Star Wars

131 replies to this topic
darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:45 PM

I don't give a f*ck. He hurt himself on the Millennium Falcon. I already knew it was in the movie, but the fact that this reminds me that there is an active Millennium Falcon set gets me all sorts of geek'd out.
  • krashr likes this

krashr
  • krashr

f LI c k

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:10 AM

i like how underneath the story from that link there is a photo gallery of "more on-set accidents" and a pic of brandon lee.. i think that accident was slightly more severe than harrison's lol. man i can't wait til this actually comes out

jimmydsantaki288
  • jimmydsantaki288

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:26 AM

Oh man, it's pretty bad news that Ford is hurt. Hope he recovers soon. Really looking forward to this Star Wars film btw.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

Anyone excited for Star Wars Rebels?

It's a spiritual successor to The Clone Wars.  I just hope that they tell us what happened to Ahsoka, and they have Obi-Wan doing some down low Jedi-ing.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Kevin Smith's reaction to visiting the set of ep. VII... http://instagram.com/p/p4W_kDRy8D/
  • Ziggy455 likes this

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think I'm purely looking forward to Episode VII, just because JJ has a rule of 'more on-set, less CGI' which is, absolutely great, in my opinion. I think VII will at least be brilliant as long as we're not bogged down with lightsaber battles. Also, the fact JJ is going with pretty new faces in the way of acting, will make sure that VII is going to be smart.

The only thing here which bothers me a little is Kasdan appears to have pulled out of writing, which worries me. The man did write what is known as Empire Strikes Back, and as such, taking off his brilliance might not be a smart move. 

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

JJ is not only doing actual on set, but actual on location filming. That gets me excited. I don't think they filmed a single frame on location for episode III. Episode I and II had some on location with Tatooine, and the picnic scene in ep. II. I still have faith JJ is going to knock it out of the park.
  • El_Diablo and Ziggy455 like this

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago

the lack of on-location is a huge part of the reason why the Prequels were so terrible.

when you're watching the Prequels, you can just tell that everything around everyone isn't real. there's not a single live prop or special effect short of some makeup.

it's virtually 99% CGI and it's horrible.

• Ziggy455 likes this

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm beginning to lose my patience more and more with green-screen and CGI. It seems most flicks will use it because it's such a save on finance and resources, but it makes movies feel light to me, like it's not weighty and real. Episode II reminds me of some of the worst CGI and there's rarely any on-location shooting.

I'm not like these mad sceptics who are going "MAN, JJ'S GONNA PUT LENSE FLARES ON EVERYTHING. GOD." I think he's got the know-how and weight as a talented director. I watched the Charity video he did which gave one lucky person a spot and credit within Episode VII. In that video alone, they used more puppeteer-work than the whole three prequels! I lost my sh*t at the fact I was looking at a real, physical alien creature! It's things like that which make me hopeful for VII. I can understand the use of special effects and CGI, but to bog a movie down with it, destroys its worth as an artistic piece. 

• Failure likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by darthYENIK, 3 weeks ago.

I really don't care about lens flares. That's the least worry I would have.

But I disagree about the lack of puppeteering for the prequels, at least episode I. Remember, Yoda used to be a puppet, along with half the Jedi Council. Mos Espa was full of puppets. The podrace audience and half the podracers were puppets. And you know what? Yoda looked like sh*t. The best thing they ever did was make him CGI.

UPDATE: BIG NEWS: The Boba Fett movie may have cast Temuera Morrison as the fabled bounty hunter for the Star Wars spinoff.

Hasbro leaked out a list of the entire Star Wars release years:

• 2014: Rebels
  • 2015: Episode VII
  • 2016: Boba Fett
  • 2017: Episode VIII
  • 2018: Solo
  • 2019: Episode IX
  • 2020: Red Five

This is huge news.  A new Star Wars movie every year for six years.  I'm giddy.

• Ziggy455 likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

• El_Diablo likes this

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia