Quantcast

» «
Photo

IT'S TAKING FOREVER!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
192 replies to this topic
T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

They usually have a countdown for things like this, so don't expect the box art to release tomorrow or even Friday, for that matter.

Anything less than a 48 hour countdown is pretty pointless.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Mm9090 @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 20:59)
They usually have a countdown for things like this, so don't expect the box art to release tomorrow or even Friday, for that matter.

Meh. I can only remember one box art that had a countdown. Not like it's a pattern or anything.

But who knows.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

If all we get is the box art i'm going to be disappointed. It'll probably be followed by a silent period again.

dame la chocha
  • dame la chocha

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

R* must be planning more then just the Box Art if it's taking this long just to release it dammit.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 19:00)

Meh. I can only remember one box art that had a countdown. Not like it's a pattern or anything.

But who knows.

I'd assume that they'd do it for their "most ambitious title ever."
My money is on a countdown for this 1, we'll see.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Mm9090 @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 14:03)

But who knows.

Next Thursday is the last day of January. I don't think a countdown is needed anymore.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (saintsrow @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 13:51)
QUOTE (Adriaan @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 18:05)
It's called anticipation marketing: http://whatculture.c...t-treatment.php (written by an Edinburgh-based marketing graduate and member of this forum).

It's called Guantanamo -- shock prods, sleep deprivation, waterboarding for months, then give you a break and treat you nice for a few days, then back to the shock prods, sleep deprivation, waterboarding for another couple months, then give you a break and treat you nice for a few days, repeat until you are completely disoriented and broken.

I am still riding farily high from Trailer #2 and the bacth of reveals in November 2012, but I don't forgive or forget the months of sh*t that Rockstar marketing dragged us through in the rest of 2012. I still remember happily the buildup to GTA-SA, and 5 to 10 years from now, I will still remember with angst and anger Rockstar's GTAV "anticipation marketing" of 2012.

A franchise like GTA is analogous to a legendary sports team, and all the loyalty and strong emotions that such a franchise engenders. But sports teams can go from being heroes to being bums in a very short time -- such is the fickle nature of strong fan loyalty. I wonder if Rockstar marketing appreciates this analogy?

What I'm hoping is that, GTAV is going to be so amazing that when we are waiting for GTA VI about 4 years from now and R* are releasing no info, V will hopefully still be very fun to play then and it will keep us pre-occupied during the inevitable droughts.

I have faith that will happen. I still play IV sometimes these days, like several times a month, so I can only imagine how long I will be playing GTAV a few years from now.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 18:15)
All things point to a website launch anyway.

yeah, this is the thing I'm waiting for too. A site like they did for all past GTA's, with a kind of map and short bits of video and audio of inconsequential stuff like radio stations and brands.. just to get you in the mood. I don't they're gonna come out with a lot of new info until it releases.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 19:05)
QUOTE (Mm9090 @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 14:03)

But who knows.

Next Thursday is the last day of January. I don't think a countdown is needed anymore.

If I was a betting man I would bet on a countdown starting on Friday with the release on Monday the 28th.

tator1
  • tator1

Tator Flowers

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

This is pure speculation, but Friday at the earliest, and i highly doubt friday. It'll be monday tues or wens of next week.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2012, 20:01)
If all we get is the box art i'm going to be disappointed. It'll probably be followed by a silent period again.

We are more or less in a silence period right now and personally, I think that is the last one before the release of GTA V. The question is, will be the reveal of the box art the end of all silence periods until the release of GTA V? Is it possible that if this is the last silence period that Rockstars promise with keeping plenty back this time to keep the surprise, stays true?

QUOTE (I Shot The Sheriff @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 19:29)
Why do you put "-Wheatley" everytime? it's annoying and a bit dumb.

I think it's a matter of taste.

-Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian

I Shot The Sheriff
  • I Shot The Sheriff

Yippie-kay-yay, motherf*cker!

• BUSTED!

QUOTE (dame la chocha @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 19:02)
R* must be planning more then just the Box Art if it's taking this long just to release it dammit.

The exact quote was:

"Stay tuned for lots more ahead, including more artwork and the unveiling of the game's official cover later this month."

So even if we only get the box art, there is definitely more stuff on the way.

Topsu
  • Topsu

A man who takes his time waiting

• Members

user posted image

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

I don't understand the uproar here. At first it seemed widely accepted that the box cover may not arrive until the very end of January. They just released the final Max Payne 3 DLC and I perfectly understand why Rockstar wants to milk this before hyping GTAV. There's still six business days left of this month.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Above @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 21:13)
I don't understand the uproar here. At first it seemed widely accepted that the box cover may not arrive until the very end of January. They just released the final Max Payne 3 DLC and I perfectly understand why Rockstar wants to milk this before hyping GTAV. There's still six business days left of this month.

Yeah, i feel sorry for Adriaan and the other mods, this f*cking place takes patience to moderate

Just wait for the damn thing, least you get to play the game in time, i'll probably have to steal a console to do it xd

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

I just have a feeling we will get something tomorrow. Can't explain it. It's like my V th sense.

ph34r.gif

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

People thought the flood gates would open after the first trailer back in 2011 and look what happened. I'm not convinced this box art reveal will be the start of anything. Hopefully the Take Two conference call on February 5th sheds some light on the situation.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 19:06)
QUOTE (saintsrow @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 13:51)
It's called anticipation marketing: http://whatculture.c...t-treatment.php (written by an Edinburgh-based marketing graduate and member of this forum).

It's called Guantanamo -- shock prods, sleep deprivation, waterboarding for months, then give you a break and treat you nice for a few days, then back to the shock prods, sleep deprivation, waterboarding for another couple months, then give you a break and treat you nice for a few days, repeat until you are completely disoriented and broken.

I am still riding farily high from Trailer #2 and the bacth of reveals in November 2012, but I don't forgive or forget the months of sh*t that Rockstar marketing dragged us through in the rest of 2012. I still remember happily the buildup to GTA-SA, and 5 to 10 years from now, I will still remember with angst and anger Rockstar's GTAV "anticipation marketing" of 2012.

A franchise like GTA is analogous to a legendary sports team, and all the loyalty and strong emotions that such a franchise engenders. But sports teams can go from being heroes to being bums in a very short time -- such is the fickle nature of strong fan loyalty. I wonder if Rockstar marketing appreciates this analogy?

What I'm hoping is that, GTAV is going to be so amazing that when we are waiting for GTA VI about 4 years from now and R* are releasing no info, V will hopefully still be very fun to play then and it will keep us pre-occupied during the inevitable droughts.

I have faith that will happen. I still play IV sometimes these days, like several times a month, so I can only imagine how long I will be playing GTAV a few years from now.

icon14.gif icon14.gif Totally agree. I was happily alternating TGOBT and RDR disks in my Xbox for the past few years and continued to do that until (and after) GTAV marketing "started" on 25 October 2012. Still doing so.

I also hope exactly, that I can live in the GTAV world and its DLCs (and multiplayer if it makes sense) for the next 4 to 7, years waiting for next gen GTA 6. smile.gif

The only thing that could make it better over those years is if Rockstar (or open world game companies in general) created a standard toolkit to crowdsource the humongous task of next gen 3D world design, and I could actually contribute to the design of interiors, buildings, objects or small towns in GTA 6. Otherwise, it seems like the trend of increasing scale and detail in next gen video games must push out the development almost into decades.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 21:15)
I just have a feeling we will get something tomorrow. Can't explain it. It's like my V th sense.

ph34r.gif

Yeah, umm that's everyone because thursday is usually gta news day and it's almost the end of January, Rockstar promised later THIS month so...

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

I have a feeling 4:00 ET were gonna get something

i have a feeling

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 19:17)
QUOTE (GTA-King @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 21:15)

ph34r.gif

Yeah, umm that's everyone because thursday is usually gta news day and it's almost the end of January, Rockstar promised later THIS month so...

Indeed. If not tomorrow, then very soon. icon14.gif

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

I just wish they would have kept up on the Epsilon Twitter. It at least gave people something to talk about even if it was useless.

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (greenrock @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 19:17)
I have a feeling 4:00 ET were gonna get something

i have a feeling

optimism t its best

kraq567
  • kraq567

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 20:02)
go outside.

Remember how you felt like after you saw A LOT back in November? You felt satisfied? You saw SOOO many new screenshots.

Having a quiet period like we've just had is merely just to get you pumped again, that's all tounge.gif .

So when the new info and updates come out this month, you'll REALLY enjoy it - much like you did back in November with the V reveal.

Tell us what you know, Adriaan come on!

Mpower
  • Mpower

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Just wait for a few days or so ph34r.gif

moto_whistle.gif

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Tomorrow.

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 18:15)
QUOTE (GTARandom @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 20:09)
Yes, but not much time left to advertise if game indeed arrives in Spring on our shelves.

Most of the GTA games have had the brunt of their marketing take place between August - October. So a 3 month period.

Whenever we discussed marketing, more often than not I'd chip in with a (hopefully) intelligently written post about the way Rockstar would perform most of their marketing in an intense last three months to release. It most usually would fall on deaf ears with a rather loud few insisting that it takes the best part of a year to effectively advertise a game.

It's nice to see that someone else has noticed their 3 month pattern.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (kraq567 @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 19:22)
QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 20:02)
go outside.

Remember how you felt like after you saw A LOT back in November? You felt satisfied? You saw SOOO many new screenshots.

Having a quiet period like we've just had is merely just to get you pumped again, that's all tounge.gif .

So when the new info and updates come out this month, you'll REALLY enjoy it - much like you did back in November with the V reveal.

Tell us what you know, Adriaan come on!

He capslocked the word "really" thats a obvious hint.so somethings big is coming besides the box artwork reveal.

dame la chocha
  • dame la chocha

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

I wish everyone would relax, the last MP3 DLC is released we can all breathe a sigh of relief. Now we should all prepare ourselves for the BIG ONE, and trust I bought plenty of diapers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users