Quantcast

» «
Photo

Star Wars

78 replies to this topic
fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Lost Kings Street Soldier, Fighting And Making Money.

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

Cool fan poster. I'm excited for this new movie, but all my friends think its gonna suck like the prequels confused.gif I actually like the prequels, the originals are much better, but I still enjoy them.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

All aliens will be just out of shot and lens flare will reflect off the lightsabers.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (fridaynightscream @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 18:02)
confused.gif I actually like the prequels, the originals are much better, but I still enjoy them.

the prequels are ok on their own.
above average but far from spectacular. the original movies were more for teens and adults. the prequels are more for children and teens. and it shows.

it's only when you compare the prequels to the originals that they really begin to show their flaws. because the strength of the original 3 movies lies in the strength of the characters and story itself. the prequels completely abandon this formula. the characters are weak and their development is extremely shallow. the story has no depth, no dramatic pacing, and no sense of urgency. all of this was thrown out the window in favor of super-dense CGI and flashy special effects.

virtually all 3 prequels were shot on sound stages in front of giant blue and green screens. nothing is 'on location' and almost nothing is real aside from a few close-up props.
there's no real interaction between the characters and the environment or even between themselves since they speak to the camera and not to each other.

the prequels look like they were made an amateur film student who just had a lot of money.
they bring shame on the originals by comparison and association. but they're not necessarily terrible on their own.

as for the new trilogy by Disney, I'm not going to judge it before I see it.
they could really screw it up and leave the bar as low as it was with Jar Jar Binks, or they could raise the bar and do something special. Disney is perfectly capable of making great films.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

I have a little faith in Disney.
One of my favourite movie series from e past 10 years is pirates of the caribbean.
They have some real dark tones to them.

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 01:50)
the prequels are more for children and teens. and it shows.

Yes, cutting off limbs and setting a guy on fire is obviously something you wanna show to your kids. sarcasm.gif

Everybody bitches about the prequels, the truth is, Episode II is my favorite, the massive battles on Geonosis is awesome. Just because a movie is made with alot of CGI doesn't mean they are lazy. Some scenes are truly state of the art!

All Star Wars movies are good on their own, and making more movies is just more awesome because they are expanding the Star Wars Universe.
So I can't wait until Episode 7 comes out and I expect it to be at least as good as the other six.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (guib @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 14:29)
QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 01:50)
the prequels are more for children and teens. and it shows.

Yes, cutting off limbs and setting a guy on fire is obviously something you wanna show to your kids. sarcasm.gif

you see as much on the Disney channel after 5PM.

it doesn't change the fact that the tone of the prequels is much lighter compared to the dark nature and themes of the originals.
the prequels are glossy, flashy, CGI dumping grounds. the only time they approach the style of the original movies is during Episode 3 when Anakin goes crazy and slaughters the young Jedi trainees.

but aside from that, the story and characters were largely ignored in favor of visuals and special effects.
and that's why the prequels will never be regarded as highly as the original 3. but I didn't say they were bad movies. just not as good.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

I think you need to go back and watch the original trilogy, I don't think they're as dark as you think. Episode III is easily the darkest of all the movies. Not just Anakin killing the younglings, but Order 66, Anakin killing Padme, Obi Wan leaving Anakin in a flaming limbless pile who's screaming, "I hate you." and then Obi Wan tells him he loved him like a brother. And Episode II had a couple pretty dark moments. Does Anakin slaughtering an entire tribe of Tuskin Raiders ring a bell?

That said, dark doesn't always mean better.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 21:21)
I think you need to go back and watch the original trilogy, I don't think they're as dark as you think.  Episode III is easily the darkest of all the movies.  Not just Anakin killing the younglings, but Order 66, Anakin killing Padme, Obi Wan leaving Anakin in a flaming limbless pile who's screaming, "I hate you." and then Obi Wan tells him he loved him like a brother.  And Episode II had a couple pretty dark moments.  Does  Anakin slaughtering an entire tribe of Tuskin Raiders ring a bell?

That said, dark doesn't always mean better.

yeah.
everything that you mentioned is just from the second half of the 3rd movie.

and Anakin killing some sand people wasn't dark.
they killed his mother! I'd chop them up too without much thought tounge.gif

but hey I never said dark meant better.
I'm really talking about the characters and the story. the character development and plot elements of the original trilogy are lightyears ahead of the prequels. the prequels really feel like an amateur film with a huge budget.

Rown
  • Rown

weltvolkzeit

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

I'm a bit bummed that so far they seem to have shelved what were growing efforts to show off "The Dark Times" between III and IV. They all seemed to revolve around the Underworld concepts seen in 1313 development stuff, rumors of the live-action and the last couple episodes of the Cartoon Network show. That would've been a lot of fun.

Hopefully one of the spin-offs gives reason to resurrect it.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

I found this (possible spoilers) interesting. It's only a rumor, but it seems logical, as opposed to just a straight up Palpatine clone that's been rumored.

Jedi.
  • Jedi.

Sex - Breakfast of Champions

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

Apparently Disney want Ryan Gosling and Zac Efron. I can understand Ryan but leave Zac as far away from this as possible. This isn't a concrete thing. Source

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

I'm sure Disney wants that, but I trust J.J. and Bad Robot to do their job good, in casting competent actors.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

John Williams confirmed for the score!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:05 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 15 November 2013 - 01:05 AM.

Big bump!

tweet.JPG

1360549093445.gif

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

Big bump!

tweet.JPG

1360549093445.gif

Most awkward photo ever???

I can see in all their eyes "are we doing the right thing?"

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

I don't know. Abrams looks like he's pretty happy.

I doubt there's many times where he isn't smiling while at work.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

I have wanted to watch Episode I through VI but I can't find them anywhere! Not on TV not on Netflix, nowhere! I could buy them but I don't wanna buy them without seeing them first. I wanna make sure i'll like it first before I buy them, you know? Does anybody know where I could watch them for free or at least rent them? I at least would wanna see epidode IV to get a taste of the Star Wars movies... I just never saw these and I wanna give them a shot... :/

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

I don't know. Abrams looks like he's pretty happy.
I doubt there's many times where he isn't smiling while at work.

Check his hands. Nobody naturally stands like that.
  • darthYENIK likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

http://atthamovies.c...rs-episode-vii/

It's out there somewhere.  Either way, I'll do this GTAV forum style.  Millenium Falcon: confirmed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users