Star Wars

328 replies to this topic
Moth
  • Moth

Baka Senpai

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Wait, that was Hamill? I thought it was Luke's son talking.

I think that was actually audio from Return of the Jedi. It's the exact same dialogue and Hamill sounds younger. Plus he does say "my father has it." I don't think that would still be the line if he said it 30 years later. 

It is audio from Return of the Jedi. They just rearranged it.

And I'm still kinda iffy about it. Still not too sure about it. 

thebreak
  • thebreak

Not quite my tempo

• Members
  • Taiwan

Posted A week ago

I hope the "Chewie... We're Home" line doesn't mean they're gonna pull a heroic sacrifice by ramming the Falcon into some enemy flagship.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted A week ago Edited by darthYENIK, A week ago.

Video of the trailer being shown at Celebration.

• Scarface187 and Marwin like this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Order. Purpose. Direction.

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted A week ago Edited by HaythamKenway, A week ago.

Both the Empire and the Alliance have been renamed.

Spoiler

Theorycrafting, hooray:

Spoiler

Nevertheless, I really like both names. Especially the new Empire's and I love how they both echo the "WW II in space" spirit of the OT.

• Stoney0503 likes this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted A week ago

Reserving place in Cinema  :^:

• Marwin likes this

¥en
  • ¥en

Get Cage'd

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted A week ago

A name change for the Empire makes a certain sort of sense. To distinguish the new entity from the Palpatine led Empire.

Don't really get the whole Rebel Alliance -> Resistance change though. Right now in my mind that only really makes sense if the former Rebel Alliance is now in power, and the remnants of the Empire are well.. resisting.

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

Putting out the fire with gasoline.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted A week ago

• Davo the Assassin, The Yokel, Tacymist and 3 others like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Peeling potatoes like a pro

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted A week ago

This actually looks like it might be awesome. I don't know how to react to that. It's freakin' Star Wars and it might be awesome. How does one react to a good Star Wars movie if one was born after the original trilogy?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Eerily close to my own real life reaction.
  • Scarface187 likes this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by darthYENIK, A week ago.

kb6e9.jpg

• darthYENIK, GankThis110, Shadowlarvitar and 2 others like this

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted A week ago Edited by Brobinski, A week ago.

These are the new promo posters that came out in tandem with the trailer. love the retro aesthetic.

They also confirm, I guess what we already knew, that the new saber is actually a light-claymore and that this is, in fact, totally badass and not stupid at all.

11144086_10205383706103634_4427459563516

11156277_10205383736384391_2987059916145

10392493_10205383752344790_4814550560087

kylo2.jpg

kylo1.jpg

E: A final addition. It's real!

umSzUjp.gif

• DOOM!, acmilano, Tacymist and 2 others like this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted A week ago

How does one react to a good Star Wars movie if one was born after the original trilogy?

I know how.

My old Revenge of the Sith poster is still up on my bedroom's door. /prequel apologist

• darthYENIK likes this

Killer Queen
  • Killer Queen

GTAF Commissioner

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Killer Queen, A week ago.

When I was a kid, episodes 1 - 3 were awesome. But now as an adult I find the acting dry and Jar Jar Binks annoying as f*ck. This was the only good scene he had.

Jar-Jar-Binks.gif

And that's only because his idiocy got him hurt.  :^:

I'll try to reserve judgement until after I've seen The Force Awakens, but if the new trailer is anything to go by, I think it will be pretty good. It automatically gets bonus points for bringing back some of the old cast.

• Marwin and The7thOne like this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

There was a lot of cool stuff and then there were explosions and then there were people and then there was a black storm trooper which people apparently don't like and there was a guy wearing a mask and some lasers and Mark Hamil sounded ominous as f*ck and he has a son... Oh, and there was motherf*cking Han God Damn Solo!

10/10 - Saved Christ-Man.

• Killer Queen likes this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted A week ago

10492509_985916984753435_759746829089960

• Davo the Assassin, J-B, Tacymist and 2 others like this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted A week ago

e99801bff09222e9a9a7ee1c0952861b.gif

• HaythamKenway, Tacymist and ¥en like this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

What becomes of the broken hearted?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago

My cats would go crazy with that thing.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Mr.Scratch, A week ago.

EDIT: Nevermind...

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

/Away

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Amongst all the hype around The Force Awakens at the Star Wars Celebration, some news for the spin off movie Rouge One got dropped.

The plot: "A band of resistance fighters unite for a daring mission to steal the Death Star plans."

https://twitter.com/...857369322037249

There was a teaser trailer as well, but it's not been official released just yet.

Still to be coming December 2016, one year after The Force Awakens. Filming starts this summer in the UK.

Some sauce: http://www.slashfilm...rogue-one-plot/

• El Diablo likes this

Marwin
  • Marwin

I play just what I feel.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 6 days ago

sh*t, that teaser got me excited. The music was perfect. The shots were perfect. 

I like that it seems to have a lot of practical effects (especially eminent in the foot soldier fighting shot), smart move.

Shadowlarvitar
  • Shadowlarvitar

Proud Saints Row Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I'm still more hyped for Rebels season 2. Rex is back along with Ahsoka.

And I bet Han is getting killed off....

krashr
  • krashr

floating eyeball

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 6 days ago

Amongst all the hype around The Force Awakens at the Star Wars Celebration, some news for the spin off movie Rouge One got dropped.

There was a teaser trailer as well, but it's not been official released just yet.

it can be viewed here at the moment =)

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Tomb Raider

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Hey guys, is anyone else worried about Disney CODerizing Star Wars? There's going to be a new Star Wars released every year from now to 2020 (and probably more afterwards). One year you'll have the sequel trilogy, and the next will be the "Anthology" series. It makes me worried they're going to oversaturate the market, and people will get sick of it.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted A day ago

Because people are totally sick of Marvel movies... oh wait.

But yeah, I understand your concern. It's only a matter of time until the comic book bubble bursts too. I just can't see it happening for at least several more years, at least until Infinity War is done. I'd say Star Wars is in even better position. The "cinematic expanded universe" is just starting off and people are hungry for new SW movies - we haven't had any for a decade now - and SW is still a much bigger cultural phenomenon than superheroes. Also, SW's expanded universe is as rich and varied as Marvel's and it's goddamn goldmine. You can come up with any subject, in any era, and you can make a film with a very different feel to it, while retaining that SW spirit. And fans will storm theaters every time.

• GankThis110 likes this

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Tomb Raider

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Because people are totally sick of Marvel movies... oh wait.

But yeah, I understand your concern. It's only a matter of time until the comic book bubble bursts too. I just can't see it happening for at least several more years, at least until Infinity War is done. I'd say Star Wars is in even better position. The "cinematic expanded universe" is just starting off and people are hungry for new SW movies - we haven't had any for a decade now - and SW is still a much bigger cultural phenomenon than superheroes. Also, SW's expanded universe is as rich and varied as Marvel's and it's goddamn goldmine. You can come up with any subject, in any era, and you can make a film with a very different feel to it, while retaining that SW spirit. And fans will storm theaters every time.

I see what you're saying there. Even my COD example doesn't work, since it's only seeing a small decrease in sales after its peak but is still otherwise selling more than almost all other games can hope for. I'm just worried that the magic of Star Wars will be lost. Then other companies will take note and start annualizing their franchises (can you imagine a new Transformers every year?).

• krashr likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted A day ago

You're right. It is likely that we'll see some mediocre and bad movies too, though, considering we lived through the prequels, I doubt it's something we wouldn't be able to handle. And there will always be something new to look forward to, instead of rewatching the Plinkett reviews and beating ourselves up with The Phantom Menace sixteen years later.

What I think we will definitely lose is that feeling that of a new Star Wars movie being some big Earth-stopping event. All prequels were something important at the time of their release, no matter how controversial they were. Ep VII will obviously still be a huge deal too, but the "Episode X"? Star Wars movies will become a routine. I already get the same feeling from AoU. The first Avengers were huge for me, but while I am still looking forward to the sequel, it's not something special for me anymore.

• NightSpectre, Zello and krashr like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by darthYENIK, A day ago.

But, the most important thing is quality. And if we believe they will have a similar arc as Marvel, the movies will get better and better, as the Marvel movies have.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Tomb Raider

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Yeah, I'm definitely more confident in each movie being good now that it's out of Lucas' hands. If Lucas wanted to annualize Star Wars and he had complete control, forget it.

sebcreed
  • sebcreed

- PS3 PS4 VANS Meets! - Vans Society VP

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Best Event 2014 [Van Society Meets]

Posted 4 hours ago

I found this interesting. In the trailer Luke says ''The force is strong in my family. My father has it,....''

Does that mean Anakin Skywalker aka Darth Vader is still alive? Although you do see his skeleton in the warped Vader helmet.

I think he's alive within the force like Obi Wan Kenobi, and you do see Anakin (although he appears as his younger self from episode 3) in the remastered version of Return of the Jedi alongside Obi and Yoda.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users