Discussion: Use Interiors as another worlds

4 replies to this topic
MenuET
  • MenuET

Maxscript Modeler

• Feroci Racing
  • Panama

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

And... if the same portals (usually doors) used in GTAIV to transport player from outside to the inside world...
could be used to transport player to the another map, by simply modeling a new map in a interior world?

I mean... i have experience in Source Engine games, like HL2, and the MAIN problem with that engine is the map size limit

But in the Source tihs problem can be solved by simply putting a portal in a part of a map, so the game will load the other map to continue the following map, as a mosaic (who played HL2, HL, or ANY another game like that know what i'm saying)

what i'm saying, imagine the possibilities if a portal could be made in a middle of a outborders road, or even in the sea. Example: So instead of boating in a infinite sea while you get out of Liberty, you could simply cross a portal in a sea tha drives you to:

the Gostown, on game Interior 1
the SA State, on game Interior 2
the Vice City, on game Interior 3

and then, with any another town you WANT

i was thinking about that at a LONG time, and i wold like to open a discussion

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Nope, wouldn't work. IV's portal system works differently to that.

MenuET
  • MenuET

Maxscript Modeler

• Feroci Racing
  • Panama

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 15:50)
Nope, wouldn't work. IV's portal system works differently to that.

Well, not SO different, i mean... if some empty space act like a door, probable should work fine

Otherwise, thats not the only option

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:12 PM Edited by Frank.s, 25 January 2013 - 06:16 PM.

Nooop nopenopenope

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

You can't do that, IV's portal is not like SA where you go to a separate world.

IV's interior works by after going into a portal, it "renders" the scene as an interior (in other words, with different effects than outside).

To put it short, IV's interiors are also within the exterior world of GTA IV, that is why from interiors, you can still see exterior if there are open doors or windows.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users