Formula 1 Cars

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic
Famous-CLS
  • Famous-CLS

'Verve

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

Do you guys think Rockstar will add Formula 1 cars will be in GTA V as they said it will feature the most vehicles in the series yet?

user posted image
  • warriorviper999 likes this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

GTA 5 will have the most vehicles of any gta ever

san andreas has 180

so gta 5 is going to prolly have 200+

yes i expect formula 1 cars will be in gta 5

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

Why? What has the real California to do with Formula 1?
This would make no sense at all. I bet R* hasn't even been thinking about that at all.

I Shot The Sheriff
  • I Shot The Sheriff

Yippie-kay-yay, motherf*cker!

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

F1 is mainly european, but I think there is an american F1, I don't remember the name.

It would be super cool, but it'd be extremely hard to replicate the super fast handling those cars have, in a non dedicated racing game.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

Maybe if R* includes a race track.

I hope they do, I'd be able to test my cars up there like MotorTrend. inlove.gif

slogan-killer1
  • slogan-killer1

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:08 AM Edited by slogan-killer1, 22 January 2013 - 04:13 AM.

QUOTE (Trund @ Tuesday, Jan 22 2013, 03:53)
This would make no sense at all. I bet R* hasn't even been thinking about that at all.

It funny because the jetpack in San Andreas didn't make any sense but was wildly like and even the monster truck too. So I'd say your response is unreasonable. OT: I really would like a formula 1 car. Would make going through the endless roads of the countryside so much fun.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (slogan-killer1 @ Tuesday, Jan 22 2013, 05:08)

It funny because the jetpack in San Andreas didn't make any sense but was wildly like and even the monster truck too. So I'd say your response is inapplicable. OT: I really would like a formula 1 car. Would make going through the endless roads of the countryside so much fun.

SA was last gen. R* basically removed everything unrealistic if you haven't noticed it. They focuse on real things now, and what actually applies to the region, so a Formula 1 car would be very unrealistic and is therefore very unlikely. So in the end my response is very applicable. smile.gif

CommonSeb
  • CommonSeb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

If anything it will be NASCAR and not F1 i think since its the U.S.

But i dont think we will see any of them unless there is a racing track in
southern california that I'm no aware of that they've included.

Turning left gets boring after a while so I would vote for F1 smile.gif

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

Maybe we should ask that pissed off LA local if F1 cars should b allowed in the city.

I'd like to see 1 f1 car hidden somewhere around the map so we can steal it and drive it.

j.hunt
  • j.hunt

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

we will obviously see a Nascar type car like in San Andreas, but a F1 car wouldn't make sense at all in this game IMO

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

California Speedway in Fontana California, so yes Nascar is definitely possible.

Nobody cares about F-1, that's why Danica Patrick tried to convert to Nascar. Those cars disintegrate at the slightest bit of speed wobbles, or a mere fender bender will render that things wheel axels completely useless.

I'd take the Le Mans racecars all day over F-1. F-1 cars look like overgrown go-karts. Give me an F-1 car with a bodykit on it and I might consider it.

CommonSeb
  • CommonSeb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE (ArcaneKnight @ Tuesday, Jan 22 2013, 04:37)
Give me an F-1 car with a bodykit on it and I might consider it.

Now that would be something I would want to drive!

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

Maybe this will be one of the "toys" we can buy

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

no. id rather have a nascar stock car. thats just a personal preference, i doubt anything like that will be in the game.

i wouldn't mind a speedway though.

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

I would like one of the stadium events to be a F1 style Go Kart race, then your reward for winning could be a Ferrari/Red Bull/McLaren F1 car biggrin.gif

nimblelinn
  • nimblelinn

old school

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

i really dont think they will have a F1 car or a current day NASCAR. nether one really "fits" with the gta vibe. but i do hope they have a good race track. something like Sanoma(foramly infineon) or Laguna Seca would be best. but california speedway would work too. it has a road course inside the oval. just to make the nascar fans happy.

LeThaL AsSeT
  • LeThaL AsSeT

F*ck Yo CoucH NyuGGa!!!

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

It would be cool as a cheat I guess

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE (Trund @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 21:14)

It funny because the jetpack in San Andreas didn't make any sense but was wildly like and even the monster truck too. So I'd say your response is inapplicable. OT: I really would like a formula 1 car. Would make going through the endless roads of the countryside so much fun.

