasn't comfortable with the style that Lord and Miller were doing, which likely added to the decision to them getting booted.  This is maybe the inner Techie coming out in me, but having worked with Actors before, they are not the most confident of people and his confidence has probably taken a whack (plus the guys's still young yet).  Getting in an acting coach is not a far fetched as it seems, and is most likely a confidence coach as opposed to an acting skills coach.  Plus as The Yenik said, actors are constantly learning.

• Tchuck likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users