SA was last gen. R* basically removed everything unrealistic if you haven't noticed it. They focuse on real things now, and what actually applies to the region, so a Formula 1 car would be very unrealistic and is therefore very unlikely. So in the end my response is very applicable. smile.gif

So a hispanic club owner helping a crazy arab business man steal a train with a transport copter by blowing up police helicopters is realistic? Who knew?

Master Splinter
  • Master Splinter

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:23 AM Edited by Master Splinter, 22 January 2013 - 06:25 AM.

Well the U.S. does have the IndyCar Series which is similar to F1. (I think sarcasm.gif )

UsernameNumber6
  • UsernameNumber6

Best from the Midwest

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE (Trund @ Tuesday, Jan 22 2013, 04:14)

There's this thing. Its called...fun. Fun is good. Fun is why we play GAMES like GTA

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Wouldn't make sense. In a town where bicycles are as fast as sports cars and cars drive 12 mp/h on the highway like in Los Santos, this would be boring wink.gif

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

Listen to that scream and feel that speed and tell me you don't want that goddamn F1 in this game! biggrin.gif

zmouse
  • zmouse

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (Master Splinter @ Tuesday, Jan 22 2013, 00:23)
Well the U.S. does have the IndyCar Series which is similar to F1. (I think sarcasm.gif )

They're pretty much the same, and they do race in California @ the Fontana one that was mentioned earlier. I don't really care either way, but used Google to see that it wouldn't be totally unrealistic. It's also a game.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

Lol we got a f*cking SUBMARINE.

I don't think it's crazy to think a F1/Indycar will be in the game.

Maybe the repo place where Franklin works has a old dusty F1 car in the back.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

F1 cars exist. So do indy cars. And pretty much all you would need to do to steal one is wait for the indy car series to enter your town and maybe steal one out of one of the racing team trailers while they're not looking. Hell, screw stealth even, just steal that sh*t and let them call the cops as you race down the freeway. They'll never catch you.

Hell, with the proper tools and resources, you could probably build one. Car crafting, now there's an idea.

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

Okay....

As much as people want ACTUAL F1 cars in the game, it won't happen. Bernie won't allow R* to include the cars. Having said that, they could go to the teams and ask individually, but I can't see any teams letting their cars be involved with GTA.

A fake F1/Indycar is a possibility, but I doubt it'd make it in for that reason, both F1 and Indy are very, very brand concious.

As far as F1, look up Riverside International Raceway, it closed 25 years ago, it hosted F1, sports cars and Indycars.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (Celticfang @ Tuesday, Jan 22 2013, 09:31)
Okay....

As much as people want ACTUAL F1 cars in the game, it won't happen. Bernie won't allow R* to include the cars. Having said that, they could go to the teams and ask individually, but I can't see any teams letting their cars be involved with GTA.

A fake F1/Indycar is a possibility, but I doubt it'd make it in for that reason, both F1 and Indy are very, very brand concious.

As far as F1, look up Riverside International Raceway, it closed 25 years ago, it hosted F1, sports cars and Indycars.

They could pull a Gran Turismo 3 and have F1 cars that look like the real ones. (They basically do this anyway with the cars.)
Besides. anyone with common since know that GTA will never feature real cars (Unless you count GTA 1, but they were top-down view).

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Enslaved

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

If there would be F1 or Indy car, You could only drive it on a closed track. It's impossible to drive F1 on a normal crappy road.

I'm hoping more for a few rally cars, since there will be desert and sandy roads in the countryside.

Poole1994
  • Poole1994

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

As a F1 fan myself I would love a F1 car to be in GTA V, or even an open wheeler at least, or something that resembles one, I know it would be unrealistic but it would be a lot of fun, the only thing they would have to change a bit for playability would be the turning circle and low speed cornering, as the cars cannot turn for sh*t in low speed corners as they rely on mechanical grip rather than downforce in high speed corners

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Tuesday, Jan 22 2013, 09:57)
QUOTE (Celticfang @ Tuesday, Jan 22 2013, 09:31)
Okay....

They could pull a Gran Turismo 3 and have F1 cars that look like the real ones. (They basically do this anyway with the cars.)
Besides. anyone with common since know that GTA will never feature real cars (Unless you count GTA 1, but they were top-down view).

GT3 came out before the FIA tightened up their licensing a lot though. the rights holders sold Codemasters the exclusive license again last year, now if GT6 wants F1 cars, they would have to go to one of the teams individually and only have that one car in it, as if a game has two or more F1 cars in it, it needs an FIA license. That's come up on several racing sites too.

It's crazy, I know. I wonder what Indy's situation is regarding licensing, probably something similar.

Also, those who say you can't drive an open wheeler in a city?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users